Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. (9251 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by WibusJaga: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2022
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Broveens42(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. Hebrews 11:1

So Jesus was not seen in 1914 but the evident demonstration of what he foretold can't be denied.

Thanks! wink

But Jesus wasn't mentioned in that verse that he would come in 1914 grin

Show me a biblical text suggesting He would come in 1914
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2022
Yes, there is.

One is brainwashed, the other has zombified.
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by oteneaaron(m): 10:41am On Oct 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All those persecuted and killed during the dark ages due to their love for what the Bible really teach died for the truth and Jesus is the truth so even though they're trinitarians and believe in HellFire Jesus will take them as true disciples because they're willing to know more! smiley

This still doesn't answer my question.

I wasn't talking about the Dark Ages.

You spoke about anointed JWs who are the true Born Again Christians who in your own words "will be transformed immediately they died to go and join their brothers in Heaven"

Is this not the the same teaching as the RAPTURE?

Well Jesus Christ returned in the year 1914 to take away the BORN AGAIN Christians who are sleeping in death {1Thessalonians 4:16} then the rest of them will be transformed immediately they died to go and join their brothers in heaven {1Thessalonians 4:17} then Jesus began visiting all the religious groups claiming Christians that year but none was teaching what Jesus laid down. After his thorough search he found a group known as the International Bible Students Association (IBSA) this group has been making research to know where the churches of Christendom went wrong, Jesus began using God's Holy Spirit to direct this group and from that year this group kept making amendments in their beliefs.

Jesus knew that we are imperfect humans so himself and his father aren't looking for perfection but willingness to admit mistakes and that's what the JWs are doing till today! smiley

Lol

Willingness to admit mistakes?

Interesting.

How can you simply call false prophecies "mistakes"?

False prophecy #1 - the world will end on 1914

False prophecy #2 - the world will end in 1925

False prophecy #3 - Abraham, Moses and other patriarchs will resurrect in 1929

False prophecy #4 - the world will end in 1975

I can go on and on.

Are these simply just "MISTAKES"?
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by BigDawsNet: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2022
Christian can be a a follower born into a Christian family

Born again can be of a different type of a religion that just converted to a Christian.. by giving his or her life to Christ
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by phemmyfour: 10:49am On Oct 23, 2022
IrepChrist:
It was in Antioch that the disciples were first called Christians,” Acts 11: 26.
This verse narrated the event that led to disciples being called after the likeness of Christ. Acts 11: 19-26 — It's a privilege that we believers today are called Christians because it emphasize our Christlike nature. Why are the disciples not referred to had born Christians?

Recently a prominent politician said I am a Christian but not born again. It sounds sarcastic. We should stop drawing lines between these nomenclature.
The phrase "Born again Christian" is tautology.

If you are a Christian, you are Born again and vise versa
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by ObalaEmma: 10:49am On Oct 23, 2022
From Myles Munroe my mentor. The difference is that One is delivered while the other is free. One is out of Egypt but not in Canaan Yet.
Deliverance means you are free from the law that held you bound but being free means you no have to live according to the law of freedom. Which means you are not free till you live like a free person .
This applies to Being a Christian which means being delivered from other kind of faith, but being born again, is living according to the law of that faith you belive ie Being born again in Christ and observing what it takes to be christ-like.
We all know that being a Christian is easy but being born again is hard as we all claim being born again but we don't want to live like one.
Hope I made a point.
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by OgunkeelAllMod: 10:50am On Oct 23, 2022
Not much... Most so called Christians and Muslims are hypocrite and charlatans, double
standards, unprincipled lots. this, I know for certain. I stopped having anything to do with religion many years ago and never regret doing so.. I'm a free spirit, love and humanity is my religion

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2022
Broveens42:

But Jesus wasn't mentioned in that verse that he would come in 1914 grin
Show me a biblical text suggesting He would come in 1914

Keep waiting for that! cheesy
People from all over the earth submissively came under one umbrella, settled all their racial disparities among themselves, diverted their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons and vowed never raise weapons against anyone again {Isaiah 2:2-4} while all others are worried over why people from their religion and nonreligious groups keep killing one another! Revelations 6:3-4

So you expect me to ask stupid questions when someone told me it's due to the presence of the Prince of Peace in the midst of the group performing according to what the scriptures say, shey?

Well according to God's word Jesus is the prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} and he promised to come towards the end of this system of things and when ask to tell the time he only talked about events that will be happening on planet earth! Matthew 24:1-14

So keep waiting for the Bible verse while faithful people are taking note of the events! wink

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by RuddyFusion(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2022
There's a difference
Being born again means you know the Lord and you're carrying your cross daily to follow HIM....
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Ensquare(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2022
No difference because we all going to heaven
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by IrepChrist: 10:56am On Oct 23, 2022
NNTR:
John 3:3-7
3Jesus answered him,
“I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless a person is born again
[reborn from above--spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified],
he cannot [ever] see and experience the kingdom of God.
4Nicodemus said to Him,
“How can a man be born when he is old?
He cannot enter his mother’s womb a second time and be born, can he?”
5Jesus answered,
“I assure you and most solemnly say to you,
unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God.
6That which is born of the flesh is flesh [the physical is merely physical],
and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7Do not be surprised that I have told you,
‘You must be born again
[reborn from above--spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified].’

Fellas and ladies, watch and with rapt attention, watch to this. You can see, experience and feel the power of America, but for you to enter into America, you must meet certain criteria, as no one ordinarily enters America anyhow or just like. Thats simply because certain requirements must be met

Kk, lets head back to the Nicodemus' clandestine private meeting, he had with Jesus (i.e. John 3:3-7 above)

At John 3:2, yes, Nicodemus recognised, admitted and confessed that he has observed the demonstrated power and moves done by Jesus, and all these events and occurrences that left him with the impression that they were all of God, so at John 3:3, Jesus informed Nicodemus that, its only a person born from on high or above, which also is known as being 'born again' (i.e. regenerated or renewed essentially) that is capable of seeing, that all those events and occurrences, the demonstrated power and move done by Jesus are all of God.

Then to buttress and reinforce the point, Jesus after seeing that Nicodemus, looked puzzled about being told of 'born again' then at John 3:5, went further, to explain that its combination criteria, that is required for, to enter the kingdom of God even. The decider, qualifier, or the game changer is to be both born of water (i.e. the amniotic fluid) and born of God (i.e. the Spirit)

Yes, we all (e.g. Rahab, Ruth, Simeon, Job et cetera) get born of the Spirit, from the moment will believe. Now as believers, the instalment of the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the manifestation of the Spirit soon after follow in tandem

Now here's an interesting fact, naysayers, scoffers, mockers, cynics, pagans et cetera dont see, never see and never will see anything good about the kingdom, for the simple reason because they are not born again. They are not born from above, and so are not spiritually rebirthed aka not regenerated, or nor renewed.

It's more the reason, we have atheists, it is because regeneration has not taken place in atheists and all and this is why they are quick to rubbish and/or never want to acknowledge any moves, demonstrations and power of the kingdom of God. They dont believe who Jesus is, that He is God and that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus, who is the preincarnate and incarnate God

So that's a modest bird-eye view of what it means to be born-again. Born again, is meant to be a given. To acknowledge God, to accept, confess, recognise, appreciate, own up, concede, realise and admit occurrences or events of the demonstration of the power of God is proof that one is born again aka born from above (i.e. anew).

Born Again in regards to believers, being a given, is the reason why Jesus never publicly preached about it. The state of being born again only came up for discussion accidentally, and even Jesus reprimanded Nicodemus for being a teacher of Israel and not knowing biblical basic no-brainer things, such as 'Born Again', 'seeing the kingdom' and 'entering the kingdom'

Abraham, Moses, Nicodemus the disciples the Apostles et cetera were all born again, aka, born from on high, born of the Spirit.

Wike hasn't a Scooby Doo idea. He doesnt know that every believer by default is born again, meaning it is unlikely that a believer is not born again.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Thanks for your analysis. Today, being called a Christian has been underated. A born again Christian is an emphasy on our Christlike nature. If truly we are genuine there should be no difference.
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by IrepChrist: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2022
RuddyFusion:
There's a difference
Being born again means you know the Lord and you're carrying your cross daily to follow HIM....

And a Christian does not know God? Then why are disciples called Christians?
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by cliqtips: 10:59am On Oct 23, 2022
If this is a question to be answered....
Look that lives of those hypocrites called Politicians that goes to church thereby being called xtians.
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Broveens42(m): 10:59am On Oct 23, 2022
Oluwapresley:
Lmao. There shouldn't be. But in the confusion of modern times Christianity, they have made a distinction.

Lol.. there is a distinction actually but the thing is, none of the terminologies concerns us grin

In the literature, 'born again' are just a clique expected to keep the commandments , while Christian was a name approved by CAC grin in Antioch
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by IrepChrist: 11:00am On Oct 23, 2022
OgunkeelAllMod:
Not much... Most so called Christians and Muslims are hypocrite and charlatans, double
standards, unprincipled lots. this, I know for certain. I stopped having anything to do with religion many years ago and never regret doing so.. I'm a free spirit, love and humanity is my religion

If you are not born again, then you are not a Christian. People should stop receiving themselves.
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2022
oteneaaron:

This still doesn't answer my question.
I wasn't talking about the Dark Ages.
You spoke about anointed JWs who are the true Born Again Christians who in your own words "will be transformed immediately they died to go and join their brothers in Heaven"
Is this not the the same teaching as the RAPTURE?
Lol
Willingness to admit mistakes?
Interesting.
How can you simply call false prophecies "mistakes"?
False prophecy #1 - the world will end on 1914
False prophecy #2 - the world will end in 1925
False prophecy #3 - Abraham, Moses and other patriarchs will resurrect in 1929
False prophecy #4 - the world will end in 1975
I can go on and on.
Are these simply just "MISTAKES"?

Misconstrueing ANTICIPATION for PROPHECIES!

What a pity? smiley

My guy, all these are anticipations of God's promises not prophecies, just as faithful people always do! Matthew 11:3; Act 1:6

From time immemorial faithful servants of God have always ANTICIPATE God's promises and it's fulfilments. The mistakes they're making is TEACHINGS that came from pagan sources like HellFire, Immorality of the soul, birthdays and other pagan traditions not their anticipation of God's promises.

For your information it's God Himself who told us to CONTINUE ANTICIPATING His promises! Habakkuk 2:3

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Broveens42(m): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep waiting for that! cheesy
People from all over the earth submissively came under one umbrella, settled all their racial disparities among themselves, diverted their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons and vowed never raise weapons against anyone again {Isaiah 2:2-4} while all others are worried over why people from their religion and nonreligious groups keep killing one another! Revelations 6:3-4

So you expect me to ask stupid questions when someone told me it's due to the presence of the Prince of Peace in the midst of the group performing according to what the scriptures say, shey?

Well according to God's word Jesus is the prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} and he promised to come towards the end of this system of things and when ask to tell the time he only talked about events that will be happening on planet earth! Matthew 24:1-14

So keep waiting for the Bible verse while faithful people are taking note of the events! wink

All this long grammar without showing me where Jesus would come in 1914 ? grin
You can do better
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2022
Broveens42:

All this long grammar without showing me where Jesus would come in 1914 ? grin
You can do better

Keep on asking! Matthew 7:7 smiley

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by IrepChrist: 11:04am On Oct 23, 2022
phemmyfour:

There is still a question of ingenuity for those who draws distinction.
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Sweetvie: 11:04am On Oct 23, 2022
I don't actually see the different
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by IrepChrist: 11:04am On Oct 23, 2022
phemmyfour:

Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Broveens42(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep on asking! Matthew 7:7 smiley

No fear....Write out Mathew 7:7, let's see if 1914 was stated as the year of return grin
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Georgejeez: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2022
Yes , Governor Nyesome Wike
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by phemmyfour: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2022
IrepChrist:

Only unknowledgeable Christians think like that

Christ mentioned the word "born again" in one of his teachings.

Christian means Christ followers i.e those that believe and follows Christ teachings .

QED
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Curious345: 11:14am On Oct 23, 2022
Yes there is a difference
Re: Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by SaLongs1(m): 11:14am On Oct 23, 2022
MindHacker9009:
They are both followers of Caesar Augustus Rome’s Greatest Emperor who was deified to become Jesus Christ, know this know freedom from bondage and start praying to and worshipping God Almighty of the Old Testamemt directly.

11:00
This Caesar who calmed the storms which were raging in every direction
17:51
one of his titles was the princess of peace princess pox which is prince of peace
the aroma as well temples to the divine julius caesar after all he was the son
18:16
of god and julius caesar was the father

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=limDa2wNmKg
All worship is nothing but bs. Stop distinguishing between crap and shit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Culture And The Prospects Of Islam In Eastern Nigeria / Jesus Christ Life: A Fiction Or Fairy Tale? / Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.