Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,669 members, 7,851,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. (2909 Views)

Don’t Worry About ‘japa’, Nigeria Will Train More People — Tinubu / Dear YORUBA'S / Dear Yoruba, Do Not Trust Any Tinubu supporter That Supports Igboho. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by DesChyko: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
Mraphel:
grin
Open your eyes well and see the Igbo reactions outside nairaland and beyond you will notice it that they are not peaceful.

Oh please. Stop with this ignorant take.

If the Igbos are not as peaceful, why do the Agberos not subject the Northern members of the Alaba market to the same extortion racket they've subjected the Igbos to for years?

Tell me that we're not subservient, then you have a point. But peaceful? Like dude, we love nothing than minding our own damn business and doing what we feel is best for our personal interests. We do not take kindly to being forced to take a decision that is not favourable to us. That's about it.
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by socialmediaman: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Get your facts right when you quote me please. Igbos never massively voted for Abiola in 1993 - Abiola only won marginally in Anambra out of then 4 Southeastern states. Election in 1999 was between two Yorubas - Obasanjo of PDP and Olu-Falae of AD. Igbos decided to go with PDP who Obasanjo happened to be the candidate. Igbos have always voted PDP in Presidential elections regardless of the tribe of the candidate so it had nothing to do with Obasanjo being Yoruba. That is more the reason Igbos are angry now and feel PDP have been ungrateful to them which is what is fuelling this new obsession with Obi among Igbos.

Explain this part to me about the 2003 election:

In the 2003 presidential election in which Ojukwu, the famed Igbo leader, vied, the south-east voted tremendously for his rival – Olusegun Obasanjo of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In fact, Ojukwu’s ‘’Igbo party’’, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) could not even win governorship elections in the south-east except in Anambra — the late politician’s native home.

In Anambra, Obasanjo had 466,866 votes which represent 54 percent of the entire count while Ojukwu had 279,378 – 34 percent of the total tally. In Abia, Obasanjo had 386,748 votes (51.7 percent) while Ojukwu had 260,899 votes (34.9 percent). In Ebonyi, Obasanjo had 752,823 votes (94.5 percent) but Ojukwu polled only 20,525 votes (02.6 percent) within the same range as Muhammadu Buhari who had 16,308 votes in the state.

In Enugu, Obasanjo had 897,721 votes (79.7 percent) while Ojukwu had 177,050 votes (15.7 percent). And in Imo, Obasanjo polled 656,861 votes (64.6 percent), but Ojukwu had 281,114 votes (27.7 percent). The late Igbo leader’s second attempt in 2007 was also unsuccessful.

https://www.thecable.ng/in-2003-south-east-voted-for-obasanjo-against-ojukwu-why
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by dyera(m): 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
obembet:

I declare support for peter obi After Osibanjo lose primary, then obi leave PDP, I was part of people that agitating for igbo presidency Twitter. When obi join labour party, I was so excited that we have alternative until I begin to see different hatred towards YORUBA. Am supporting obi then not cos of his performance or what people are saying about him cos I don't believe in politicans and propaganda but I believe it's time for Igbo to rule. They want to turn Igbo to second class citizens which I don't support. No region in Nigeria serve PDP faithfully than Igbo and they still betray igbos. This is reason why I support peter obi. But lately, I begin to see that this people have different agenda, they hate YORUBA generally. U wil hardly see Obidient insult Atiku but once u see YORUBA, they will start insult up-and-down.

So, I think that's how Igbo understand politics, they believe that they can only get ur support when they insult your tribe.

And for those of you that are claiming Yoruba and those of you that changes your name to YORUBA name cos of elections, we know. If you like, change your name to Adekunle support obi, we don't care. Wait till February

You only stated the reason why you started hating Igbos and stopped supporting Peter Obi.

Laslas it still remains that only southerners with hatred for Igbos don't support Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by obembet(f): 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Get your facts right when you quote me please. Igbos never massively voted for Abiola in 1993 - Abiola only won marginally in Anambra out of then 4 Southeastern states. Election in 1999 was between two Yorubas - Obasanjo of PDP and Olu-Falae of AD. Igbos decided to go with PDP who Obasanjo happened to be the candidate. Igbos have always voted PDP in Presidential elections regardless of the tribe of the candidate so it had nothing to do with Obasanjo being Yoruba. That is more the reason Igbos are angry now and feel PDP have been ungrateful to them which is what is fuelling this new obsession with Obi among Igbos.

U talk with facts
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by KGD10: 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
IfyBennyomah:

Forget government and politics how much u get, what and what do u own as business, make talk start now

Will you keep quiet? Go and deliver your uselesssss state! We won't allow Lagos to become Anambra, Enugu or Abia!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by obembet(f): 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nonsense
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by obembet(f): 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
grin
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by shegzbillionz(m): 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by NigeriaIsGreat: 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
socialmediaman:

Explain this part to me about the 2003 election:

In the 2003 presidential election in which Ojukwu, the famed Igbo leader, vied, the south-east voted tremendously for his rival – Olusegun Obasanjo of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In fact, Ojukwu’s ‘’Igbo party’’, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) could not even win governorship elections in the south-east except in Anambra — the late politician’s native home.

In Anambra, Obasanjo had 466,866 votes which represent 54 percent of the entire count while Ojukwu had 279,378 – 34 percent of the total tally. In Abia, Obasanjo had 386,748 votes (51.7 percent) while Ojukwu had 260,899 votes (34.9 percent). In Ebonyi, Obasanjo had 752,823 votes (94.5 percent) but Ojukwu polled only 20,525 votes (02.6 percent) within the same range as Muhammadu Buhari who had 16,308 votes in the state.

In Enugu, Obasanjo had 897,721 votes (79.7 percent) while Ojukwu had 177,050 votes (15.7 percent). And in Imo, Obasanjo polled 656,861 votes (64.6 percent), but Ojukwu had 281,114 votes (27.7 percent). The late Igbo leader’s second attempt in 2007 was also unsuccessful.

https://www.thecable.ng/in-2003-south-east-voted-for-obasanjo-against-ojukwu-why
PDP is igbo, igbo is PDP. South East voted for PDP not OBJ. If someone else is on the ballot they'd still go for such a person

The emergence of Obi is just a plus to Tinubu. PDP will always win the South East in the presidential election. This time around it would be shared amongst PDP and LP which obviously is to the advantage of Tinubu

I put it to you if Obi should step down and support Atiku then PDP is more likely to win despite the internal crisis rocking the party

Even a teen child knows LP will not come close to victory even in miracle
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by shegzbillionz(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2022
Where is KGD10 shey dey have banned you, ur head don calm down,
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by ASAPFERG1: 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
Thunder kill Peter obi and every igbo on earth angry
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by shegzbillionz(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
grin grin grin
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by shegzbillionz(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Easy bro…ur blood dey hot
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by OurSeun(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2022
DadaHammed:

Even me too. Won a lu'le ni February.

Awon oponu ayerada ni gbogbo won. cheesy
E ti fail......
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by Aldol: 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
I was once a PO supporter but the hatred exhibited by ibos to Yorubas made me change my mind....i can't support who hate me with passion.
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by tribalmall: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
That is your problem me I am Igbo n a Christian yet am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu the best man for the job.

When we igbos are serious n ready for Nigeria presidency we will bring Dave Umahi or Obiano that their performance as been outstanding not the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal Peter Obi that was caught red-handed looting state fund using his governors convoy or looting state fund into his daughter's Gabrielle Pandora account.

shegzbillionz:
Note: I’m a yoruba blood and I see no reason why my fellow yoruba man should hate me because I chose to support someone else who I think is more competent than Tinubu.
For me I am not supporting Tinubu for 3 major reasons,
1. APC failed Nigeria
2. Muslim/Muslim ticket( am a Christian)
3. Tinubu is Corrupt and desperate.

Bring me Osibanjo and know if I will talk about Peter OBI again
Re: To My Dear Yoruba People/tinubu Supporters. by sukar886: 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
Mraphel:
grin

Open your eyes well and see the Igbo reactions outside nairaland and beyond you will notice it that they are not peaceful.
Thank God Yoruba stood their ground and checkmate d south easterners excesses before now they would have dominated and suppress Westerners even in the south west.

Ask yourself these questions?

How many Igbos are campaigning against PDP and ATIKU even When LP is in contention? Very few

After obi they want Atiku to be the president certainly.

Why did they disliked Buhari and Tinubu since d time of immemorial? Why them dislike APC? Tell me the time Igbo supported Yoruba candidate?

Come 2023 Peter Obi will come fourth in d election, many people following him now will vote against him.

Peter Obi has never done anything for Yorubas to win a single Yoruba's vote.

People like you are the problem of this country , are u enjoying this country like this , or is it becos of is from Igbo , tribalism is bad, stop it and move on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Hosted By Chicago State University Alumni Ranked No 1 / Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President / There Is No 24hrs Light In Aba. Don't Mind The Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.