Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down (34200 Views)

Aviation Fuel Price Crash Imminent As Dangote Refinery Begins Supply Of Products / New Petrol Price Imminent As Landing Cost Hits ₦180 Per Litre / Blackout Imminent As Kainji Dam Bursts, Nigeria To Lose 760MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by dre11(m): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
There seem not to be respite in the power sector as the National Control Center, NCC Oshogbo responsible for all Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN grid operations monitoring and control within the transmission network yesterday instructed power generation companies to shut down from 12 midnight till now.

LEADERSHIP findings reveal that the directive became necessary following load rejection by Distribution Companies, DisCos. Presently many parts of Lagos suffered outage since yesterday.

Our sources, within the DisCos blamed the outage to declining capacity from GenCos due to gas supply constraints.

While Eko Electricity Distribution Company, EKEDC distanced itself from the situation and declined to comment Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company, IE, spokesman Felix Ofulue could not be immediately reached.
However, Dr. Joy Ogaji, MD/CEO of Association of Power Generation Companies, APGC, told our Correspondent that the DisCos are rejecting load which prompted the NCC directive as generated power is no longer utilised.

LEADERSHIP reports that power sector data suggests that Nigeria has just about 13,000 MW of installed generation capacity, largely dependent on hydropower (water) and thermal (gas) power sources distributed into 12.5 per cent and 87.5 per cent respectively for both sources.

However, of this figure, for years, only 3,500MW to 5,000MW is typically available for onward transmission to the final consumer, with the extensive losses attributable to weak infrastructure and a high occurrence of significant technical and non-technical challenges.

https://leadership.ng/nationwide-darkness-imminent-as-ncc-directs-generation-companies-to-shut-down/

7 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
The 2023 presidential election will reveal the total number of mad people in Nigeria

What type of country is this for the love of God?

See how low the APC government have reduced Nigeria to, every sector of the economy is in total collapse since the inception of the useless man in aso rock and his satanic party the APC

Who did Nigeria and Nigerians offend to deserve this kind of useless APC leaders

239 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by God1000(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
Which way naija? This is retrogression, why do we keep moving backward everyday instead of making headways.

Nigerians are tired, we've reached the end of our tether, I see a violent revolution happening soon if things continue this way.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by kingphilip(m): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
The reason why they don't want to install meter for all and sundry, they want people to continue paying for darkness.

100 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by bigdammyj: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
Noted.
Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by BOOOMNAIJA: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
I believe this issue of national power grid collapse will become a thing of the past once Peter obi becomes president next year.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by RingRoadMafia: 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
Buhari's government will go down in history as the worst of the worst! APC that should be apologizing to Nigerians is still trying to come back, albeit, this time, with a more incompetent and incapacitated hand shouting that "it's his turn"; because the destinies of 200 Million people have become monkey post where people play turn by turn. What a country!

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by edoncast: 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
Imagine the effontery .Threatening us with a brand new darkness when we already have the darkness raised to power 3

Last month ,I had an issue with my wife how she spent 5000 in just two days just to cook soup for 3 of us .This was because I was broke though .

Last week,I passed through agege.So,I decided to get some stuff for soup since I could buy everything on a spot .Imagine,I spent 5000 and the soup could not even last for three days .

One small fish 1300
Tomatoes 500
Ata Rodo 500
Palm oil 500
Onions 100
Grinding 150
Ewedu 100
Rice 500
Beans 500
Garri 500.

It will not be well with Buhari and his cohorts

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by BoboNogoDie: 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
Bastard useless fools

Useless announcement. I never even see light pass 24 hours in the last one week.

Meanwhile,

DID YOU KNOW?

THAT POWER HOLDING HAS INCREASED THEIR TARIFFS BY MORE THAN 100% IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.

₦2000 worth usually gives about 78 kw last year but now, it can only get you about 37 kw units.
YET, FG HAD THE AUDACITY TO ORDER TELECOM OPERATORS TO REVERT THE RECENT 5% INCREASE IN THEIR TARIFFS....
Nigeria has never had it so bad, IT CAN NEVER BE WELL WITH BUHARĪ.

202 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by ipobarethieves: 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
sad Engr ABUBAKAR ALIU sad,One Hausa man is in charge of POWER sad sad.No wonder shocked sad sad,Electricity is upside-down sad. Tufia angry sad

18 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by MrHighSea: 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
f
Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by SouthSouth1914: 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nigeria needs to go back to the days of colonial master system. If we had been there since, we would have solved this unending issue of power.

19 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
I no understand
Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Valuepaints20(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
ok
Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by CAPITALBEE: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
Another shege seen successfully... It's been three days straight here tho cry

6 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Slynation(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
Ahhh abeg oO...we have been enjoying unlimited and interrupted power supply here in the capital city of ______ cheesy I will soon sell my gen because it's becoming useless to me!!

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by ehissi(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/nationwide-darkness-imminent-as-ncc-directs-generation-companies-to-shut-down/

It's flood related......most parts of the South and some parts of the North are under flood!!

Or should electricity be supplied with people's electronics and streets transformers soaked in floodwaters?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Sammy07: 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2022

Well I Dey enjoy maximum light as I Dey speak.

NCC nor lemme curse you ooooo
Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Nanalucky: 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
Top to bottom.... Actived!

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Bigchristo: 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
God1000:
Which way naija? This is retrogression, why do we keep moving backward everyday instead of making headways.

Nigerians are tired, we've reached the end of our tether, I see a violent revolution happening soon if things continue this way.

Some Nigerians aren’t tired, otherwise they won’t be voting for same people to run the country and expect something different to happen, the people who are actually tired of the current situation of Nigeria are Obidient movements who want a complete different sets of people in power not those shouting BAT or Atikulate.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Godada(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Brendaniel: 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
I don't want to believe that there is any government worse than Buhari's APC government in the entire world, you don't need to curse a country if you hate that country.

Just wish them the type of Buhari/APC government - But remember that APC is Tinubu's Legacy

9 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Triangles1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
Very pro active when it comes to switching the light off.

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by potbelly(m): 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
Na wah...
Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by Felabrity: 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
Buhari want finish the economy kpatapkata

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by ashir24910: 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2022
Not bothered, do you know why? I have solar�
Re: Nationwide Darkness Imminent As NCC Directs Generation Companies To Shut Down by EKONGKING: 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2022
Bobo chicago and his urchin gang said he will take over and continue Buhari legacy

Any idiot begging after bobo chicago take over will be on long thing physically .

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Justice Okoro Affirms Tinubu's Victory in 2023 Presidential Election / Osinbajo And Wife Celebrate Valentine In Dubai (Photo) / Precious Chikwendu Speaks On Detention At Access Bank In Ekiti By EFCC Orders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.