Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone (30334 Views)

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2022
[quote author=tecnolad post=117905572]

You'd really love the idea behind the Metaverse. I think you should invest the time in knowing what its about. It'll come with crazy opportunities soon, and only the early adopters will benefit greatly.[/quotel]

Thanks man
Can I contact you on WhatsApp??
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 9:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Auskyd:

Bro no too console yourself, cos iCloud get bypass now. For this same NL they will bypass it and sell it well for you.

Sorry for your loss tho. E dey pain, but if you check your iCloud and you aren't seeing your phone any more, Dem don bypass am. One babe for ikorodu dey use am do Bebehubayy video like this lmao

For iPhone 12 ? I doubt cause I tracked it to ikeja and I learnt a lot there ..some thieves brought an 11 pro with iCloud lock and they were pricing it 30k cause they said they only use the screen , case and camera but either ways Make them thief am... I believe there are consequences to everything
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Olibboy: 10:00am On Oct 27, 2022
immortalcrown:
I never mentioned USB C anywhere in my post. I said Apple USB cable. Read it again. Doesn't iPhone have USB cable?

You people wrongly call cable charger. Many iPhone users in Nigeria combine Apple USB cable and Android charger to charge iPhone. Is it because I didn't say charger head? Okay, that thing you call charger head is what I am talking about. Many Nigerians that own iPhone use Android charge head to charge their iPhones.
Call it Adapter
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Auskyd(m): 10:07am On Oct 27, 2022
Autobot05:

For iPhone 12 ? I doubt cause I tracked it to ikeja and I learnt a lot there ..some thieves brought an 11 pro with iCloud lock and they were pricing it 30k cause they said they only use the screen , case and camera but either ways Make them thief am... I believe there are consequences to everything

Lol 13 pro max sef, Dem dey commot am. Those guys just want to sell and spend the money. Even if they sell it 10k, they made no losses. Remember that.
.all this talk of consequences na for us Nigerians. Bad things will continue to happen and nothing will happen to almost all of those who commit these acts. Just pray nothing happens to you. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Zane2point4(m): 10:29am On Oct 27, 2022
blingxx:

I have friends using x and I've seen YouTube reviews it's get hot within time , not great for gaming apart from camera 8plus battery is more durable
Lies i use same fon,na machine be that,video na 4k,camera na same as 11 pro, u cant go wrong sir
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 10:57am On Oct 27, 2022
Auskyd:

Lol 13 pro max sef, Dem dey commot am. Those guys just want to sell and spend the money. Even if they sell it 10k, they made no losses. Remember that.
.all this talk of consequences na for us Nigerians. Bad things will continue to happen and nothing will happen to almost all of those who commit these acts. Just pray nothing happens to you. That's all.

Tbh going out and coming back safe in this country is like a miracle these days
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Abendroth: 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2022
I'd say that it's definitely not the worst option, and many people still choose iphone for a reason. Various issues happen from time to time, but it can happen with any phone, and you easily solve them with platforms like https://howly.com/smartphones/brand-iphone/, there are many articles that you can find pretty useful.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Elxandre(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2022
blingxx:

Below X .. me wey I wan change to 8plus shouldn't bother again Bcus I've seen to many reviews that 8plus is better than x when it comes to battery life and durability and almost the same spec
8plus and X uses same processor.
Just different cameras and screen.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Auskyd(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
Autobot05:

Tbh going out and coming back safe in this country is like a miracle these days

Very underrated my G. Very.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2022
truthCoder:

You claim there is a lot of ignorance in my post yet you agree with majorly all my positions.

Files are just a small, tiny part of the whole equation.

Bush rat get thigh, Antelope get thigh, e no mean say both thighs na same meat full am.

While you can seamlessly share files on any cloud based system, Apple has launchd at the core of its services and all their operating systems have event listeners built into them from ground up.

Except you design your OSes and hardware yourself, with the ecosystem as an explicit design language, you cannot have that level of integration.

Samsung does not run its OS. It is either running Android or Windows (or linux in some instances).

Windows and Android are like those big shirts that are sold during christmas that can size everyone in the family but fits no one.

Apple hardware and softwares are custom-designed.

This is also why some Androids need 8gb RAM to even breathe while IOS would work perfectly with 2gb.

The reason for an ecosystem is for seamless integration between devices and I'm saying Samsung and Windows have done this so well though not at the level of iOS devices but very much usable. Use Samsung Dex and you'll attest to this.

I don't know any device that needs 8gb ram to "breath". Around 2013/14 high-end phones maxed out at 3/4gb ram. OEMs increased ram as marketing strategies, that's why a Samsung S7 or S8 with 8gb ram will still be very usable today regardless of software updates.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Elxandre(m): 4:20pm On Oct 27, 2022
Autobot05:

I said he should give me insights on these new crypto

As for BTC and the former ones ... it's a no no for now
Plus I never mentioned I wanted to buy
Why is btc a no no boss?
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Akinfolarin9: 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
blingxx:

Below X .. me wey I wan change to 8plus shouldn't bother again Bcus I've seen to many reviews that 8plus is better than x when it comes to battery life and durability and almost the same spec
I was thinking the same since they are equally priced
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2022
Elxandre:

Why is btc a no no boss?

Ask BTC boys ... do it from a distance sha make them no chook you something lol
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by MalbakOscar(m): 11:41am On Oct 28, 2022
Since the exit of the BlackBerry(in its prime) from the mobile device sphere, iPhones are the new best device for business.

Hate it as much as you like but there's no denying the awesomeness and functionality of the iPhone.
From someone who for years condemned the exorbitant amount spent on getting these phones and comparing the specs with other Android phones that share similar features. I've used Nokia, HTC, LG, Tecno, Infinix, Samsung phones. Several of them flagship models.
IPHONE IS WORTH THE HYPE.
Unfortunately most people buy the iPhone as a status upgrade symbol and not for what it can do.

My first venture into iPhone was with the iPhone 6s in 2019, out of curiosity of the whole hype, and my own pocket budget.
For a 2gb RAM phone it out performed the 4gb, 6gb RAM Android phones.
Since then I've used the iPhone 7, 7plus, X, 11, 11pro, 12mini and XR.
My opinion is if you're not using it for work(,i.e, graphics design, video editing, photography, online Vendor, etc) you have no genuine reason buying the iPhone. Especially if you have to save up before you can afford to buy it. There are Android phones that do the same thing you need a phone for.

PS:
I also use an Android device.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by 21savages: 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
Iamthoney:
Something their Android phones can’t give them. As old as iPhone 6 is, it still has more resale value than Itel, Infinix, Samsung, Tecno, of two three years ago
Flex my iPhone6 I bought 25k for almost a year and I still sold it 22k.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Iamthoney(m): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
21savages:
Flex my iPhone6 I bought 25k for almost a year and I still sold it 22k.
Their high end Android phones can’t give them such privilege

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Unbiased1: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2022
truthCoder:

Very true.

Google is wishing it owns an ecosystem like that of Apple, which is one of the reasons for starting the pixel and chrome OS platforms.

I however prefer to give Apple my details than Google.

Google is not building its own google ecosystem rather, it is Samsung that is building its own samsung ecosystem similar to that of Apple. Google has a different approach to this ecosystem debate which is simply a GLOBAL ECOSYSTEM. Google has designed the Android ecosystem to be capable of working with any smart system.
Several tests which have been carried out have shown how the Android ecosystem can perfectly work with most smart systems manufactured by different manufacturers from smart vacuum cleaners to TVs, refrigerators, air conditioners, smart watches, cars, tablets etc. For example, while only Apple's earbud integrates fully into the Apple ecosystem, Sony has built an earbud that easily integrates into the Android ecosystem. Even Microsoft had to launch the Windows 11 OS to support Android 12 and they are promising a new update to support Android 13 making it possible to use Android Apps in your Windows PC.
Apple's ecosystem has some good features but the Android ecosystem has introduced most of its features. You can work on a document using Google docs with your phone and continue with your iPad tablet or Windows PC or Android tablet, the Pixel Buds can quickly connect to your Android device and use Google assistant to quickly translate a foreign language into English or any other popular language inorder to break the language barrier when communicating, if you link your Android phone to a windows PC, you can copy a text on your phone and simply paste it in your PC. Just copy it on Android and press Ctrl V on Windows and it will paste what you copied in your phone etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Kfed4ril(m): 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2022
immortalcrown:
iPhone has value. It is very rugged and durable.

Any day I have enough money to get a Samsung phone and an iPhone, I will get an iPhone. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.

Those who claim iPhone is overhyped are either ignorant of iPhone features or those people are indirectly expressing jealousy for iPhone owners. It is true that most Nigerians who use iPhone choose the brand just to brag, they don't need and cannot utilize up to 60% of iPhone features. Yet they buy iPhones just for show off. But it doesn't mean iPhone is not wonderful.

The only reason I don't have iPhone now is because I don't want iPhone as my only phone and I cannot afford two quality phones now. iPhone is very expensive to acquire and maintain. This is why many iPhone users in Nigeria use Android charger (many of you call it charger head) for their iPhones. grin Some of them can't even buy Apple USB cable (many of you know it as Apple Chord). They always borrow the cable or try to steal the cable. grin Most of those Nigerians can't even afford to pay for Apple music. grin Most of them use Oraimo headphones for the iPhones grin Oraimo is not bad but combining it with iPhone is like using Toyota rim for Benz. grin

I, as a guy that is yet to be rich, don't want iPhone as my only phone because of my environment and what I do with my smart phone. I don't have an Apple laptop for quick and smooth sharing of files between an iPhone and my laptop. My laptop is Windows. Snapdrop for iOS and Android does not work as well as airdrop for iOS and iOS. And I cannot afford to use internet data (subscription) for everything. Otherwise, I would have bought an iPhone and use cloud storage space to share files between my Windows laptop and my iPhone. Also most of the people around me use Windows and Android and I constantly share files with those people. This is why I have been using Samsung for years. I have bought at least 3 different Samsung phones for myself. The last one I got cost almost 300k and I know I can use less than that amount to get a used iPhone 12. If I want iPhone as my only phone, I could have gotten one already.
iPhone 12 less than 300k? Abeg gimme your plug make I buy.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by SolidWind: 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
Kfed4ril:

iPhone 12 less than 300k? Abeg gimme your plug make I buy.
He said, "used" iPhone 12, and it is true. Enter Alaba Lagos to confirm it. He does not mean a new iPhone 12. You guys should learn to read carefully. Used iPhones come in different grades. The grade determines the price. Your argument should be about the grade of the used iPhone 12 that is sold below 300k. As for getting a used iPhone 12 below 300k, the guy said the truth.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Elxandre(m): 4:36am On Nov 03, 2022
hifocus:

Shitty new 256GB phone that hangs. 5 days old. I've not installed apps on it yet o, only snapchat. Taken one or two pics with it. Use it to make & receive calls mainly. I go to my call log, click on the number I want to dial and the shitty phone hangs. I hate the phone so much that I hardly use it. Always in my bag. When I'm in the office,on my desk. At home, anywhere. I'm using my Xperia to type.

Don't like the rigidity of the phone. I'm an Xperia girl. Best android phone ever to use but most people don't know this.
Which experia do you use?
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Elxandre(m): 4:54am On Nov 03, 2022
Auskyd:

Bro no too console yourself, cos iCloud get bypass now. For this same NL they will bypass it and sell it well for you.

Sorry for your loss tho. E dey pain, but if you check your iCloud and you aren't seeing your phone any more, Dem don bypass am. One babe for ikorodu dey use am do Bebehubayy video like this lmao
You be clown! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Sneakytoucher: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I don't use Apple brand chargers for my phone because they are outright shyte. Anker anytime any day. Chargers and cables. More durable and finer. I also sell them as well
Hw much is just d adaptor?
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Sneakytoucher: 8:04am On Nov 03, 2022
chrisdking1:

I use a 12 Pro Max, and it hasn’t hung for a sec.
There has to be something wrong with the device u’ve got.
She's right.. A friend of mine tried opening xender on his and d phone started lagging..
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by airsaylongcome: 8:26am On Nov 03, 2022
Sneakytoucher:
Hw much is just d adaptor?

The one below is ₦8k

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Sneakytoucher: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

The one below is ₦8k
Alright... I'll hit u up later..
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by chrisdking1(m): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
Sneakytoucher:
She's right.. A friend of mine tried opening xender on his and d phone started lagging..

I haven’t experienced any of that before.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Meandmycrew(f): 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card And Flash Drive / Please Recommend A Good Phone Between 60k - 70k Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.