Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone (30371 Views)

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by truthCoder: 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
ben1daEbiri:

There's so much ignorance in your post. I agree the apple ecosystem is good but Samsung and Microsoft also have seamless connection while working with files. I can be working on a file on my Samsung phone and continue with it on any windows laptop and vice versa. Galaxy gears work seamlessly too this same way apple watch work with airpords and all. My point is you shouldn't make it seem like only apple products are capable of these but I must admit the apple ecosystem is very good.

You claim there is a lot of ignorance in my post yet you agree with majorly all my positions.

Files are just a small, tiny part of the whole equation.

Bush rat get thigh, Antelope get thigh, e no mean say both thighs na same meat full am.

While you can seamlessly share files on any cloud based system, Apple has launchd at the core of its services and all their operating systems have event listeners built into them from ground up.

Except you design your OSes and hardware yourself, with the ecosystem as an explicit design language, you cannot have that level of integration.

Samsung does not run its OS. It is either running Android or Windows (or linux in some instances).

Windows and Android are like those big shirts that are sold during christmas that can size everyone in the family but fits no one.

Apple hardware and softwares are custom-designed.

This is also why some Androids need 8gb RAM to even breathe while IOS would work perfectly with 2gb.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Fearyourcreator: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
truthCoder:

Very true.

You can enjoy your device independent of other offerings in the ecosystem.

Each Apple device (except say the Apple Watch) can stand alone to offer the user a valued interaction.

It is just that the beauty shines more, if used together, unlike if we use separate providers.

No other manufacturer offers a similar competition, irrespective of the wannabe mash ups they offer.
Pixel and Samsung has done a good job...

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Fearyourcreator: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Iamthoney:
No you can’t
Case closed
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by truthCoder: 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
gabemuyi:

But 12th gen is a little more powerful than M1 now but apple still has d upper hand in efficiency

Intel was lazy. Imagine Intel processors scoring similar performance metrics year on year and getting hotter and hotter.

Apple gave them a shocker.

Apple has left M1 and is currently selling M2.

I am sure Apple is already working on M3.

Apple has its flaws too but as Hawking said, "Without imperfection, we would not exist"
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by truthCoder: 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
alabo1:

No need for insults. Some of you talk without reasoning. Any android tablet with a keyboard becomes a laptop for general computing purposes. However there are android laptops. I owned two by Lenovo.

The point i made is there is nothing you sated that cant be done on the android ecosystem. You have! The guys to call me pikin for stating facts? Cant you view a different opinion and respond in a mature manner Anyway that is the way with this generation.

You called my post crap and you expect that i would not respond to that? If you shoot, expect to be fired upon.

What you used is possibly a chrome OS device (not Android).

An Android tablet, even with 1 million keyboards is not a laptop.

Android is not designed to handle computing capabilities of a laptop.

If you dont shoot, i wont bite.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by truthCoder: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Pixel and Samsung has done a good job...

Very true.

Google is wishing it owns an ecosystem like that of Apple, which is one of the reasons for starting the pixel and chrome OS platforms.

I however prefer to give Apple my details than Google.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by gabemuyi: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
truthCoder:

Intel was lazy. Imagine Intel processors scoring similar performance metrics year on year and getting hotter and hotter.

Apple gave them a shocker.

Apple has left M1 and is currently selling M2.

I am sure Apple is already working on M3.

Apple has its flaws too but as Hawking said, "Without imperfection, we would not exist"

Nope m2 pro and max is coming next year also ultra. While true that Apple held Intel by the balls the platform is already showing weakness only external PCI expansion is thunderbolt. The M1 ultra is a disaster can not use more than 64gb ram something to do with the design. Thunderbolt is PCI 3 x4 which 4GB/s theoretical but only 2.8gb is revered for data. PC is now pcie 5 which is 64GB/s at X16. Where Tdp is not an issue PC both Intel and Amd are already ahead. Let's no go graphics look at what Nvidia is doing.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Fearyourcreator: 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
truthCoder:

Very true.

Google is wishing it owns an ecosystem like that of Apple, which is one of the reasons for starting the pixel and chrome OS platforms.

I however prefer to give Apple my details than Google.
Am good with the Google or Samsung... Have not owned an apple device before not to talk of the ecosystem... But I read a lot about them ...
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by ruggedtimi(m): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

U are a kid u won't understand,
Samsung started manufacturing phones with 5 ,6 inch screen and higher, iphone started copying it,
Iphone boys were laughing at Samsung for producing phones with upto 5 to 6 inch screen ,later on iphone started copying it,
i have seen u elder...wey probably got his first phone in 2012
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hassanmaye:

And its the only reason why Many buy iPhones iCloud!

I locked it
The thief can only sell the battery , screen and camera
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by chrisdking1(m): 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
hifocus:

Shitty new 256GB phone that hangs. 5 days old. I've not installed apps on it yet o, only snapchat. Taken one or two pics with it. Use it to make & receive calls mainly. I go to my call log, click on the number I want to dial and the shitty phone hangs. I hate the phone so much that I hardly use it. Always in my bag. When I'm in the office,on my desk. At home, anywhere. I'm using my Xperia to type.

Don't like the rigidity of the phone. I'm an Xperia girl. Best android phone ever to use but most people don't know this.

I use a 12 Pro Max, and it hasn’t hung for a sec.
There has to be something wrong with the device u’ve got.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
occfx:

Ha, if I have money now I will acquire more crypto. I just want to buy as many as possible and wait for 2025

Small small sha
Make you nor cry
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Hassanmaye(m): 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
Autobot05:

I locked it
The thief can only sell the battery , screen and camera
Lol
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
IamMobisola:

Samsung phones nko? Aren’t they expensive too? Abi you never see Samsung wey cost over 800k?

I meant expensive phones generally
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
KingTom:

I thought they said it's easy to track even when off.
g

Yeah I did track it to lasuth .. till they probably took it apart cause I locked it already and remotely put a stolen phone warning
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Lol

I was at Ikeha on Monday when sine thieves brought an 11 pro to sell it was iCloud locked
They offered the thieves 30k .. for 11 pro

That was what consoled me ... they lost somehow and I lost
At least they won't be getting 300k from robbing me

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
tecnolad:

To simply explain:

We've had Web 2.0 (e.g Nairaland, etc) and Web3 platforms like OpenSea. The Metaverse is what comes next. The Metaverse is a digital space where people can own super valuable digital assets, like land (yes, land), some special NFT and cryptocurrencies. The Metaverse gives users the ability to interact with these assets, through AR/VR.

Metaverse coins are one that have been built with utilities that that revolve around the Metaverse. Just like how Web3 blew up, these coins might be the next biggest things when the Metaverse blows up.

Thanks bro
I know when mark introduced the idea
But I didn't do any research

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by royalmu: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
Revolution2022:
Showoff
You are the one thinking it’s show off. Change your mindset.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Auskyd(m): 12:23am On Oct 27, 2022
truthCoder:

Your type full beer parlour.

You came into the convo. blasting all guns and attacking, yet left without offering a factual counter.

When you are coming back, please remember to tell us which Laptop runs Android natively and benefits from your fabled ecosystem.

When also coming back, tell us how Google who is the master snooper is honestly protecting your privacy when they are not invading it with their devices.

When also coming back, kindly remember to tell us which platform covers more device integrations for a single sign on than Apple.

Oga with a Samsung device I can do all these things so rest.

There is Samsung Dex.

Watches.

Phones.
Seamlessly connected. With Dex I can do most if not all of my heavy tasks on my laptop. Wireless connection. I can receive mails, starting replying on my phone and continue on my tablet or laptop connected via dex to continue from where I stopped. I can send pictures, render 4k videos, do anything I want at any time.

Connect wirelessly to more than one Samsung device at the same time. This was a feature I enjoyed when I was using an S20+ as my secondary device while I was also using an S21 ultra.

Abi is it notes? Seamless. Start notes here and read them on another Samsung device. Phone or tablet.

See oga don't come and say what you don't know simply because you haven't tested it. Fight for apple as an iSheep and we no go disturb you, but don't come and say android has no ecosystem. Just dey cap dey go.

iPhone, iPhone iPhone, e dey here nothing I dey use am do. After using it to impress babes and collect phone numbers, e don finish. I don't even use it to take pictures, cos it has very rubbish processing of black faces.

Nothing you wan tell me about iPhones or apple I haven't seen before. It's very good, but there isn't a thing it does that android doesn't do. Everybody is copying each other.

Common google chrome will save passwords for me on my email address and I can access those same passwords for any app I want to sign in once I did my first sign-in with my Google account the first time. I literally don't have to sign-in again once my google account is domiciled in my device.

Rest my G. Beer parlor talk but when we reach there, after you order two bottles you go run say you dey lightheaded, meanwhile we Sabi why grin

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Auskyd(m): 12:25am On Oct 27, 2022
Autobot05:

I was at Ikeha on Monday when sine thieves brought an 11 pro to sell it was iCloud locked
They offered the thieves 30k .. for 11 pro

That was what consoled me ... they lost somehow and I lost
At least they won't be getting 300k from robbing me

Bro no too console yourself, cos iCloud get bypass now. For this same NL they will bypass it and sell it well for you.

Sorry for your loss tho. E dey pain, but if you check your iCloud and you aren't seeing your phone any more, Dem don bypass am. One babe for ikorodu dey use am do Bebehubayy video like this lmao
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by tecnolad(m): 12:31am On Oct 27, 2022
Autobot05:

Thanks bro
I know when mark introduced the idea
But I didn't do any research

You'd really love the idea behind the Metaverse. I think you should invest the time in knowing what its about. It'll come with crazy opportunities soon, and only the early adopters will benefit greatly.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by womenareapezz: 2:09am On Oct 27, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

I know people using it ... That's why am surprised... You don see oneplus too around like that...
yeah I once used pixel phone! But the unlocked one.

You have to unlock the phone here in Nigeria before using. And you have to pay for the unlocking or you buy a second hand already unlocked pixel
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by occfx: 4:02am On Oct 27, 2022
Autobot05:

Small small sha
Make you nor cry

The secret of crypto is buy when others are afraid and sell when they are rushing it. I don't know who controls it but that's how it works.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 27, 2022
royalmu:
You are the one thinking it’s show off. Change your mindset.
It's mainly for showoff.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by KingTom(m): 5:45am On Oct 27, 2022
Autobot05:
g

Yeah I did track it to lasuth .. till they probably took it apart cause I locked it already and remotely put a stolen phone warning
Hmmmmm na wa so there's absolutely no need then
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Meloski(m): 6:35am On Oct 27, 2022
Bro, speaking of iphone vs Android am not here to tell you either of them are superior to another no but they have their uniqueness, now here are some big time android flagships phones.
ONEPLUS
GOGGLE PIXEL
SAMSUNG
XIAOMI
REALME
VIVO
MOTOROLA
This phones BRANDS mentioned above gives iPhone a run for their Money �. I mean they give nice user experience great spec's too.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Meloski(m): 6:38am On Oct 27, 2022
Speaking of iphone vs Android am not here to tell you either of them are superior to another no but they have their uniqueness, now here are some big time android flagships phones.
ONEPLUS
GOGGLE PIXEL
SAMSUNG
XIAOMI
REALME
VIVO
MOTOROLA
This phones BRANDS mentioned above gives iPhone a run for their Money �. I mean they give nice user experience great spec's too.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Fearyourcreator: 7:59am On Oct 27, 2022
womenareapezz:
yeah I once used pixel phone! But the unlocked one.

You have to unlock the phone here in Nigeria before using. And you have to pay for the unlocking or you buy a second hand already unlocked pixel
New phones always have international versions ... So am still surprised
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by miketayo(m): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2022
Iamthoney:
Stop giving false tongue to gain advantage. I bought my 11pro max in 2020 and I have taken it under the water for snaps and video making in the pool more than 20 times and before I switched to 13pro max my phone never gave me any problem and as a matter of fact my baby sis is still rocking the phone without any issue

I am telling you what we tested not once.
More than 20 times, you practically live in the pool.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Iamthoney(m): 9:05am On Oct 27, 2022
miketayo:

I am telling you what we tested not once.
More than 20 times, you practically live in the pool.
Oga Una use fake or refurbished iPhone run Una test

I don’t live in the pool, I have a pool in my house and I do go out to swim too
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 9:42am On Oct 27, 2022
KingTom:

Hmmmmm na wa so there's absolutely no need then

I blame poverty sha ... I dunno why someone will wake up @ 7am on a Sunday morning to steal phones and rob people
Nigeria is shit
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 9:43am On Oct 27, 2022
occfx:

The secret of crypto is buy when others are afraid and sell when they are rushing it. I don't know who controls it but that's how it works.

Ok I don hear lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) / How Do I Block An Incoming Call On Nokia Touchlight/mtn Line / Please Recommend A Good Phone Between 60k - 70k Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.