Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone (30322 Views)

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Meandmycrew(f): 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2022
IPhone users please share your experience about the device , does it really worth it?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
Showoff

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by immortalcrown(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2022
iPhone has value. It is very rugged and durable.

Any day I have enough money to get a Samsung phone and an iPhone, I will get an iPhone. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.

Those who claim iPhone is overhyped are either ignorant of iPhone features or those people are indirectly expressing jealousy for iPhone owners. It is true that most Nigerians who use iPhone choose the brand just to brag, they don't need and cannot utilize up to 60% of iPhone features. Yet they buy iPhones just for show off. But it doesn't mean iPhone is not wonderful.

The only reason I don't have iPhone now is because I don't want iPhone as my only phone and I cannot afford two quality phones now. iPhone is very expensive to acquire and maintain. This is why many iPhone users in Nigeria use Android charger (many of you call it charger head) for their iPhones. grin Some of them can't even buy Apple USB cable (many of you know it as Apple Chord). They always borrow the cable or try to steal the cable. grin Most of those Nigerians can't even afford to pay for Apple music. grin Most of them use Oraimo headphones for the iPhones grin Oraimo is not bad but combining it with iPhone is like using Toyota rim for Benz. grin

I, as a guy that is yet to be rich, don't want iPhone as my only phone because of my environment and what I do with my smart phone. I don't have an Apple laptop for quick and smooth sharing of files between an iPhone and my laptop. My laptop is Windows. Snapdrop for iOS and Android does not work as well as airdrop for iOS and iOS. And I cannot afford to use internet data (subscription) for everything. Otherwise, I would have bought an iPhone and use cloud storage space to share files between my Windows laptop and my iPhone. Also most of the people around me use Windows and Android and I constantly share files with those people. This is why I have been using Samsung for years. I have bought at least 3 different Samsung phones for myself. The last one I got cost almost 300k and I know I can use less than that amount to get a used iPhone 12. If I want iPhone as my only phone, I could have gotten one already.

263 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by ngBuild: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2022
immortalcrown:

My favourite brand of phone is Samsung. But I know iPhone is good. Those who claim iPhone is overhyped are either ignorant of iPhone features or those people are indirectly expressing jealousy for iPhone owners. It is true that most Nigerians who use iPhone choose the brand just to brag, they don't need and cannot utilize up to 60% of iPhone features. Yet they buy iPhones just for show off. But it doesn't mean iPhone is not wonderful.

The only reason I don't have iPhone now is because I don't want iPhone as my only phone and I cannot afford two quality phones now. iPhone is very expensive to maintain. This is why many iPhone users in Nigeria use Android charge for their iPhones. grin Most of those Nigerians can't even afford to pay for Apple music. grin

I, as a guy that is yet to be rich, don't want iPhone as my only phone because of my environment and what I do with my smart phone. I don't have Apple laptop for quick and smooth sharing of files between an iPhone and my laptop. My laptop is Windows. Snapdrop for iOS and Android does not work as well as airdrop for iOS and iOS. And I cannot afford to use internet data (subscription) for everything. Otherwise, I would have bought an iPhone and use cloud storage space to share files between my Windows laptop and my iPhone. Also most of the people around me use Windows and Android and I constantly share files with those people. This is why I have been using Samsung for years. I have bought at least 3 different Samsung phones for myself. The last one I got cost almost 300k and I know I can use less than that amount to get a used iPhone 12.

Any day I have enough money to get a Samsung phone and an iPhone, I will get an iPhone.
What an epistle, iPhone has value is the biggest lie of the year, it has value? Na land e be so...

206 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by ngBuild: 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2022
If you want to buy iPhone no problem, iPhones are of good quality and premium built, but ensure you don't buy any model below iphone X, other models are too old and out of trend.
The only reason i like iPhone is the camera. everything other things seems too rigid and limited especially when you are coming from android, if you can consider samsung galaxy A52/A52s, a very nice phone.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by immortalcrown(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
ngBuild:

What an epistle, iPhone has value is the biggest lie of the year, it has value? Na land e be so...
You argue with sentiment. I argue with facts. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by ngBuild: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
immortalcrown:
You argue with sentiment. I argue with facts. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Counter these points with facts
I rather say iphone is a phone with good quality than value, because once you buy it, it becomes a liability and its worth depreciate with time.

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by immortalcrown(m): 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2022
ngBuild:

I rather say iphone is a phone with good quality than value, because once you buy it, it becomes a liability and its worth depreciate with time.
You are just beating around the bush. Is having a good quality not having value?

Okay, define the word, "value" to show that something can have a good quality without having a value.

Talking about depreciation, must something be permanent before it can have value? Having value does not mean being immortal.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Kimiso(m): 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2022
Bro if i had the money I would consider buying the iphone starting from x or XR then buy an Android as a second phone

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Maynman: 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
If you are asking this question, you probably shouldn’t buy it.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by tecnolad(m): 12:11am On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:

My favourite brand of phone is Samsung. But I know iPhone is good. Those who claim iPhone is overhyped are either ignorant of iPhone features or those people are indirectly expressing jealousy for iPhone owners. It is true that most Nigerians who use iPhone choose the brand just to brag, they don't need and cannot utilize up to 60% of iPhone features. Yet they buy iPhones just for show off. But it doesn't mean iPhone is not wonderful.

The only reason I don't have iPhone now is because I don't want iPhone as my only phone and I cannot afford two quality phones now. iPhone is very expensive to acquire and maintain. This is why many iPhone users in Nigeria use Android charge for their iPhones. grin Some of them can't even buy Apple USB cable. They always borrow the cable or try to steal the cable. grin Most of those Nigerians can't even afford to pay for Apple music. grin Most of them use Oraimo headphones for the iPhones grin Oraimo is not bad but combining it with iPhone is like using Toyota rim for Benz. grin

I, as a guy that is yet to be rich, don't want iPhone as my only phone because of my environment and what I do with my smart phone. I don't have an Apple laptop for quick and smooth sharing of files between an iPhone and my laptop. My laptop is Windows. Snapdrop for iOS and Android does not work as well as airdrop for iOS and iOS. And I cannot afford to use internet data (subscription) for everything. Otherwise, I would have bought an iPhone and use cloud storage space to share files between my Windows laptop and my iPhone. Also most of the people around me use Windows and Android and I constantly share files with those people. This is why I have been using Samsung for years. I have bought at least 3 different Samsung phones for myself. The last one I got cost almost 300k and I know I can use less than that amount to get a used iPhone 12. If I want iPhone as my only phone, I could have gotten one already.

Any day I have enough money to get a Samsung phone and an iPhone, I will get an iPhone.

I agree with everything you've said, except for the part where you mentioned that iPhone users are always looking to borrow or steal Android phones USB cords.

iPhones do not use USB C, and Android phones can't use iPhones lightening cable.

I'm wondering how your claim is possible.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 12:33am On Oct 26, 2022
It's all cool until it gets stolen

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by OgaTheTop2: 12:53am On Oct 26, 2022
Meandmycrew:
IPhone users please share your experience about the device , does it really worth it?
In my own experience, for personal use, iPhone is not my thing....for business, iPhone rocks.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by GraceunIimtedd: 1:31am On Oct 26, 2022
Autobot05:
It's all cool until it gets stolen
so 300k go just waka like that? omo e better make i go buy land or use the money on crypto abeg

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by GraceunIimtedd: 1:31am On Oct 26, 2022
OgaTheTop2:
In my own experience, for personal use, iPhone is not my thing....for business, iPhone rocks.
iPhone rocks for what kind of business

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by OgaTheTop2: 1:36am On Oct 26, 2022
smiley
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 1:41am On Oct 26, 2022
GraceunIimtedd:
so 300k go just waka like that?
omo e better make i go buy land or use the money on crypto abeg

My iPhone 12 got stolen on Sunday lol
That's when I realized this ... stay away from crypto at least for now

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by tecnolad(m): 1:49am On Oct 26, 2022
Autobot05:

My iPhone 12 got stolen on Sunday lol
That's when I realized this ... stay away from crypto at least for now

Them no dey tell person. If you've got extra money, you could buy some low MC GameFi and Metaverse coins, like Gala, GMT, GER etc. Right now is the perfect time to get these coins

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 2:00am On Oct 26, 2022
tecnolad:

Them no dey tell person. If you've got extra money, you could buy some low MC GameFi and Metaverse coins, like Gala, GMT, GER etc. Right now is the perfect time to get these coins

Metaverse coins ?
Can you gimme insights on the metaverse stuff please ?

4 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by AgentGoat: 3:50am On Oct 26, 2022
Autobot05:

Metaverse coins ?
Can you gimme insights on the metaverse stuff please ?

Now you want to buy crypto?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by blingxx(m): 4:58am On Oct 26, 2022
ngBuild:
If you want to buy iPhone no problem, iPhones are of good quality and premium built, but ensure you don't buy any model below iphone X, other models are too old and out of trend.
The only reason i like iPhone is the camera. everything other things seems too rigid and limited especially when you are coming from android, if you can consider samsung galaxy A52/A52s, a very nice phone.

Below X .. me wey I wan change to 8plus shouldn't bother again Bcus I've seen to many reviews that 8plus is better than x when it comes to battery life and durability and almost the same spec

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by immortalcrown(m): 5:06am On Oct 26, 2022
tecnolad:

I agree with everything you've said, except for the part where you mentioned that iPhone users are always looking to borrow or steal Android phones USB cords.

iPhones do not use USB C, and Android phones can't use iPhones lightening cable.

I never mentioned USB C anywhere in my post. I said Apple USB cable. Read it again. Doesn't iPhone have USB cable?

You people wrongly call cable charger. Many iPhone users in Nigeria combine Apple USB cable and Android charger to charge iPhone. Is it because I didn't say charger head? Okay, that thing you call charger head is what I am talking about. Many Nigerians that own iPhone use Android charge head to charge their iPhones.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Jeffy1206(m): 5:15am On Oct 26, 2022
tecnolad:

eggzactly! I have never seen android with lightning cable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Autobot05: 5:48am On Oct 26, 2022
AgentGoat:

Now you want to buy crypto?

I said he should give me insights on these new crypto

As for BTC and the former ones ... it's a no no for now
Plus I never mentioned I wanted to buy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by oz4real83(m): 6:50am On Oct 26, 2022
tecnolad:

apart from that, the guy doesn't also know that there are Android phones that are more expensive than iPhones. He\she thinks that the only Android phones are itel, infinix, Tecno and Xaiomi, he forgot that Samsung ultra series are very expensive, Samsung fold series are also very expensive, OnePlus and some many other high-end Android phones are in the market.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by RepoMan007: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2022
@immortalcrown, IPhone is Apple® now and not Samsung.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by RepoMan007: 7:20am On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
I never mentioned USB C anywhere in my post. i said Apple USB cable. Read it again. Doesn't iPhone have USB cable?

You people wrongly call cable charger. Many iPhone users in Nigeria combine Apple USB cable and Android charger to charge iPhone. Is it because I didn't say charger head? Okay, that thing you call charger head is what I am talking about. Many Nigerians that own iPhone use Android charge head to charge their iPhones.
Your ignorance is huge.

10 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by samsegs(m): 8:23am On Oct 26, 2022
Ur choice
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by truthCoder: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2022
Apple sells an ecosystem.

You own an iphone, a MacBook pro, an apple watch, airpods pro and maybe an ipad.

When you own these devices and all connected to the same icloud account, you would understand the beauty of the ecosystem.

Android and Windows PC users will never understand how an ecosystem works until they experience it.

People who say apple devices don’t have value possibly dont know what value means or have no idea about how productivity can be increased if all your devices belong to an ecosystem.

You take a picture on your phone and it is available on your pc. Or you are working on a document on your ipad and it is there on your phone.

Or you are listening to music on your laptop via your airpods, you pick stand up to go outside to buy eggs and the music continues via your Apple Watch to stream into your airpods.

Your messages come to all devices. Then you have full device tracking prevention plus the best privacy any system can offer for free.

Many years ago, before I understood the apple ecosystem, i always yabbed apple too. Until i got my first iphone and I noticed that it was not obtrusive, then i got a MacBook pro and i saw the light. It was a rude awakening.

There is a reason why most prodictive-minded people currently use Apple.

For over 10 years, intel stagnated on processor design, just repolishing same specs, albeit increasing efficiency. Apple left old intel at the car park and went to develop their own silicon and revolutionized the industry with the M1 chip.

Apple is in its own corner. Hate all you want. Nemo dat quod non habet.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Tallesty1(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
You argue with sentiment. I argue with facts. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.
Something is not right here, which samsung? which iphone? if you're talking about their flagships then Huawei will outperform samsung in many if not most camera tests. No point comparing OS since they're both android. Customization is a thing of choice.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by sofiscatedmoron: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2022
Iphone has a nice design,that's all,
Although they have started copying android design

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by immortalcrown(m): 9:47am On Oct 26, 2022
RepoMan007:

Your ignorance is huge.
If you are proud of this your comment, prove my ignorance. If you fail to prove my ignorance, shame on you.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. / Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks / What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.