Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone (30375 Views)

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by RepoMan007: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
If you are proud of this your comment, prove my ignorance. If you fail to prove my ignorance, shame on you.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple® and not under Samsung as you stated in your first post.

Chargers are complex than just claiming android charges fast.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by immortalcrown(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2022
RepoMan007:
iPhone is a trademark of Apple® and not under Samsung as you stated in your first post.

Chargers are complex than just claiming android charges fast.
What exactly is my huge ignorance? Where did I talk about fast charging and where did I say iPhone is under Samsung? Kindly point them out or admit you didn't read my comment well.

9 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by tecnolad(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2022
Autobot05:

Metaverse coins ?
Can you gimme insights on the metaverse stuff please ?

To simply explain:

We've had Web 2.0 (e.g Nairaland, etc) and Web3 platforms like OpenSea. The Metaverse is what comes next. The Metaverse is a digital space where people can own super valuable digital assets, like land (yes, land), some special NFT and cryptocurrencies. The Metaverse gives users the ability to interact with these assets, through AR/VR.

Metaverse coins are one that have been built with utilities that that revolve around the Metaverse. Just like how Web3 blew up, these coins might be the next biggest things when the Metaverse blows up.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by DMTtechnologies: 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
Do what makes you happy... live your life for yourself and not for others. Don displease your self in other to please others. If you can afford it...Fine. Otherwise, stay within ur limit

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Olam09(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
It's a crappy phone get your self a good Samsung phone.. iphone is just a glorified shit.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by victorazy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meandmycrew:
IPhone users please share your experience about the device , does it really worth it?

Gold is meant for those that knows the value.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by tayiwi: 12:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
No it doesn't
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by tedafadar: 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by NLaob: 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by princejones(m): 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Tallesty1:

Something is not right here, which samsung? which iphone? if you're talking about their flagships then Huawei will outperform samsung in many if not most camera tests. No point comparing OS since they're both android. Customization is a thing of choice.
well said
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by miketayo(m): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
You argue with sentiment. I argue with facts. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.

Lolz the day you deep your iphone in water, that's the last time you will enjoy it. You clearly don't know what OS is and Samsung doesn't have the best camera of smart phones.
Lastly you can't really say a gadget has a value, from the moment you unpack it, it has lost a chuck of its value and it goes down from there

11 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Sammy07: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
Samsung all the way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by TechCapon(m): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
OgaTheTop2:
smiley
I just followed you. I dropped a DM, pls respond let's talk business
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by awapp: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
That's the more reason why you should buy into real estate @ Tropicana Estate Phase II for NGN 650,000.00

Tropicana Estate Phase 2 is selling fast! This is the best place to put your money for high ROI.

Located in Ipo/Abara Community

Neighbourhood:

Port Harcourt International Airport

Rivers State University of Abara Etche Campus

Facilities:

100% Dryland

Tabletop land

Good road network

Well Designed Layout

Suitable for investment

Plot size: 465 SQM

1 plot: ₦650,000.00

Payment Plans available

Each plot comes with a free Deed of Conveyance and Survey Plan.

Please call +234802 7848 525 or send an email to digitalhivephc@gmail.com for more details and site inspection.

Price Alert. A plot is now 950,000.00

#Powerofappreciation
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by mariahAngel(f): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
A good android is better.
Iphone is too intrusive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Yes
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by gabemuyi: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
truthCoder:
Apple sells an ecosystem.

You own an iphone, a MacBook pro, an apple watch, airpods pro and maybe an ipad.

When you own these devices and all connected to the same icloud account, you would understand the beauty of the ecosystem.

Android and Windows PC users will never understand how an ecosystem works until they experience it.

People who say apple devices don’t have value possibly dont know what value means or have no idea about how productivity can be increased if all your devices belong to an ecosystem.

You take a picture on your phone and it is available on your pc. Or you are working on a document on your ipad and it is there on your phone.

Or you are listening to music on your laptop via your airpods, you pick stand up to go outside to buy eggs and the music continues via your Apple Watch to stream into your airpods.

Your messages come to all devices. Then you have full device tracking prevention plus the best privacy any system can offer for free.

Many years ago, before I understood the apple ecosystem, i always yabbed apple too. Until i got my first iphone and I noticed that it was not obtrusive, then i got a MacBook pro and i saw the light. It was a rude awakening.

There is a reason why most prodictive-minded people currently use Apple.

For over 10 years, intel stagnated on processor design, just repolishing same specs, albeit increasing efficiency. Apple left old intel at the car park and went to develop their own silicon and revolutionized the industry with the M1 chip.

Apple is in its own corner. Hate all you want. Nemo dat quod non habet.

But 12th gen is a little more powerful than M1 now but apple still has d upper hand in efficiency

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by tuzle(m): 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
If u have the money why not. May own problem is our broke guys away asking for urgent 2k are able to afford iphone. People that their parent are leaving in face me I slap u, u see them using latest iphone.

3 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by airsaylongcome: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
I never mentioned USB C anywhere in my post. I said Apple USB cable. Read it again. Doesn't iPhone have USB cable?

You people wrongly call cable charger. Many iPhone users in Nigeria combine Apple USB cable and Android charger to charge iPhone. Is it because I didn't say charger head? Okay, that thing you call charger head is what I am talking about. Many Nigerians that own iPhone use Android charge head to charge their iPhones.

So I don't get the gripe about "Android charger". A charger is a charger as long as it generates 5v and at least 2.1v. I use a 13P and an after market charger from Anker. Would you know say because I use Anker (which can charge both Android and Apple) that I'm using an "Android charger"?

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by GeneralPula: 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
blingxx:

Below X .. me wey I wan change to 8plus shouldn't bother again Bcus I've seen to many reviews that 8plus is better than x when it comes to battery life and durability and almost the same spec
Don’t mind him..

Even iPhone 6s is good..

Iphone8 is nice..
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Athemisia: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
iPhone has value. It is very rugged and durable.

Any day I have enough money to get a Samsung phone and an iPhone, I will get an iPhone. I am not saying iPhone is the best brand of smart phones. But I know iPhone truly has value. iPhone is the most rugged brand of smart phones. With severely crack screen, it can still work. iPhone 7 and later versions of iPhone are water and dust resistant. Android is more vulnerable to virus and hack. Apart from Samsung, no other brand of phone has OS and camera quality that can challenge iPhone. Counter these points with facts, if you claim iPhone has no value.

Those who claim iPhone is overhyped are either ignorant of iPhone features or those people are indirectly expressing jealousy for iPhone owners. It is true that most Nigerians who use iPhone choose the brand just to brag, they don't need and cannot utilize up to 60% of iPhone features. Yet they buy iPhones just for show off. But it doesn't mean iPhone is not wonderful.

The only reason I don't have iPhone now is because I don't want iPhone as my only phone and I cannot afford two quality phones now. iPhone is very expensive to acquire and maintain. This is why many iPhone users in Nigeria use Android charger (many of you call it charger head) for their iPhones. grin Some of them can't even buy Apple USB cable (many of you know it as Apple Chord). They always borrow the cable or try to steal the cable. grin Most of those Nigerians can't even afford to pay for Apple music. grin Most of them use Oraimo headphones for the iPhones grin Oraimo is not bad but combining it with iPhone is like using Toyota rim for Benz. grin

I, as a guy that is yet to be rich, don't want iPhone as my only phone because of my environment and what I do with my smart phone. I don't have an Apple laptop for quick and smooth sharing of files between an iPhone and my laptop. My laptop is Windows. Snapdrop for iOS and Android does not work as well as airdrop for iOS and iOS. And I cannot afford to use internet data (subscription) for everything. Otherwise, I would have bought an iPhone and use cloud storage space to share files between my Windows laptop and my iPhone. Also most of the people around me use Windows and Android and I constantly share files with those people. This is why I have been using Samsung for years. I have bought at least 3 different Samsung phones for myself. The last one I got cost almost 300k and I know I can use less than that amount to get a used iPhone 12. If I want iPhone as my only phone, I could have gotten one already.
You no get am naim make you dey yarn opata.

Even Americans mocked iPhone 14 camera quality when it was released.
So many tech activities you can do with Android. The tech guys in house know what I'm saying.
I have an iPhone due to peer pressure but I add to back it up with infinix.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by moyosore32: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
iPhone over any kinda android phone for me...
Note I used to be a Samsung fan befor buh... I tell u if my iPhone falls off I pick it back up without worries unless it has gotten extremely bad unlike my days of android once that one drop laidis my mind don dey ASAP
Android as second phone cool for me too sha

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Sammy07: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:
I never mentioned USB C anywhere in my post. I said Apple USB cable. Read it again. Doesn't iPhone have USB cable?

You people wrongly call cable charger. Many iPhone users in Nigeria combine Apple USB cable and Android charger to charge iPhone. Is it because I didn't say charger head? Okay, that thing you call charger head is what I am talking about. Many Nigerians that own iPhone use Android charge head to charge their iPhones.

Lol, you're actually correct.
Many iPhone users, combine iPhone cable charger and Android charger head together

2 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by airsaylongcome: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:

What exactly is my huge ignorance? Where did I talk about fast charging and where did I say iPhone is under Samsung? Kindly point them out or admit you didn't read my comment well.

Your ignorance is referring to a charger as "Android charger". As long as the charger pumps out enough voltage and current, the phone doesn't give a damn whether it was made by Xi Kwan Lee or by Steve Jobs

3 Likes

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by 21savages: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
Iphone has a nice design,that's all,
Although they have started copying android design
forget about design they have second hand Value, no matter wat u’ll still sale it at a nice rate.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by airsaylongcome: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
Sammy07:

Lol, you're actually correct.
Many iPhone users, combine iPhone cable charger and Android charger head together

Abeg clarify. How is an iPhone branded charger different from a Samsung charger? Does the iPhone charger generate it's own electricity? Does it know when the iPhone batter is low and then it plugs itself into the iPhone?
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Ikemba007: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
immortalcrown:

I don't want iPhone as my only phone

Why don't you want iPhone as your only phone? grin
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by Neoteny7: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
ngBuild:

What an epistle, iPhone has value is the biggest lie of the year, it has value? Na land e be so...

Wow what an idiotic comment.

Your mental acuity is so agricultural.
Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by OgaTheTop2: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
TechCapon:
I just followed you. I dropped a DM, pls respond let's talk business
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone by ben1daEbiri(m): 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
truthCoder:
Apple sells an ecosystem.

You own an iphone, a MacBook pro, an apple watch, airpods pro and maybe an ipad.

When you own these devices and all connected to the same icloud account, you would understand the beauty of the ecosystem.

Android and Windows PC users will never understand how an ecosystem works until they experience it.

People who say apple devices don’t have value possibly dont know what value means or have no idea about how productivity can be increased if all your devices belong to an ecosystem.

You take a picture on your phone and it is available on your pc. Or you are working on a document on your ipad and it is there on your phone.

Or you are listening to music on your laptop via your airpods, you pick stand up to go outside to buy eggs and the music continues via your Apple Watch to stream into your airpods.

Your messages come to all devices. Then you have full device tracking prevention plus the best privacy any system can offer for free.

Many years ago, before I understood the apple ecosystem, i always yabbed apple too. Until i got my first iphone and I noticed that it was not obtrusive, then i got a MacBook pro and i saw the light. It was a rude awakening.

There is a reason why most prodictive-minded people currently use Apple.

For over 10 years, intel stagnated on processor design, just repolishing same specs, albeit increasing efficiency. Apple left old intel at the car park and went to develop their own silicon and revolutionized the industry with the M1 chip.

Apple is in its own corner. Hate all you want. Nemo dat quod non habet.

There's so much ignorance in your post. I agree the apple ecosystem is good but Samsung and Microsoft also have seamless connection while working with files. I can be working on a file on my Samsung phone and continue with it on any windows laptop and vice versa. Galaxy gears work seamlessly too this same way apple watch work with airpords and all. My point is you shouldn't make it seem like only apple products are capable of these but I must admit the apple ecosystem is very good.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do I Block An Incoming Call On Nokia Touchlight/mtn Line / Please Recommend A Good Phone Between 60k - 70k Naira? / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.