Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I (2600 Views)

What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 9:36am On Oct 28, 2022
Hello you all!
I'm Fadila. I'm the fifth born in a family of four girls, two boys.

Please I need your help with this. I want to know if there's anyone here who has used tampons and menstrual cups to collect blood during their period. I want to try them. I usually have heavy flow. I'm tired of having to change my pads every two hours because of heavy flow. I always use more than one pack of sanitary pads. Can you imagine, I can't even use four packs of sanitary pads for upto three months.

So, that's why I've decided to try the tampons or menstrual cups. Please, if there's anyone here who has used them, please give me feedback on them. I want to know what to expect when using them. Please, I'll so appreciate your suggestions on this.

And please, if there's any thing I can do or take so as to reduce the flow, I'll really appreciate it if you can tell me.

Thanks.
Sannun ku

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by faithfull18(f): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2022
Where will the cup be placed Women are trying
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Ginaz(f): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2022
Your headline though, got me confused a bit. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2022
faithfull18:
Where will the cup be placed Women are trying
It'll be placed inside to collect the blood. It's then poured out when it's full.

Attached below is a picture of the cup;

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by faithfull18(f): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2022
fadilaMaikiriki:
It'll be placed inside to collect the blood. It's then poured out when it's full.

Attached below is a picture of the cups;
Inside the VJ? Omo, don't let me say what I want to say here.

Like you will insert it and can go about your normal activities

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2022
The tampons

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2022
faithfull18:

Of course, inside. The plastic is soft and rubber-like. You fold it and put inside. Once it's inside, you can then release it. It'll then cover the entrance, and the blood will be going into the cup. Once it's full, you can then remove it, pour out the blood then wash and put back. Simple and cheap!

I haven't used it before. That's why I want to know if there's anyone here that has used it, so that I'll know what to expect when using it.

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 10:01am On Oct 28, 2022
faithfull18:

What is it you wanted to say?

Yes, you'll go about your normal activities, without any disturbance.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Devonelle(f): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2022
As someone who gets heavy flows, tampons doesn’t work well for me.

I haven’t tried menstrual cups though.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 10:08am On Oct 28, 2022
Devonelle:
As someone who gets heavy flows, tampons doesn’t work well for me.

I haven’t tried menstrual cups though.
It doesn't last long or what? I haven't that either.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Devonelle(f): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2022
fadilaMaikiriki:
It doesn't last long or what? I haven't that either.

It doesn’t last for me. It gets soaked and soggy easily, and I end up getting stained.

I think tampons are a good option for persons with light flows

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2022
Devonelle:

It doesn’t last for me. It gets soaked and soggy easily, and I end up getting stained.

Wow! Tampons are out of it then. The cup is better then, I think.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by eyinjuege: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2022
Devonelle:

fadilaMaikiriki:
Wow! Tampons are out of it then. The cup is better then, I think.

If you have a very heavy flow, wear both tampons and a pad. You can change both every 4-6hours instead of 2hourly.
Even the cup will leak once full, same as tampons so you need the extra protection of the pad

5 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Foodqueen(f): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
There are sanitary pads for heavy flow.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
eyinjuege:

If you have a very heavy flow, wear both tampons and a pad. You can change both every 4-6hours instead of 2hourly.
Even the cup will leak once full, same as tampons so you need the extra protection of the pad
I'll try this and see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
Foodqueen:
There are sanitary pads for heavy flow.
Really? Didn't know there are pads specially for heavy flow.

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Chidi2022: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2022
fadilaMaikiriki:
Really? Didn't know there are pads specially for heavy flow.
My dear, go and try baby diaper for heavy flow, then come back and tell me thank you....

3 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Outofnaija: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
A mechanic looking to save his faltering marriage strikes up an unlikely friendship with a shy Vietnamese-American manicurist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkFEfEGF85w

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2022
Tampons don't do jack for people with heavy flow. It stains badly cos once it's soaked, it begins to squeeze out blood when you move causing more stain.

I use it with diaper that I cut and shape like pads and take it out under 30mins before it ruins my sanitaries.

Non of these things work well again. So for the past 6 years now, Iv been using diapers. Just cut out the elastic sides, the top and bottom. Then cut it into two unequal parts. Use the long one when going out and the shorter one at home. No qualms.

To reduce heavy flow, avoid garlic towards your menstrual cycle.

Avoid felvin. One of the major causes of my heavy flow cos I used it to treat cramps.

Take Ibuprofen or levofem for reduced flow. That's what I use these days. I can't wait for menopause, make person rest abeg.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2022
Chidi2022:
My dear, go and try baby diaper for heavy flow, then come back and tell me thank you....
Yes, I've tried diapers before, but it's not as light as normal pad.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Tampons don't do jack for people with heavy flow. It stains badly cos once it's soaked, it begins to squeeze out blood when you move causing more stain.

I use it with diaper that I cut and shape like pads and take it out under 30mins before it ruins my sanitaries.

Non of these things work well again. So for the past 6 years now, Iv been using diapers. Just cut out the elastic sides, the top and bottom. Then cut it into two unequal parts. Use the long one when going out and the shorter one at home. No qualms.

Avoid felvin. One of the major causes of my heavy flow cos I used it to treat cramps.

Take Ibuprofen or levofem for reduced flow. That's what I use these days. I can't wait for menopause, make person rest abeg.
Seriously oo, all these wahala every month. I wish there's a drug one can take to stop menstruation altogether, honestly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
fadilaMaikiriki:
Seriously oo, all these wahala every month. I wish there's a drug one can take to stop menstruation altogether, honestly.

I'm telling you. This month, I was imagining the unthinkable whether to remove my womb cos I'm tired. since the age of 13 up till now. I'm just tired. Huh!
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Foodqueen(f): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

sad
Menopause When you never even born one. Nairaland guys go finish u today.

U be clown cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2022
Foodqueen:

sad
Menopause When you never even born one. Nairaland guys go finish u today.

U be clown cheesy

I don't operate by the law of natural order but of spiritual order. With or without menses, I will still bear children when the time comes.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Chidi2022: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
fadilaMaikiriki:
Yes, I've tried diapers before, but it's not as light as normal pad.
Yea, its not light but its the best..... i buy the one of 10pcs for 600... and i use it for one month, even as a heavy bleeder.... when i was using ladycare, i spend more than that, still i get stained.....
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Beey(f): 4:57am On Oct 29, 2022
fadilaMaikiriki:
Have you ever visited a gynecologist for your heavy flow? How painful are your menstrual cramps? I am asking because I used to suffer from very heavy flow to the point of taking iron tablets because I was anemic. I’d use two pads of always for heavy flow & would change every two hours. I always carried extra clothes in my car incase I got stains. I was so nervous that any time I stood up, I’d ask even strangers to check if my back was okay. By the way, you should be taking iron supplements. You should be checked to rule out endometriosis. Have you heard about it before? As an endo warrior, I encourage ladies to get checked. I had surgery to remove a cyst in my ovary as a result of the heavy menses over the years. To answer your question, depo provera is an injection that stops period flow completely but it has to be taken every 3 months to remain active.That’s what am on. If planning to get pregnant, you just get off of it and give yourself about a year. Talk to the doctor.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by ceeceeuwa: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2022
Chidi2022:
How is the baby diaper used?
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by ceeceeuwa: 6:13am On Oct 29, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

If I am not asking for much, please can you post a picture of an already cut diaper ready for use?It will be well appreciated!
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2022
Beey:
Have you ever visited a gynecologist for your heavy flow? How painful are your menstrual cramps? I am asking because I used to suffer from very heavy flow to the point of taking iron tablets because I was anemic. I’d use two pads of always for heavy flow & would change every two hours. I always carried extra clothes in my car incase I got stains. I was so nervous that any time I stood up, I’d ask even strangers to check if my back was okay. By the way, you should be taking iron supplements. You should be checked to rule out endometriosis. Have you heard about it before? As an endo warrior, I encourage ladies to get checked. I had surgery to remove a cyst in my ovary as a result of the heavy menses over the years. To answer your question, depo provera is an injection that stops period flow completely but it has to be taken every 3 months to remain active.That’s what am on. If planning to get pregnant, you just get off of it and give yourself about a year. Talk to the doctor.
Hmmmm. I learnt a lot from this. Thanks so much. It even seems
as if you're narrating my experience. Before this year runs out, I'll try and check for that endometriosis. The pain I experienced August this year was super terrible. That was the time I wished the strongest I was a man. I felt my womb pulling away from the rest of my organs. It came with severe vomiting. I nearly went unconscious. It was that bad.

Please, that drug you said one can take to stop the period altogether, is there any side effects of the drugs? Like body changes and what to expect. Thank you.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 29, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

If I am not asking for much, please can you post a picture of an already cut diaper ready for use?It will be well appreciated!

I don't have any cut leftovers and I don't cut until I'm ready to use it.

Would have loved to show one here but I'm out of it.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 29, 2022
fadilaMaikiriki:
Hmmmm. I learnt a lot from this. Thanks so much. It even seems
as if you're narrating my experience. Before this year runs out, I'll try and check for that endometriosis. The pain I experienced August this year was super terrible. That was the time I wished the strongest I was a man. I felt my womb pulling away from the rest of my organs. It came with severe vomiting. I nearly went unconscious. It was that bad.

Please, that drug you said one can take to stop the period altogether, is there any side effects of the drugs? Like body changes and what to expect. Thank you.

I've heard about that depo from one of my favorite YouTubers. She took it after giving birth and complained it made her bleed nonstop for months that she had to go to the hospital for another treatment to stop the bleeding. It didn't match her system.

So be careful and make sure it matches your body system before taking anything.

Just do your research on it.
Re: Please, Who Has Used Any Of These In Collecting Blood From Their Visitor? Pics I by fadilaMaikiriki: 8:10am On Oct 29, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

I didn't even know that a diaper can be cut. Is it the light part you'll cut off or where? I mean the part with that sticker.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living With MiL / Photos: Dad Got Daughter Pregnant In Igbeti Oyo State, Incest Victim Gives Birth / 10 Cute Husband and Wife Photos That Made Me Hungry To Marry (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.