Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House (35562 Views)

How Do You Notice That You Are No Longer Welcomed As A Visitor? / What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Steady259(m): 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Share Your Experience; What Annoying Thing Has A Visitor Done In Your House

Well at one point or the other in our lives we have all been delighted to welcome new visitor or stranger into our own home. But some visitors tends to over-stay their welcome by doing bizzare and absurd things that you ultimately regret or you wish you never opened you door to them in the first place.

Let's learn from our experiences, what has a visitor ever done in your home that annoyed you or you find absurd.

Mods please do the needful.

6 Likes

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by ifex370(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Refused to go

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Ahmed0336(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Messed up my restroom. Damn!!! angry

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Steady259(m): 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
I ones offered a supposed friendly neighbour a coke drink being the first time at my place, only for him to verbally reject saying that he was too big a guest for me to be offering him mere coke. I stood in disbelief because I earlier asked him what he would like for him to entertain him with and he said I should bring anything available. I guess because of the standard of my sitting room and looking at how furnished it was, he was obviously expecting Hennessey or something even bigger..... He has not visited ever since

260 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Steady259(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
ifex370:
Refused to go

Possibly because you still on gen for him, I for shaperly go off the generator or remove light switch

BTW how did you discharge him/her

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
My friends new catch went to the kitchen to slice my last yam.

183 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Winneygirl(f): 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Walking upandan and entering everywhere without permission.
Some people dont know that their stay is limited to the living room.
These days, I entertain some people on the verandah. Let them be walking around the compound if they want to exercise.

320 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by ifex370(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Steady259:

Possibly because you still on gen for him, I for shaperly go off the generator or remove light switch

BTW how did you discharge him/her

Gen ke.. I say e no gree go house for life again grin

E carry bag come. From just one weekend to how many months now.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by simabastin: 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
grin
Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Yustash001(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Erediauwa:
My friends new catch went to the kitchen to slice my last yam.
Shebi...she only sliced it ni....She didn't cook it..

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Ningen(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
Changing the channel.

8 Likes

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by FanRong: 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
She visited on Saturday in which she is supposed to go the same day, never knew she planned to come and Live with me.

Mr dear, I had to change it for her the next Friday. we are not married bae.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by mascot87(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
1. She came to visit me on a friendly note.
2. 30 minutes later,she was on a call with someone on the phone and I heard her describing how the person will locate my house sad
3. 1 hour later,a call came in and she ask the person to wait outside that she is coming.
4. She went to pick the person while I was waiting to see who the person is.
5. She came in with a guy with red lips angry
6. We greeted and we kept our cool undecided
7. 20 minutes later, she called me aside and asked if she and her friend could use my room angry
8. It didn't end well for me that day sad

249 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Steady259(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
mascot87:
2. 30 minutes later,she was on a call with someone on the phone and I heard her describing how the person will locate my house sad
3. 1 hour later,a call came in and she ask the person to wait outside that she is coming.
7. 20 minutes later, she called me aside and asked if she and her friend could use my room angry
j

grin grin grin grin grin

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Amanee(f): 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
One of my classmates in the university came to visit and decided to stay...

Every day when I expect her to go home, she'll go home and then come back with new clothes.

I had to call her aside after one week and that's when she told me she was having issues with her roommates and she would like to stay. She never stated her intention from the beginning. I eventually allowed her stay but looking back now, I wish I kicked her out. She turned out to be a snake.

167 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Garrieveryday: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hunger is worst than Ebola and Corona combined.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by bigcee(m): 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Steady259:
I ones offered a supposed friendly neighbour a coke drink being the first time at my place, only for him to verbally reject saying that he was too big a guest for me to be offering him mere coke. I stood in disbelief because I earlier asked him what he would like for him to entertain him with and he said I should bring anything available. I guess because of the standard of my sitting room and looking at how furnished it was, he was obviously expecting Hennessey or something even bigger..... He has not visited ever since
Coke? Na wa 4 u o!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by bigcee(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
mascot87:
Jeeez!

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by veave(f): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hmmm

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by khaffi2(f): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
veave:
This one that says he's my husband friend will come to the house and select what you will give him to eat, even if we are having a meal he can decide its not what he wants. Since covid he's been coming to this house every single day. I mean everyday. Come around 9am and leave around 7pm. The first week of covid I educated him on why people should not entertain guests in their house and why people should not visit anyone, my husband said I was disrespectful that I should allow him to do something bad so he can use his legs to run away. He thinks I have time to be following peace with all men.

What I will do to both of them?

I will call family meeting and ask my husband's parents to come and pay another bride price since its two people I'm marrying. How do you visit someone for 3weeks back to back? How? Omo some parents did not train their children abeg. It's irritating and I've had it up to here... Don't get me wrong food is not a big deal, but cutesy demands that when you go to someone's house, you respect yourself. This one will eat, ask for extra then when he's going if you made a new soup he'll ask you to give him take away. Then still come back 9am the next day. I've never seen this one in all my young life.
Lol. This your own funny sha

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Stacyomolola(f): 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
Steady259:
He's a leech, his kind may not even have good drinking water at home

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by mascot87(m): 7:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stacyomolola:

He's a leech, his kind may not even have good drinking water at home

Happy birthday sweet heart kiss
Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by EmmySparky(m): 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
veave:
This one that says he's my husband friend will come to the house and select what you will give him to eat, even if we are having a meal he can decide its not what he wants. Since covid he's been coming to this house every single day. I mean everyday. Come around 9am and leave around 7pm. The first week of covid I educated him on why people should not entertain guests in their house and why people should not visit anyone, my husband said I was disrespectful that I should allow him to do something bad so he can use his legs to run away. He thinks I have time to be following peace with all men.

I will call family meeting and ask my husband's parents to come and pay another bride price since its two people I'm marrying. How do you visit someone for 3weeks back to back? How? Omo some parents did not train their children abeg. It's irritating and I've had it up to here... Don't get me wrong food is not a big deal, but cutesy demands that when you go to someone's house, you respect yourself. This one will eat, ask for extra then when he's going if you made a new soup he'll ask you to give him take away. Then still come back 9am the next day. I've never seen this one in all my young life.
hahahahahahaha this is so funny

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Alennsar(f): 8:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Well it is my sister in law to be jare.
Naturally I love entertaining visitors in my house but she took that gesture for granted and lost the respect i have been giving her.

She dated my husband brother for more than 2 years before they finally got married but i realized she has no manners and she pack friends for Africa.

She's always coming to my house with different peoples all in the name of friends. The will eat and drink, then leave everything for me to clean after she's gone.

The worst part is that she doesn't bring one person twice and she visit at least three times a week. Unfortunately I changed from a friendly and accommodating somebody.
Since i have stop wasting my money to entertain her, the visitation has reduced too.

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Richy4(m): 8:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
bigcee:

Coke? Na wa 4 u o!

Hahaha. U are really funny. The OP reminded me of my visit to a friend some years ago.. I don't really like visiting. My friends knows that that was my weakness those days and they took me for who I am .. though it comes across like being arrogant and being pompous. But when they discovered I was far from that, they accepted it...

so one of my friends got a new apartment. He kept on nagging that I don't visit people etc. That some spirit in my village prohibited me from going to friends / people's home...

So one Saturday I went to his house. On getting there he asked me if I want to drink tea.. I thought he was joking..I was like since when have I become the queen of England's relative that u were offering me tea.. All this time u have been coming to my place, how many times did I asked if u want to drink tea? Not even in winter I don't. "Abeg go and bring wetin u cook.. We dey live for oyibo land no mean say we don turn to them"..
Based on this thread I guess I was the one that did the annoying thing. smiley

149 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by misreal(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
He came to my house when i was eating.instead of waiting for me to call him to join me, he ran and held my hand, stoped me from eating the food and finished it.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by Lamanii22(f): 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
veave:

As in he would choose the kind of food he wants? As in even if it is beans I cooked he would say he wants rice? God forbid! He better eat that beans or I'd walk him out myself... Nonsense and rubbish!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by HarunaWest(m): 6:51am On Apr 16, 2020
veave:

Does it hurt to be kind to others?
After all he started during this Covid19 ish..For him to always show up, you don't know his challenge don't just conclude.
My elder brother had this same sort of friend back then, always coming to chill with is and all that but upon all, there wasn't a complain. He will sleep over, eat , even demand more et al. Our upbringing, we don't really care everyone is welcomed.
That same friend now is an SSA to the SP.

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by HarunaWest(m): 6:53am On Apr 16, 2020
misreal:
He came to my house when i was eating.instead of waiting for me to call him to join me, he ran and held my hand, stoped me from eating the food and finished it.
That's what I can do mehn...Those are the real people grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by veave(f): 8:09am On Apr 16, 2020
Where.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House by bukatyne(f): 8:38am On Apr 16, 2020
veave:

What does he need the take away for if he is coming back by 9am the next day? grin

Sorry.

38 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“My wife denies me my sexual rights”, husband tells court / Sopha Denise Shares Her Love Story Online - PICS / What's The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done In Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.