Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,411 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:16 AM

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? (40069 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Physically In Church. But Mind Elsewhere - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2007
cgift:

O daughter of zion plentous in grace, thou shalt conceive and bear a name and call it NEPOIS grin grin grin

Blessed art thou amongst brethren! grin Actually, the gentle 'angel' called it "NEPIOS" and I have borne the message well (refer to the appropriate thread). grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by mrpataki(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2007
Wordsmith:

@ mrpataks,

o thou knowest me, sir pataks. It is i, gbade writing words of prose and jest beneath a name given to me.

Where has thy ass been? Thou taketh long leave of this land of naira, a sojourn most prolonged.
grin grin grin grin grin

Thou hast indeed been bequeath with a name far greater than the prisons of nairaland! Rise oh thou gallant warrior of jest.

My apologies for MIA. I finally got my prison break, hoping that I wont get lost now, though I wont be for on this forum24 hours everytime, as I have to be a hero in my class here. wink
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by cgift(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2007
At least i know pilgrim.1 et al have been able to tell them a 'little' of the blasphemies being committed by the Vatican. They are deciving these ones by their duplicity. Afterall, the canonised st. Ligiouri legitimised sin. He is one of the greatest authors approvd by the pope; a man who legitimised sins!

Since they have no example from the scriptures (even from their own epistles not in the conventional bible) approving of honour of Mary, then it must be Idolatory!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2007
cgift:

Since they have no example from the scriptures (even from their own epistles not in the conventional bible) approving of honour of Mary, then it must be Idolatory!

We would wait for them to share with us as to why they think it is not so. wink
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by orobo50cl(m): 1:08am On Sep 27, 2007
@pilgrim and cgift

Shey these 2 animals still de wahala catholics? Wetin be una own sef with catholics? Anytime person check religious boards na so so these 2 goats go just de there dey misyan. Ok catholics don hear una yan, oya come de commot our threads. Na wetin Haba me don tire for these people especially this pilgrim person. So so wahala she go de find and de always find person to de argue with am. Only God knwo wetin una wan achieve.

To go muslim thread, them no fit go misyan, to go anyother christian faith thread, dem no fit go misyan, butwhen dem see catholics, dem go de yan dust anyhow. Abeg make una go sleep find better thing do. If you like yan from morning till thy kingdom come about catholics, pope and mary, e no go change anything. Catholics go still de go their church and nothing you fit do.

The annoying thing be say, the way them de criticize catholics, you go think say na them go first reach heaven meanwhile na their type scatter hell. Winch people angry

Abeg catholics fashi these animals and de talk about catholicism and free these distractions and angels of misyan
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2007
@orobo 50cl,

orobo 50cl:

@pilgrim and cgift

Shey these 2 animals still de wahala catholics? Wetin be una own sef with catholics? Anytime person check religious boards na so so these 2 goats go just de there dey misyan. Ok catholics don hear una yan, oya come de commot our threads. Na wetin Haba me don tire for these people especially this pilgrim person. So so wahala she go de find and de always find person to de argue with am. Only God knwo wetin una wan achieve.

No wahala - may God bless you for whatever you call fellow Christians grin (Matthew 10:24-26).

orobo 50cl:

To go muslim thread, them no fit go misyan, to go anyother christian faith thread, them no fit go misyan, butwhen them see catholics, them go de yan dust anyhow. Abeg make una go sleep find better thing do. If you like yan from morning till thy kingdom come about catholics, pope and mary, e no go change anything. Catholics go still de go their church and nothing you fit do.

At least, pilgrim.1 has engaged Muslims in several discussions; the only thing is she doesn't 'misyan' or use bedevilled language on people. grin

orobo 50cl:

The annoying thing be say, the way them de criticize catholics, you go think say na them go first reach heaven meanwhile na their type scatter hell. Winch people angry

Abeg catholics fashi these animals and de talk about catholicism and free these distractions and angels of misyan

Lol. . . I wonder why anyone who has peace in his or her heart would be disturbed enough to say it is an "annoying thing" to read others' posts. No qualms - my peace is never disturbed, not even when you refer to others with typically 'Catholic' language. grin

Don't get "annoyed" with God's WORD - so here are a few verses for your when 'still de go their church':

Dear Catholics (and Protestants as well), just incase you are still wondering why pilgrim.1 believes in Biblical integrity and has made it her aim to NOT return 'curse for curse', please read what God has said about such issues in His WORD:

#1. As you wish others, you will also reap upon your life:

Psalm 109:17-18
"As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him:
as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment,
so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones."

#2. Using such language on other Christians (people belonging to Christ) reveals your true condition:

Romans 3:14 & 17
"Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness. . .
And the way of peace have they not known"

Matt. 15:18 & 19
"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart;
and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders,
adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies"

Job 20:11-14
"His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.
Though wickedness be sweet in his mouth, though he hide it under his tongue;
Though he spare it, and forsake it not; but keep it still within his mouth:
Yet his meat in his bowels is turned, it is the gall of asps within him."

#3. It is possible to be "religious" and still curse others - again revealing one's true spiritual condition:

Matt. 10:25-26
"It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord.
If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they
call them of his household? Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered,
that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known."

#4. One who truly loves the Lord Jesus and seeks His blessings will be careful how they speak of others:

Matt. 5:44
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you,
do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you,
and persecute you"

1 Pet. 3:9 & 10
"Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing;
knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil,
and his lips that they speak no guile"

There - so if una be Catholic 'Christian' and e no de hard for you to call fellow Christians such bedevilled names because they're 'Protestants', ride on! grin Also, if you be 'Protestant' and you're tempted to address 'Catholics' with such name-calling, please remember that the Lord Jesus is no respecter of persons - He is the Judge: not you, not pilgrim.1 and definitely not the Pope.

May God bless all - including those whose tongues are flavoured with such name-calling. Enjoy. cheesy
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by cgift(m): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2007
qed
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Oby1(f): 9:11am On Oct 04, 2007
Todays Saint 4/10/07

St. Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)

Francis of Assisi was a poor little man who astounded and inspired the Church by taking the gospel literally—not in a narrow fundamentalist sense, but by actually following all that Jesus said and did, joyfully, without limit and without a mite of self-importance.

Serious illness brought the young Francis to see the emptiness of his frolicking life as leader of Assisi's youth. Prayer—lengthy and difficult—led him to a self-emptying like that of Christ, climaxed by embracing a leper he met on the road. It symbolized his complete obedience to what he had heard in prayer: "Francis! Everything you have loved and desired in the flesh it is your duty to despise and hate, if you wish to know my will. And when you have begun this, all that now seems sweet and lovely to you will become intolerable and bitter, but all that you used to avoid will turn itself to great sweetness and exceeding joy."

From the cross in the neglected field-chapel of San Damiano, Christ told him, "Francis, go out and build up my house, for it is nearly falling down." Francis became the totally poor and humble workman.

He must have suspected a deeper meaning to "build up my house." But he would have been content to be for the rest of his life the poor "nothing" man actually putting brick on brick in abandoned chapels. He gave up every material thing he had, piling even his clothes before his earthly father (who was demanding restitution for Francis' "gifts" to the poor) so that he would be totally free to say, "Our Father in heaven." He was, for a time, considered to be a religious "nut," begging from door to door when he could not get money for his work, bringing sadness or disgust to the hearts of his former friends, ridicule from the unthinking.

But genuineness will tell. A few people began to realize that this man was actually trying to be Christian. He really believed what Jesus said: "Announce the kingdom! Possess no gold or silver or copper in your purses, no traveling bag, no sandals, no staff" (see Luke 9:1-3).

Francis' first rule for his followers was a collection of texts from the Gospels. He had no idea of founding an order, but once it began he protected it and accepted all the legal structures needed to support it. His devotion and loyalty to the Church were absolute and highly exemplary at a time when various movements of reform tended to break the Church's unity.

He was torn between a life devoted entirely to prayer and a life of active preaching of the Good News. He decided in favor of the latter, but always returned to solitude when he could. He wanted to be a missionary in Syria or in Africa, but was prevented by shipwreck and illness in both cases. He did try to convert the sultan of Egypt during the Fifth Crusade.

During the last years of his relatively short life (he died at 44) he was half blind and seriously ill. Two years before his death, he received the stigmata, the real and painful wounds of Christ in his hands, feet and side.

On his deathbed, he said over and over again the last addition to his Canticle of the Sun, "Be praised, O Lord, for our Sister Death." He sang Psalm 141, and at the end asked his superior to have his clothes removed when the last hour came and for permission to expire lying naked on the earth, in imitation of his Lord.

"We adore you and we bless you, Lord Jesus Christ, here and in all the churches which are in the whole world, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world" (St. Francis).

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2007
Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)

It was the same Saint Francis of Assisi [commonly known to Catholics as the Patron Saint of Animals and the Environment] who had a reputation for the most confused set of religious ideologies in the history of the Roman Catholic Church. Some of his ideas are now established practices and prayers among Catholics. A classic example is his prayer commonly known as THE CANTICLE OF BROTHER SUN AND SISTER MOON (Francis's Song Of Joy). Among several ideas portrayed in his 'song of joy' are the elements of nature worship. We find the following ideas in the song/prayer just cited:

He calls the Sun 'our Brother'

He calls the the wind 'our Brother'

He calls water 'our Sister'

He calls fire 'our Brother'

He calls earth 'our Mother'

He calls death of the body 'our Sister'

A source example: http://explorefaith.org/prayer/essays/stFrancis.html

Besides praying to Mary, Catholics also pray to dead saints; and there are examples of prayers offered to Saint Francis in unmistakable language that is used in prayer to deity. Ask a Catholic what is the meaning of "invoking" a dead saint, and you're likely to receive more excuses in return, as was the case when they usually at first denied ever praying to Mary. A popular Roman Catholic prayer to Francis is punctuated with this line:

"St. Francis, the little poor man of Assisi, we invoke you as the admirable mirror you were of our divine Master"

A source example: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/4152/francis.htm

It is no wonder then that after his death, Saint Francis has been given several appellations - not by outsiders to the RCC; but by the authorities of the Catholic Church, such as the Popes and the Bishops. One of such is found in the explicit statements of Pope Pius XI, in his Encyclical Letter "Rite Expiatis" (April 13, 1926 A.D.), in which he was reputed to have said:

[list]. . . it seems necessary for Us to affirm that there has never been anyone in whom the image of Jesus Christ and the evangelical manner of life shone forth more lifelike and strikingly than in St. Francis. He who called himself the "Herald of the Great King" was also rightly spoken of as "another Jesus Christ," appearing to his contemporaries and to future generations almost as if he were the Risen Christ. He has always lived as such in the eyes of men and so will continue to live for all future time. Nor is it marvelous that his early biographers, contemporaries of the Saint, in their accounts of his life and works, judged him to be of a nobility almost superior to human nature itself.[/list]

Now, our dear Catholic friends, Saint Francis was "affirmed" by one of your Popes as "another Jesus Christ" - the same Saint Francis whom Catholics today continue to "invoke" in their prayers! grin

May God help us all to see that there is only one Jesus Christ; and if another by any means is referred to as 'another Jesus Christ', beloved be careful! The WORD of God has given us clear pointers on how to know such (2 Cor. 11:3 & 4).

Shalom.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Oby1(f): 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2007
May God, the Father of goodness,
who commanded us to help one another
as brothers and sisters,
bless this thread with his presence
and look kindly on all who enter here. Amen.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 6:43pm On Oct 04, 2007
God, who is the Father of "every good gift and every perfect gift" (James 1:17) desires that we all seek to help one another come to a knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:4). His sure presence is guaranteed to those who desire His WORD in purity without the contravening interpolations of human traditions (Psalm 119:140 - "Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it"wink.

Shalom. smiley
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by cgift(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-83554.0.html.

God is God. ebos, oby1, gozizi, et al. Jesus loves you. Run away from the LovePeddler of revelation.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/666-CHAR.htm#17
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Oby1(f): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2007
Today's Saint 5/10/07

St. Faustina (1905-1938)

St. Mary Faustina's name is forever linked to the annual feast of the Divine Mercy (celebrated on the Second Sunday of Easter), the divine mercy chaplet and the divine mercy prayer recited each day by many people at 3 p.m.

Born in what is now west-central Poland (part of Germany before World War I), Helena was the third of 10 children. After age 16 she worked as a housekeeper in three cities before joining the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy in 1925. She worked as a cook, gardener and porter in three of their houses.

In addition to carrying out her work faithfully, generously serving the needs of the sisters and the local people, she also had a deep interior life. This included receiving revelations from the Lord Jesus, messages that she recorded in her diary at the request of Christ and of her confessors.

At a time when some Catholics had an image of God as such a strict judge that they might be tempted to despair about the possibility of being forgiven, Jesus chose to emphasize his mercy and forgiveness for sins acknowledged and confessed. “I do not want to punish aching mankind,” he once told St. Mary Faustina, “but I desire to heal it, pressing it to my merciful heart” (Diary 1588). The two rays emanating from Christ's heart, she said, represent the blood and water poured out after Jesus' death (Gospel of John 19:34)

Because Sister Mary Faustina knew that the revelations she had already received did not constitute holiness itself, she wrote in her diary: “Neither graces, nor revelations, nor raptures, nor gifts granted to a soul make it perfect, but rather the intimate union of the soul with God. These gifts are merely ornaments of the soul, but constitute neither its essence nor its perfection. My sanctity and perfection consist in the close union of my will with the will of God” (Diary 1107).

Sister Mary Faustina died of tuberculosis in Krakow, Poland, on October 5, 1938. Pope John Paul II beatified her in 1993 and canonized her in 2000.

Four years after Faustina's beatification, Pope John Paul II visited the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy at Lagiewniki (near Krakow) and addressed members of her congregation. He said: “The message of divine mercy has always been very close and precious to me. It is as though history has written it in the tragic experience of World War II. In those difficult years, this message was a particular support and an inexhaustible source of hope, not only for those living in Krakow, but for the entire nation. This was also my personal experience, which I carried with me to the See of Peter and which, in a certain sense, forms the image of this pontificate. I thank divine providence because I was able to contribute personally to carrying out Christ's will, by instituting the feast of Divine Mercy. Here, close to the remains of Blessed Faustina, I thank God for the gift of her beatification. I pray unceasingly that God may have 'mercy on us and on the whole world' (chaplet of Divine Mercy).”

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2007
Saint Mary Faustina Kowalska (1905 - 1938)

It is remarkable to note that St. Mary Faustina (born as Helena Kowalska) was one of the rare saints to be canonized in the RCC whose devotion and prayers were more towards Jesus Christ than towards MARY. Faustina's devotions have led to the establishment of the RCC feast day known as 'Feast of Divine Mercy'. However, one may well wonder that the salvation of souls is made to rest on the chaplet of this ritual, than on the Biblical teaching of a simple trust in the Lord Jesus Christ alone.

It is reported that in the 1930s, Faustina received a message of mercy from Jesus which she was to spread throughout the world; and consequently was made 'the apostle and secretary of God's mercy'. Her mission was to include being a model of how to be merciful to others, and an instrument for reemphasizing God's plan of mercy for the world. Her diary, Divine Mercy in My Soul is now the handbook for the devotion to 'The Divine Mercy'; and the prayers are said thereto using ordinary rosary beads of 'five decades'.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2007
A few remarkable features of the revelations of Faustina

Faustina's revelations were said to be directly from "Jesus Christ", and not from any apparitions of MARY. However, there clearly seem to be conflict of interests betweeen the 'Divine Mercy' (Faustina's) and Secret of Fatima (Lucia's) revelations, as outlined below:

[list][li]Secret of Fatima was reportedly given earlier (1917) than the Divine Mercy revelation (1931). However, while the Fatima revelation came through the apparitions of 'MARY', the Divine Mercy was reportedly directly from 'JESUS' (some reports say He appeared to Faustina).[/li][/list]

[list][li]Contents of the 'revelations'[/li][/list]

[list]The Fatima revelation ("second secret"wink seeks to devote/consecrate men to the Immaculate Heart of MARY; while the Divine Mercy revelation seeks to devote/consecrate men to JESUS. In other words, on the one hand, salvation was to be effected through the "second secret" of Fatima; while on the other hand, the salvation of souls was to be effected through another means - the 'Divine Mercy' revelation of Faustina![/list]

[list]This is how they are contrasted:[/list]

[list][list]According to the official RCC publications of the "second secret of Fatima", we read the following of how 'MARY' in her appearance was dictating to Lucia, that:

"To save them [poor sinners who are on the road to hell],
God wishes to establish in the world devotion to My Immaculate Heart.
If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved
and there will be peace[/list][/list]

Please notice that this 'MARY' seeks to establish world devotion to HER ("My Immaculate Heart"wink! Is this consistent with the Biblical message? Hardly so. And further, is this consistent with the message of Faustina's 'Divine Mercy'?!? Not at all. Let's contrast the above with the contents of Faustina's revelation:

[list][list]According to the RCC official publications of the 'Divine Mercy', the 'Jesus' that had revealed the messages to Faustina said the following amongst other things:

"My daughter, know that My Heart is mercy itself.
From this sea of mercy, graces flow out upon the whole world. . .
I desire that your heart be an abiding place of My mercy.
I desire that this mercy flow out upon the whole world through your heart.
Let no one who approaches you go away without that trust in My mercy
which I so ardently desire for souls. (Diary 1777)"[/list][/list]
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2007
Now, my dear Catholics, which is which?

* Is ankind to be entrusted to "the heart of MARY" who said:
"To save them [poor sinners who are on the road to hell]
God wishes to establish in the world devotion to My Immaculate Heart"

. . . OR:

* Is mankind to be entrusted to the "heart of Jesus" in Faustina's revelation:
"My daughter, know that My Heart is mercy itself.
From this sea of mercy, graces flow out upon the whole world"

. . .OR:

* Is mankind to be entrusted to the "heart of Faustina" according to her diary:
"I desire that this mercy flow out upon the whole world through your heart"?!?

So, which is which? Is it the 'heart of MARY'? Or, the 'heart of JESUS'? Or yet, is it the ''heart of Faustina"?

RCC and her Vatican magic! No wonder una dey fear to trust the WORD of God! grin

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Oby1(f): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2007
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion -inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and
increase your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor
become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your
holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2007
Saint Mary Faustina Kowalska (1905 - 1938)

Since Faustina's novena prayers are traditionally made around 3.pm in their seasons to indicate a religious reminder of the Hour of Christ's Passion, perhaps it is not too late to strike another feature of St. Faustina's 'revelations' on the clock! If the hour's past 3 O'clock in your locality, don't be alarmed. Afterall, back or front, another 3 O'clock will light upon you!

Hello dear Catholics. This is pilgrim.1 again, reporting live from outside the Vatican magic! grin

Let's take a few moments and recap on the religious criss-crosses of Faustina's 'revelations' and see if they match with the revealed WORD, the Bible. It is imperative that as Christians, we find clear pointers for our salvation in the Holy Scriptures. Afterall, we don't want to be 'tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine' being pandered to deceive believers (Eph.4:14).

Certainly, Faustina Kowalska did not start out imagining herself to deliberately go out to deceive anyone. Since she is declared by the RCC to be 'the apostle of God's mercy', it all the more becomes imperative that we carefully examine her 'devotions'. Rather than swallow everything in her "Diary" as coming from the Christ of God, we are asked to discern matters and test them whether such things actually bear the stamp of the Spirit of God (1 John 4:1).

At the end of the day, could we honestly say that Faustina's Diary harmonizes with the revealed WORD; or we yet have to come to a different and contrasting inference?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2007
Why the RCC venerates St. Faustina

Among the many things that one finds in the Diary of St. Faustina (aka "Divine Mercy in My Soul", over 600 pages), it carries the language of self-authentication as if actually revealed by Christ Himself. Such allusions are clearly stated many times, especially in language involving direct references of communication as if 'Jesus' was directly speaking to St. Faustina. For example, she records that 'Jesus' Himself personally referred to her as:

"Apostle of My mercy"

"Secretary of My mercy"

"Secretary of My most profound mystery"

"My daughter"

"My Spouse"

. . .and "My loving host"

. . .among several others. Further, we are made to feel as though 'Christ' personally commissioned her with the 'revelations' in her Diary:

[list]"Secretary of My most profound mystery, know that yours is an exclusive intimacy with Me. Your task is to write down everything that I make known to you about My mercy, for the benefit of those who by reading these things will be comforted in their souls and will have the courage to approach Me. I therefore want you to devote all your free moments to writing".[Diary 1693][/list]

[list]"Apostle of My mercy, proclaim to the whole world My unfathomable mercy. Do not be discouraged by the difficulties you encounter in proclaiming My mercy. These difficulties that affect you so painfully are needed for your sanctification and as evidence that this work is Mine. My daughter, be diligent in writing down every sentence I tell you concerning My mercy, because this is meant for a great number of souls who will profit from it." [Diary 1142][/list]

From these instances the RCC would easily have imagined that Fautina's Diary was a 'true' revelation from Jesus Christ Himself. Afterall, who would want to doubt the "Apostle" and "Secretary" of profound mystery? It would be of little consequence that the message itself in the Diary contradicts the Bible - as long as the contradictions have been pronounced as "evidence that this work is MINE"! grin

In the pages following, let's review the "EVIDENCE".
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2007
St. Faustina's Diary - "Revelations" from Jesus Christ?

But who is this 'Jesus' who is reported to have "appeared" to Helena Kowalska with several 'messages' to spread throughout the world? The reason for doing so at all is because the very WORD of God urges us to be particularly watchful that we're not carried along by people who preach or present "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:3-4). We live especially in such times when the manifestations of many 'Christs' with signs and wonders would be urged upon the very elect to deceive them (Mark 13:22). Shall we not then be confident enough to examine these matters and safeguard ourselves from clever deceptions of which we have been warned?

Who then is this 'Jesus' that is the subject of Faustina's Diary? We can identify this personage through the contents of what was revealed to her.

A. On what Day is Forgiveness of Sins Granted?

Faustina's Diary:

"Whoever approaches the Fountain of Life on this day
will be granted complete forgiveness of sins and punishment"
(Diary 300)

"On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open.
I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who
approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to
Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete
forgiveness of sins and punishment" (Diary 699)

Comments: Does it then mean that if anyone comes to the Lord Jesus Christ on any other day, they would not find "complete forgiveness of sins and punishment"? Why would forgiveness of sins have to be on a special day - "this day" [i.e., 'the Second Sunday after Easter']?

On the contrary, the Bible clearly shows us that anyone who comes to the Lord Jesus Christ on any day at all will find complete forgiveness of sins. Let's see a few of these:

The BIBLE:

[list][li]"For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, NOW IS THE DAY of salvation" (2 Cor. 6:2)[/li][/list]

[list][li]"But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, TODAY if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness" (Heb. 3:6-8.)[/li][/list]

Complete forgiveness of sins is granted to the repentant the very day such a person receives the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour. To predicate the grace of complete forgiveness of sins on Faustina's "this day" [i.e., 'the Second Sunday after Easter'] is to detract from the full revelation that God delights to pour out His love on people every single day of the year!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2007
B. Faustina's "Jesus" Contradicting Himself?

Perusing the over 600 pages of Faustina's Diary presents us with a huge question: Is the "Jesus" of St. Faustina so delighted with contradicting himself? Not to mention the over-emphases of Faustina's self-praise and false humility that peppers the Diary of the "Secretary of My most profound mystery". Reading this volume of what the RCC terms a 'mystic' work simply leaves the enquirer slaving on endless repetitions of the uncertainties and doubts of Faustina's spirituality!

Let's sample a few of these.

[list][li]Faustina's "Jesus" speaks through her confessors and at the same time they contradict His commands:[/li][/list]

[list]". . .At first, I did not realize this, but when I was making my Holy Hour I saw the Lord Jesus as He appears in the Image, and He told me that I must repeat to my confessor and my superiors everything He says to me or asks of me, and do only what you receive permission to do. And He gave me to know how displeased He was with persons who are self-willed, and I recognized that I was one of these. . ." [Diary 560]

"Thursday. During the evening adoration, I saw Jesus scourged and tortured. He said to me, My daughter, I desire that even in the smallest things, you rely on your confessor. Your greatest sacrifices do not please Me if you practice them without the confessor's permission; on the other hand, the smallest sacrifice finds great value in My eyes, if it is done with his permission. . ." [Diary 639]

"+ Jesus, I have noticed that You seem to be less concerned with me. Yes, My child, I am replacing Myself with your spiritual director [Father Andrasz]. He is taking care of you according to My will. Respect his every word as My own. He is the veil behind which I am hiding. Your director and I are one; his words are My words." [Diary 1308][/list]

[list]Inspite of all these flowery assurances, poor Faustina came back with a profound apology for the contradiction:

"Then I saw the Lord Jesus, as He is represented in the image, and He said to me, Tell the confessor that this work is Mine and that I am using you as a lowly instrument. And I said, "Jesus, I can no longer do anything You command me to do, because my confessor has told me that all this is an illusion, and that I am not allowed to obey any of Your commands. I will do nothing that You will tell me to do now. I am sorry, my Lord, but I am not allowed to do anything, and I must obey my confessor" [Diary 645][/list]

Here's the deal:

* Faustina's "Jesus" and her 'director' are ONE ["his words are MY words" - D. 1308]
* However, Faustina's confessor told her it's all an illusion and she could not obey him!

The nectar of contradiction is indeed sweet to candidates of deception. grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2007
C. Further Contradictions in Faustina's "Jesus"?

It just seems as though St. Faustina's "Jesus" often had a clash of interests between himself and other deities worshipped and venerated in the RCC. For instance, on a few occasions he 'revealed' to Faustina that she was to model her life after that of 'Jesus' from his birth to death; whareas, MARY shows up later and demands the same thing of Faustina that she model her life after Mary's!

[list][li]"June 30, 1935. At the very beginning of Holy Mass on the following day, I saw Jesus in all His unspeakable beauty. He said to me that He desired that such a Congregation be founded as soon as possible, and you shall live in it together with your companions. My Spirit shall be the rule of your life. Your life is to be modeled on Mine, from the crib to My death on the Cross. . ." [Diary 438][/li][/list]

[list]". . . and He said to me, This is how you and your companions are going to be clothed. My life from birth to death on the Cross will be the rule for you. Fix your eyes upon Me and live according to what you see. I desire that you penetrate into My spirit more deeply and understand that I am meek and humble of heart." [Diary 526][/list]

[list]But Mary appears later and stated a contrary claim:[/list]

[list][li]"In the evening, when I was praying, the Mother of God told me, Your lives must be like Mine: quiet and hidden, in unceasing union with God, pleading for humanity and preparing the world for the second coming of God." [Diary 625]
[/li][/list]

[list][li]It may interest a few readers to check out some of the "mysteries" and the visions that St. Faustina had:[/li][/list]

[list]"+Once when I went outside the convent to go to confession [St. Michael's Church], I chanced upon my confessor [Father Sopocko] saying Mass just then. After a while I saw the Child Jesus on the altar, joyfully and playfully holding out His hands to him. But a moment later the priest took the beautiful Child into his hands, broke Him up and ate Him alive. At the first instant I felt a dislike for the priest for having done this to Jesus, but I was immediately enlightened in the matter and understood that this priest was very pleasing to God." [Diary, 312][/list]
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2007
[list][li]Has Christ accomplished the sacrifice for sins; or do sinners do so by themselves?[/li][/list]

[list]Faustina's "Jesus" believes that sinners could make their own sacrifice for sins - despite the fact that the Bible teaches us that the Son of God had offered the perfect sacrifice for every sinner![/list]

[list]"October 1, 1937. Daughter, I need sacrifice lovingly accomplished, because that alone has meaning for Me. Enormous indeed are the debts of the world which are due to Me; pure souls can pay them by their sacrifice, exercising mercy in spirit." [Diary 1316][/list]

What does the Bible rather teach about the sacrifice for our sins? Here:

[list]"And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour" [Eph. 5:2]
"But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God" [Heb. 10:12][/list]

If this is the clear testimony of God's WORD - that the true Christ of God has offered "one sacrifice for sins forever", then who is the "Jesus" of Fastina's revelations that was asking: "I need sacrifice lovingly accomplished. . . pure souls can pay them by their sacrifice"?!?

Beloved, we have been bought once and for all by the precious Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ (Rev. 5:9). The Biblical Christ really does NOT need any soul to "pay" for anything "by their sacrifice" - and the one who is asking anybody to do so is actually detracting and defaming the perfect sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2007
The Need for Spiritual Discernment

There may be several things that people find "attractive" in St. Faustina's Diary. For example, the desire for souls to be 'saved'; that prayer be made for all; that God's mercy be revealed to humanity; and the 'complete' forgiveness of sins.

However, though all these things may sound so very nice and 'Christian', let's also remember that the enemy sometimes tries to decieve the people of God by mentioning these very things. It is not a new phenomenon to understand this point; for at the very onset, it was Satan who quoted the WORD of God concerning "divine safety" to Jesus: "For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee " (Luke 4:10). Also in Acts 16 we find a contrary spirit pretending to be in agreement with the things of God and declaring: "These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation" (vs. 17).

Friends, let's be watchful and not be candidates of deception. Clearly, as has been demonstrated, Faustina's Diary presents a message which sound like 'Christianity'; but in reality it is just another Vatican fallacy to beleaguer souls who may take them at surface value as coming from God.

Our safety is in the infallible WORD of God inspired by the Holy Spirit; and we must come to terms with the fact that Faustina's 'Diary' does not carry any weight of conviction as 'Scripture'. That which the Spirit of God reveals is clear, solid, and consistent. Any other writ claiming to have been revealed by 'God' must be consistent with His WORD. Failing to do so is clear proof that a different spirit is in operation. The old prophet said: "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).

Shalom. smiley
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by locoman(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2007
-[ Baal is The "Catholic" God ]-
DOCTRINES OF THE PAGAN SUN GODS
DOCTRINES OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

1. The nativity of the Sun, the birth of Tammuz Dec. 25

The nativity of Jesus, or "Christmas" is held on December 25

2. The Midsummer festival of the Pagan was held on June 24 of each year

The Nativity of St. John is held every year on June 24

3. The assumption of Semiramus who became the mother godess of all Pagans

The assumption of Mary, who became the mother of God to all Catholics

4. The mother goddess was given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven. Jer. 7:18

The Virgin Mary is given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven by all Catholics.

4.a "Queen of Heaven" is wrath subduer of the Pagan god

Mary, "Queen of Heaven" subdues the wrath of Christ and His Father against sinners.

5. Cakes decorated to the goddess with a "+" drawn on it. Jer. 44:17,19

Hot cross buns are backed for Mary in most Roman Catholic churches

6. 40 days fasting before Easter for Tammuz, Ezek. 8:14

Catholics fast 40 days (Lent) before Easter

7. Sexual festival of Easter. Ezek 8:16

The Roman Catholic church initiated the sexual festival of Easter first in Christiandom

7a. Gathering at sunrise for worship Catholic church started Easter sunrise services first in Christiandom

8. The resurrection of Tammuz on Easter, and the procession of graven images during Easter holy week

All Roman Catholic churches parade partake in processions of graven images of Jesus, Mary, and Peter, and of the saints during Easter week

9. Veneration of graven images of Baal, Ishtar, Tammuz and lesser gods in the heavens

All Roman Catholic churches venerate graven images of Jesus, Mary, Peter, and of the "lesser" saints in the heavens

10. The belief of the constant immortality of the soul, and burning place of eternal torment

Rome teaches the belief of immortality of the soul and a burning place of eternal torment

11. Pagans believed in the doctrine of purgatory

Rome teaches the doctrine of purgatory

12. The belief of the dead visiting the living on a certain day each year. A feast is then held for all the dead on first day of November. (Called all souls day)

Rome teaches they must hold a festival for the dead on all souls day held Nov. 2, and all saints day held Nov. 1 of each year

13. Burning incense and candles Jer 11:17; Ezek 8:11

Rome, as well as every Satanic church burns incense and candles in their "masses"

14. Chants and repetitive prayers. Beaded prayer chains.

Rome as well as Satanists use chants and the beaded prayer chains. (Rome calls the chant "Gregorian chant" and the beaded chained "Rosary"wink

15. Symbol of the cross as symbol of Sun worship. Mesopotamian cylinder seals of old have been found that depicted the "cross in the sky" as a symbol of sun worship. Ancient carvings of an Assyrian kings have also had huge crosses carved on their chest. The oldest pictures in the world from Mesopotamia has text with is explaining the "cross" in the sky as the symbol for the sun. This particular archeological find is on display at the University Museum in Philadelphia PA.

The Roman Catholic church displays a plus sign "+" cross symbol not only on the walls, paintings, windows, and roofs of their churches. Their priests also have these crosses on their clothing. Many other churches also use them and even place them inside a circle as a double symbol of Baal. The crucifix itself is an elongated version of the cross of Baal as well. Pagan Rome of old offered human sacrifices to Baal on these crosses as well.

16. Pagans wear amulets and idols to scare away evil spirits

Roman Catholicism teaches the wearing of crucifixes and medals as a method of protection. The scapular is proof of that fact.

17. The round disk "sun" wafer with the IHS symbol for Isis, Horus & Seb, was eaten as food for the soul and worshipped as Baal incarnate

The Roman Catholic Eucharist / wafer also has the IHS carvings on it for Isis, Horus, and Seb. And it is also given as food for the soul, and is worshipped as god incarnate.

18. Pagan's would paint the child Tammuz and his mother Semiramus with the glory of the Sun around their heads

Rome paints the child Jesus and his mother Mary with halos of the Sun around their heads

19. Pagan's performed infant baptism, and the sprinkling of holy water

Rome practices infant baptism, as well as the sprinkling of holy water

20. Pagans taught Necromancy (Talking to the dead)

Rome teaches Mysticism (Novenas/prayers to the dead)

21. The first day of the week kept sacred to honor the Persian sun god Mithra. The name of the day was changed to "SUN"day

Rome admitted they changed the Sabbath from day 7 to day one in honor of "SUN"day

22. The title Pontifex Maximus was given to the chief head of the pagan Babylonian system of idolatry

The title Pontifex Maximus is the main title of the Popes of Rome

23. Pagan gods (Janus and Cybele) were believed to be holders of the keys to Heaven and Hell

The pope claims to have the keys of Peter within his clutches

24. The highest Pagan priest kings was carried on a throne to the to the Temple of his god in special ceremony

The Pope is carried on a portable throne to the Basilica of St. Peter (Sedia Gestoria) in special ceremony

25. The Pagan high priest king is believed to be the incarnate of the Sun god

The Pope proclaims to be Jesus Christ in the flesh on Earth

26. Pagan are taught to perform offerings of "good works" to appease the gods

Catholics are required to do penance, purchase indulgences, and perform many good works to gain salvation

27. Pagans had special houses for the virgin priestesses to be employed at Pagan temples. Some of these women were used as prostitutes for the heterosexual priests

The Roman Catholic church has Nuns

28. Pagan often had human sacrifices burned by fire as an offering to appease the sun god

Many millions of opposers of Roman Catholic doctrines were burned at the stake

29. Pagans believed that gold was the flesh of the "Sungod" and would fill their temples of worship with as much as possible

The Vatican is literally drenched in gold throughout, as are numerous cathedrals the world over

30. Pagans often placed stone carving of Gargoils upon their roofs as a pagan god of protection

The Vatican as well as thousands of Catholic churches across the globe have gargoils on their roofs

31. Phallic symbol of the male sex organ were placed on the roofs, or in courtyards of pagan temples

The Vatican has the largest phallic symbol in the middle of St Peter's square. Plus all Roman Catholic churches have them on their roofs. Today, we call them steeples.

32. The Solar wheel is a symbol for Baal and was given reverence by the Pagans of old. This wheel can be found carved into ancient as well as modern Buddhist temples and carved into ancient ornamental form representing Osiris.
St Peter's square has largest solar wheel on the planet. ALL Catholic churches have numerous solar wheels in stain glass windows as well as many other areas of the church. Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris sports a very huge one on it's face.

There is a great one in ceiling as well as the floor tiles of the monastery of St. Ignatius Loyola in Spain. Numerous paintings, statues, ornaments, and letterheads of all Catholic churches have one or more "solar wheels" depicted upon them. And the ONE WORLD CHURCH that started on June 26, 2000 uses the solar wheel as its official logo on their letterhead

33. Archeologists have found numerous carvings of the serpent on Pagan Rome bath houses

The symbol of serpent can also be found on numerous Catholic churches in door handles, Papal crests, etc.

34. Pagans have depicted "Atlas" as carrying the universe on his shoulders. They would place a large globe upon his shoulders.

Numerous Popes have been depicted in paintings in the exact same manner. There are also some paintings and statues of Mary doing same

35. Pagans used the symbols of the "Unicorn, Peacock, and Phoenix" to signify some of their sun gods

Symbols of the "Unicorn, Peacock, and Phoenix" used to symbolize the "communion" of Christ are found carved in gold in many churches on doors or chapels as well as the small sanctuary buildings housing the Eucharist or wafer god of Rome

36. Crescent moon used to signify moon goddess "Nanna" was depicted in numerous paintings, etchings, carvings and statues. It was also used to cradle the sun god in wafer form before the people for worship

The crescent is also used to cradle Eucharist in the Monstrance of the Roman Catholic church, and is paraded before the people for worship. It is also seen in countless paintings, etchings, carvings, and sculptures

37. The three letters "S.F.S" within a small blaze was used to represent the universal mystery for the number "6" in the Pagan mysteries

S.F.S in a small blaze is boldly carved into the Vatican Monstrance for all to see in the Vatican museum as well as many monstrance's in churches the world over

38. Alternating rays of the sun burst used to represent unity of "man and woman" common in all aspects of Paganism. (Curved ray = female "yonic" Straight ray = male "phallic"wink

The monstrance of Catholicism, as well as many paintings and sculptures all depict same rays of both the "phallic and yonic" symbol can be found literally all over the Roman Catholic churches.

39. Carvings of "nature spirits" (fauns or satyrs) depicting a horned, hoofed-god were a common feature in all Pagan churches

Carvings of "nature spirits" (fauns or satyrs) depicting a horned, hoofed-god are found all over the Treasury of the Vatican beneath St Peters square as well as many Cathedrals around the world

40. The statues of a "Madonna" can be found in all Pagan churches as well as the Egyptian Madonna, Isis, with her son Horus, or Hindu churches with Divaki and her son Krishna

Mary is found in all Catholic churches holding baby Jesus wearing the same clothing, as well as Jesus making the same hand signals

41. The statue of Zeus holds symbol of thunder and a lightening bolt Pagans taught symbolised his position as a god.

Mary has been depicted in many statues in same manner all throughout the Vatican as well as many churches

42. Pagans have demi-gods holding crooked diving staffs that represent the serpent as well as the lightening bolt

The Pope himself carries the exact same staff today. (serpent crosiers) He is photographed often with it as well

43. In Pagan Rome you would find, Adad, Enlil, Baal, Neptune, Poseidon and other "gods" of storm and sea being depicted as carrying tridents in their hands

Crosses as well as statues of Jesus and Mary in Cathedrals all over the world carved with tridents on them. There is even a gold statue of baby Jesus in the Vatican with three tridents coming out of his head. All three tridents also depict the phallic and yonic symbolism as well in that statue. They even curved the forks to make that fact known.

44. Hand gestures in the form of a trident can be found depicted in Pagan gods such as Jupiter, Buddah, Appollo, and Hindu diety's as well. They are called "votive hands" in pagan temples

Statue of St. Peter (Originally the old Jupiter statue of Rome) as well as millions of other statues, paintings, photos, and videos of everyone from Jesus and Mary to priests, cardinals,bishops, all the Popes, Vatican guards, and even lay people themselves in the Catholic church can be seen holding up the three finger trident salute of pagan Rome. (Now called the salute to the Trinity)

45. Pine cones used to represent the deity of a solar god Osiris, Bacchus, Dionysus, as well as Mexican gods, Hindu gods, and Assyrian gods can be found all throughout Pagan Rome

The largest pine cone sculpture in the world is found in the "Court of the pine cone" at the Vatican. The pine cone is also found carved into the crooked pagan staff (serpent crosier) of the Popes of Rome. In fact the pine cone is found all throughout the Vatican as well as Cathedrals as decoration. The staff the pope holds with the deformed Jesus and crooked cross on it has a pine cone under the base of the cross.

46. Oanne, the Babylonian fish-god (half man half fish) was depicted by Pagan high priests by wearing a fish head mitre (head dress) upon a mans head to symbolize man and fish joining when the "sun god" set into the ocean.
(Neptune = case in point. Half man half fish) One particular Biblical deity that confirms this is "Dagon" found in 1Samuel. (Dag=fish On=sun)

Mitres or head dresses that are worn by all Popes of Catholicism are an exact duplicate of these Dagon head dresses.

47. The Roman sun-god face with the alternating yonic and phallic symbols surrounding his head was found carved in excavated Roman bath houses in England. It is also found as "Apollo" on the facade of the Pergamum Museum in East Berlin.

Almost all Catholic churches have the exact same carving above their pulpits, pillars, on statues, as well as carved into ceilings above altars. Some Catholic churches actually have it carved into the Eucharist itself. There is also a statue in Rome of Mary cradling the face within a blaze in her arms as if he is her child. Plus, many Weather reporters use this face inside a solar blaze as a graphic for their weather reports

48. Statues of the Romanized Egyptians Isis with globes in her hand, Hercules as a solar deity carried the very same globe in his hand, and the Persian sun-god Mithra is also depicted with the globe in his hand as a sign he is ruler of the Universe.

The Vatican has a solid gold statue of Jesus with the globe in hand, a black marble statue called "the black virgin of Montserrat" and a statue of a "child Jesus" with globe in hand as well as countless other statues all over the world with Mary and others holding the globe

49. Coptic shells were carved to symbolize the Universe as well. Roman grave stones used them to represent the Heavens. Statues of Atlas can be found carrying the "universe" shell upon his shoulders. Pagan Rome carved Poseidon with the shell as part of his head. Venus was said to be born from within a Coptic shell.

St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican has this Pagan symbol within the papal crest upon the wall. The Coptic shell is also found over the crypt of St. Paul's Cathedral in London. This cosmic symbol is often used as a font for holding holy water in Catholic churches the world over. They even have statues of angels holding this pagan symbol filled with holy water

50. The large evil eye can be found carved on a Roman sarcophagus in the National Archaeological Museum in Rome Italy. Masonic pendants have them as well. Hathor, the "eye of Osiris" can be found all over Egyptian temple. It was commonly used as protection against evil magic

This very same evil eye within the pyramid is found on Roman Catholic pulpits, ceilings, altars, doors, pendants, medals, etc. It is also on the back of the dollar bill of the USA on the left side floating above an unfinished pyramid.

51. The multi-level crown of the high Pagan priest was first worn by old Babylonian gods in 1800BC. The horned tiara was carved atop Assyrian winged-bull cherubims as well. The Jewish Kabbalistic solar deity wore this very same tiara, as did Krishna.

The bronze tomb of Pope Sixtus depicts his dead body in bronze with this three ringed tiara on his head. On that tiara you can also see 6 serpents upon it. All the Popes have worn the tiara as a symbol of their authority as "gods of the earth, heaven, and hell." Hence, the "three rings" upon it. The Vatican has a solid gold tiara on display in the Vatican treasury at all times. This is the very crown the Pope will hand to Antichrist when he arrives to impersonate Jesus Christ in the days ahead.

52. Quetzalcoatl, "the lord of life and death" in the Aztec and Toltec cultures of 1000 AD had an opened chest with an exposed heart displayed in his statues. This was believed to be nourishment offered to the sun gods.

Literally hundreds of thousands of statues, paintings, posters, lithographs, rings, medals, and icons have Jesus as well as Mary depicted in the exact same manner with what the Catholic church calls "The sacred heart." Notice that these "sacred hearts" also have the symbols of the sun god Mithra glowing rather boldly behind them at all times.

53. Assyrian carvings show eagles as genies hovering over the dead. Their "book of the dead" depicts just such a picture on its cover.

Eagles are used as symbols all over the Roman Catholic church. See Rev 18:2 for it speaks of the Vatican as the "hold of ever foul spirit, and a cage of ever unclean and hateful bird."

What else do we want to hear!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by slybase(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2007
I can see this Catholic thing is making so many people learn about my faith.

I guess the first thing ALL you guys should realise is that NO religion is ENTIRELY rational. Religion is not a function of the mind. It surpasses the mind. If you do not agree with this, just tell me one religion that is entirely rational. The interesting thing is that even the individual that claims to be atheistic(in whatever form) is himself theistic because he can conjure up the image of the divine in him.

I like locoman's postulations, but he needs to understand that a good percentage of his claims affect the entire Chritiandom race. The truth is that as a Catholic, i aint going to deny some of his claims. Some of his claims are actually true. There iis NO religion that does not borrow from a previous religion.

For all of you that claim to be Christians, better know that as Jesus said, "No bad tree can produce good fruit". If Catholicism is bad, then your Chruch can never good, except Jesus lies. Every one that has a primary school knowledge of history knows that there was no other Church before the Age of Enlightenment brought up Martin Luther's revolution. So from the time of 'Jesus' to almost the end of the second millenium, every Christian practice was wrong?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by mrpataki(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2007
slybase:

For all of you that claim to be Christians, better know that as Jesus said, "No bad tree can produce good fruit". If Catholicism is bad, then your Chruch can never good, except Jesus lies.

This is not a topic about which church is better than the best. The topic here is that Catholic church has a modern form of idolatry embedded in its religious practices. Have you not read in the scriptures, that they that must worship the father must worship him in spirit and in truth Would you say bowing down to the graven image of Mary is an act of worshipping the Father in spirit and truth

slybase:
Every one that has a primary school knowledge of history knows that there was no other Church before the Age of Enlightenment brought up Martin Luther's revolution.

I don't think you absolutely know what exactly you are saying here.

slybase:
So from the time of 'Jesus' to almost the end of the second millenium, every Christian practice was wrong?
What exactly is a Christian Pratice? Is there anywhere in the bible that Jesus ever spoke of worshipping mary?
May God open our eyes of understanding Him the more.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by cgift(m): 9:34am On Oct 15, 2007
slybase :

There iis NO religion that does not borrow from a previous religion.

Please hold on! The religion of Catholicsim is the one that not only borrowed, but imported verbatim the traditions of the heathen religions and only changed the name of the subjects and objects. Every other thing is the same. You probably do not have a good grasp of the history of your church. Let me help you a little. The romans worshipped the Sun god named Apollo. He was also their healing god. The changing of worship day from Saturday to Sunday was premised on this god as well since its worshippers worshipped it on Sundays. In ordr to them undr the guise of "christainity", they had to import most of the traditions held back then as well as worship the day they are sued to. So, to the new 'christains' i.e., the old worshippers of Apollo, they could still tolerate the 'new' religion in as smuch as they still see their symbols of worship, and on the same day.

slybase :

For all of you that claim to be Christians, better know that as Jesus said, "No bad tree can produce good fruit". If Catholicism is bad, then your Chruch can never good, except Jesus lies.

You are obviously mistaken here. Why that lame assertion? The [b]christains [/b]have weighed the various lying traditions of the church of rome and seived them in line with the revelation of the Gospel of Christ according to the Holy Ghost's guidance and have since done away with the RCC's demonic traditions and you say all other churches are bad. What a way of interpreting that scritpure!

Do you know whom yoour first pope was? What circumstances led him to that position? Check his background vry well and com and tell me if that church was founded upon Jesus in the first place.

The RCC is found wanting very area you turn to.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by ow11(m): 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2007
cgift:

if that church was founded upon Jesus in the first place.

The RCC is found wanting very area you turn to.

C'mon such statements are uncalled for. how can u be certain that ur own denomination is founded upon Jesus?
besides all denominations have their roots in the RCC. they still celebrate christmas on the 25th, and use special oils like the catholics so why would u say the church is wanting.

The growth of the church is phenomenal that alone should prove God is there. The Bible is one very queer book that takes a lot to understand and that in itself causes a lot of confusion. what we have are just copies of copies. Thus, one interpretation cannot be said to be final and all others wrong
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by brent2: 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2007
I'd want to say a few words to Catholics. Your counter-arguments so far are hilarious. Rather than open the same Bible that the Catholic Church has boasted of canonizing, you've been offering excuses for the well articulated exposés that you read from pilgrim.1. Sad, but that is usually how far removed Catholics are from reality. I know - because I've been there once.
There are questions she had asked repeatedly. The one that I've been hoping that any sound Catholic apologist would deal with is this: "Why has the Catholic Church taken the divine titles of God and ascribed them to MARY?"

It is not a question that should solicit lame excuses. There are a few things we need to realize in that loaded question:

1. Is it true that Mary is called those titles that Pilgrim.1 has highlighted? If it is not true, then Catholics should state it so, and then show us with proof that Mary has not been called such. But what we see is a serious laugh, because even though someone tried to deny it, I held my breathe to see how she picked you apart cell by cell and made nonsense of that cover-face!

2. WHY then has the Catholic Church given those divine titles to MARY? I'm not sure that any Catholic has offered an answer to that question (which was one of the reasons forcing me to make this post). I don't even have an answer to that; and yet, we cannot deny that this is what the Catholic Church has done! Especially because she continues to ask if MARY has become our "God" to have merited such divine titles - quoting Isaiah 60:19. Nobody has explained to her the real meaning of what is meant by Mary being the "Glory of Israel", and even though I checked with the lame excuse that our Bishops have given for that, we have to come round the fact that Catholic scholars know that divine title is meant for none other than Jesus Christ.

3. What about the SKULL worship in the Catholic tradition? What answers have we given to the articulate response she made? Is that a false, ill-informed and non-existent practice in the RCC? Or is it a fact - as she has taken the time to show in her responses?
We should stop fooling ourselves here. Pilgrim knows what she's talking about (one could almost mistake her as a former Catholic - seeing that she has such deep knowledge about our own tradition, and yet so many of us have absolutely no clues as to what we think we know). We onlt tend to follow the Popes blindly, and if anyone is going to share truth with us, we attack her to our own detriment.

I know that many times we seem to strggle with these issues. But, like the Bible says, he that has an ear, let him (or her) hear.

RB.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Oby1(f): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2007
I know you work hand in hand with Pilgrim.1
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by pilgrim1(f): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2007
Oby1:

I know you work hand in hand with Pilgrim.1

Wonders shall never end! grin

Bia, Oby1. . . wetin dey do you? So, everybody wey dey leave Catholic Church now has to be seen as working "hand in hand with Pilgrim.1"? That is grand!

Anymore choking tears? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply)

Transmission Of COVID-19 At Shiloh 2020 (Winners Chapel) / 30 Girls Rescued From Pastor’s Sex Camp In Lagos / Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.