Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? (39937 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Physically In Church. But Mind Elsewhere - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by osisi5: 3:46am On Jan 26, 2008
olabowale:

Just on the Title alone, the Protestants do worse than the Catholics! Why? While they were breaking away from what they deemed 'Modern day Idolatry,' they copy almost the 100% of what they hated, with just the 6 or 7 Books left out, in the NT section. They kept the idea of Trinity, even though it does not appear in the Bible, one may argue it that way. The fact is that both developed an idea and attach it to a word that does not appear in the Book that they are using to prove the word, Trinity from that Idea.

Both has God the father, god the son and while the older sect has a mother god, the younger sect, which is a byproduct of the older sect replaced mother god with holy ghost/spirit god!
This reminds me of the Panamanians, Cubans and the Brazilians who are worshipping the yoruba idolatry gods. They deveoped their brands of these yoruba 'thing,' clearly different from how it is known within the Yorubas. To a person looking at the 'new Yorubas of Caribbeans and South America,' brand of these idolatry and comparing it to the same type of what the authntic Yorubas of Nigeria do, he/she may be swayed to conclude that the Yorubas idolatry is the fake, between the two. One will be forced to note that even both of them are evil and not worth mentioning and should not be practiced, there is no way that an original thing could not be the authentic to the offshoot.

It is therefore to note that as much as I will not become a Christian, there is no way that the catholic sect should not be the authentic sect of Christian religion when compared with the prostestant sect! The Original is always authentic when is compared to the copycat. The original is always the one that is been around longer, than the copycat. The Original is always what the copycat uses as its basis. The Original is what the copycat gets its foundamental idea from. So you see, Catholic is older, more original, and therefore deemed authentic. Hence if Catholic is idolatry, then clearly protestant is a copycat/fake idolatry, without any doubt.

At your age,you shouldn't be lying freely as though you were passing gas.
are you trying to justify where Mohammed may have copied that fact and pasted it into his Koran ?and who tells you the concept of trinity is not in the Bible?
Alhaji abeg
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by olabowale(m): 4:06am On Jan 26, 2008
@+Osisi: It is better that I pass gas freely, than to be full of (hot) air. Oh sorry, sorry, gas! lol. You see I said the word Trinity does not appear, you did not address that portion. yet you become a stickler for details, trying to tell me that the idea of it is present in the Bible! It does not matter, because you can not define something that does not exist. If Trinity does not exist in your Book there is no way you can define it, by a supposed developed idea of it.

For example if the word Olabowale does not exist, for example the Yoruba vocabulary, there can never be an idea developed around until it become a name for a male. Know wham saying?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Ganjaseed: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2008
Wether the RCC people accept it now or not the truth remained that RCC Is a big disaster to the Christendom. The RCC is the mother of all spiritual fornication and harlotry the Bible talks about, they spreed bad seed on the hart of the weak and these weak followers of that devilish doctrine accept it and are obedient to it, too weak to study and show theselves approved unto God a work man that needed not to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth. Every thing done in the RCC is absolutely contrary to the scripture, they preach new message that is not inspired by the Holy spirit and the Bible warns "from such turn away".
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
Ganjaseed:

Wether the RCC people accept it now or not the truth remained that RCC Is a big disaster to the Christendom. The RCC is the mother of all spiritual fornication and harlotry the Bible talks about, they spreed bad seed on the hart of the weak and these weak followers of that devilish doctrine accept it and are obedient to it, too weak to study and show theselves approved unto God a work man that needed not to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth. Every thing done in the RCC is absolutely contrary to the scripture, they preach new message that is not inspired by the Holy spirit and the Bible warns "from such turn away".

Where were the bible-believing christians when Abacha was terrorizing everybody.
Did the last Pope not save his detractors (many bible-believing Christians who labelled him the anti-Christ) from the dungeons of Kirikiri and the gallows?

The RCC is a powerful Churh. It is THE powerful Church of Christ. Its doctrine is Christo-centric. It does not cower before any man nor bow to any temporal authority. Take it or leave it.

There is much more to Christianity than cramming the bible.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2008
RCC is money-centric. . .
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2008

The money is used to build schools, orphanages, hospitals, etc.
It is not used to buy jeeps, private jets and jewellry.

Long live the Pope!!! He made Abacha smile!!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DONGREG(m): 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2008
what do we have against the catholics? can someone itemize them for me to share in his/her ideas
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Hndholder(m): 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2008
Catholic the first church
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Hndholder(m): 10:46am On Feb 08, 2008
Veneration of Images
IMAGES IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
The First Commandment would seem absolutely to forbid the making of any kind of representation of men, animals, or even plants:

Thou shalt not have strange gods before me. Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing, nor the likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, nor of those things that are in the waters under the earth. Thou shalt not adore them, nor serve them (Exodus 20:3-5).

Whatever one may understand the mysterious ephod and theraphim to have been, there was the brazen serpent (Numbers 21:9), not destroyed till Ezechias did so (2 Kings 18:4), there were carved and moulded garlands of fruit and flowers and trees (Numbers 8:4; 1 Kings 6:18; 7:36); the king's throne rested on carved lions (1 Kings 10:19-20), Iions and bulls supported the basins in the temple (1 Kings 7:25, 29). Especially there are the cherubim, great carved figures of beasts (Ezekiel 1:5; 10:20, where they are called beasts), that stood over the ark of the covenant (Exodus 25:18-22; 1 Kings 6:23-8; 8:6-7, etc.). But, except for the human heads of the cherubim (Ezekiel 41:19, Exodus 25:20, the references to them when combined seem to point irresistibly to some such figures as the Assyrian winged bulls with human heads), we read nothing of statues of men in the lawful cult of the Old Testament. In this point at least the Jew seems to have understood the commandment to forbid the making of such statues, though even this is not clear in the earlier periods. The ephod was certainly once a statue of human form (Judges 8:27; 17:5; 1 Samuel 19:13, etc.), and what were the theraphim (Judges 17:5)? Both were used in orthodox worship.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2008
Hnd-holder:

Catholic the first church

Yes. I agree 100%

The first church to:

1. emerge after the early church
2. make idolatory a christian practice
3. make pedophilia a church doctrine
4. support wars and racism
5. be largely political
6. practise celibacy for "priests"

The church is FIRST alright!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Hndholder(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2008
Better than a pent rascally one man church of the pretenders
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2008
Hnd-holder:

Better than a pent rascally one man church of the pretenders

all one and the same. Any deviation from Christ-likeness goes in the same boat, dude!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Lady2(f): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2008
Yes. I agree 100%

The first church to:

1. emerge after the early church
2. make idolatory a christian practice
3. make pedophilia a church doctrine
4. support wars and racism
5. be largely political
6. practise celibacy for "priests"

The church is FIRST alright

Wrong!!!

Seriously ma'am, why don't you appraoch things with love. You know since you are not Catholic, and according to you and several others, Catholics are not Christian, which would then make you all Christians, why don't you actually practice Christianity?

Did Jesus say that we should approach people with hatred or cynicsm? No he did not.
If you don't understand, then ask, and when questions are asked of you, then please respond.

I am stil waiting for non-Catholics who know the Bible to actually answer one question about the Bible and about GOD. Nope they run and hide.

It really is sickening, if you can't be mature about discussins then simply don't respond.
If you cannot help but be hypocritical then please don't respond.
If you cannot defend your own beliefs with logic and the Bible, then please don't respond.

1) The earliest record of the Church being called Catholic was in 100 A.D. some people have insinutated that the Church had stop existing at that time and then the Catholic church took over, well then that means the only ones that were Christian were the apostles.
Some have also insinuated that the Church killed the real Christians, in saying so they are saying that those who denied the divinity of Christ are the real Christians. It's funny that sounds like an islamic claim.

2) Before you start speaking idolatry, why don't you first go learn what idolatry means, then you will see that it is not found anywhere in the Catholic Church.

3) Show me the pedophilic doctrine

4) Show me the wars and racism. Incase you don't know the Catholic church was the Church that fought against racism and slavery. If you don't know well now you know.

5) Show me the politics in Catholicism

6) ANd Christ said there are those who are unable to marry because they were born so, those unable to marry because they were made so by man, those who choose to be unmarried for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven, let those who understand do so.
So please simply state that you do not understand Jesus, thank you.

Paul himself was unmarried. The apostles moved around too much to be at home with their families, well for those who were married. They remained celibate until their death. Unless you would say that they didn't travel to spread the gospel.

Look if you don't know anything about the Church, then kindly keep your comments to yourself. If you are sincere and want to learn then do so. You don't have to agree but you have to respect.
If it is burning your body that we have it together and we are not answerable to any man, sorry but that's your own palava.

Remember Jesus was persecuted as the Church is persecuted for spreading the gospel, the Church will always be persecuted and much more than He was.

SO hate it or love it, we have been here for 2000 years and we will continue to be here. There is a reason why the Church has not fallen, did you ever ask yourself that?

Anyway, peace. I would love to have a convo with you, but only after you come correct and with respect.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Hndholder(m): 10:30am On Oct 08, 2008
@carmelily

You never look like somebody who seriously want to be president by 2011.
Why are you just blaming Moses for making a bronze snake in the wilderness to safe the Israelites. It is too late to blame David for dancing before the ark of the lord. You know nothing about the Bible cant you just close your eyes in shame?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2008
~Lady~:

Wrong!!!

Seriously ma'am, why don't you appraoch things with love. You know since you are not Catholic, and according to you and several others, Catholics are not Christian, which would then make you all Christians, why don't you actually practice Christianity?

Seriously ma'am, how come you know what i practise? "His Eminence" told u that via a trance? u presume to tell me what to practise?but i'm not telling you NOT to be a catholic.  FYI, i don't ascribe a label to myself. Thank you.

Did Jesus say that we should approach people with hatred or cynicsm? No he did not.
If you don't understand, then ask, and when questions are asked of you, then please respond.

what don't i understand?

I am stil waiting for non-Catholics [/b]who know the Bible to actually answer one question about the Bible and about GOD. Nope [b]they run and hide.

what are u talking about? who runs and hides where?
Have you read IN GOD'S NAME. Is the author catholic?

It really is sickening, if you can't be mature about discussins then simply don't respond.
If you cannot help but be hypocritical then please don't respond.
If you cannot defend your own beliefs with logic and the Bible, then please don't respond.

Hypocritical? what do u think u know about me? I have to believe in the Bible to respond to posts? when did NL make these rules, Ms. Moderator??

1) The earliest record of the Church being called Catholic was in 100 A.D.

You've solved the seeming mystery on this thread!The origin of the Catholic church. Bravo!
At least, it's settled that 100 AD means not from the Apostles.

2) Before you start speaking idolatry, why don't you first go learn what idolatry means, then you will see that it is not found anywhere in the Catholic Church.

Ever been to Rome?

3) Show me the pedophilic doctrine

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1001926,00.html
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,980660,00.html
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,978816,00.html

To mention a few. and by the way,  there's still no official apology. The Pope just "regrets" that it happened. well, so do we all!

4) Show me the wars and racism.

PUHLEEZ! Do not display your ignorance. You do not know the role of the Vatican in WWII and The Holocaust Don't play ignorant here. Go to google and type vatican role in WWII and the holocaust. Get some popcorn cheesy.

Incase you don't know the Catholic church was the Church that fought against racism and slavery. If you don't know well now you know

LOL

5) Show me the politics in Catholicism

Do you even realise that the Vatican is a political entity? Do you know your own church?? Did you follow the election of Pope Benedict?

6) ANd Christ said there are those who are unable to marry because they were born so, those unable to marry because they were made so by man, those who choose to be unmarried for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven, let those who understand do so.
So please simply state that you do not understand Jesus, thank you.

What do you mean?

Paul himself was unmarried. The apostles moved around too much to be at home with their families, well for those who were married. They remained celibate until their death. Unless you would say that they didn't travel to spread the gospel.

Lo, Peter "The 1st Pope" according to RCC, was happily married. How do I know? He had a mother-in-law whom Christ healed of an ailment!

Look if you don't know anything about the Church, then kindly keep your comments to yourself. If you are sincere and want to learn then do so. You don't have to agree but you have to respect.
If it is burning your body that we have it together and we are not answerable to any man, sorry but that's your own palava.

The sorry state of "organised" religion can never the heck be my palaver. Can't you see that you are the one on the defensive? I'm having fun and don't give a phock. obviously.

Remember Jesus was persecuted as the Church is persecuted for spreading the gospel, the Church will always be persecuted and much more than He was.

Jesus was criticised for doing the right thing by detractors. It's disrespectful to allude to Him when you talk about your  establishment.

SO hate it or love it, we have been here for 2000 years and we will continue to be here. There is a reason why the Church has not fallen, did you ever ask yourself that?

Satanism has been around for donkey years. Ever asked yourself why Satanism hasn't fallen? Or many other "churches" for that matter.

Anyway, peace. I would love to have a convo with you, but only after you come correct and with respect.

Shalom, sister. Respect given.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2008
Hnd-holder:

Why are you just blaming Moses for making a bronze snake in the wilderness to safe the Israelites. It is too late to blame David for dancing before the ark of the lord. You know nothing about the Bible can't you just close your eyes in shame?

Ignorance is bliss, my brother. Ride on! grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Hndholder(m): 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2008
@~Lady~

By their fruit we shall know them. Please leave carmelily alone to her opinion she is bitter with the catholics, who knows may be she was dating "them" I mean the missed road priests of USA.
Psychologically somebody needs a Doctor here
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2008
Hnd-holder:

By their fruit we shall know them.

The pedophilic priests are good fruits!

Please leave carmelily alone to her opinion she is bitter with the catholics, who knows may be she was dating "them" I mean the missed road priests of USA.

Nah, i was overaged for them cry They said i would have made a good date if i was under 10.

Psychologically somebody needs a Doctor here

Now you get my point! when is your appointment with the doc?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Hndholder(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2008
pedophilic priests

How about non- priests in USA?

In Desmond Morris's classic book on human behavior, The Naked Ape, reports that homosexual behavior is often "seen in situations where the ideal sexual object (a member of the opposite sex) is unavailable. This applies in many groups of animals."

Morris goes on to state: "Similar situations occur with high frequency in our own species and the response is much the same. If either males or females cannot for some reason obtain sexual access to their opposite members, they will find sexual outlets in other ways."'Man is a loving animal, and he is going to love whatever he is near.' The sexual histories of farm boys frequently recorded passing involvements with animals."
the same type of problem occurred in society at large. For instance, in 1254 Louis IX banned prostitution in France and prescribed harsh penalties for it. But he soon was impelled to lift the ban, after receiving reports of increasing numbers of "lecherous attacks" on wives and daughters. So he went from banning prostitution to regulating it.

The word comes from the Greek paidophilia pais ( "child"wink and philia ( "love, friendship"wink. Paidophilia was coined by Greek poets

He gave the following characteristics:

The sexual interest is toward pre-pubescent youth only.
This interest does not extend to the first signs of pubic hair.
The sexual interest is toward pre-pubescent youths only and does not include teenagers.
The sexual interest remains over time.
Adults sexually attracted to pre-pubescent youths were placed into three categories by Krafft-Ebing:

a.) pedophile
b.) surrogate
c.) sadistic

You have a point here
What of homosexuals who are not priest?
what do you think is the solution?

Catholic priest is still better than fraudsters in the name of the lord they still get involved with teenagers too.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2008
"The greatest genocide during World War II, in proportion to a nation's population, took place, not in Nazi Germany but in the Nazi-created puppet state of Croatia."

"Genocide in Satellite Croatia, 1941-1945"
Professor Edmond Paris,
Chicago, 1961, Introduction to the book.

"Nonpartisan sources agree that mass genocide was authorized by the state of Croatia. They concur that the state instigated, planned, and executed massacres against the Serbian Orthodox minority,  and that the Catholic clergy approved, led, or failed to denounce these massacres."

"Accounting for Genocide"
Professor Helen Fein,
The Free Press, New York 1979, page 102.

"THE VATICAN'S HOLOCAUST is not a misnomer, an accusation, and even less a speculation. It is an historical fact. Rabid nationalism and religious dogmatism were its two main ingredients. During the existence of Croatia as an independent Catholic State, over 700,000 men, women and children perished. Many were executed, tortured, died of starvation, buried alive, or were burned to death. Hundreds were forced to become Catholic. Catholic padres ran concentration camps; Catholic priests were officers of the military corps which committed such atrocities."

"The Vatican's Holocaust"
Baron Avro Manhattan,
Ozark Books, Springfield MO, 1986
Preface to the American Editions

http://www.google.com.gh/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_enGH291&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=html
Compelling Jews to wear yellow badges came from an invention of the Catholic Church. The Fourth Lateran Council of 1215 set up the Inquisition along with enforcement of Jews wearing a yellow spot on their clothes and a horned cap (pileum cornutum) to mark them as the murderers of Christ and to remind them of their descent from the devil. During the Black Death plague which ravaged Europe in the 14th century, the Catholic clergy aimed its blame at the Jews claiming they worked for the Devil and had poisoned the wells and springs. Their extermination compares with the pogroms that took place in the 20th century under Hitler. During the Spanish Inquisition, the Catholic Church directed its actions against the baptized Jews, the marranos. They forbade them to hold any office in the Church or the state; many suffered torture or death.

Popes have traditionally supported anti-Jewish acts and beliefs. Pope Paul IV in the sixteenth century established the Roman ghetto (another Catholic invention). For more than two centuries afterward, Catholics humiliated the Roman Jews and degraded them at the annual carnival. In the same century, Pope Gregory XIII instituted enforced Christian sermons insulting Judaism. [Cornwell, p. 299]. In a Papal custom Popes performed an anti-Jewish ceremony on their way to the basilica of St. John Lateran. Here the Pontiff would receive a copy of the Pentateuch from the hand of Rome's rabbi. The Pope then returned the text upside down with twenty pieces of gold, proclaiming that, while he respected the Law of Moses, he disapproved of the hard hearts of the Jewish race. [Cornwell, p. 27]

http://www.nobeliefs.com/ChurchesWWII.htm
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2008
Since the prophecy when God pronounced on Satan that "I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

Satan knew what that pronouncement meant and he quickly moved into action by planning a masterplan to deceive mankind into believing a counterfeit "woman" and thereby making it an established religion that will deceive mankind, and this started to yield fruit at Babel after the global flood. Around 300 AD the RCC was formed and the rest is history.

For more details checkout the link below:
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2008
Hnd-holder:

pedophilic priests

How about non- priests in USA?

@Hnd-holder

I acknowledge your valiant efforts at defending your church. However, the point sane people are making is that the RCC should give official apologies for atrocities it (or members of its clergy) commits. That would  prove to people like me that the church is against those atrocities. Otherwise, we wisely note them down as RCC doctrine.

Pointing accusing fingers at "non-priest pedophiles" may make you feel better but it does not make the crime your priests are guilty of any less horrific.

If either males or females cannot for some reason obtain s[b]exual access to their opposite members[/b], they will find sexual outlets in other ways."'Man is a loving animal, and he is going to love whatever he is near.'

Who stops priests from marrying? you got that right! The RCC.

Catholic priest is still better than fraudsters in the name of the lord they still get involved with teenagers too.
Like i said earlier on this thread, na the same water carry all ah them go! unChrist-like is unChrist-like.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Hndholder(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
Yes we are now talking.

Prostetants too have bad history on TIthe

The Tithe war

The Tithe War in Ireland (1831-36) refers to a series of periodic skirmishes and violent incidents connected to resistance to the obligation of Catholics in Ireland to pay tithes for the upkeep of the Church of Ireland.
The first clash of the Tithe war took place on 3 March 1831 in Graiguenamanagh, county Kilkenny when a force of 120 armed police forcibly took possession of cattle belonging to a Roman Catholic priest, in lieu of Tithes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tithe_War
The British Government was alarmed by several aspects of this massacre: by the fact that the order to fire was given by an anglican  clergyman, by the pittance involved in relation to the bloodshed, and by the fact that the people had withstood several volleys and at least one charge by the troops without breaking.
Tithe War is the forgotten story of almost 100,000 tithe-paying farmers and landowners whose fight for a just and equitable end to an archaic tax spanned the inter-war years of the 20th century.
The tithe system brought ruin to thousands of small farming families, already in the depths of agricultural depression, and opened a bitter and lasting gulf between rural parishes and their anglican clergy.
It affected many parts of England and Wales indiscriminately, but it was the Great Tithes of East Anglia and the hop tithes of Kent that gave rise to the leaders of the tithe-payers’ revolt.
They took on the Establishment long before it was fashionable or easy, and their persistence and dedication to the cause is only now being recognised.

Everybody including you and me had bad sides and what is kept and known only to us. Those reasons are not enough to kill catholic faith.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2008
@Hnd-holder
This thread is not about PROTESTANTS! Read the title again. I didn't say Protestants are any different. In fact, the Protestants do have their own issues which i may want to discuss on such a thread as provided for that discussion. This is for RCC. stick to topic.

Hnd-holder:

Yes we are now talking.

When you say "we are now talking" what do u mean? you were the only one with his head in the sand.

By the way, the RCC history is full of instances where faithfuls are made to pay for absolution of their sins or the sins of dead relatives and other such humbug. I don't know if your "tithe" post was meant to show that Protestants are greedier or worse than Catholics?? what was the point of that post?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2008
Lol you guys are at it again how I manage to miss all this things me I don't know for myself, maybe I am not praying hard enough smiley
Ok wetin happen why una dey beef my friends na.
No body holy pass, somebody has problem with bad priests na wa, dem no be human being?
Ok what of all the senseless genocides done in the bible who complain?
When moses give isrealites grounded gold powder to drink no body complain, he asked the first set of priests in the bible got commissioned after murdering 3000 of their people?
Did the bible even condemn slavery ,no so why do you have a problem with world war 2. You do not need google to get examples of mass genocide just open to exodus and read down to joshua !
Er you may need to get shawarmasmiley
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Lol you guys are at it again how I manage to miss all this things me I don't know for myself, maybe I am not praying hard enough smiley
Ok wetin happen why una dey beef my friends na.
No body holy pass, somebody has problem with bad priests na wa, them no be human being?
Ok what of all the senseless genocides done in the bible who complain?
When moses give isrealites grounded gold powder to drink no body complain, he asked the first set of priests in the bible got commissioned after murdering 3000 of their people?
Did the bible even condemn slavery ,no so why do you have a problem with world war 2. You do not need google to get examples of mass genocide just open to exodus and read down to joshua !
Er you may need to get shawarmasmiley     

LMAO grin
My brother. Na all this kain itemised things wey u mention above dey make "organised" religion tire me. "organised" ke? I don't want to veer off topic, sha. would be too untidy. That's why i stuck to RCC. make Bible matter rest 1st. I just respond to what the (co)- defendants throw. wink
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Hndholder(m): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2008
@carmelily

Let me size you , no weigh stay blessed
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Omenuko(m): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2008
what are u talking about? who runs and hides where?
Have you read IN GOD'S NAME. Is the author catholic?

Whether you like it or not. . . .the Catholic Church was instrumental in settling the canon of scripture.

Then the Council of Hippo, a regional council for some of the bishops in the Diocese of Africa, in 393 AD reaffirmed The Decree of Damasus. The third Council of Carthage was far more authoritative than the Council of Hippo. The Diocese of Africa then had its see at Carthage, so Carthage had authority to speak for all of the northwest African bishops. The Council of Carthage in 397 AD also reaffirmed The Decree of Damasus. [b][size=15pt]Carthage, unlike Hippo, sent its decisions to Rome for ratification. Pope St. Boniface I (418-422) ratified the decision and declared the canon settled for the Western Patriarchate. [/size][/b]He also sent the decision to the Eastern patriarchs in Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem. At that point, the Catholic Canon of Sacred Scripture was informally accepted worldwide.

www.secondexodus.com/html/catholicdefinitions/bible.htm+bible+council+of+carthage&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us&client=firefox-a">http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:ggqp_ckmLEQJ:www.secondexodus.com/html/catholicdefinitions/bible.htm+bible+council+of+carthage&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us&client=firefox-a  

"The greatest genocide during World War II, in proportion to a nation's population, took place, not in Nazi Germany but in the Nazi-created puppet state of Croatia."

"Genocide in Satellite Croatia, 1941-1945"
Professor Edmond Paris,
Chicago, 1961, Introduction to the book.

"Nonpartisan sources agree that mass genocide was authorized by the state of Croatia. They concur that the state instigated, planned, and executed massacres against the Serbian Orthodox minority,  and that the Catholic clergy approved, led, or failed to denounce these massacres."

"Accounting for Genocide"
Professor Helen Fein,
The Free Press, New York 1979, page 102.

"THE VATICAN'S HOLOCAUST is not a misnomer, an accusation, and even less a speculation. It is an historical fact. Rabid nationalism and religious dogmatism were its two main ingredients. During the existence of Croatia as an independent Catholic State, over 700,000 men, women and children perished. Many were executed, tortured, died of starvation, buried alive, or were burned to death. Hundreds were forced to become Catholic. Catholic padres ran concentration camps; Catholic priests were officers of the military corps which committed such atrocities."

"The Vatican's Holocaust"
Baron Avro Manhattan,
Ozark Books, Springfield MO, 1986
Preface to the American Editions

And what does this have to do with the teachings of the Catholic Church?  The teachings of the Catholic Church can be found in the 'Catechism of the Catholic Church' here: http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm.  Go there and search. . . .trust me, you will not find your above posting condoned by the Church.  The Church speaks out loudly against injustice and persecution.  Just take a brief read of some of Pope John Paul's writings.  What you posted are deeds of some of the people within the Church.  Their deeds cannot be misconstrued with the teachings of the Church.  Furthermore, did not Jesus teach that there will be sinners in his Church?  

Hypocritical? what do u think u know about me? I have to believe in the Bible to respond to posts? when did NL make these rules, Ms. Moderator??

Oh yea, which Bible?

You've solved the seeming mystery on this thread!The origin of the Catholic church. Bravo!
At least, it's settled that 100 AD means not from the Apostles' time.

What do you mean by, 'the Apostles' time'?  The Catholic Church derives from the early church and the apostles.  We have apostolic succession all the way back to the apostles themselves.

Ever been to Rome?

What do you mean?  Show evidence or prove your case and stop insinuating and propagating nonsense.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1001926,00.html
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,980660,00.html
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,978816,00.html

To mention a few. and by the way,  there's still no official apology. The Pope just "regrets" that it happened. well, so do we all!

Again, I'll ask Lady's question again. . . .Show us the pedophilic doctrine (teaching of the Church) where pedophilia is condone or approved.  Go and search our Catechism in the link I provided.  

In addition, there are countless Bishops and Priets that have apologized for the sins of the few.  The Pope himself (Benedict) apologized to the victims when he visited the US this past summer (2008).  What are you talking about? Do you want him to get on his knees and give every single victim an personal apology.  Ok, since you are much much holier than us, how should the Pope deliver his apology (which he has already done)?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2008
@carmelily
grin nne na wa for you why you hold all this people serious like this na, anyway no wahala I know say no be only them dey guilty the thing touch the whole of organised religion I am not sure but a lot of people millions of people have died in the name of GOD and it gets sickening everyday, you know I think some christians need to take a trip to the famous concentration camp in poland and see the carnage that was done there again it begs the question of where all churches were when this things were happenning, but why am I surprised it happened in the bible nobody had qualms with it, in fact moses could have killed more than half of the people killed in the holocaust and nobody sees a problem with that.
If I have to consider believing in God at least he should be capable of loving all creation, but if they say me I have been made to to be doomed then why not enjoy it while it lasts because the human life if worthless in the bible it is not going to matter at all if 3 thousand years from now I am in hell cracking jokes about how ridiculous the whole religion concept was. I would be there with either all the catholics or all the protestants plus the other 28000 sects that do not agree with them , I will not be alone there will be plenty to laugh about. grin
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by reindeer: 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2008
catholics,
hmmm, i dont know whether they be evil or not what i'd alwasy apreciate is the fact that without them many africans would never have had education, access to health care and for God's sake twins would still have been dying.
And i keep saying if all churches now are doing the same things the early cath missionraries did, we probably wont need the government.
if we eel they are wrong, then lets pray for them, attacking people's faiths i know never win them over.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nasogold(m): 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2008
TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE, THE CATHOLICS ARE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS THEY ARE: A GREAT LovePeddler AND MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND THE ABORMINATION OF THE EARTH, DRUNK WITH THE BLOOD OF THE SAINTS (KILLED 68M SAINTS IN THE DARK AGES) AND THEY WILL END UP IN PERDITION - IN HELL.
REVELATION 17.
AND IN CHAPTER 18 THE BIBLE SAYS, COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:56pm On Oct 08, 2008
Nasogold:

TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE, THE CATHOLICS ARE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS THEY ARE: A GREAT LovePeddler AND MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND THE ABORMINATION OF THE EARTH, DRUNK WITH THE BLOOD OF THE SAINTS (KILLED 68M SAINTS IN THE DARK AGES) AND THEY WILL END UP IN PERDITION - IN HELL.
REVELATION 17.
AND IN CHAPTER 18 THE BIBLE SAYS, COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM.

Your beeef strong oh where you get the revelation na

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (30) (Reply)

Which Prayer Mountain (ori-oke) Can One Go For Serious Prayers & Deliverance? / "Women Who Wear Trousers, Eyelashes Are Sinners" - Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.