Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: (8294 Views)

Harsh Truths I Know At 47 I Wish Knew At 27: / Video Of The Young Couple Who Got Married At 21 / Is She Extremely Desperate At 31? (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Cinema4d: 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
All on point except number 7.
How the fvck you expect me to calm nerves and forget all the worries I go through a day even if it's just for a few minutes if I don't consume some quality alcohol. Ko possible na
It's very possible bruv. Should I explain? grin
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Cinema4d: 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2022
Medianna:
Forgive,No matter the gravity of the offense.
Hope you know the depth and gravity of this statement?
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by CaveAdullam: 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
Though I'm still anticipating 31. Since life is not in the length of days but your value to humanity and civilization, here are a few of the things I have learned so far:

1. Early things should be done early. Don't prepare for tomorrow what you can do today.

2. Talk is cheap. People say they love you, a mere feeling that they can't comprehend after you part ways.

3. The true test of love is sacrifice.

4. The true test of trust is sacrifice.

5. The true test of loyalty is their presence in both light mode and dark mode.

6. Humans are stimulated by incentives. They will do nothing if they have nothing to gain or lose.

7. Don't scavenge in search of the best; look for the best, pay them and let them guard you. They are always there but because we cannot pay them, we see them as unimportant.

8. You don't have any excuse in life not to succeed. Except you are medically disabled.

9. Take this mentality out of your head: "I don't owe anybody anything".
You do hold the world something because if everyone decides to be egocentric like you, you'd not enjoy anything. After all, you will have to do everything yourself which is 100% impossible.

You owe the world an atom of growth and prosperity.

10. The fact that people ask for forgiveness or make apologies doesn't mean they are above their former temptations. They may though. But always safeguard yourself around them. You will never entrust your little kid around a repentant pedophilia same way you will not entrust your bank details to an ex-convict.

11. Reputation is all that you have got. Protect it. Some stains aren't eradicable.

12. Respect your father. Love your mother. Make your siblings have a sense of mirthfulness when around you. Family is your backbone when the world finally rejects you. Show kindness to extended families.

13. You can't be consistent all the time, you make mistakes sometimes, so why do you expect 100% perfection and consistency from another human?

14. Deal with people as they deal with you, most times what they portray to you first instance is what they are internal.

15. Judge people by the values they hold, their belief systems, and their personalities. It will save you a great deal of having sycophants around.

16. Life is not a matter of patience. If you are not moving forward or experiencing growth, you are simply wasting your time.

17. Faith and hope are mere fantasy; knowledge + action is the birth of reality.

18. No matter how tedious, if it is a just course and good, do it and don't relent.

19. If you are not intelligent, you'll be bamboozled by the rhetorics of dumb people. If you are poor you'll be intimidated by the rich. If you are weak you'll be bullied by the strong.

20. Seek freedom. Freedom guarantees your peace of mind. Don't allow the rudder of life to be under the control of another.

21. There is always time to learn. You don't have time because you don't see the importance of learning.

22. Nothing is set in stone. Don't make any idea or beliefs your golden calf. Be ready for change.

23. Solitude is better than being amid fools.

24. You don't know what's best until you have a taste of the best and worst.

25. You'll die someday, take life easy. You are not taking any pin to the grave so why bother yourself with a series of depressions?

26. The world is not a moral place. The world is unfair. To survive this world you must play on all sides.

27. Evil prevails because the good sleep.

28. It is easy to spot the people that have you at heart, but we always end up chasing people that don't want us. Pathetic!

29. Let your interaction with people always be positive. How they react is none of your concern. Many people feel negative about the truth.

30. Do your best. Don't relent. Better you die trying than doing nothing. At least the process is there and anyone can learn from it.

31. Definition of success or greatness may differ across the board. But an indicator of success should be Independence.

32. You can learn from anything and everything. You just need to open your eyes and be vigilant enough.

33. Start a trade early in life. Learn to do business immediately it arises in your consciousness that you know how to read and write.

34. Sales and marketing are your tools for wealth.

Bonus: Eat good food. Read good books. Appreciate good people. Appreciate the beauty of nature. Exhibit holy anger like the God of the old testament.

Thanks.

44 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by cumoverna: 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
No matter the intensity of your konji, avoid skin to skin, it can skin someone alive.

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by collinsEFF(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2022
True love doesn't exist!

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by kelspinall(m): 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
you said it all
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Dioceseofoyo: 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2022
BobbieZion:
-Trust God with all your heart.
-Keep your circle small.
-Your closest ally is the most likely to sell you (Keep an eye on him)
-Be wary of people who talk too much.(They tell a lot of lies)
-Make money you can't spend, and more money.
-Never spend your energy on Women.
-When someone takes a cheap shot at you, do not be afraid to fire back.
-when you make a blunder in public, make it seem like it's nothing.

This!

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Medianna(f): 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2022
Cinema4d:

Hope you know the depth and gravity of this statement?
Yes. Its is better to let it go than to keep it in view every time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Medianna(f): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2022
Littlechild:

1. Forgive but let them go.
2. Don't forgive a devil. Walk away from them. I repeat, forgive but disconnect from them.

A devil is a devil. Even a snake, however he changes its skin, he remain a snake.
Some forgiveness letting go is very important.
Meekness shouldn't be taken for weakness.
But there are some that pulling out is not necessary.
If person do me strong thing. I maintain my lane oo

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Regex: 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2022
pansophist:
Make I talk? grin

Boss talk. I get a lot to learn
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Karlifate: 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2022
1. Get things done when you're still young with a lot of energy.

2. Time is wealth, never spend it on fruitless things.

3. Know when to say thank you and sorry.

4. Health is wealth. Never sacrifice it for anything else.

5. Life is beautiful and difficult. Keep positive mental strength and be prepared for the worse.

6. Figure out things that gives you genuine happiness and spend your lifetime doing them.

7. Don't live life because you want people to remember you, Live so you can be happy you came to the world in the first place.

8. Make every moment count, you never know which is the last.

9. Believe in your ability to do great things and give yourself a massive support. The world doesn't support people who don't have confidence.

10. Don't be ashamed of your hustle, nobody is willing to give you free money.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by pansophist(m): 1:09am On Oct 30, 2022
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 30, 2022
The Over 7 billion humans on the earth has different prints.

So every life experience is perculiar to each person.

But their is a general guide for every human who want to leave happy and successful and that is found in the 10 commandment in the Bible period

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by koladata(m): 3:52am On Oct 30, 2022
Anything you do, don't vote for atiku
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 30, 2022
pansophist:

Fast question, how does your mind work, I'm blown!!
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Regex: 7:25am On Oct 30, 2022
pansophist:
1. If I magically become a twenty-year-old again, I will never go to a traditional university, I will instead, go to NOUN (national open university of Nigeria) or study online in a free online university (''uopeople'' is a good one) so I will have a lot of free time, then start a business along the way, make all the mistakes necessary and succeed in it. This way, I kill two birds with one stone. A degree and a career that sets me up for life and makes me attractive and respected in my 30s. And it's cheaper too, without the distraction of strikes, cultism, too expensive, the temptation of prostitution, etc. 

2. If you want to understand human nature, politics, women, society, and how power structures work, study the animal jungle. Animals will reveal to you the true nature of humans without the mask of laws, civility, and democracy (lol). 

3. By default, trust no one. And if they give you reasons not to trust them, believe them. If you come to trust them through proven track records that span a reasonable amount of time, still make sure you have a safe landing if things go bad. 

4. Everybody is trying to capture your mind. Guard it with your life. Your mind is like an engine or a computer OS, if it is corrupt, the whole system will be. An example of a captured mind is he who cannot think for himself. 

5. You should know that you are paying a very dangerous price if you refuse to man up, get your shit together, and put in the work. The world is very unforgivable to weak people who prefer comfort, and your refusal to work hard will sink you at the bottom of the food chain, of which you would have been older, fatter, maybe smarter due to experiences, but poorer, and irrelevant. 

6.  Your 20's will only be the time you will be free. From your 30s, society will not be soft on you the way you are soft on yourself. If you are broke, girls will ignore you, friends will not respect you, and your esteem will be low. And other successful people will rent your life to advance their interests. And it will only go worse from there. And as a man, by default, you are on your own. 

7. The earlier you start to run, the quicker you reach the finish line, rest, and enjoy. if your parents are still sponsoring you in your 20s, it is not an excuse to be lazy. Face life as a man, because it gets harder as you grow older. 

8. Look for a woman you hate with a passion, then buy a house for her, a car, and maintain the house until you die. This is the pain that awaits you if you marry a woman who lies, manipulates, and is a deceiver because the body is what attracts you instead of the character. 

9. Your biggest enemies will always be those in your inner circle. It is difficult to be envious of someone you don't know, who didn't watch grow from zero to hero. haters are harmless idiots who hate from afar, but envy is within. More people have been killed and backstabbed by those who know them than by strangers. 

10. In anything you do, make sure that you are able to look at yourself in the mirror and have peace within. You might get away with treating people wrongly, but nothing will torment the soul more than your conscience. Conversely, nothing will burn your soul more than allowing injustice to be done to you because you have no teeth. Grow some teeth, and make sure you can use them, and that single act of deterrence will scare the dangers of this world away from you. 

11. You have to be awake to outsmart women. Women by nature are next level' more socially aware than men, so it takes a conscious effort for most men to see themselves through the eyes of women. You will probably spend your life permanently with one, so it worth spending time (and resources) to know them.

12. Have a war mindset, because whether you like it or not, you are in a fight by default. Life is a battle that you win before going to the battleground. A battleground merely confirms your victory. A sheep and a lion don't have to enter the ring before we know that the lion has won.

Half the writeup here, I do. I do it subconsciously. Especially the last part. I like to do things that I know I will succeed in. Not going into things blindly and expecting magic. I like to catch things off guard and not the other way round. Thanks man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Maxxim: 7:51am On Oct 30, 2022
Nobody is coming to save me, it's me vs me

3 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Ebubu: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2022
zed7:
My own message is for young men, never commit if you aren't ready for marriage. Hang out, have fun and generally get to know women without any strings attached. You don't need that drama, what you need is focus.

When you want to eventually get married, look very well before you decide to date. Dating is for marriage. Without the prospect of marriage, dating is a waste of time for young men.

Focus, focus and focus on your future. You don't need that drama and fake love at that point in your life.

Luckily for me, I practiced this same theory many years ago without the Internet to learn from or all the YouTube coaching videos. I'm a much better man today.
greatest mistake i made committing at my year 3 in university. instead of committing when be say i can decide to marry you the next day and still be able to afford it.

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Ebubu: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2022
YourLandMyLand:
You may need crime to Excel in life but always know when to pull out
true bro. you may need crime but know wen to pull out

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by pansophist(m): 11:52am On Oct 30, 2022
Regex:

Half the writeup here, I do. I do it subconsciously. Especially the last part. I like to do things that I know I will succeed in. Not going into things blindly and expecting magic. I like to catch things off guard and not the other way round. Thanks man.

You are doing well my friend. This world is for the brave, courageous and tough. As a man thinketh, so he is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by pansophist(m): 11:53am On Oct 30, 2022
CodeWithRemi:
Fast question, how does your mind work, I'm blown!!

Practice makes perfect comrade. Just as a rapper pick up a mic and freestyle with spontaneous rhymes, it's what a person will become if they start living consciously with courage, and perhaps, reading and writing everyday.

14 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Littlechild(m): 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Medianna:

Some forgiveness letting go is very important.
Meekness shouldn't be taken for weakness.
But there are some that pulling out is not necessary.
If person do me strong thing. I maintain my lane oo

Being tolerant or meekness is an act of forgiveness. As for the devils? let them go.

I repeat. Disconnect from them.
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Medianna(f): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
Littlechild:

Being tolerant or meekness is an act of forgiveness. As for the devils? let them go.

I repeat. Disconnect from them.
Lolzz
Now I'm interested in what you mean by 'devils' in this context
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Littlechild(m): 10:45am On Oct 31, 2022
Medianna:

Lolzz
Now I'm interested in what you mean by 'devils' in this context

Some people, have the nature of a devil. Satan lives in them, works in them and works through them.

Watch the character of every people around very well.
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by KalioPeter: 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2022
pansophist:
1. If I magically become a twenty-year-old again, I will never go to a traditional university, I will instead, go to NOUN (national open university of Nigeria) or study online in a free online university (''uopeople'' is a good one) so I will have a lot of free time, then start a business along the way, make all the mistakes necessary and succeed in it. This way, I kill two birds with one stone. A degree and a career that sets me up for life and makes me attractive and respected in my 30s. And it's cheaper too, without the distraction of strikes, cultism, too expensive, the temptation of prostitution, etc. 

2. If you want to understand human nature, politics, women, society, and how power structures work, study the animal jungle. Animals will reveal to you the true nature of humans without the mask of laws, civility, and democracy (lol). 

3. By default, trust no one. And if they give you reasons not to trust them, believe them. If you come to trust them through proven track records that span a reasonable amount of time, still make sure you have a safe landing if things go bad. 

4. Everybody is trying to capture your mind. Guard it with your life. Your mind is like an engine or a computer OS, if it is corrupt, the whole system will be. An example of a captured mind is he who cannot think for himself. 

5. You should know that you are paying a very dangerous price if you refuse to man up, get your shit together, and put in the work. The world is very unforgivable to weak people who prefer comfort, and your refusal to work hard will sink you at the bottom of the food chain, of which you would have been older, fatter, maybe smarter due to experiences, but poorer, and irrelevant. 

6.  Your 20's will only be the time you will be free. From your 30s, society will not be soft on you the way you are soft on yourself. If you are broke, girls will ignore you, friends will not respect you, and your esteem will be low. And other successful people will rent your life to advance their interests. And it will only go worse from there. And as a man, by default, you are on your own. 

7. The earlier you start to run, the quicker you reach the finish line, rest, and enjoy. if your parents are still sponsoring you in your 20s, it is not an excuse to be lazy. Face life as a man, because it gets harder as you grow older. 

8. Look for a woman you hate with a passion, then buy a house for her, a car, and maintain the house until you die. This is the pain that awaits you if you marry a woman who lies, manipulates, and is a deceiver because the body is what attracts you instead of the character. 

9. Your biggest enemies will always be those in your inner circle. It is difficult to be envious of someone you don't know, who didn't watch grow from zero to hero. haters are harmless idiots who hate from afar, but envy is within. More people have been killed and backstabbed by those who know them than by strangers. 

10. In anything you do, make sure that you are able to look at yourself in the mirror and have peace within. You might get away with treating people wrongly, but nothing will torment the soul more than your conscience. Conversely, nothing will burn your soul more than allowing injustice to be done to you because you have no teeth. Grow some teeth, and make sure you can use them, and that single act of deterrence will scare the dangers of this world away from you. 

11. You have to be awake to outsmart women. Women by nature are next level' more socially aware than men, so it takes a conscious effort for most men to see themselves through the eyes of women. You will probably spend your life permanently with one, so it worth spending time (and resources) to know them.

12. Have a war mindset, because whether you like it or not, you are in a fight by default. Life is a battle that you win before going to the battleground. A battleground merely confirms your victory. A sheep and a lion don't have to enter the ring before we know that the lion has won.

Please I'm just a 17yrs old boy.

I would really appreciate your guidance and advice towards life.

I am willing to share my challenges with you if you can couch me on how to face them.

I need you to walk me through life, I've made and currently making mistakes in my life
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Cinema4d: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
pansophist:

You and I are going to become really good friends.
Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by cassyrooy(m): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
Cinema4d:
1. Stop buying dumb shit. If you do, make it rare and inexpensive.

2. Life isn't fair. Stop trying to make it fair. Make it unfair to your advantages instead.

3. Your employer does not care about you. If you can make money elsewhere, do it.

4. Introverts aren't anti-social, they just hate drama, stupidity, and fake people.

5. Invest early and often so work becomes optional sooner.

6. Successful people aren't special. 99% of them just never gave up.

7. Alcohol has 0 benefit. It makes you poorer, dumber, and fatter.

8. There is little value in caring about things you cannot control.

9. Accountability and maturity are the same thing.

10. Avoid high interest debt at all costs.
Those two points can increase your life span if you start practicing them immediately you clocked 16.

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by Nonexisting1: 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2022
I would have slapped D'Banj for singing love is a beautiful thing. angry

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by cassyrooy(m): 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2022
Medianna:
Forgive,No matter the gravity of the offense.
I object.

If your offence would have cost me my life, I'll come for you, even if years after.

Too much forgiveness dey make people dey senseless.

5 Likes

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by cassyrooy(m): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2022
pansophist:

Onye nkem! I tuale for you!

Spitting wisdom like Solomon.

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by pansophist(m): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
cassyrooy:
Onye nkem! I tuale for you!

Spitting wisdom like Solomon.

Odogwu nna. Aka'm di n'elu. Oga dirigi nma. Ise ee.

1 Like

Re: Thing I Know At 31 That Would Have Changed My Life At 21: by pansophist(m): 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
KalioPeter:

Please I'm just a 17yrs old boy.

I would really appreciate your guidance and advice towards life.

I am willing to share my challenges with you if you can couch me on how to face them.

I need you to walk me through life, I've made and currently making mistakes in my life

My email is on my profile. Send me a mail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Goes Naked To Take Maternity Photoshoot(pictures) / I Wish I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time. A Story Ladies Can Learn From / "Love Is All I Need "" - Nigerian Gay Shares Bedroom Photos With His Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.