Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Question For Atheists And Religious People - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Atheists And Religious People (10572 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Questions For Atheists!!! / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2011
@harakiri
simple comprehension must be ur problem
1.My post was a direct answer to the op, do u get that? undecided
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by emisun(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2011
based on the available facts at the moment,religion would soon find its way to the graveyard as more and more discoveries and giant scientific stride are made. this is just SCIENCE VS religion and science would win simply cos it works while religion is based on myths,fear of unknown(which science has conquered) and is dogmatic(anti change,anti progressive,anti development)
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2011
big_sean:

@harakiri,
i dont know u, but u have said alot of vital points which i strongly agree with.
i'm not an atheists but i do know that when it comes to religion, u can never have a logical debate with a religious person, cos they'll just throw in one or two lyrics about not doubting God or believing the bible in its entirety.

u r trying hard to prove 2 us u ain't an atheist. . .if I may ask u,how is logic substantiated?does logic have a reference point? undecided
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by fyomer: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
How comes all the atheist here are boiling bitterly, this shows that sin has eaten deep into there fabrics,not willing to repent.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
@philip0906, I comprehend quite right bruva! I comprehend the futile attempt you're making to twist your comment out of context! Splendid!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
I believe in God, , but am not into any religion, personal experience and happenings in nigeria made me not to take side with any religion,  This is my personal conviction, i doubt if anyone can really change me.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
@harakiri
I am not new around here u know?so ur tricks are not strange to me. . .but u can't score no cheap points over me. . .If u want an arguement,raise one and stop whining.Geddit
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
fyomer:

How comes all the atheist here are boiling bitterly, this shows that sin has eaten deep into there fabrics,not willing to repent.
Most peeps who are out 2 settle score over their sorry lives,and now want to blame a God. . . undecided
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2011
philip0906:

u r trying hard to prove 2 us u ain't an atheist. . .if I may ask u,how is logic substantiated?does logic have a reference point? undecided
My dear friend, i want to believe u went to a good school and obtained a degree.
How did u convince your professors that you did your job or your thesis results are indeed what u proclaim? I'm sure u didn't just tell ur prof. "believe me it works" or "because Mr. ABC said it works". NO!!!
it is by testing, retesting and reconfirmation by the prof or a 3rd party. this is the logic i talk about. why are religious pple so certain about their religion, but are too scared to put it to the simple test of consistency, which btw is how we have progressed in this life from technological advancement and what have u. (i.e, we know gravity exists not because newton said so, but because he said it and we tested it and it actually exists, you can try the law of gravity everywhere in the world and it will not "never" prove u wrong. grin)
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by pingu2k5(m): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
Buddha simply said, "I am a
teacher in search of the truth." Jesus said, "I am
the Truth." Confucius said, "I never claimed to be
holy." Jesus said, "Who convicts me of sin?"
Mohammed said, "Unless God throws his cloak of
mercy over me, I have no hope." Jesus said,
"Unless you believe in me, you will die in your
sins." - Anonymous
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2011
NWFX:

1. To Atheists and the religious; What sort of convincing evidence would it take would it take for you to switch sides?

Until Scientist/Science proves to me beyond reasonable doubts that there's no God, then will i change my belief

NWFX:

2. Also what sort of evidence or event do you think would convince the entire world in one single day to support your claims?
When Jesus returns and rapture takes place. i fear it might be too late for some though

NWFX:

3. If eventually,you found out you've been wrong all along, How would you feel?,what impact would it make in your life and what would you do?
Im gonna feel good cos at the moment i dont regret living my self as im doing right now, trying to be morally alright as much as i can
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2011
@fyomer, our "sin" is enlightenment! Period! Look around you. What positive attribute has religion brought in your community? Has it stopped crime,betrayals or wars? Almost every armed robber caught in Nigeria blames the "devil" for his actions (after a well planned attack failed). Family members and friends who are staunch church goers betray each other/hurt/harm each other on a daily basis. Our thieving leaders are ALL religious. The policeman who shoots innocent civilians to death goes to church on sunday to "praise god". Insane wickedness,callousness and vanity rules the land. Go to churches and 90% of the time, all you hear is money talk. I will not forget the day I heard a woman's testimony in church thanking "god" for abuja contract (we all know that means opportunity to steal govt funds) and the pastor and congregation where roaring with extasy. Only in Nigeria, will you see someone thanking "god" for visa to malaysia (of all places). It all boils down to poverty of the mind. Liechestein is the most non-religious country in the world and yet, they have one of the best economies,per capita income,next to zero crime rate and people have value for human lives (even their plants and animals have MORE RIGHTS than the average Nigerian). Compare that to Nigeria whereby you can find 12 churches in a street of less than 40 houses (my street has 15 houses and 3 churches!). Nigeria could easily pass as the most religious country in the world and yet, look at the exponential level of moral decadence. Need I say more?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2011
harakiri:

@fyomer, our "sin" is enlightenment! Period! Look around you. What positive attribute has religion brought in your community? Has it stopped crime,betrayals or wars? Almost every armed robber caught in Nigeria blames the "devil" for his actions (after a well planned attack failed). Family members and friends who are staunch church goers betray each other/hurt/harm each other on a daily basis. Our thieving leaders are ALL religious. The policeman who shoots innocent civilians to death goes to church on sunday to "praise god". Insane wickedness,callousness and vanity rules the land. Go to churches and 90% of the time, all you hear is money talk. I will not forget the day I heard a woman's testimony in church thanking "god" for abuja contract (we all know that means opportunity to steal govt funds) and the pastor and congregation where roaring with extasy. Only in Nigeria, will you see someone thanking "god" for visa to malaysia (of all places). It all boils down to poverty of the mind. Liechestein is the most non-religious country in the world and yet, they have one of the best economies,per capita income,next to zero crime rate and people have value for human lives (even their plants and animals have MORE RIGHTS than the average Nigerian). Compare that to Nigeria whereby you can find 12 churches in a street of less than 40 houses (my street has 15 houses and 3 churches!). Nigeria could easily pass as the most religious country in the world and yet, look at the exponential level of moral decadence. Need I say more?
Well said, !
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by fyomer: 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2011

@fyomer, as far as atheists are concerned life ends in death and that's it. If there is such a thing as "life after death", we know nothing about that and have no say in that regard. If YOU on the other hand are a religious individual who believes in the "after life", then the onus rests on you to prove that claim with CONCRETE FACTS/EVIDENCE and not the usual boring derailing remarks and sentiments that emanate from what you have been spoon fed and brainwashed with from childhood!

@Harakiri,false!!!!,ignorance would never let you find out,because atheist enjoy wallowing in sin,with the fear of not wanting any Supreme being watching at them,you guys are looking for excuse to modernize long dead traditional belief in Africa"mind you this all started in the west" life continues after death,clutch your bedcover over your head tonight and give it a deep deep thought.Get back to me with positive reply. GOD LIVES.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2011
big_sean:

My dear friend, i want to believe u went to a good school and obtained a degree.
How did u convince your professors that you did your job or your thesis results are indeed what u proclaim? I'm sure u didn't just tell your prof. "believe me it works" or "because Mr. ABC said it works". NO!!!
it is by testing, retesting and reconfirmation by the prof or a 3rd party. this is the logic i talk about. why are religious pple so certain about their religion, but are too scared to put it to the simple test of consistency, which btw is how we have progressed in this life from technological advancement and what have u. (i.e, we know gravity exists not because newton said so, but because he said it and we tested it and it actually exists, you can try the law of gravity everywhere in the world and it will not "never" prove u wrong. grin)
Gbam. . .more like it.I was born a Christian and went 2 church every sunday with my Bible.At the age of 13,I begin to wonder where God is and how I'll know he does exist.I was tired of hearing what my pastor was teaching me and what my dad was teaching me as I wanted proof,so my much older friend shows me around the Bible where God spells out conditions to know he exists,since he is not going to be shoved around by his creature. . .so,I obey all he commands me 4rm his dos and don'ts. . .That was it
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by pingu2k5(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2011
One Solitary Life
Nearly two thousand years ago in an
obscure village, a child was born of a
peasant woman. He grew up in another
village where He worked as a carpenter until
He was thirty. Then for three years He
became an itinerant preacher.
This man never went to college or seminary.
He never wrote a book. He never held a
public office. He never had a family nor
owned a home. He never put His foot inside
a big city nor traveled even 200 miles from
His birthplace. And though He never did any
of the things that usually accompany
greatness, throngs of people followed
Him. He had no credentials but Himself.
While He was still young, the tide of public
opinion turned against Him. His followers
ran away. He was turned over to His
enemies and sentenced to death on a cross
between two thieves. While He was dying,
His executioners gambled for the only piece
of property He had on earth – the simple
coat He had worn. His body was laid in a
borrowed grave provided by a
compassionate friend.
But three days later this Man arose from the
dead – living proof that He was, as He had
claimed, the Savior whom God had sent, the
Incarnate Son of God.
Nineteen centuries have come and gone and
today the risen Lord Jesus Christ is the
central figure of the human race. On our
calendars His birth divides history into two
eras. One day of every week is set aside in
remembrance of Him. And our two most
important holidays celebrate His birth and
resurrection. On church steeples around the
world, His cross has become the symbol of
victory over sin and death.
This one Man’s life has furnished the theme
for more songs, books, poems and paintings
than any other person or event in history.
Thousands of colleges, hospitals,
orphanages and other institutions have been
founded in honor of this One who gave His
life for us.
All the armies that ever marched, all the
navies that ever sailed, all the governments
that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned
have not changed the course of history as
much as this One Solitary Life.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2011
toba:

Until Scientist/Science proves to me beyond reasonable doubts that there's no God, then will i change my belief

Science does not dispute the existence of "GOD" it only seeks (still seeking) answers as to his whereabouts - Atheists dispute the existence of God(s)

Just like Christians do not dispute Science (How could anyone dispute science grin) it just becomes a tad untidy when they try to make God a Scientist using just the scripture alone.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
atheists are always waiting on first hand info b4 they strike. . .poor them grin grin
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
fyomer:

@Harakiri,false!!!!,ignorance would never let you find out,because atheist enjoy wallowing in sin,with the fear of not wanting any Supreme being watching at them,you guys are looking for excuse to modernize long dead traditional belief in Africa"mind you this all started in the west" life continues after death,clutch your bedcover over your head tonight and give it a deep deep thought.Get back to me with positive reply. GOD LIVES.
@ fyomer my dear friend, if u would allow me to enlighten u just a little.
hope u know Christianity is not the oldest religion oh, religions that senior it are alot grin, and u would be amazed how Christianity miraculously has alot in resemblance to older religions before it. "find out for your self and u will be amazed with the revelation".
also have u ever asked ur self why Christmas is celebrated on dec 25th and not any other day of the yr.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Ymodulus: 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
@lagerwheindoubt or manmustawac pls how can i contact any of you both. Am in deep need of some little prove and i belive you both can get that to me so i want it private
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
much as this One Solitary Life
i loff this. . .
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
philip0906:

Gbam. . .more like it.I was born a Christian and went 2 church every sunday with my Bible.At the age of 13,I begin to wonder where God is and how I'll know he does exist.I was tired of hearing what my pastor was teaching me and what my dad was teaching me as I wanted proof,so my much older friend shows me around the Bible where God spells out conditions to know he exists,since he is not going to be shoved around by his creature. . .so,I obey all he commands me 4rm his dos and don'ts. . .That was it

lol grin, seriously bro, u can do better! that's not subjecting what u've learnt to an objective test.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
@big sean, Perhaps you should enlighten him on the myth of Horus that existed light years before Christianity or Judaism came to being. Perhaps you ought to let him know Christmas,Easter and New years day are actually greek pagan festivals dedicated to the greek gods. These people have ZERO knowledge about their religion and yet, they'll come here flapping their gums as if the sunday-sunday brainwashing sessions they get amounts to "proof". Sickening!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
big_sean:

lol grin, seriously bro, u can do better! that's not subjecting what u've learnt to an objective test.
My arguement is practical. . .U believe what u believe b'cos u prolly saw it or witnessed it.Same thing with my own.How does this sound 2 u?
My grandmum's health has been written off and she's told she will die soon b'cos her condition defies medical science coupled with her old age. . .everybody around has lost hope and my grand dad who'z never been to a church in his life,mocks and says Even God cannot save her. . .Since I already have a relationship with God,I go on my knees and plead with God 2 spare my grandmom,atleast 2 prove 2 d doctors and my grandpa.Suddenly my grandmom is well,and she's seen 7 yearsafter the incident. . .my point?I know God exists because I pray to a supposed non-existent being that answers me.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
fyomer:

Pls, cool down and read this your post again, it look childish. You make no point and prove nothing. Am sorry.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2011
harakiri:

@big sean, Perhaps you should enlighten him on the myth of Horus that existed light years before Christianity or Judaism came to being. Perhaps you ought to let him know Christmas,Easter and New years day are actually greek pagan festivals dedicated to the greek gods. These people have ZERO knowledge about their religion and yet, they'll come here flapping their gums as if the sunday-sunday brainwashing sessions they get amounts to "proof". Sickening!
stop making noise my friend. . .u read a part and close ur eye to the other parts.who doesn't know how christmas originated?but is dat where d story ends? undecided
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
atheists r intellectually stupid.y?
Logically, for a person to say “there is no God”, that person would have to be everywhere in the whole universe at one given point in time. For if that person where standing on the moon and looking out into space, and they did not see God; God could in fact be hiding on the backside of Mars and thus be “invisible” to the one on the moon. Therefore, to “know” that there is no God, that person would need to have perfect knowledge of the whole of the universe and any other plane or dimension of existence, all at the same moment. And if in fact that person possessed that information and ability, that person would in theory be god themselves, thus disproving their own theory that God does not exist.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
@philip0906, at last you finally opened up your naïve perspective. If you think Atheists are dumb, I personally think you're dumber than a sack of bricks! You are the true definition of the four letter word DUMB.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2011
There is no convincing you atheists is there? What further proof do  you need for you to accept the simple truth that there is a God? Or do you really believe the poo that the whole earth came about from one "big bang" as these lame scientists who would go to any extent to prove the points they spew in textbooks and documentaries lead you to believe? How can you be open to the truth when you are so close-minded and wont want to view things from other angles/perspectives? Bitter as it may taste on your tongue, you are a living witness that there is a God and the earlier you accept it the better it would be for you.

OOH YEAH!!! I know. You guys have so much been blinded by all these tales of evolution and unbelievable rantings that life was created out of nothing. How plausible is that? Life begot life and nothing can be formed out of nothing. And to all of you saying that you would only come to terms with the belief that there is a God the moment he appears to you physically! oh Jeez!  Well  might be a shocker but this God we are talking about is a spiritual entity that sometimes takes the form of physical beings to appear to ONLY THOSE WHO ARE WILLING to see him and ONLY THOSE who keep an open mind. and that man/woman who said he/she is waiting for God to reach the mobile phones of everyone at the same time, you go wait tire because funny thing is that this God does not really care about proving a point to you (only if you are a special case---probably someone who has been destined to be of usefulness to him and you are trying to prove stubborn.) Do you go about begging people who have failed to acknowledge your existence to take cognizance of your presence? I bet you do not.

It is so sad when I have to take some biology courses and even the professor himself believes that there is a God but still spits all the nonsense he vomits when he is treating evolution. How do you go about to explain the impeccable nature of the earth and the whole solar system i guess you would say by this same "LIFE-OUT-OF-NOTHING" theories. Our God works with faith and in Christianity, seeing is not believing, believing is seeing (yes, I said it!!!) I am sure he is watching you driving your fingers on your keyboard and laughing so hard at you coz you are failing to behold an easy truth. My own is that, nobody can tell me that there is no God coz I am a living witness of God's miracles. if you like, keep believing in your " THERE IS NO GOD " theories. na your toro!

His word is there, in the bible. if you are so interested in proving him non-existent, go read it. Keep an open mind. And if you still fail to see proof? well continue to wallow in unbelief. I believe that God will open your eyes one day. Peace.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
Guys, I’m enjoying this debate and I’m pretty sure a lot of people are as well, lets keep it going by trying to refrain from “name calling” (that’s just a cheap shot) so we can all (at the very minimum), learn from each other, wink
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
harakiri:

@philip0906, at last you finally opened up your naïve perspective. If you think Atheists are dumb, I personally think you're dumber than a sack of bricks! You are the true definition of the four letter word DUMB.
Did my post hurt u or u are already feeling guilty?take heart,just d Gospel truth undecided
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by fyomer: 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2011

One Solitary Life
Nearly two thousand years ago in an
obscure village, a child was born of a
peasant woman. He grew up in another
village where He worked as a carpenter until
He was thirty. Then for three years He
became an itinerant preacher.
This man never went to college or seminary.
He never wrote a book. He never held a
public office. He never had a family nor
owned a home. He never put His foot inside
a big city nor traveled even 200 miles from
His birthplace. And though He never did any
of the things that usually accompany
greatness, throngs of people followed
Him. He had no credentials but Himself.
While He was still young, the tide of public
opinion turned against Him. His followers
ran away. He was turned over to His
enemies and sentenced to death on a cross
between two thieves. While He was dying,
His executioners gambled for the only piece
of property He had on earth – the simple
coat He had worn. His body was laid in a
borrowed grave provided by a
compassionate friend.
But three days later this Man arose from the
dead – living proof that He was, as He had
claimed, the Savior whom God had sent, the
Incarnate Son of God.
Nineteen centuries have come and gone and
today the risen Lord Jesus Christ is the
central figure of the human race. On our
calendars His birth divides history into two
eras. One day of every week is set aside in
remembrance of Him. And our two most
important holidays celebrate His birth and
resurrection. On church steeples around the
world, His cross has become the symbol of
victory over sin and death.
This one Man’s life has furnished the theme
for more songs, books, poems and paintings
than any other person or event in history.
Thousands of colleges, hospitals,
orphanages and other institutions have been
founded in honor of this One who gave His
life for us.
much as this One Solitary Life.

LIKES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday / Incredible Harmony: A Church And A Mosque In One Building / Chilling Confessions Of A Zambian Satanist!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.