Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Question For Atheists And Religious People - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Atheists And Religious People (10570 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Questions For Atheists!!! / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 23, 2011
@thehomer!

IF YOU CANT ANSWER THE QUESTION, QUIT CALLING IT STRAW MAN FALLACY! THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE! AND FROM WHAT DID THE HUMAN BRAIN EVOLVE FROM?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:10am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^^ INSULTS, INSULTS, INSULTS, & MORE INSULTS! THAT IS CHARACTERISTICS OF ATHEISTS! YOU GUYS ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS AND ANY REPLY IS NULL AND VOID! MEANWHILE YOU KEEP MAKING THE SAME VAIN POINTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

STOP CONFUSING ME WITH RELIGIONISTS ON THIS FORUM! HOW AND WHO TOLD YOU GUYS I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT OR THAT I CANT DEFEND MY BELIEFS? I'M NOT THE KIND OF CHRISTIAN YOU ARE USED TO!

thehomer & apocalypse are the only 2 individuals that have so far shown MATURITY on this THREAD that MAJORITY OF ATHEISTS HERE LACK! MAYBE I'LL JUST WAIT FOR THEM TO COME ONLINE!

harakiri & teslim! Thank you for the INSULTS! You believe you know it all already! Why dont you allow people who are willing to interact and learn from each other to argue on these TOPIC without resorting to your CHILDISH INSULTS? JUST WATCH FROM SIDELINES ABEG!

I DONT HAVE TIME TO INSULT WITH ANYONE, JUST WANT TO SET MATTERS ON RELIGION RIGHT!!!

THE REAL CONTRADICTION IS NOT BETWEEN SCIENCE AND THE BIBLE, BUT BETWEEN SCIENCE AND THE OPINION OF CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALISTS!

Earlier in the course of this ARGUMENT, someone asked a question about the AFTERLIFE. An ATHEIST RIGHTLY ANSWERED AND SAID LIFE ENDS AT DEATH!!! THAT'S CORRECT! THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE! BUT WHY I HAVE A DIFFERENT BELIEF, YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW! OR MAYBE YOU WANT TO KNOW, BUT YOUR EGO & PRIDE WONT ALLOW YOU ASK QUESTIONS! SO YOU WILL RATHER INSULT!

I DONT KNOW ALL, NEITHER DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW ALL! BUT WHAT I KNOW, I'M READY TO SHARE!

IM A CHRISTIAN, BUT NOT A FANATIC OF CHRISTIANITY NEITHER AM I A FUNDAMENTALIST!

LET'S KEEP THE INSULTS ON CHECK!!! IF WE ARE TO GET ANYWHERE WITH THIS smiley

Hmm this is very interesting. You're a Christian who wishes to set the Bible straight. I'll like to see you do that. As a Christian who believes that life ends at death, how do you reconcile this with the Bible? Or is the Bible wrong about this too?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 23, 2011
Purist:

You need to take some time out and really know this God you defend so vehemently here.

15For He saith to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God who showeth mercy.

- NKJV                      

Sorry, WHERE did you QUOTE FROM?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Purist(m): 9:13am On Aug 23, 2011
^^ Romans 9:15-16
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

@thehomer!

IF YOU CANT ANSWER THE QUESTION, QUIT CALLING IT STRAW MAN FALLACY! THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE! AND FROM WHAT DID THE HUMAN BRAIN EVOLVE FROM?

It is a straw man fallacy because I never made a claim that remotely looked that way.

The human brain evolved from the prior existing organisms.

You have not addressed these. You only responded to the last statement and not the previous two. Your position needs to be clarified.

thehomer:

Does this God have a personal name?

Can you enlighten us on this truth you're talking about and his preferences? Why the Bible what about the Qur'an? Is that okay with God? How did you come to know about the things the Bible really teaches?

Neither. The human brain evolved.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2011
thehomer:

Hmm this is very interesting. You're a Christian who wishes to set the Bible straight. I'll like to see you do that. As a Christian who believes that life ends at death, how do you reconcile this with the Bible? Or is the Bible wrong about this too?
THE BIBLE SAYS SO! LIFE ENDS AT DEATH! cheesy cheesy DO YOU HAVE A BIBLE? IT WOULD BE VAIN TO ASK YOU TO READ FROM WHAT YOU DONT HAVE! cheesy
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2011
[b]@ thehomer![/b]WHAT PRIOR EXISTING ORGANISMS? AND WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2011
Ojukwu24:

I did not want to comment on this, but I am shocked shocked shocked at what I have been reading from this thread. The so called atheists, you have not given us enough reasons to believe that there is no God, and yet want evidence from us. Anyway, it is only a fool that will say there is no God. The evidence is there but you just don't want to see it. That's the path of ignorance.  sad

If you want someone else to adopt your belief, you need to give good reasons. The question is why do you believe that there is a God since the evidence is lacking? If you think the evidence is available, then it is up to you to present it.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by fyomer: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2011
3kay945 (m)« #240 on: Today at 08:14:50 AM »:

@Harakiri and others, do you believe in reincarnation according to the Grail message. I find it easier to believe and using it as a reason why people are born into different families either rich or poor.
When you ask the religious people 'why some are born into affluent or poverty sticken families?' they answer saying 'that is how God wants it, he gives wealth to his chosen ones. Where is Justice in this?

[size=15pt]why are you beating about the bush,Harakiri has almost repented,and you are still looking for surporters,better surrender your life to JESUS  before it's late for you.Note:you are better than Harakiri to some extent cause he refers to the most high GOD as "god(s)",may GOD forgive him,as for you take a step of FAITH.GOD IS LOVE.[/size]
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Purist(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2011
Ojukwu24:

The so called atheists, you have not given us enough reasons to believe that there is no God, and yet want evidence from us. Anyway, it is only a fool that will say there is no God.

If I make a positive claim that Santa Claus exists, the burden of proof lies on me to provide substantial evidence for my claim.  It will be intellectually dishonest for me to ask those who do not believe me to provide "evidence" for their unbelief, don't you think so?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:23am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

[b]@ thehomer![/b]WHAT PRIOR EXISTING ORGANISM?

Again, you're not holding up your part of the discussion. I have already asked you several basic questions which you're once again ignoring. I will answer this but before we proceed further, you will have to answer them.

Here is a chart that presents it in a simplified format.

If you wish to read up on it, you may begin here.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2011
fyomer:

[size=15pt]. . . .
GOD IS LOVE.[/size]

Really? God that is supposed to be some sort of person is love? Then what is love? God? grin
If you're speaking about the Christian God, how can you describe as loving a character that condones slavery? This is a basic question that humans were able to solve but God was unable to solve.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:29am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

THE BIBLE SAYS SO! LIFE ENDS AT DEATH! cheesy cheesy DO YOU HAVE A BIBLE? IT WOULD BE VAIN TO ASK YOU TO READ FROM WHAT YOU DONT HAVE! cheesy

It looks as though you're stuck in the old testament. Do you not know that gentle Jesus meek and mild overturned that? Or is Jesus a part of the Bible that you think is wrong?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2011
fyomer:

[size=15pt]why are you beating about the bush,Harakiri has almost repented,and you are still looking for surporters,better surrender your life to JESUS  before it's late for you.Note:you are better than Harakiri to some extent cause he refers to the most high GOD as "god(s)",may GOD forgive him,as for you take a step of FAITH.GOD IS LOVE.[/size]
what kind of FAITH are you referring to.? what i cant reasonably comprehend? lipsrsealed
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2011
@thehomer!
We dont need to misunderstand ourselves! Questions are flying around! Let's just take things slow!
Lets START!

WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF THE SIMPLEST FORM OF LIFE?

I'M HERE TO DEFEND THE BIBLE!!! MUSLIMS ARE ON THIER OWN! grin grin
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2011
@david
What is ironic in my statements ? The chaos theory and my belief in the non existence of your God ?. Let me tell you where the real irony lies.
An all loving God who commands his "chosen" to kill and murder others.
An impartial God who despised an unborn child over his twin.
A God who makes laws he can't keep - I can relate with that though , people in the Nigerian government do that all the time.
A God who has made a place with fire and brimstone to punish those he deems fit.
Yet he charges you to go and seek knowledge but you can not question his existence. If we are talking about irony here you and your God take the prize.
I ask again , if you want an explanation to creation and the orderliness therein , why must I believe in your God ?. What makes your God superior to all other gods , even Allah ( note that the christian God and islamic God are not the same ). Why not Eledumare , Sango and other traditional Gods ?.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2011
apocalypse:

@david
What is ironic in my statements ? The chaos theory and my belief in the non existence of your God ?. Let me tell you where the real irony lies.
An all loving God who commands his "chosen" to kill and murder others.
An impartial God who despised an unborn child over his twin.
A God who makes laws he can't keep - I can relate with that though , people in the Nigerian government do that all the time.
A God who has made a place with fire and brimstone to punish those he deems fit.
Yet he charges you to go and seek knowledge but you can not question his existence. If we are talking about irony here you and your God take the prize.
I ask again , if you want an explanation to creation and the orderliness therein , why must I believe in your God ?. What makes your God superior to all other gods , even Allah ( note that the christian God and islamic God are not the same ). Why not Eledumare , Sango and other traditional Gods ?.
Hey Bro! WELCOME! Take things slow! One question after another! YOU are my 2nd FAVORITE ATHEIST ON THIS THREAD! So lets calm down, and answer each other! NO INSULTS!! REPHRASE!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2011
3kay945:

you sure ? shocked you have answers to all your questions!. you dont believe in reincarnation and predestination. undecided  so, why are people born into different families? some born grin blind or deaf or dumb or all put together. what is the faith/destiny of a child born by a mad woman.? grin grin grin
sexkills?? why are you dodging these question now grin grin grin. afterall it s not insultive
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

@thehomer!
We dont need to misunderstand ourselves! Questions are flying around! Let's just take things slow!
Lets START!

WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF THE SIMPLEST FORM OF LIFE?

I'M HERE TO DEFEND THE BIBLE!!! MUSLIMS ARE ON THIER OWN! grin grin

We do not know what the origin of the simplest form of life is but it is being worked on. Also I will not allow you to reset this discussion again. If you're going to answer my questions, please start from these posts.

thehomer:

Does this God have a personal name?

Can you enlighten us on this truth you're talking about and his preferences? Why the Bible what about the Qur'an? Is that okay with God? How did you come to know about the things the Bible really teaches?

Neither. The human brain evolved.

Please address those in bold.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2011
thehomer:

[size=15pt]We do not know what the origin of the simplest form of life is but it is being worked on.[/size] Also I will not allow you to reset this discussion again. If you're going to answer my questions, please start from these posts.

Please address those in bold.
I LIKE YOUR HONESTY! @ THE BOLDED! YOU DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE SIMPLEST FORM OF LIFE, SO WHY ARE YOU MAKING ARGUMENTS BASED ON WHAT YOU DONT KNOW? LOOK AT THAT RESPONSE AGAIN, AND HONESTLY ASK YOUR SELF WHY YOU BELIEVE THAT! smiley

GOD HAS A PERSONAL NAME!
YES I CAN ENLIGHTEN YOU! ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO HONESTLY AGREE WITH REASONABLE AND SOUND POINTS FROM ME!
I CAME ABOUT WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY TEACHES BECAUSE I HAVE STUDIED THE BIBLE EXTENSIVELY! AGAIN, YOU MUST HAVE A BIBLE HANDY IF WE ARE TO FLOW WELL! DO YOU HAVE A BIBLE?

ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IN BOLD, AND THEN ASK YOURS! smiley
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by marcus1234: 9:59am On Aug 23, 2011
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 10:01am On Aug 23, 2011
What You dont know will Never Kill You, BIG LIE=FALSE. grin grin
SEXKILLZ
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2011
3kay945:

sexkills?? why are you dodging these question now grin grin grin. afterall it s not insultive
I answered your QUESTION EARLIER! BUT YOU DID NOT SEE IT! ME THINKS YOU ONLY WANT TO MAKE JEST AND CATCH FUN! UNTIL YOU POSES MORE REASONABLE QUESTIONS, I'M AFRAID I MAY NOT ANSWER YOU AGAIN! smiley
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 10:05am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

I LIKE YOUR HONESTY! @ THE BOLDED! YOU DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE SIMPLEST FORM OF LIFE, SO WHY ARE YOU MAKING ARGUMENTS BASED ON WHAT YOU DONT KNOW? LOOK AT THAT RESPONSE AGAIN, AND HONESTLY ASK YOUR SELF WHY YOU BELIEVE THAT! smiley

Why do I believe that we do not know the origin of the simplest form of life? Maybe I believe that because we actually do not know.

sexkillz:

GOD HAS A PERSONAL NAME!

Well what is it?

sexkillz:

YES I CAN ENLIGHTEN YOU! ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO HONESTLY AGREE WITH REASONABLE AND SOUND POINTS FROM ME!

The keywords being reasonable and sound.

sexkillz:

I CAME ABOUT WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY TEACHES BECAUSE I HAVE STUDIED THE BIBLE EXTENSIVELY! AGAIN, YOU MUST HAVE A BIBLE HANDY IF WE ARE TO FLOW WELL! DO YOU HAVE A BIBLE?

ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IN BOLD, AND THEN ASK YOURS! smiley

I have several Bibles among other books. One thing I'd like to know is what makes you think you're more qualified to expatiate on the Bible considering that it has been published in easily accessible languages understood by others in multiple ways.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2011
Also, what do you think about the sayings of Jesus as I commented on it here:

thehomer:

It looks as though you're stuck in the old testament. Do you not know that gentle Jesus meek and mild overturned that? Or is Jesus a part of the Bible that you think is wrong?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

I answered your QUESTION EARLIER! BUT YOU DID NOT SEE IT! ME THINKS YOU ONLY WANT TO MAKE JEST AND CATCH FUN! UNTIL YOU POSES MORE REASONABLE QUESTIONS, I'M AFRAID I MAY NOT ANSWER YOU AGAIN! smiley
You just lied.!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2011
thehomer:

Why do I believe that we do not know the origin of the simplest form of life? Maybe I believe that because we actually do not know.
Which do YOU think is better & easier? Believing in WHAT YOU KNOW, or WHAT YOU DONT?
thehomer:
Well what is it?
YOU have a BIBLE! I'll SHOW YOU from your BIBLE!

thehomer:
The keywords being reasonable and sound.
SURE!

thehomer:
I have several Bibles among other books. One thing I'd like to know is what makes you think you're more qualified to expatiate on the Bible considering that it has been published in easily accessible languages understood by others in multiple ways.
IF MY REPLIES DONT MAKE ANY SENSE, JUST SAY SO! MIND YOU I DONT KNOW ALL! WHAT I DO KNOW, I'LL TELL YOU!

3kay945:

You just lied.!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-740780.224.html#msg8986038
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

You just lied.![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2011
sexkillz:

Which do YOU think is better & easier? Believing in WHAT YOU KNOW, or WHAT YOU DONT?

Carefully read what I said which was that I believe that we do not know because we do not know. If you think you know, please show what you know and how you know it.

sexkillz:

YOU have a BIBLE! I'll SHOW YOU from your BIBLE!

I asked for the name of the "God" of "THE TRUTH" that you've been talking about and you wish to show me this from the Bible that you say has been systematically misinterpreted? Why don't you first present the name then we'll go on from there?

sexkillz:

SURE!
IF MY REPLIES DONT MAKE ANY SENSE, JUST SAY SO! MIND YOU I DONT KNOW ALL! WHAT I DO KNOW, I'LL TELL YOU!

. . . .

I will once you've started making the replies.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2011
@sexkillz
Good to be back , I'll have you know you are my best theist lol.
I assume you have read the Bible extensively , would you say in all honesty God is a good role model considering his actions as told by the Bible ?. You and I know of numerous accounts where he has ordered the killings of innocent people. Racism/tribalism (ethnocentrism) and terror all originated from the Bible.
It's a good thing the islamists are not here to defend their own God , who reigns supreme as the God of terror.rism) and terror all originated from the Bible.
It's a good thing the islamists are not here to defend their own God , who reigns supreme as the God of terror.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 10:38am On Aug 23, 2011
@SEXKILLZ
This is my conclusion on you, YOU dont know how to argue constructively neither can you debate. You are always "Begging the question", using questions to ask questions and refusal to admit what you dont know. no offense. tongue
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by stkris(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2011
i have read through the entire thread, and i have to say sexkillz has reduced the IQ level a couple notches since he stepped in.

sexkillz:

smiley

Seriously?? why is he making arguments based on what he doesn't know? That is the last sentence a religious person should make if he is to maintain any kind of credibility in his own arguments. The institution of religion is entirely based and thrives on this illogical "logic" which has been termed "faith."

To the other religious ones, i have a lot of questions, but i would not overwhelm you with all at the same time, so kindly answer this for now.

1. In the bible, Christ said no one would make heaven except through him, and the muslims say infidels would not make paradise.
Now tell me, do you agree with either of these stands? and since you only inherited (were brainwashed into) whatever religion you practice today, would you have held this same opinion or belief if you happened to have been born on the other side?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

See What Dunamis Pastor Dr Paul Enenche Said Would Happen In 2015 / Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday / Incredible Harmony: A Church And A Mosque In One Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.