Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? (14207 Views)

Did Jesus Have A Favourite Apostle? / The First Ever Female Apostle In West Africa. / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 10:50am On Oct 30, 2022
blueAgent:

From the get go on that video Chris has made the mistake and
confused Ashkenazi and Sephardic. Some but not all, married
Turkish people. He then states that Ashkenazi is a German word,
which it is not. He is right in that the book he reviews is wrong in
that they descended from Turkish people (where it’s a common
meme that Kharzars are Turkish or just Turkish)
The word Ashkenazi comes from:
10:2 The sons of JAPHETH; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and
Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
10:3 And the sons of Gomer; ASHKENAZ, and Riphath, and
Togarmah.
I.E. not Shem Semites, nor could be of Judah.
The land of Ashkenaz was here, http://www.israel-a-history-
of.com/sons-of-noah.html
First of all, the Zionists are NOT Semites, nor Israelites, nor
descendants of Judah,
The Zionists are counterfeit-Jews who have stolen the name Jew
(Judah) from its true owners and are falsely masquerading as the
descendants of Judah, when in reality they do not have one drop
of his blood in their veins.
They misquote the Bible by claiming that the Holy Land is theirs
because God gave it to the descendants of Jacob/Israel and his
son Judah, when they are not Judah’s descendants and thus their
claim is false and fraudulent.
The Zionists and 96% of modern so-called Jews are ASHKENAZI
(Ashke-Nazi) and are not descended from Shem (Sem-ites), but
from Japheth’s grandson Ashkenaz –
Genesis 10:1 Now these [are] the generations of the sons of
Noah, Shem (Sem-ites), Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were
sons born after the flood.
10:2 The sons of JAPHETH; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and
Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
10:3 And the sons of Gomer; ASHKENAZ, and Riphath, and
Togarmah.
In the time of Jesus, 2000 years ago, the inhabitants of
Jerusalem and Judaea, and their ruler king Herod, were Edomites
(sons of Esau not Jacob/Israel) and thus were counterfeit-Jews,
who had stolen the land from the “House of Judah” whilst the
House of Judah had been in slavery in Babylon and the Idumeans
were pretending to be Israelites when they were really Edomites
(Idumeans) - sons of Esau.
Jesus condemned them and warned the world against them in
Revelation 2:9 and 3:9.
Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but
thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they
are Jews, and are NOT, but [are] (Idumeans) the synagogue of
Satan.
3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which
say they are Jews, and are NOT, but do LIE (Idumeans); behold, I
will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know
that I have loved thee.
In the 8th century AD the Khazar nation descended from
Ashkenaz, who lived North of the Caucasian Mountains, well
outside the Holy Land, converted en-masse to Talmudic Judaism
and since then have inter-married with the Edomites and like the
Edomites falsely claim to be descendants of Jacob/Israel’s son
Judah.
(The Babylonians and the Romans are the same race with a new
name and country - note well New Covenant/Testament -
Revelation 17:5). They destroyed both the First and Second
Temples. They destroyed the First Temple as Babylonians (c.588
B.C.) and the Second Temple as Romans (70 A.D.)

All this your copy and paste is confusing and a drag back ....OK make I pretend like I understand the things you paste .

What was the religion of the true Jews you claim to know?.

What religion did Jesus practice while on earth?

And where did Christianity start from.?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Guderian(m): 10:53am On Oct 30, 2022
Gospel according to john was not written by apostle john

Stephen was not an apostle
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by wirinet(m): 10:56am On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I tell you that you are the proof because you did not create yourself nor this House called earth you live in nor can this House build itself.
And Apostle Thomas who physically saw and talked to Jesus did not realise he did not create himself or that a house cannot build itself?

For you information Apostle Thomas was also my favourite Apostle. How can you ask me to believe extraordinary claims without proof.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Benoxvals(m): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2022
Judas.....e get why
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Richy4(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2022
<<I like Andrew a lot because he is the type that operates in the background without being noticed...
<< he is family oriented..when he was called, he went and told Peter... He was even the one that introduced Peter to Jesus...
<<He is a problem solver.. when everyone were brainstorming about what to do to the crowd that were hungry at the mountain, he was the one that told Jesus about the boy that have bread and fishes...
He would have made a great career in Civil service commission smiley

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Kingstanding: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Peter, the violent agitator. cheesy

Peter walked on water, experienced the transfiguration, was given leadership of the church, and was intensely loyal to Christ. Worthy of emulation.
You're right nobody know who was Jesus. Apostle Peter was the only one that know who was Jesus Christ. And Jesus said Peter the rock upon you that I will build my church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by highchief1: 11:06am On Oct 30, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible?

Despite being the Good Shepherd who laid down His life for His sheep, it was observed that Jesus loved and was endeared to some sheep more than others.

Among His multitude of disciples, there were the first eleven who were also called His apostles (the 12th not included because he was called "a devil" ). Matthew 10:2-4, John 6:70

Among the first eleven, there were the first three. Matthew 17:1, Mark 14:3, Luke 8:51

Among the first three, there was the first one who was also called His beloved. John 20:2, 21:7.

It was this apostle that the other apostles, including Peter, often passed through to get some information from Jesus which they were curious about, but Jesus hadn't yet revealed to them. For instance, who was going to betray Him. John 13:21-26.

This was the only apostle that was said to have been there with Christ during His crucifixion after all His apostles were said to have fled and forsaken Him. It was of him Jesus had said to His mum who stood by His cross, "behold thy son!" and to the apostle, "behold thy mother!". John 19:26-27

If was of this same apostle that Jesus after His resurrection, said to Peter, "If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me." John 21:22 (KJV)

While the apostle may not have tarried til the return of Jesus, he outlived every other apostle in the Bible, as he was the only one among them that was impossible to kill despite all the attempts made on his life, the last being when he was cast into pot of boiling oil, but instead of dying because of the heat, he emerged not just alive but also unharmed, which stunned the Roman ruler at the time, and all those who witnessed the miraculous incident, to the extent it sparked a revival among the Romans as many of them were converted and came to Christ as a result.

When it also came to revelation of the Word of God and things to come, he was head and shoulders above the rest. He was the only apostle in the Bible who revealed Jesus as Word of God that was in the beginning, which happens to be the greatest revelation of the Word of God any man could ever receive from above.

That apostle's name is John, the son of Zebedee, who was also the brother of James another apostle of Christ and one of the first three.

John was undoubtedly Jesus' favourite apostle in the Bible, the one He loved most.

But what was it about John that so endeared Jesus, that made Him love and treat him more specially than the others?

That and more we hope to find out in the next posts.

God bless.
johnson seleiman
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Uchedizzy(f): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2022
Apostle paul

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Ofiadiegwu: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2022
John the Beloved

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Ofiadiegwu: 11:15am On Oct 30, 2022
highchief1:
johnson seleiman

??
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2022
ezechi242:

All this your copy and paste is confusing and a drag back ....OK make I pretend like I understand the things you paste .

What was the religion of the true Jews you claim to know?.

What religion did Jesus practice while on earth?

And where did Christianity start from.?

Jesus practised christainity.

Christainity came from christ.

There are a lot of things you do not know which you first need to know.

First you need to know the true history of Bible Israel, this present Israel, NWO, and the role all this is playing in our present World conditions.

First Google the lost 10 tribes of Israel, compare it with Bible verses on Israel past and present.

https://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n2121.cfm
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Slimwhyt(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2022
toffyz:

Is he the same John that baptised Jesus Christ?

No, He is John the beloved.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Guderian(m): 11:25am On Oct 30, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Peter, the violent agitator. cheesy

Peter walked on water, experienced the transfiguration, was given leadership of the church, and was intensely loyal to Christ. Worthy of emulation.

Violent agitator??
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2022
Guderian:

Violent agitator??

Na only me understand why I use that word. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by highchief1: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2022
Ofiadiegwu:

??
ofiadiegwu wetin happen
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Guderian(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2022
ezechi242:

I asked a question answer it....and I still don't know how 90% of jews are fake grin

If you think those mofos in isreal are jews you really need to do serious research and study
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Franking: 11:34am On Oct 30, 2022
Judas. Cause he was used to put Jesus in the hands of those who sacrifices him for ur sins. grin
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Lamasta(m): 11:40am On Oct 30, 2022
I so much love Apostle PETER an illetrate humble leader, no wonder Jesus made him the head of the fold before departing....

Peter also wrote to leaders of the church concerning leadership in 1 Peter : 5

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by shineeye1: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2022
Ofcourse it is PAUL the dexterous apostle

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:46am On Oct 30, 2022
wirinet:

And Apostle Thomas who physically saw and talked to Jesus did not realise he did not create himself or that a house cannot build itself?

For you information Apostle Thomas was also my favourite Apostle. How can you ask me to believe extraordinary claims without proof.

I do not ask you to believe, I ask you to see!

And if you look at Thomas, you would see that he did not touch Jesus and put his finger in the holes. No he did not!

He Saw what was there to be seen. The same things he knew before which is knowledge.

When we say God we are just paying full respect to The Person Who created us and built this House we call earth which He put us in rent free, to live in it.

And we already know that we did not build ourselves not this House called earth.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Lamasta(m): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2022
princechurchill:
Na my favorite be this
That meme is funny seriously and also calls for deep thought grin
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by caandi: 11:53am On Oct 30, 2022
What’s your proof that apostle John didn’t die?
Na wa
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ictplotter(m): 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
My best Apostle is Johnson suleman.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by salem1996: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Thomas was all these yet asked for proof according to the Bible and your god gave him proof immediately.

pls don't quote me again. responding to you has IQ lowering effect cuz your ability to assimilate is abject

Thomas asked Jesus for proofs and got it. Probably you have been asking someone different and not Jesus. Learn to ask him for proofs and not someone else.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by salem1996: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
Melodydoctor:
Prophet Odumeje cheesy

Nawa ooo grin
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Thomscintillate: 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
Elijah
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ObaKlaz: 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2022
YourHerbalOrgan:
apostle Paul
As in eehn...

The others were great, but Paul was just OUTSTANDING.
Deep down, I wish I could do just half of what he did for the kingdom of God, even though I'm such a sinner. cry cry cry
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
salem1996:

Thomas asked Jesus for proofs and got it. Probably you have been asking someone different and not Jesus. Learn to ask him for proofs and not someone else.
You reckon?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by baralatie(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
Brendaniel:
I can't say I have a favourite apostle, because when you read each of their stories, most of them had very unique events that shows the awesomeness of God in a different way from the other.,..
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ObaKlaz: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
CaveAdullam:
Maybe because he is popular, I have a fondness for the great Apostle Paul. I love him because of how nuanced his teachings were which is the reason many Christians still can't comprehend them even up to this moment.

It takes proper study to understand his teachings.

Sweet.
You're from RCN?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by baralatie(m): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
All apostles are great
None is greater than the other
If you read the stories of all the apostles you will see the dynamic power of God to use anybody

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Child's Innocence In This Morally Bankrupt World / Is It Right For A Church To Be Located In An Hotel Premises? / Have You Ever Fallen Under Anointing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.