Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? (14161 Views)

Did Jesus Have A Favourite Apostle? / The First Ever Female Apostle In West Africa. / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Racoon(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2022
Apostle Paul.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Jokerman(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2022
Paul

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by passyhansome(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
My second favourite apostle in the Bible is Stephen.

The reason is when he was being attacked by his enemies, he didn't pray for them to die as many Christians do today, instead he would follow the example of Jesus and instead pray for them to be forgiven.

So it wasn't surprising that Jesus who is said to be sitting on the right hand of God, was seen standing at the right hand of God on that particular moment.

Moreover his prayer may have been pivotal to Paul's conversion, because it may been an entirely different story had he not prayed for the forgiveness of his enemies, but for them all to die by fire as many Christians do today, so the apostle Paul who most of them claim to love may never have lived to have that encounter with Christ that would change his course for good and lead him to be used by God as he was.

It is the extent to which he reminds of Christ and followed His teachings that made him to be my second favourite apostle in the Bible.

God bless.

Spot on

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by code77(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2022
princechurchill:
Na my favorite be this

Honestly guy, you for allow St Paul to finish this his letter to the Church in Nigeria because e go make sense die considering the kind of unchristian actions am seeing in the Nigerian Church.

Anyway shall, that brief, but powerful introduction message got me laughing hard this Sunday morning.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by acjered: 9:18am On Oct 30, 2022
Prophet. Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by czarr(m): 9:23am On Oct 30, 2022
Paul and Stephen.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by jeromestarks: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2022
Apostle Paul for sure.
But my favorite bible character is King David.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by BusinessPlan22: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2022
Maynman:
wink

You think everything can be explained logically. Fool
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Maynman: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

You think everything can be explained logically. Fool

Somethings can be explained illogically for dummies like you.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by phemmyfour: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2022
None

It's childish and unchristian like comparing prophets/apostles. Infact no one is greater than the other in the kingdom

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Light78: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2022
Apostle Paul is prominent and well know.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by awakmfon03(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2022
damosky12:
This thread isn't in line with Christianity. The Christian isn't expected to have favourite apostles...

1 Corinthians 3:3-7
[3]For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
[4]For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
[5]Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
[6]I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
[7]So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

You are very correct, it's either the person who created this post is not a believer or the person has not been reading the Bible correctly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Love55freas(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2022
paul

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by sonssyo: 9:45am On Oct 30, 2022
Apostle Paul

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Fiscus105(m): 9:46am On Oct 30, 2022
When Jesus was going, he didn't hand over the ministry to his blood brother among his disciples, but here we are in naija, wen they are going, wife, brother, son takes over.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by CaveAdullam: 9:49am On Oct 30, 2022
Maybe because he is popular, I have a fondness for the great Apostle Paul. I love him because of how nuanced his teachings were which is the reason many Christians still can't comprehend them even up to this moment.

It takes proper study to understand his teachings.

Sweet.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Donmobi(m): 10:01am On Oct 30, 2022
I loved James, brother of our Lord God in Christ.
Dudes scriptures was down to earth, didn't mince words to appeal to a diverse audience. Said it as it was, in a series of flowery Do's and Don't's.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Emperordynasty: 10:02am On Oct 30, 2022
Apostle Peter

I relate with him
Not worthy but chosen
Not ready or equipped
But zealous to be used

Full of mistakes but ready to accept my mistakes and push on

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by cavreek: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2022
It was not credited if Paul the apostle had any wife but I must commend his determination and resilience

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by MikeofAfrica: 10:05am On Oct 30, 2022
damosky12:
This thread isn't in line with Christianity. The Christian isn't expected to have favourite apostles...

1 Corinthians 3:3-7
[3]For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
[4]For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
[5]Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
[6]I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
[7]So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

It is human nature to have favorites. Having a favorite will only become an issue if it causes division, jealousy and unhealthy competition.
Joseph was the favorite son of Jacob. It led to division and jealousy in his family. Apostle John was Jesus favorite disciple but it did not cause any division among His disciples.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 10:10am On Oct 30, 2022
Apostle Paul n philip
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Annahh(f): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2022
Apostle Paul, he had much revelatory knowledge and he was persecuted the most, the thorn of his flesh.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by damosky12(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

It is human nature to have favorites. Having a favorite will only become an issue if it causes division, jealousy and unhealthy competition.
Joseph was the favorite son of Jacob. It led to division and jealousy in his family. Apostle John was Jesus favorite disciple but it did not cause any division among His disciples.

Did you know that Jesus never taught nor showed that John was Jesus' favourite disciple. It's never in God's nature to be partial.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by fineboynl(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2022
Paul
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Brownshoe: 10:17am On Oct 30, 2022
Thomas, that's the Christian name I even gave myself
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by Shagbatshagba: 10:18am On Oct 30, 2022
wow.. this so lovely and interesting.
I learnt something today...no man is an island of knowledge

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by sholay2011(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2022
Paul and John the beloved.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2022
In the true history of isreal Jesus wasn't even recognized not to talk of him being the son of God.

Explain to me why 90% of the Jews still practice Judaism till date and why aren't they Christians.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2022
ezechi242:
In the true history of isreal Jesus wasn't even recognized not to talk of him being the son of God.

Explain to me why 90% of the Jews still practice Judaism till date and why aren't they Christians.

They are fake Jews.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 10:38am On Oct 30, 2022
blueAgent:

They are fake Jews.

I asked a question answer it....and I still don't know how 90% of jews are fake grin
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 10:44am On Oct 30, 2022
ezechi242:

I asked a question answer it....and I still don't know how 90% of jews are fake grin
From the get go on that video Chris has made the mistake and
confused Ashkenazi and Sephardic. Some but not all, married
Turkish people. He then states that Ashkenazi is a German word,
which it is not. He is right in that the book he reviews is wrong in
that they descended from Turkish people (where it’s a common
meme that Kharzars are Turkish or just Turkish)
The word Ashkenazi comes from:
10:2 The sons of JAPHETH; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and
Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
10:3 And the sons of Gomer; ASHKENAZ, and Riphath, and
Togarmah.
I.E. not Shem Semites, nor could be of Judah.
The land of Ashkenaz was here, http://www.israel-a-history-
of.com/sons-of-noah.html
First of all, the Zionists are NOT Semites, nor Israelites, nor
descendants of Judah,
The Zionists are counterfeit-Jews who have stolen the name Jew
(Judah) from its true owners and are falsely masquerading as the
descendants of Judah, when in reality they do not have one drop
of his blood in their veins.
They misquote the Bible by claiming that the Holy Land is theirs
because God gave it to the descendants of Jacob/Israel and his
son Judah, when they are not Judah’s descendants and thus their
claim is false and fraudulent.
The Zionists and 96% of modern so-called Jews are ASHKENAZI
(Ashke-Nazi) and are not descended from Shem (Sem-ites), but
from Japheth’s grandson Ashkenaz –
Genesis 10:1 Now these [are] the generations of the sons of
Noah, Shem (Sem-ites), Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were
sons born after the flood.
10:2 The sons of JAPHETH; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and
Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
10:3 And the sons of Gomer; ASHKENAZ, and Riphath, and
Togarmah.
In the time of Jesus, 2000 years ago, the inhabitants of
Jerusalem and Judaea, and their ruler king Herod, were Edomites
(sons of Esau not Jacob/Israel) and thus were counterfeit-Jews,
who had stolen the land from the “House of Judah” whilst the
House of Judah had been in slavery in Babylon and the Idumeans
were pretending to be Israelites when they were really Edomites
(Idumeans) - sons of Esau.
Jesus condemned them and warned the world against them in
Revelation 2:9 and 3:9.
Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but
thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they
are Jews, and are NOT, but [are] (Idumeans) the synagogue of
Satan.
3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which
say they are Jews, and are NOT, but do LIE (Idumeans); behold, I
will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know
that I have loved thee.
In the 8th century AD the Khazar nation descended from
Ashkenaz, who lived North of the Caucasian Mountains, well
outside the Holy Land, converted en-masse to Talmudic Judaism
and since then have inter-married with the Edomites and like the
Edomites falsely claim to be descendants of Jacob/Israel’s son
Judah.
(The Babylonians and the Romans are the same race with a new
name and country - note well New Covenant/Testament -
Revelation 17:5). They destroyed both the First and Second
Temples. They destroyed the First Temple as Babylonians (c.588
B.C.) and the Second Temple as Romans (70 A.D.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Info About Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria / What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? / Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.