Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly (33264 Views)

Twitter To Cover Legal Fees Of Users Treated Unfairly By Employers Over Posts / Musk: Twitter To Ditch Bird-logo / Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by tribalmall: 8:32am On Oct 31, 2022
This is so true not failures like Emefiele Ngige Onu n co

Mitsurugi:
It's fair, these verified users especially the influencers make a load of money.

People like Elon Musk are the reason I believe only successful businessmen should rule Nigeria and permeate its National Assembly. This is how a nation prospers.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Emman08: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2022
Man wants to get that $44 Billion back

Wait, how will some of these our hungry political "hacktivists" pay now?

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

I can never pay for social media, never
Lol, see you
People makes millions from Twitter monthly, how then do you think it will be a bad idea to pay to be verify
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Ifakiland(m): 8:34am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a business man, and that exactly what’s happening.
Your dad naim for buy am to make it better bah

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Cmanforall: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2022
Fira09:

SOURCE
People will start checking that who will unverified their accounts now grin
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by aieromon(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2022
obedience4:
Fake news..
Niarland and fake news be like 5 and 6..
Someone help me with that Zuma photo

https://nypost.com/2022/10/30/twitter-to-start-charging-20-a-month-for-verification-elon-musk-says/
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nsonaso(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2022
SmartPolician:

That's because you don't make money from it.

Facebook has over 2.3 active monthly users.

Where on earth do you expect to get that sort of exposure other than promoting your business to the global community?
Promotion is different.

What he mean is like paying money just to verify.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by matrixme(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2022
Omo, see beta business strategy! Opens the door, charge people almost nothing to enter, then they get high inside and can't leave, then pay higher to remain inside. If you want a free verified status, go to Koo. If it is still up and running, that is. Let your fans follow you there.
Seun are you thinking what I'm thinking? Sell Nairaland for me now pls. All these tribal bigots and insultive posts will come at a heavy cost. I won't even ban anybody. To post memes lasan, is 200 naira.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by SlyFoxx4Life: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2022
Good a real businessman is in charge now not all those political activists that were running the company previously. A company that has never turned a profit in over 16 years of existence. That’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Greenfaces: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a business man, and that exactly what’s happening.
It may be a bad decision in the long run. Hope he doesn't loose it all while trying to get more. Many great industries fell down due to poor management decisions.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by franchasofficia: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2022
This is what Seun ought to have done on Nairaland.

Monetize front page such that only paid posts and highly relevant posts hits the front page.

Then start a verified account on Nairaland too, and then make the verified users pay a certain year subscription and then add some benefits like:

verified users will qualify to have at least 5 of their threads on front page every month. So it is left for the verified user to submit his most relevant threads to the mods to the screen and select one to be pushed to the front page every week. Do this and watch throlls reduce on Nairaland.

Also verified users will have direct access to private message any member or mod directly without waiting for them to respond to their PM request.

Verified users must have their full details submitted and verified by Nairaland admins before an account can be verified.

Cc: Seun reach out to me let me share more monetization tips to you if interested

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:37am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

I’m 10 years or less, we’d all have to pay.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by matrixme(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
Oga you literally stole my idea and modified it. Mine came earlier
franchasofficia:
This is what Seun ought to have done on Nairaland.

Monetize front page such that only paid posts and highly relevant posts hits the front page.

Then start a verified account on Nairaland too, and then make the verified users pay a certain year subscription and then add some benefits like:

verified users will qualify to have at least 5 of their threads on front page every month. So it is left for the verified user to submit his most relevant threads to the mods to the screen and select one to be pushed to the front page every week. Do this and watch throlls reduce on Nairaland.

Also verified users will have direct access to private message any member or mod directly without waiting for them to respond to their PM request.

Verified users must have their full details submitted and verified by Nairaland admins before an account can be verified.

Cc: Seun reach out to me let me share more monetization tips to you if interested
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by obembet(f): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
SMJay:
grin Expect better services $20*800= =N=16,000 i.e about half of the minimum wage

16k is bigger na private school teacher salary o cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by riverbird: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
Verified people be like......

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Munzy14(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

If it puts food on your table, you will..cheesy

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by treatise: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

if you are into online marketing/business you would .
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Moh247: 8:39am On Oct 31, 2022
Elon musk is about to make serious money on people's insecurity and inferiority complex

People would shamefully pay just to feel among

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by SMJay: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2022
cheesy
obembet:

16k is bigger na private school teacher salary o cheesy
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Benrosaria(m): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2022
As long as Nigeria dont pay visible taxes, other nations will take control of all we do
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by MrPRevailer(m): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever

Where is his tweet?
Is this another fake news targeted at Elon Musk?
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by ceejayluv(m): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2022
SMJay:
grin Expect better services $20*800= =N=16,000 i.e about half of the minimum wage
It shouldn't be a problem for influencers with some revenue.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Skty: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

It's meant to separate the big fishes from small crayfish like u. This is how we go know guys wen get levels. By the time ur blue badge leaves, we troll u..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by CrownLands(m): 8:42am On Oct 31, 2022
RichDad1:
Twitter can charge verified accounts £100/month and guys will still pay…because If there’s anything I’ve learnt from Social media…People will pay ANY amount as long as they’re classified differently and appear to be in a higher class!!

You're right! Some people want to be in their own class. I remember how elitist people were with Mobile Networks back in the day. Now, whatever network you use don't matter anymore.

Blue Twitter....

7 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by WantsandMore: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2022
Wherever the information warfare flows Elon musk cashes out, smart move. Bump it.

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Ckonnet: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

He is a good businessman, been the world richest didn't come by speculation rather by taking good decision and churning out quality products. I would do the same If i where in his shoes. Atleast the blue mark should be accessible to all that have contents and are sure of what they want not just for some yeyebrities that abuse it. I waited for years for that to happen even though I merited it. Atleast this will eliminate delay.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

Run
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by SmartPolician: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2022
Nsonaso:

Promotion is different.

What he mean is like paying money just to verify.

Life is in stages. $20 is just #16k per month. That money is nothing to people and organisations that have that verification mark.

If he could afford it, he would pay without complaining. Abraham Maslow calls it the Hierarchy of Needs.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by ufuosman(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2022
2sec e go cash out billions of dollars
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Starz825(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2022
Nairaland now go dey charge money too....
You go wan comment like this or open thread.....

Flutterwave or paystack app go show...
Oya enter your card number....
Na 500 naira...

Na for there abuse for this platform go reduce drastically

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Ckonnet: 8:44am On Oct 31, 2022
Skty:

It's meant to separate the big fishes from small crayfish like u. This is how we go know guys wen get levels. By the time ur blue badge leaves, we troll u..

I swear not just crayfishes but some unfortunate bullies that thinks they are smarter than others. Money must be made!!
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by monex(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2022
RichDad1:
Twitter can charge verified accounts £100/month and guys will still pay…because If there’s anything I’ve learnt from Social media…People will pay ANY amount as long as they’re classified differently and appear to be in a higher class!!

aboslutely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The USB Power Adapter Charger I Bought In Gombe Today(pics) Advice pls! / Let's Show Off Phones Home Screens / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.