Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,210 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly (33244 Views)

Twitter To Cover Legal Fees Of Users Treated Unfairly By Employers Over Posts / Musk: Twitter To Ditch Bird-logo / Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lomprico(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2022
Nsonaso:

Promotion is different.

What he mean is like paying money just to verify.

To 'STAY or REMAIN' verified.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by IranianSea: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

I can never pay for social media, never
Same here. In fact I stopped using social media ( Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and co ) I'm only using WhatsApp. If WhatsApp start charging us, I will stop using it. I can never pay a dime for social media.

7 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by franchasofficia: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2022
matrixme:
Oga you literally stole my idea and modified it. Mine came earlier
Lol, I didn't even read any other post other than the first post from op.

Let me check what you posted, that will be a beautiful coincidence if true, let me take a look
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by MrJames007: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2022
That's not expensive na. undecided

They should make it 1000 bucks.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

till you started making money from social media bro.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by jojothaiv(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:

I'd stay forever unverified.

Some big guns may dump the poultry app, time will tell...
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by GENES11S: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2022
We too like free things for this country. That's why there is poverty everywhere.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by bluefilm: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a business man, and that exactly what’s happening.

So you'd rather prefer twitter continues to be censoring speech?
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lomprico(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
This is what Seun ought to have done on Nairaland.

Monetize front page such that only paid posts and highly relevant posts hits the front page.

Then start a verified account on Nairaland too, and then make the verified users pay a certain year subscription and then add some benefits like:

verified users will qualify to have at least 5 of their threads on front page every month. So it is left for the verified user to submit his most relevant threads to the mods to the screen and select one to be pushed to the front page every week. Do this and watch throlls reduce on Nairaland.

Also verified users will have direct access to private message any member or mod directly without waiting for them to respond to their PM request.

Verified users must have their full details submitted and verified by Nairaland admins before an account can be verified.

Cc: Seun reach out to me let me share more monetization tips to you if interested

Wetin concern you?

Seun don't listen to this one o! Politicians will take over Nairaland. That starting entrepreneur will not be able to push his thread to motivate or seek advice from nairalanders etc.

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by franchasofficia: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2022
matrixme:
Oga you literally stole my idea and modified it. Mine came earlier
I just read your earlier post on this topic as quoted below

matrixme:
Omo, see beta business strategy! Opens the door, charge people almost nothing to enter, then they get high inside and can't leave, then pay higher to remain inside. If you want a free verified status, go to Koo. If it is still up and running, that is. Let your fans follow you there.
Seun are you thinking what I'm thinking? Sell Nairaland for me now pls. All these tribal bigots and insultive posts will come at a heavy cost. I won't even ban anybody. To post memes lasan, is 200 naira.
Please how is this post related to what I commented earlier? Na wa oh shocked
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by DMerciful(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2022
It is not meant for you but people whose business depends on Twitter
Keeper101:

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lomprico(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2022
matrixme:
Omo, see beta business strategy! Opens the door, charge people almost nothing to enter, then they get high inside and can't leave, then pay higher to remain inside. If you want a free verified status, go to Koo. If it is still up and running, that is. Let your fans follow you there.
Seun are you thinking what I'm thinking? Sell Nairaland for me now pls. All these tribal bigots and insultive posts will come at a heavy cost. I won't even ban anybody. To post memes lasan, is 200 naira.

Try it and watch nairaland die slowly. Another programmer will create a new site that gives up what we enjoy on nairaland now and there will be mass migration.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by dyera(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2022
Viraltrends123:

This is verrrrry true, people like to feel bigger than others.

All those iphone 14 gangs, most of them they only call and chat on Whatsapp with that phone ooo, but will rather buy a 700k iphone to a 100k Redmi, why, just to feel bigger.

All those 200m Ferrari and Lambo, scam na all of them

Does this mean that anyone, even if you are not a celebrity or influencer, you can get the blue mark as long as you can pay $20 monthly. If it's so, turning the blue symbol to premium subscription will rubbish it's prestige.

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by emmyN(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a business man, and that exactly what’s happening.

The one running it before wasn't a businessman?
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Morphinne: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

Well $20/month won’t be a big deal to his targeted audience tho. Not everyone is verified on Twitter and I wonder why Jack didn’t monetize it. If you’re a celebrity and you desire to stand out to make sure some lowlifes don’t impersonate you, then paying that token shouldn’t be a big deal. Na Nigeria factor dey make cheap thing/service be like luxury. Someone even already calculated it to be 20x800 =16000 grin
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by emerged01(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2022
Verified users needs to pay because they are earning on the verified account. Some verified users will lose their account because they wont be able to maintained it.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2022
Please what does TWITTER Logo look like so I wouldn't download it?
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lhordspy: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2022
Mr seun mynd44 . This is a good business plan. You should try and learn one or two from this. The idea isnt a bad one. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by franchasofficia: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2022
lomprico:

Wetin concern you?

Seun don't listen to this one o! Politicians will take over Nairaland. That starting entrepreneur will not be able to push his thread to motivate or seek advice from nairalanders etc.
Seun can ignore if he created Nairaland as a community service and not to earn income and improve his life and that of his generation grin

I would have loved to buy Nairaland and change things myself if Seun puts it up for sale cos it has a lot of potentials waiting to be harnessed, but I guess Seun is satisfied with what he is getting from the forum so far, its cool still
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lomprico(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2022
dyera:

Does this mean that anyone, even if you are not a celebrity or influencer, you can get the blue mark as long as you can pay $20 monthly. If it's so, turning the blue symbol to premium subscription will rubbish it's prestige.

No! You get verified by the number of your followers, you can't buy followers. Once you are verified through the normal way, you will start paying the $20 to maintain your 'verified' status. The month you don't pay, the will remove that verified icon. And when you do they put it back.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lomprico(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
Seun can ignore if he created Nairaland as a community service and not to earn income and improve his life and that of his generation grin

I would have loved to buy Nairaland and change things myself if Seun puts it up for sale cos it has a lot of potentials waiting to be harnessed, but I guess Seun is satisfied with what he is getting from the forum so far, its cool still

And who told you seun isn't generating income as it is now. You think all the adverts you see here are free?
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lomprico(m): 8:58am On Oct 31, 2022
emerged01:
Verified users needs to pay because they are earning on the verified account. Some verified users will lose their account because they wont be able to maintained it.

Once you are verified you make way over the $20 bill every month. So that won't be a problem for them
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by franchasofficia: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2022
lomprico:

Try it and watch nairaland die slowly. Another programmer will create a new site that gives up what we enjoy on nairaland now and there will be mass migration.
Not true because Nigerians are one of the most stubborn and gullible people on earth that hate change, prefer old popular brands more than new improved brands.

That's why Nigerians don't support or vote unpopular politicians who aren't stinkingly rich contesting for elective positions in Nigeria cos they prefer aligning with popular old criminals that stole from them to younger unpopular people coming up with new, better ideas.

Once your brand or product is popular and old in Nigeria, whether you are doing things correctly or not, Nigerians will never leave your brand for a new brand offering better services.

In summary, nothing will make Nigerian youths abandon Nairaland except Nairaland website stops opening

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by cheaperstores: 9:00am On Oct 31, 2022
At $294 billion worth, Elon Musk is not ready to stop. Guy will go down as richest man for the next two decades.

AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN AROWOJOBE ESTATE MENDE MARYLAND

A very good land in a prime location in Arowojobe Estate Mende Maryland is available for sale. It is good for residential, commercial or mixed use property. Over 3,300sqm of land with good title document, survey plan and approved building plan

Make enquiries now and call Biodun on 08034060022.

Fira09:

SOURCE

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by franchasofficia: 9:01am On Oct 31, 2022
lomprico:

And who told you seun isn't generating income as it is now. You think all the adverts you see here are free?
I know he is making money from it, but who said making more money is a taboo?

Elon Musk is currently the richest man on earth yet he is thinking of how to make more money off Twitter that he just acquired grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Akharmony: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2022
Verifies user not regular. If the platform have giving the opportunity to mak more then i see no reason why you can gv back to the platform...

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Haymus007(m): 9:03am On Oct 31, 2022
Ehnn no be by force to use twitter nah

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nsonaso(m): 9:04am On Oct 31, 2022
lomprico:

To 'STAY or REMAIN' verified.

Yeah all the same.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lomprico(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2022
emmyN:

The one running it before wasn't a businessman?
No mind am. Peson just pocket $45 billion just like that and he thinks he dint pull a fantastic deal?. Make dem gimmi just $500k, my life don change forever.

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lomprico(m): 9:08am On Oct 31, 2022
Nsonaso:

Yeah all the same.

No, u made it sound like anybody who is not verified can pay the bill and be verified instantly.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Acidosis(m): 9:08am On Oct 31, 2022
Business owners should be able to pay.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by SwiftExchangeNG: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a businessman, and that's exactly what’s happening.
You know nothing about BUSINESS.

Go and check out the companies ELON MUSK founded. How the US GOVERNMENT pays him for contracts? That man is a genius. TWITTER is coming out of its poverty-stricken non-profiting enterprise. Do you think social media was designed for you to come on board and whine your licking mouth and socialize for free? It was designed as a business. whether you like it or not.

ELON is a genius. DEAL WITH IT.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / The USB Power Adapter Charger I Bought In Gombe Today(pics) Advice pls! / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.