Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,134 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly (33253 Views)

Twitter To Cover Legal Fees Of Users Treated Unfairly By Employers Over Posts / Musk: Twitter To Ditch Bird-logo / Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Beverages: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2022
Keeper101:
Paxful is celebrating it's 7th year by giving you the chance to win exclusive Paxful goodies!

Prize: $15,000
Winners: All Valid Paxful Users

Visit https://paxful.com to get started

Guy, u get up to 60 alternate accounts or how are you able to gather all this likes?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Blazebond(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2022
This is a good move if it is true,it would bring income Into company,I expect other social media platforms to follow this.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by gbengalawal: 9:10am On Oct 31, 2022
[I think is a good ideas as a business man, people with veryfied account makes a lot of money by advertising many stuffsquote author=Iliveforever post=118007419]Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a business man, and that exactly what’s happening.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Sweetvie: 9:12am On Oct 31, 2022
That's business grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Triangles1(m): 9:15am On Oct 31, 2022
Fireboy02:

Are u verified?

Yes, verified confirmed.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nsonaso(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2022
SmartPolician:

Life is in stages. $20 is just #16k per month. That money is nothing to people and organisations that have that verification mark.

If he could afford it, he would pay without complaining. Abraham Maslow calls it the Hierarchy of Needs.
The bolded makes me laugh. There are things people consider wasteful, not because they cannot afford them.

So brother forget stage matter, like Peter Obi shoe that cost £59. To you he hasn't gotten to the stage in life to buy £200 shoe.

And for the $20 I spend More than that monthly running Instagram and Facebook ads for my business.

To spend that money for some useless verification is wasteful for me.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by emmydee(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a business man, and that exactly what’s happening.
Then a new messaging platform will spring up and people will ditch Twitter. It is as simple as that.

Imagine if WhatsApp begins to charge monthly subscription outside what we have today.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Morphinne: 9:18am On Oct 31, 2022
emerged01:
Verified users needs to pay because they are earning on the verified account. Some verified users will lose their account because they wont be able to maintained it.
You’re right, they need to pay. You can’t request to stand out among the crowd without paying for it but @bolded won’t happen trust me and you will notice that in the coming days, more influential people will be joining and active on Twitter and that’s human psychology at play because humans love to be seen and be treated as being special and this is the same market strategy that Apple and premium car makers have been using for decades. Some phones manufacturers like Oppo also tried to adopt this Apple strategy but failed woefully because they thought it’s just about slapping hefty price tags on pieces of plastics and LCD screens grin forgetting that this other company they are mimicking make use of premium hardwares for their products which make them expensive but not overpriced.
Same will apply to Twitter, this will make it a more premium platform and will be seen as such and this alone will make more people to start requesting for that blue badge because humans naturally love being seen as doing better than others. Leaving the site will make people see you as being broke or stingy.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by drakeli: 9:19am On Oct 31, 2022
RichDad1:
Twitter can charge verified accounts £100/month and guys will still pay…because If there’s anything I’ve learnt from Social media…People will pay ANY amount as long as they’re classified differently and appear to be in a higher class!!
Exactly my thought. Even many people with the blue chech mark would still cough out the fee even when they don’t have it to keep their fake affluence status and lifestyle on social media. Even the rich like Davido would still pay to not appear broke over $20 to their fans.

The move just made the blue check mark just desirable. A new social media class just created.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nsonaso(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2022
lomprico:

No, u made it sound like anybody who is not verified can pay the bill and be verified instantly.
Oh sorry
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Dshocker(m): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2022
Problem
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Dshocker(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2022
mooremoney:
Nigerians influencers will leave the app for him. An Igbo man has taken over Twitter

Don't be surprised in few years time, Nigeria will have the highest number of verified handle.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by millionboi(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2022
Gkemz:
For people who tweet or has time for it.
na dia wahala
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by SmartPolician: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2022
Nsonaso:

The bolded makes me laugh. There things people consider wasteful, not because they cannot afford them.

So brother forget stage matter, like Peter Obi shoe that cost £59. To you he hasn't gotten to the stage in life to buy £200 shoe.

And for the $20 I spend More than that monthly running Instagram and Facebook ads for my business.

To spend that money for some useless verification is wasteful for me.

Peter Obi doesn't think like the rest of us...that's why he is different and an asset to Nigeria's political space. Do a survey of people in power who are rich and still live the kind of lifestyle he lives, then you will understand why he is unique. You cannot use him as a yardstick here, sir.

People work hard to lead a rich lifestyle. Once they have arrived, the most important thing that matters is their self-esteem. This is what Twitter is using on people. And yes, even the Peter Obi you mentioned will pay for it because that money is nothing to him.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by emerged01(m): 9:27am On Oct 31, 2022
Morphinne:

You’re right, they need to pay. You can’t request to stand out among the crowd without paying for it but @bolded won’t happen trust me and you will notice that in the coming days, more influential people will be joining and active on Twitter and that’s human psychology at play because humans love to be seen and be treated as being special and this is the same market strategy that Apple and premium car makers have been using for decades. Some phones manufacturers like Oppo also tried to adopt this Apple strategy but failed woefully because they thought it’s just about slapping hefty price tags on pieces of plastics and LCD screens grin forgetting that this other company they are mimicking make use of premium hardwares for their products which make them expensive but not overpriced.
Same will apply to Twitter, this will make it a more premium platform and will be seen as such and this alone will make more people to start requesting for that blue badge because humans naturally love being seen as doing better than others. Leaving the site will make people see you as being broke or stingy.
You are right! This bring back the memory of hierarchy of motivation theory thought in school grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by IMASTEX: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2022
RichDad1:
Twitter can charge verified accounts £100/month and guys will still pay…because If there’s anything I’ve learnt from Social media…People will pay ANY amount as long as they’re classified differently and appear to be in a higher class!!
Exactly, Nigerians rank very high on this table, iOS & android war come to mind.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by bluefilm: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
This is what Seun ought to have done on Nairaland.

Monetize front page such that only paid posts and highly relevant posts hits the front page.

Then start a verified account on Nairaland too, and then make the verified users pay a certain year subscription and then add some benefits like:

verified users will qualify to have at least 5 of their threads on front page every month. So it is left for the verified user to submit his most relevant threads to the mods to the screen and select one to be pushed to the front page every week. Do this and watch throlls reduce on Nairaland.

Also verified users will have direct access to private message any member or mod directly without waiting for them to respond to their PM request.

Verified users must have their full details submitted and verified by Nairaland admins before an account can be verified.

Cc: Seun reach out to me let me share more monetization tips to you if interested

Why don't you start your own Nairaland and do it na?

Everybody knows how to advice others on how to run their businesses but cannot start or run their own business.

Nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by cerpvad(m): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin
AlafinofEnugu:
Zombiedient should start contributing for obi to keep him online since he no dey give shishi grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Tapout(m): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2022
Lol...As expected.

Na Now we sabi celebrity wey get money grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by cerpvad(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2022
grin grin grin
bluefilm:

Everybody knows how to advice others on how to run their businesses but cannot start or run their own business.

Nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by colossus91(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2022
Yes supported l, they cannot be getting verified for nothing!!
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Devil1Messenger: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2022
bonechamberlain:
Well most people with the verified tag should be able to afford it.
Reno will not able to afford it for long
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by sharpwriter(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
I know he is making money from it, but who said making more money is a taboo?

Elon Musk is currently the richest man on earth yet he is thinking of how to make more money off Twitter that he just acquired grin

He's thinking of making more money off Twitter coz he jux lost whooping sum of $44 billion.... No be child's play baba cheesy
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by AfroKnight: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2022
This guy had better not fail in this business o. Cos the backlash will be huge. $20 is not too much for those with blue ticks to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Devil1Messenger: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2022
bobbiiee:
Another social media rival will spring up. Its a matter of time. There will be a close or better substitute.
Like Garba Adamu cowrie abi grin
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2022
Yap, I said it! Very soon we shall be paying monthly fees to use Twitter, Facebook and the likes.
Just as YouTube allowed free video downloads up till 2020, and stopped it, so shall all free content cease.

Probably paying monthly fees to breath oxygen in Nigeria, as some contractors on this forum already have the contract.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by millionboi(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2022
Anonanon:

Lol, see you
People makes millions from Twitter monthly, how then do you think it will be a bad idea to pay to be verify
thy are people who don't make millions from it,so those are the ones to stop.

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2022
colossus91:
Yes supported l, they cannot be getting verified for nothing!!

Verified or not you will pay monthly access fee that's the ultimate goal, musk is setting the standard for others to follow.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by franchasofficia: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2022
bluefilm:

Nonsense. angry
Lolz, its true na, not everybody knows how to start a new business but expert in expanding existing businesses, no be juju be that shocked cheesy
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by franchasofficia: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2022
sharpwriter:

He's thinking of making more money off Twitter coz he jux lost whooping sum of $44 billion.... No be child's play baba cheesy
hahahahahaha, mhen no be small money. That money can buy a state in Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by bluefilm: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
Lolz, its true na, not everybody knows how to start a new business but expert in expanding existing businesses, no be juju be that shocked cheesy

Na you sabi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Bluetooth Speaker Should I Buy? / The USB Power Adapter Charger I Bought In Gombe Today(pics) Advice pls! / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.