Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly (33221 Views)

Twitter To Cover Legal Fees Of Users Treated Unfairly By Employers Over Posts / Musk: Twitter To Ditch Bird-logo / Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by vickydevoka(m): 11:04am On Oct 31, 2022
CrazyCrane:
People will love to pay just to fit in
Collect kiss abeg. You too get sense. My iPhone subscription still the pain me. Who send me go buy iPhone 13. Android do make life easy
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Stanleyq: 11:04am On Oct 31, 2022
seanwilliam:

Lol. So u expect everything to be free ?
Yes, Nigeria govt, the country that is very wealthy, but we do not benefit from our wealth, only them benefit, if they cant pay us monthly as others do, let them place subsidy on things like the social media, which i know, the philippine govt did it for us some years back, why cant we today benefit from anything in nig.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 31, 2022
millionboi:
thy are people who don't make millions from it,so those are the ones to stop.
Then those kinda people don't have business with blue tag ,it's a simple logic.

Moreover it's not compulsory you have the blue tag.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by OvertheTop(m): 11:23am On Oct 31, 2022
matrixme:
Omo, see beta business strategy! Opens the door, charge people almost nothing to enter, then they get high inside and can't leave, then pay higher to remain inside. If you want a free verified status, go to Koo. If it is still up and running, that is. Let your fans follow you there.
Seun are you thinking what I'm thinking? Sell Nairaland for me now pls. All these tribal bigots and insultive posts will come at a heavy cost. I won't even ban anybody. To post memes lasan, is 200 naira.

Everybody Go Run go Linda ikeji Blog....

chikena!
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by 9jaBloke: 11:26am On Oct 31, 2022
RichDad1:
Twitter can charge verified accounts £100/month and guys will still pay…because If there’s anything I’ve learnt from Social media…People will pay ANY amount as long as they’re classified differently and appear to be in a higher class!!

Not just social media, society generally.

“The history of all hitherto existing societies is the history of class struggles."

If you understand this as a unique service provider, you'll make money and stay wealthy.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by lukency(m): 11:26am On Oct 31, 2022
Pls what is the benefit of having a varfied twitter handle.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Bigchristo: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2022
Fira09:

SOURCE
Before they can verify your page just know you’re worth more than $20 in a month so it’s nothing
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by olametrix(m): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2022
The only advice I will give the wise 1nc is to go and stock dogecoin and keep it

Then wait for few years to be a millionaire
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by SocialJustice: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a business man, and that exactly what’s happening.
Must you have blue tick?
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

YouTube still allows free video downloads. undecided

No they dont.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by DonroxyII: 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
wink2015:
$20 dollars is a big money in Nigeria going by the exchange rate of N700 to a $1.

Many Nigerian will run away from the monthly subscription by closing their account.

They will go for facebook, whatsapp, instagram, snapchat, tiktok

NA Now we go know who be who grin Na around 14k NA Monthly ... Going By Present Ruling Rate :
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by bonechamberlain(m): 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Reno will not able to afford it for long
you are right, especially if Dubai man doesn't win.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by DonroxyII: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
This is what Seun ought to have done on Nairaland.

Monetize front page such that only paid posts and highly relevant posts hits the front page.

Then start a verified account on Nairaland too, and then make the verified users pay a certain year subscription and then add some benefits like:

verified users will qualify to have at least 5 of their threads on front page every month. So it is left for the verified user to submit his most relevant threads to the mods to the screen and select one to be pushed to the front page every week. Do this and watch throlls reduce on Nairaland.

Also verified users will have direct access to private message any member or mod directly without waiting for them to respond to their PM request.

Verified users must have their full details submitted and verified by Nairaland admins before an account can be verified.

Cc: Seun reach out to me let me share more monetization tips to you if interested
You shaa Wan Crash this Site Abi ... If Not For Weyrey and Nigerianess Nairaland would have gone extinct Teytey ....

She is just a Site Representing Nigerian Street and Daily Nigerian Life ... Connect to Nairaland and Feel at Home(Nigeria) from Anywhere around the world with www.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by einsteine(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
This is what Seun ought to have done on Nairaland.

Monetize front page such that only paid posts and highly relevant posts hits the front page.

Then start a verified account on Nairaland too, and then make the verified users pay a certain year subscription and then add some benefits like:

verified users will qualify to have at least 5 of their threads on front page every month. So it is left for the verified user to submit his most relevant threads to the mods to the screen and select one to be pushed to the front page every week. Do this and watch throlls reduce on Nairaland.

Also verified users will have direct access to private message any member or mod directly without waiting for them to respond to their PM request.

Verified users must have their full details submitted and verified by Nairaland admins before an account can be verified.

Cc: Seun reach out to me let me share more monetization tips to you if interested

You assume Seun is interested in removing trolls or making more money. He is extremely comfortable with where Nairaland is at the moment.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kazim88:
Since Elon Musk took over, the media and many woke trolls have creating multiple fake news.

Instead of reporting News or Fact, they are reporting speculations.

"He wants to", "He plans to".... How did they know, were they are the meeting or in his head.

Why not wait and see what he does or leave the platform and go to truth social.

Can you define woke? Many of you just parrot American right wingers? Do you think that the people who use the word woke ,like people like you?

No they are right wingers and nativitists and justify the colonisation of Africa

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Yoighaman(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
AlafinofEnugu:
Zombiedient should start contributing for obi to keep him online since he no dey give shishi grin

Thief$nubu will also contribute grin
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
dawnomike:
A business man has taken over... expect hike in subscriptions with better services

Higher prices dont guarantee better services.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Fireboy02: 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
Triangles1:

Yes, verified confirmed.
Hmm
U are a celebrity
Pls help me
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Triangles1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2022
Fireboy02:

Hmm
U are a celebrity
Pls help me

Help come only from God, me self need help
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by fxexperts: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
matrixme:

But Alas, it's not so practical. Nairaland has built reputation and followership over the years that will take a lot from hard work to get such recognition from a new programmer. It's not just about graphical interface and premium features for free.
If not that Seun is always on Twitter fighting with everybody, if he continued with the same tempo here he started with, we will have Nairaland at top 10 websites in the world now.
So Seun get account for twitter?
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Obidient4life3: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
mooremoney:
Nigerians influencers will leave the app for him. An Igbo man has taken over Twitter
If Una never mention Igbo, una joy can never be complete!
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by mankan2k7(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2022
Dem no born me born Twitter abeg
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Viraltrends123: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nsonaso:

The bolded makes me laugh. There are things people consider wasteful, not because they cannot afford them.

So brother forget stage matter, like Peter Obi shoe that cost £59. To you he hasn't gotten to the stage in life to buy £200 shoe.

And for the $20 I spend More than that monthly running Instagram and Facebook ads for my business.

To spend that money for some useless verification is wasteful for me.
hi, can we talk about the Facebook ads. What's the process. Which account do you uses?
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by truthCoder: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
Beverages:

Guy, u get up to 60 alternate accounts or how are you able to gather all this likes?

Seems they are plenty.

I dont know why seun is not making security on Nairaland tighter.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Ashirioluwa: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Iliveforever:
Lol

When I said Elon musk taking over Twitter isn’t a good idea because I was sure he would MONETIZE it as a business man, and that exactly what’s happening.

But remember twitter is not a charity organization but a business one. You need money to keep business organization rolling
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by OvertheTop(m): 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
SmartPolician:

Life is in stages. $20 is just #16k per month. That money is nothing to people and organisations that have that verification mark.

If he could afford it, he would pay without complaining. Abraham Maslow calls it the Hierarchy of Needs .

You are Right....

if one is still Struggling for Self-Actualization ,
One won't be able to pay much attention to Esteem (Recognition, status)

1 Like

Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Fireboy02: 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
Triangles1:

Help come only from God, me self need help
Ahh
U be baba
200k is enough for me.
I can still help in any way u need.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by OvertheTop(m): 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
GENES11S:
We too like free things for this country. That's why there is poverty everywhere.

Can you Pay bills from an Empty Pocket?
Water will Always Find its Level....

Ask those with iPhone 14 that load 100 Naira Recharge Card. twice a week grin
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by OvertheTop(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
lomprico:

Try it and watch nairaland die slowly. Another programmer will create a new site that gives up what we enjoy on nairaland now and there will be mass migration.

Exactly....
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by OvertheTop(m): 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
franchasofficia:
Seun can ignore if he created Nairaland as a community service and not to earn income and improve his life and that of his generation grin

I would have loved to buy Nairaland and change things myself if Seun puts it up for sale cos it has a lot of potentials waiting to be harnessed, but I guess Seun is satisfied with what he is getting from the forum so far, its cool still

Oga Sir, Go and Create Your own Forum....
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by Triangles1(m): 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
Fireboy02:

Ahh
U be baba
200k is enough for me.
I can still help in any way u need.

Don't ask for fish ask for how to catch the fish.
Re: Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly by OvertheTop(m): 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
emmydee:

Then a new messaging platform will spring up and people will ditch Twitter. It is as simple as that.

Imagine if WhatsApp begins to charge monthly subscription outside what we have today.

WhatsApp might Monitize Later....
Cheek your WhatsApp Settings....You will see what i mean

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The USB Power Adapter Charger I Bought In Gombe Today(pics) Advice pls! / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / Tecno M5 Specifications And Features Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.