Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment (264922 Views)

Premium Trust 2022 Graduate Trainee Program: Apply / Firstbank 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment: Aptitude Test Invitation / 2022 Graduate Trainee Program At Sterling Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AJCA: 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Is the cover letter marked as Mandatory?

No sir
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
AJCA:

No sir

I guess you have an answer to your original question then
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Cenmen: 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I expect new GTs to resume in September or October next year. The 2013 recruitment was an outlier. Applications opened in November 2013, and GTs resumed in September 2017.

Regarding pay difference between engineering and business graduates, there is a small, repeat, small difference in pay with engineers earning slightly more. This is due to allowances they get for living in remote Bonny. Basic pay and all other allowances are the same across board of I remember correctly.

Nice work airsaylongcome
Drop in global price of crude
Ebola in 2014
Election in 1st quarter of 2015 (Interestingly there would also be elections early next year. Not expected to cause any delays, though)...

These listed above caused the delays for the last Graduate trainee recruitment. Really an outlier.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Vanree: 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2022
Please for those that get to work in Nlng's business unit, where do they work from? PH. or Lagos
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2022
Cenmen:

Nice work airsaylongcome
Drop in global price of crude
Ebola in 2014
Election in 1st quarter of 2015 (Interestingly there would also be elections early next year. Not expected to cause any delays, though)...

These listed above caused the delays for the last Graduate trainee recruitment. Really an outlier.

Completely forgot that Ebola wrecked havoc on the process in 2014. But this is where I can say NLNG is a straight honest business. Many other businesses would have easily canceled the entire process purely for Ebola. But they did not. Kept us informed and pulled it through. It was a long wait but in the end was good as GTs had bonded for years such that when we were resuming we knew each other very well. I remember we attended someone's wedding while waiting for PEME. Even had another hangout after Offers dropped. We had someone who did his IT with NLNG and was getting small small information based on the relationship he built while there. It was really fun days man. Had a Telegram group were we "met" every morning (we called it the stadium). Once the guy comes with updates, stadium dey full die. Everyone will just be dropping questions for him to assist. It was heady....kai. Then when offer dropped some brains froze! People were going to earn more than their managers were they were working before NLNG. Someone even said that her manager told her "Abeg if there is any opening there let me know o"

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
Vanree:
Please for those that get to work in Nlng's business unit, where do they work from? PH. or Lagos

NLNG employees work from PH or Bonny. Most Business guys in PH, most Engineers in Bonny. A small team (mostly Business) works from Abuja. An even smaller team works from London. There is a tiny Lagos operations but it is a transit office. There were staff who flew into PH on Monday morning and flew out on Friday evening back to Lagos. Personally, I advise that you have your mind set on living in Rivers State. NLNG are at the vanguard of having oil and gas companies headquartered in the South South. So for example they were building a new head office in Port back when I was with them. And the structure I saw them building did not in anyway indicate that they plan to leave PH soon

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AJCA: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

NLNG employees work from PH or Bonny. Most Business guys in PH, most Engineers in Bonny. A small team (mostly Business) works from Abuja. An even smaller team works from London. There is a tiny Lagos operations but it is a transit office. There were staff who flew into PH on Monday morning and flew out on Friday evening back to Lagos. Personally, I advise that you have your mind set on living in Rivers State. NLNG are at the vanguard of having oil and gas companies headquartered in the South South. So for example they were building a new head office in Port back when I was with them. And the structure I saw them building did not in anyway indicate that they plan to leave PH soon

Wow and here I was, thinking I can work in Abuja
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Vanree: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Thank you
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2022
AJCA:

Wow and here I was, thinking I can work in Abuja

Are you in Engineering? If yes, forget about Abuja. Three GTs from the last recruitment were working from Abuja. All of them Business. Don't worry about that just yet. Focus on preparing for the test. You will always be able to relocate to PH or Bonny fairly easily. Many of the GTs were able to sort out accommodation within weeks of getting to PH. Bonny folks get to live the RA in Bonny with access to all the amenities it provides.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nikuchi: 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2022
BunbleBee:
Check the first page for your answer.
I have completed my profile on the portal but however, It shows this message whenever I login

The publication period is over. You can no longer apply
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by BunbleBee: 9:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nikuchi:

I have completed my profile on the portal but however, It shows this message whenever I login

The publication period is over. You can no longer apply

Check Page 7. Therein lies your answer.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Anonz: 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Good day airsaylongcome, I enjoy reading your responses and I’m kinda interested in your story. If you don’t mind me asking, i know it’s personal but I just want to know. Why did you leave NLNG. Is it lack of job satisfaction? Did you japa? Left for an IOC that pays better? Started your own business? Bored and needed a new challenge? Is it the corporate culture? Perhaps toxic workplace? Is it about growth (promotions and stuff)? Got a government appointment perhaps?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 11:42pm On Nov 14, 2022
Anonz:

Good day airsaylongcome, I enjoy reading your responses and I’m kinda interested in your story. If you don’t mind me asking, i know it’s personal but I just want to know. Why did you leave NLNG. Is it lack of job satisfaction? Did you japa? Left for an IOC that pays better? Started your own business? Bored and needed a new challenge? Is it the corporate culture? Perhaps toxic workplace? Is it about growth (promotions and stuff)? Got a government appointment perhaps?

Lol! I knew this question was going to arise. I will just say it was for very personal reasons I cannot go into in such a public forum. But No I did not japa.

While I was there, a number of staff complained about a lack of headroom in the business, so quite a few people got stuck at their levels for long periods. But as they always said, when the alert enter (and it was in millions) your body go calm down.

Looking at the trajectory my career has taken now, I kind of think it was a good thing I left as I have more freedom in terms of what I can and cannot do. I work in the US Telecoms industry now and it's unbelievable what they are able to achieve there with very basic stuff. In NLNG I wold have been in Contracts/Purchasing/Supply Chain. Would I have been happy there doing that? I don't know but I can almost say I am happier doing what I presently do

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Wisdommyth: 12:53am On Nov 15, 2022
Thanks for been open, brother. You have been very helpful to everyone here. I guess this is one of the purpose of nairaland forum. I pray I succeed in the application. I have written an SHL test before, but I guess this is going to be a tough one.
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I knew this question was going to arise. I will just say it was for very personal reasons I cannot go into in such a public forum. But No I did not japa.

While I was there, a number of staff complained about a lack of headroom in the business, so quite a few people got stuck at their levels for long periods. But as they always said, when the alert enter (and it was in millions) your body go calm down.

Looking at the trajectory my career has taken now, I kind of think it was a good thing I left as I have more freedom in terms of what I can and cannot do. I work in the US Telecoms industry now and it's unbelievable what they are able to achieve there with very basic stuff. In NLNG I wold have been in Contracts/Purchasing/Supply Chain. Would I have been happy there doing that? I don't know but I can almost say I am happier doing what I presently do
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Ladygracy: 3:57am On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Are you in Engineering? If yes, forget about Abuja. Three GTs from the last recruitment were working from Abuja. All of them Business. Don't worry about that just yet. Focus on preparing for the test. You will always be able to relocate to PH or Bonny fairly easily. Many of the GTs were able to sort out accommodation within weeks of getting to PH. Bonny folks get to live the RA in Bonny with access to all the amenities it provides.
What about married peeps though.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AJCA: 7:30am On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Oh I see.. Good day, well, I am in arts and humanities, I don't know if it is under business.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AJCA: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Also sir, where will those in arts and humanities work in? Is it human resources management, business etc?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AJCA: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Sir, if I may ask, please, what are we to expect in NLNG graduate virtual career fair sir? I have not attended a virtual one before.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AJCA: 7:47am On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Sir, if I may ask, please, what are we to expect in NLNG graduate virtual career fair sir? I have not attended a virtual one before.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by donbee(m): 9:08am On Nov 15, 2022
After submitting my application I couldn't get confirmation mail as others got. Please any help on this?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2022
Ladygracy:
What about married peeps though.

What would you like to know about them? During my time, there were a handful of married ladies with children. They were given two (or was it three?) bedroom apartments for the duration of training in Bonny. Singles got a one bedroom apartment. All rooms air-conditioned with a cooking area. All Bonny staff are guaranteed accommodation in the RA. I don't think there's any staff in Bonny that lives outside the RA. If you have to work from PH, you are going to have to look for accomodation yourself. Many staff live in some of the more secure Estates in PH. As an NLNG staff, you'd learn to go incognito. For months many of us just said "I'm selling has for one company in Port Harcourt"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2022
AJCA:

Also sir, where will those in arts and humanities work in? Is it human resources management, business etc?

There are a plethora of non-engineerng roles available in NLNG. Like NLNG literally hires ANY field of study. Remember, it's a trainee role. You are going to have on-the-job-training over a space of 3 years I believe. So "arts and humanities" grads don't need to fret, there's ample space for them

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Anonz: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Wow that’s interesting, thank you for sharing. I’m glad you’re enjoying your new job and I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Wisdommyth: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2022
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by BunbleBee: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2022
Wisdommyth:
I will be attending the virtual career fair this afternoon. Anyone here planning to come on ? I am really passionate about the liquified natural gas industry and I pray I will be able to get in. My passion for the sector started from secondary school where I was one of the best students in Chemistry-represented my school then in chemistry Olympiad. I remember the gas laws and equation (Boyles, Charlse law, etc) Now I have graduated with distinction, I hope this will be a dream come through.
lol and the Money too.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
Wisdommyth:
I will be attending the virtual career fair this afternoon. Anyone here planning to come on ? I am really passionate about the liquified natural gas industry and I pray I will be able to get in. My passion for the sector started from secondary school where I was one of the best students in Chemistry-represented my school then in chemistry Olympiad. I remember the gas laws and equation (Boyles, Charlse law, etc) Now I have graduated with distinction, I hope this will be a dream come through.

Lol! Why is your passion about Natural Gas and not say Nitrogen gas. Why is it about Liquefied Natural Gas and not say Compressed Natural Gas?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Wisdommyth: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
BunbleBee:
lol and the Money too.

Lol. Trust me, I am not entirely blinded by money. I always wanted to be a chemical engineer out of pure passion. Though its good if you can make a living from something you love.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ManAdii: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2022
Abeg after the career fair make una come update us here with relevant information. As I deyvlike this now I no get data for streaming.

Thanks
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by jasonex4(m): 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2022
About the career fair, there is a session currently ongoing for those who have challenges with the application process

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AJCA: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
Those who did not get the application success mail should re apply, your application was not successful.

For those who have not finished NYSC, you will attach your call up letter. You can apply

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ManAdii: 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
Keep updating us guys.

Thanks
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AJCA: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2022
Recruitment process.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (95) (Reply)

Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18 / List Of Genuine And Proven Recruitment Agencies.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.