Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment (264907 Views)

Premium Trust 2022 Graduate Trainee Program: Apply / Firstbank 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment: Aptitude Test Invitation / 2022 Graduate Trainee Program At Sterling Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by rhodman: 4:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
I saw the fair from youtube.

For those that joined live on zoom, what happened in the break out sessions (the booth)?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by jasonex4(m): 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
1. There is a provision to withdraw your application and reapply

2. If you did not submit your primary school certificate, as long as the other details are accurate, there is no cause for alarm

3. You can use your call-up letter and your primary school testimonial in place of your nysc certificate and primary school certificate respectively

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Princejoshee1: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
Who about those that used statement of results to apply
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Wisdommyth: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
AJCA:
Recruitment process.

Just finished from the virtual career fair as well. Was nice meeting the team. I had the opportunity to as Mr Peter (a chemical engineer in the engineering breakout room 1) a question on production.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by JobbyGuy: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
jasonex4:

2. If you did not submit your primary school certificate, as long as the other details are accurate, there is no cause for alarm

3. You can use your call-up letter and your primary school testimonial in place of your nysc certificate and primary school certificate respectively
Can't see anywhere to withdraw on the portal
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Rejohyce: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2022
I have not served, I'm yet to serve (this month), can I still apply? I mean can I apply without the NYSC completion cert?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Kristinnee(f): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2022
The session was really enlightening and offered some clarity to the whole application process.

Affidavits can suffice for documents that aren't readily available to be uploaded at this time.

A testimonial can also be used in lieu of a FSLC. While it was not explicitly stated, I'm certain a statement of result can also be used in the absence of a certificate.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Kristinnee(f): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2022
Rejohyce:
I have not served, I'm yet to serve (this month), can I still apply? I mean can I apply without the NYSC completion cert?

If you have your call up letter, I think you can. Otherwise, I hope you get your call up letter by the 22nd.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
Nice one AJCA and jasonex4 for sharing your experiences at the fair. Would be nice if others also shared their experiences so everyone can learn. Our "virtual career fair" experience was from the 2007 GT thread here on Nairaland, so definitely you guys are well positioned to have been able to interact with current staff. I wish you all luck.

My singular advice to appropriately prepare is to do just that, PREPARE! When I was studying, I literally Googled a lot. What kind of assessment SHL has for graduates. One of my "sweetest" resource was a website called Assessmentday.co.uk. They have a very good bank of "SHL Style questions". I paid for access to these questions. There ARE NOT the exact questions you'd find in the exam. But they give you plenty materials that are similar to what you'd see. I REPEAT, THEY ARE NOT SHL PAST QUESTIONS. I printed out all of the question papers (I had access to "free" printing at work so it was kind of free for me to print them). Everyday after work, I took each question, sat on a table, set a timer, had a good calculator and basically created exam conditions for myself. And I raced through the questions. It was tough o. Cos while I'm a Computer Science grad, some of the Maths questions caught be "offside". Like I thought I knew how to solve them but when I started solving them I was heading to Ghana when I should have been heading to London. Several mis-fires. But after each "exam", I reviewed the solution pack. And started learning the "techniques" for facing these questions. Some questions you didn't even have to solve. You could basically use fractional identities and "mathematical tricks" that simplify the questions. For example, if a figure increased by 20%, instead of calculating 20% of the figure and adding to the original figure, just multiply the original figure by 1.2 and you are straight at the answer in one step instead of two steps. Those seconds saved are very crucial in setting out the intelligent guys from the "smart" guys.

PS: I do not work for assessmentday.co.uk, neither do I earn any money from them. I just mention them because they were a very good resource for me. They may not be a good resource for everyone. So do not take me mentioning them as any form of endorsement of their offering.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
Rejohyce:

Following is my personal opinion

If you have a call up letter, I'd say apply. No need to rule yourself out if you have an opportunity to put your hat in the ring. But my worry for you is whether you'd be qualified to resume. I expect this process to be wrapped up within a year. If you haven't started serving yet, it means you may not have finished serving by September next year when I believe (no concrete information about this) new GTs would be resuming. But hey, if you are an excellent candidate with high flying performance during the recruitment, maybe just maybe the business may allow you to finish up service and resume.

None of this is based on any concrete Intel. But NLNG is a very caring company and I believe they would be flexible enough for the right candidate.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ExpertNLer: 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
Did they say anything about the password issue?
jasonex4:

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ExpertNLer: 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2022
Was this info from the recruitment team?
jasonex4:

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Rejohyce: 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2022
Registration is yet to begin on the 18th, maybe I should just go ahead apply without it, is that ok?
Kristinnee:

If you have your call up letter, I think you can. Otherwise, I hope you get your call up letter by the 22nd.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Rejohyce: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Following is my personal opinion

If you have a call up letter, I'd say apply. No need to rule yourself out if you have an opportunity to put your hat in the ring. But my worry for you is whether you'd be qualified to resume. I expect this process to be wrapped up within a year. If you haven't started serving yet, it means you may not have finished serving by September next year when I believe (no concrete information about this) new GTs would be resuming. But hey, if you are an excellent candidate with high flying performance during the recruitment, maybe just maybe the business may allow you to finish up service and resume.

None of this is based on any concrete Intel. But NLNG is a very caring company and I believe they would be flexible enough for the right candidate.

Thank you, my challenge is, I'm yet to register for NYSC this month as registration begins on the 18th, so I don't even have a call up letter. Should I just go ahead apply while skipping that requirement?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Kristinnee(f): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2022
Rejohyce:
Registration is yet to begin on the 18th, maybe I should just go ahead apply without it, is that ok?

I'm actually not certain, I'm an applicant just like you. But maybe you should, there's no harm in trying; worst case scenario, your application gets screened out and best case scenario, you proceed on the recruitment process and score a dream job. Let's hope for the best. Cheers!
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2022
Rejohyce:

Thank you, my challenge is, I'm yet to register for NYSC this month as registration begins on the 18th, so I don't even have a call up letter. Should I just go ahead apply while skipping that requirement?

What do you plan to submit for the NYSC requirement?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by jasonex4(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Was this info from the recruitment team?

Twas gotten from the virtual fair...

Didn't really hear anything with respect to password issues
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ShittimPeter(m): 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
Okay. Thank you for the update.
I applied but yet to receive acknowledgement mail, my status is "in process"and my application is currently being processed.
What am I to do?

jasonex4:

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Papacypaul(m): 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2022
AJCA:
Recruitment process.
Does this mean no oral interview stage?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
Papacypaul:
Does this mean no oral interview stage?

The Assessment Centre aka AC is where the oral interview occurs
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Papacypaul(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
I have in this order
HND Civil Engineering (2016)
NYsc (2018)
BEng Civil Engineering (2022)
Hope they won't ask how I get NYsc before BEng?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Papacypaul(m): 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

The Assessment Centre aka AC is where the oral interview occurs
oh I was thinking we are writing 2 exams .
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2022
Papacypaul:

Looks like it's going to be a single exam. This suggests that they will cull a large number of applicants before getting to that stage.

About serving in 2018 and BEng in 2022, as long as you clearly indicate that you attained HND (which qualified you for NYSC in 2018) AND went on to do BEng, I think you are good to go. Make sure to include both HND and BEng certificates. Also perhaps explain your situation in the cover letter

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2022
Papacypaul:

That AC is a real tricky step. I will share my experience about that stage when people get there

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Papacypaul(m): 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Looks like it's going to be a single exam. This suggests that they will cull a large number of applicants before getting to that stage.

About serving in 2018 and BEng in 2022, as long as you clearly indicate that you attained HND (which qualified you for NYSC in 2018) AND went on to do BEng, I think you are good to go. Make sure to include both HND and BEng certificates. Also perhaps explain your situation in the cover letter
I did exactly what you suggest. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by stanisbaratheon: 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Nice one AJCA and jasonex4 for sharing your experiences at the fair. Would be nice if others also shared their experiences so everyone can learn. Our "virtual career fair" experience was from the 2007 GT thread here on Nairaland, so definitely you guys are well positioned to have been able to interact with current staff. I wish you all luck.

My singular advice to appropriately prepare is to do just that, PREPARE! When I was studying, I literally Googled a lot. What kind of assessment SHL has for graduates. One of my "sweetest" resource was a website called Assessmentday.co.uk. They have a very good bank of "SHL Style questions". I paid for access to these questions. There ARE NOT the exact questions you'd find in the exam. But they give you plenty materials that are similar to what you'd see. I REPEAT, THEY ARE NOT SHL PAST QUESTIONS. I printed out all of the question papers (I had access to "free" printing at work so it was kind of free for me to print them). Everyday after work, I took each question, sat on a table, set a timer, had a good calculator and basically created exam conditions for myself. And I raced through the questions. It was tough o. Cos while I'm a Computer Science grad, some of the Maths questions caught be "offside". Like I thought I knew how to solve them but when I started solving them I was heading to Ghana when I should have been heading to London. Several mis-fires. But after each "exam", I reviewed the solution pack. And started learning the "techniques" for facing these questions. Some questions you didn't even have to solve. You could basically use fractional identities and "mathematical tricks" that simplify the questions. For example, if a figure increased by 20%, instead of calculating 20% of the figure and adding to the original figure, just multiply the original figure by 1.2 and you are straight at the answer in one step instead of two steps. Those seconds saved are very crucial in setting out the intelligent guys from the "smart" guys.

PS: I do not work for assessmentday.co.uk, neither do I earn any money from them. I just mention them because they were a very good resource for me. They may not be a good resource for everyone. So do not take me mentioning them as any form of endorsement of their offering.

Thanks bro. Your contributions here will not be taken for granted.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Dozie95: 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2022
Papacypaul:
I have in this order
HND Civil Engineering (2016)
NYsc (2018)
BEng Civil Engineering (2022)
Hope they won't ask how I get NYsc before BEng?

Do not bother using your HND oh! As long as your NYSC is after 2017. You've got no issues
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Amex2018: 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
Hello fellow applicants...

I added some additional attachment like certifications and even CV that were explicitly not stated or required in the advertisement. I am feeling afraid that I may be disqualified for this. Now I am thinking of withdrawing my application and applying from scratch.

But it has been challenging navigating to the stage of withdrawing my application. Can anyone give me a clue?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by jasonex4(m): 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
Amex2018:
Hello fellow applicants...

I added some additional attachment like certifications and even CV that were explicitly not stated or required in the advertisement. I am feeling afraid that I may be disqualified for this. Now I am thinking of withdrawing my application and applying from scratch.

But it has been challenging navigating to the stage of withdrawing my application. Can anyone give me a clue?

It shouldnt be an issue as long as you meet the basic criteria...

My thoughts though

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by acumen90(m): 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
Please, guys, those of you that have applied, what does the session that says INTERNET REFERENCE demand of me? What do I choose there?
Thanks.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by jasonex4(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
I was reflecting on the virtual career fair held earlier and I was thinking about some of the questions asked...

I don't know sha o..might be i am the one who didn't understand the whole event but some of the questions being asked were somehow off to me.eg.
1. Asking the kind of software nlng uses
2. Meaning of condensates
3. What kind of gas does nlng work with and why
4. The chemical process being employed by nlng.etc.

Not to offend anyone, but I thought it was supposed to be a CAREER related event and so questions relating to career growth, recruitment opportunities and processes would have been more appropriate

But like I said i might be wrong sha

��

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Ladygracy: 4:44am On Nov 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What would you like to know about them? During my time, there were a handful of married ladies with children. They were given two (or was it three?) bedroom apartments for the duration of training in Bonny. Singles got a one bedroom apartment. All rooms air-conditioned with a cooking area. All Bonny staff are guaranteed accommodation in the RA. I don't think there's any staff in Bonny that lives outside the RA. If you have to work from PH, you are going to have to look for accomodation yourself. Many staff live in some of the more secure Estates in PH. As an NLNG staff, you'd learn to go incognito. For months many of us just said "I'm selling has for one company in Port Harcourt"
Thanks for the response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (95) (Reply)

Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18 / List Of Genuine And Proven Recruitment Agencies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.