Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) (10508 Views)

Deniz Saypinar Stopped From Boarding A Plane For Wearing This (Photo) / Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria / My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Oga do you know what makes a bus BRT? It's the special section of roads carved out for it to speed its movement. Would you call the El-Rufai buses in Abuja BRTs?

BRT aren't just a buses its a system, and no other metro bus system in Nigeria can be compared to it. It's a novel idea (in Nigeria)

Thank you. Education is free these days for those who wish to reject ignorance.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Bus_Rapid_Transit_System

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by voltron14: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2022
DaveDGreat:

The picture below is out of my window. Guess the place. No it's not VI.

Nor be everybody be una mate for online. You hear?

See this mumu.

Showing me a picture from a house.

And so what?

Does that mean anything?

grin
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Lol. Maybe Festac, Ajao Estate or Amuwo Odofin right? It does not matter bro. Tinubu raised the standard. He does not have to be involved in your toilet design.

Creating the overarching idea that makes Lagos great is his job. He has done that very well. This same BRT Ghana, that many Nigerians love to praise fawningly, came to understudy.

Don't vote Tinubu. That is your democratic right but you can give him credit when and where due.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by damkin24(m): 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2022
begoniaa:
This country sef.

Olden days come look more developed than the so-called 21st century. Are we moving backward or forward?

See as everywhere clean, organised. There's literally no much difference in the infrastructures and technology of those era (pre-1999 Nigeria) from that of the industrialised worlds of today to me, but somehow, somewhere we got it wrong, smh, and we're here still grappling with the second industrial revolution, and attempting to integrate into the third one.

And some may attribute those erstwhile growth to the military government, but are the developed countries of today necessarily the way they are under a dictatorship?

I just pray we get it right with Peter Obi, because if his drafted manifesto is anything to go by, I am impressed with and looking forward to him solving these issues and simultaneously launching us into the fourth industrial revolution.

It is honestly so very promising, and bubbling with high hopes (for everything about ourselves and our welfare).

God bless PO, and God bless and keep the country in one piece enough 'till the new wave of change blows hither.
You are so shameless. Show us what your Obi did in his home state when he was a governor to make us agree with your point. Smh
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by JesseThunder(m): 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2022
Nice
Joevics:
This is a photo of Lagos Municipal Transport, an equivalent of Today's BRT.

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Didijiji: 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2022
AfonjaConehead:

Bro I'm very sure didijiji was only being sarcastic...he knows what he's saying
sarcasm bro �
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Didijiji: 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2022
ogwumgbe:

He started it from the scratch when Lagos did not have a single building but bush everywhere and turned it to a mega city it is today, Kudos to the city builder
im telling you

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2022
voltron14:

See this mumu.

Showing me a picture from a house.

And so what?

Does that mean anything?

grin

I didn't insult you. You're very lucky I've changed else you would have cried your eyes out this afternoon.

Go and check my previous posts to confirm. I roast people like you.

However, God changes men.

You said I live in Mowe, I showed you where I stay. You have changed to say it's from the top of a house. Do you know the meaning of what is called "a high-rise building?"

Please be guided and don't quote me again. Bye
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 01, 2022
candidtalk:

Lol. Maybe Festac, Ajao Estate or Amuwo Odofin right? It does not matter bro. Tinubu raised the standard. He does not have to be involved in your toilet design.

Creating the overarching idea that makes Lagos great is his job. He has done that very well. This same BRT Ghana, that many Nigerians love to praise fawningly, came to understudy.

Don't vote Tinubu. That is your democratic right but you can give him credit when and where due.

None of the above. I stay in Eti-Osa LGA and not in VI or Ajah.

What I am against is people saying that Tinubu built Lagos from the scratch like Lagos hadn't any governor before Tinubu came in.

Achievements of those before and after Tinubu are ascribed to him like they did nothing.

Pa Lateef Jakande did a lot and left a lasting legacy which can't be forgotten. But many now ascribe it to Tinubu.

I was born in lagos. I grew up in Lagos before Tinubu became a governor so I know better.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Joevics(m): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
candidtalk:

It does not matter bro. Tinubu raised the standard.
Which standards did Tinubu raise? Look for pictures of Lagos in the 1980s and compare. Then come back and say this again.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by BATified2023: 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2022
Lashist:

We know you arent smart and have chosen to be a slave but answer this. If you give someone 100k and at the end of the month, he gives you 10k profit and you give another 20k and at the end he gives you 10k profit, who did better?? At least Peter is the only governor that doesnt collect pension, doesnt use government services after he left office. Can the same be said of your candidiate? If so, show some proof
do u realise peter obi is a civil servant because he served as governor?

Do u realise no civil servant can b denied his entitlement after service?

Are u telling me the state doesn’t pay peter obi or he wrote letter to them stating he doesn’t need his pension?

If yes can we see d letter?

Many civil servants n politicians will just b laughing at your ignorance

If buhari who left government in the 1980’s still took a jeep as part of dasuki loot so peter obi d angel won’t take pension

It’s getting clear that u peter obi supporters are kids

Do u know he’s entitled to security details for life as an ex governor or he doesn’t have them
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by voltron14: 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2022
DaveDGreat:

I didn't insult you. You're very lucky I've changed else you would have cried your eyes out this afternoon.

Go and check my previous posts to confirm. I roast people like you.

However, God changes men.

You said I live in Mowe, I showed you where I stay. You have changed to say it's from the top of a house. Do you know the meaning of what is called "a high-rise building?"

Please be guided and don't quote me again. Bye

You are a complete mumu.

What is special about VI in 2022?

Honestly, you must be a kid.

Just because some of us choose to be anonymous doesn't mean liliputians such as yourself should be feeling like giants.

Where your garden ends is where someone else's orchard starts.

Be guided.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2022
voltron14:

You are a complete mumu.

What is special about VI in 2022?

Honestly, you must be a kid.

Just because some of us choose to be anonymous doesn't mean liliputians such as yourself should be feeling like giants.

Where your garden ends is where someone else's orchard starts.

Be guided.

This is where you cross the line. Another insult from you and you're gonna have a bad day. I promise you this

No I don't stay in VI. Try harder. Lagos doesn't start and stop at Lekki/Ajah and VI.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by toprealman: 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
These people had dreams and unfortunately some people in NL are those dreams.....sad!!!
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by voltron14: 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
DaveDGreat:

This is where you cross the line. Another insult from you and you're gonna have a bad day. I promise you this

No I don't stay in VI. Try harder. Lagos doesn't start and stop at Lekki/Ajah and VI.

Shatap.

Do your worst.

See someone taking a photo in VI feeling funky.

Where your garden stops is where my farm starts.

Toddler.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Lashist(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2022
BATified2023:
do u realise peter obi is a civil servant because he served as governor?

Do u realise no civil servant can b denied his entitlement after service?

Are u telling me the state doesn’t pay peter obi or he wrote letter to them stating he doesn’t need his pension?

If yes can we see d letter?

Many civil servants n politicians will just b laughing at your ignorance

If buhari who left government in the 1980’s still took a jeep as part of dasuki loot so peter obi d angel won’t take pension

It’s getting clear that u peter obi supporters are kids

Do u know he’s entitled to security details for life as an ex governor or he doesn’t have them
Nope you are the kid here. I made emphasis on his pensions. According to his administration, it is said he doesnt collect a dime from the country for serving them. When he was a governor, so many persons said he reduced his convoy to cut cost. He had less and did something with it. How many legacies did BAT leave. There is proof on how BAT, peter and fashola handled different sectors when they were in power. These are figures. if its a lie, lagos state can bring their own figures to counter that. But from those figures, pitobi did far better than BAT. If i may ask you, what's BAT legacy. He made lagos the best place but still goes outside for treatment and relaxation. He cant address people he wants to govern on live TV and he is barely 70yrs old o. Dumbheads like you will surely support buhari bcus you know both are almost the same thing. Im sure you support govt saying youths should stop going outside the country but you are ready to defend buhari and BAT going out for medicals. Mr boy, you are a dullard. abeg tell me BAT's legacies
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2022
voltron14:

Shatap.

Do your worst.

See someone taking a photo in VI feeling funky.

Where your garden stops is where my farm starts.

Toddler.

Are you done now?
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by chrisvic007: 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2022
Joevics:

May God have mercy on your bitter soul.

This is not a BRT bus, there is a wide difference between a BRT but and an LSTC bus.

I was born and bred in Lagos and there were a lot transport schemes (DL Sappas, LMTS, LTS, LSTC etc) before Tinubu's days in Lagos but none compares with Tinubu's BRT efficiency, comfort and availability.

In case you do not understand what I've written, show the pix of the bus to elders around you.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by chrisvic007: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
Joevics:

May God have mercy on your bitter soul.

This is not a BRT bus, there is a wide difference between a BRT but and an LSTC bus.

I was born and bred in Lagos and there were a lot transport schemes (DL Sappas, LMTS, LCTS, LST (etc) before Tinubu's days in Lagos but none compares with Tinubu's BRT efficiency, comfort and availability.

In case you do not understand what I've written, show the pix of the bus to elders around you.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by AfonjaConehead: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2022
Didijiji:
sarcasm bro �
Yo bro, it's just that our bro,pointzerom gats no time grin
Y'all have a great day
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Henrymas(m): 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
Before Tulumbu introduced the omota/agbero system.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by blaquebelle: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Bros, it's probably not as safe as you think to post a picture of your vicinity on the Internet. It makes it easier for anyone to trace you later on in the future.

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
blaquebelle:

Bros, it's probably not as safe as you think to post a picture of your vicinity on the Internet. It makes it easier for anyone to trace you later on in the future.

Thanks for this advice.

So sorry I did what I did.

It's a mistake. I'll take it down now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Japanese Visa Requirement,help pls / Government To Train Candidates On Rail Engineering In China / 5 Years Working Parmit To Qatar (no Deposit Please!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.