Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) (10519 Views)

Deniz Saypinar Stopped From Boarding A Plane For Wearing This (Photo) / Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria / My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by CSTRR: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2022
BATified2023:
y is he not campaigning with pictures of things he did in anambra?

Didn’t he do anything?

I believe this is the time he should campaign with all the things he used to tell us to go n verify
Who told you he is not campaigning with that?

When he tell you to go and verify, do you think he is asking you to.verify thin air?

Open your ears, you bat.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by ImperialYoruba: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2022
Joevics:
This is a photo of Lagos Municipal Transport, an equivalent of Today's BRT.

This picture proofs that there were BRT buses long before TInubu and Fashola.

It also further dimishes the notion that Tinubu built Lagos.

That's not BRT.

People that escaped economic calamities in East and were accomodated, clothed and fed by West do not know difference between the various transportation systems in Lagos. These agbari ojukus lie too much.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by begoniaa: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2022
candidtalk:
Please, what is your ethnicity, State of origin and where do you live today?

Answer those questions honestly with the conditions that everything you and your generations seek in life you will never attain if you lie. Amen by all the God's whe all worship.

Now, answer the questions and we can continue talking.

Be like laying unnecessary curses on yourself na one of your pastime. grin

This is not the first time you'll be doing so, and I'm sorry, I don't roll like that; I am a Christian.

You can go ahead to tell us whether you live in Lagos State, though, or if you leave there to travel to other places from time to time, because you've been throwing your life's trajectory all over this thread, make efribodi sha see say you be educated buffoon wey dey speak English and wear suit like your master, lmao.

Go ahead, regale us.

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by DesignMaestro(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2022
candidtalk:

Indeed. When you then advise them to try and improve themselves they begin to throw insults and tantrums.

Imagine the near illiterate idiocy of presenting a neat bus from Lagos, probably 50 years ago or older, as "BRT" when we all know Ghana and many African countries have appreciably come to understudy the current BRT model Tinubu and Fashola delivered?

Nigeria has gone backwards, in my opinion, per literacy, unity and goodwill for our fellow Nigerians.

Now we are simply a largely ignorant, bitter and angry people primed to undermine, sabotage and frustrate ourselves because of ethnic, religious and sectional differences.

That is what led this OP to create this thread today that is simply the most unintelligent attempt at anti-Tinubu mischief likely driven by bigotry.

I truly believe Nigeria is hopeless and that the SW must attempt to save herself. When a nation consist of many who can no longer give credit where due, because of primordial ethnic, religious and sectional bigotry, it is time we go our separate way at least administratively.

It is the reason Yoruba leaders are agitating for what is shown below.
Honestly, I couldn't agree with you more
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by CSTRR: 10:45am On Nov 01, 2022
The only disadvantage that Peter obi had was that he managed a state with 1/100th the resources of Lagos.

So the scale of his projects would be Limited.
He would not be able to carry out ambitious crap like eko Atlantic when he still needs to fund the secondary schools.

If Peter obi had govern Rivers or akwaibom, we won't even debating nonsense today.

It would be clear that tinubu is not in his class.

But even to the intelligent, if we can compare the efficiency of resource utilisation, Peter obi is far better.

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by CSTRR: 10:51am On Nov 01, 2022
Look at Lee kuan yew, and Mao Zedong.

Their developmental credentials, their strong stance against waste and inefficiency, their discipline and patriotism.

The only person that embodies that right now is Peter obi.

Just like Jesus, he is coming from humble beginnings, not the corruption laden political empires of the tinubus and atikus of this world.
Great change agents rarely come from such empires.

We need to be a smart to realise our moment of change is upon us and seize it for the next generation.

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by begoniaa: 10:53am On Nov 01, 2022
DesignMaestro:
His three successors that you credit for their great achievements today were all under his payroll and you hypocrites would have held him responsible if they had failed.

But Tinubu is not responsible for Buhari's failure? As the party's Daddy GO? grin

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by CSTRR: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2022
The current generation of Singapore is living a life of prosperity.

Their parents and grandparents seized the moment for them and elected Lee kuan yew, in the midst of great suffering and poverty.

Our great- grand children must live in a great Nigeria, but that depends on what we do now.

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 01, 2022
seborrhic:

It's even amazing that Lagos part not under FG ownership /structure is still this undeveloped.
As you pointed out,the majority of the structures Lagos has today is because if its almost 100 years site of the Federal capital.
Nothing spectacular has been developed since it became a Lagos State owned and the federal Capital moved to Abuja

Lagos is "underdeveloped"? Lagos is Singapore and London while everywhere else in Nigeria is virtually Afghanistan.

Read and research more to rid yourself of ignorance and crippling bigotry.

The developments below are totally independent of anything to do with the FG and indicators of the strenght of Lagos and the work her administrators have done, from Tinubu onwards, to make the State the most attractive in Nigeria by far.

Stay in your upper Iweka to talk nonsense. If you have sense you will shun bigotry so Tinubu does for your for State what he has done for Lagos. Nothing to do with empty mouth and rhetoric. Lagos is gone. A different Country to Nigeria because of Tinubu. What is shown below is nothing. I show many more that are impressive and show the limitless potentials of Lagos because of he r exemplary leadership.

You lot can remain here letting bigotry define your existence or you can accept a Yoruba man is best to secure the future of your kids and their kids.

Flow of capital and human know-how is best in Lagos by far. Only Tinubu can replicate that across Nigeria as he has done in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUparSx-Nc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsWa_zHYy5o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by BATified2023: 10:57am On Nov 01, 2022
CSTRR:

Who told you he is not campaigning with that?

When he tell you to go and verify, do you think he is asking you to.verify thin air?

Open your ears, you bat.
show us d verification

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by begoniaa: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2022
DesignMaestro:
Our decaying education system reflects on the behaviour of our youths today

Is that why Tinubu has been posting Tiktok and challenge videos, using the youths' slangs, wearing suits and all sort just to appeal to and patronise them?
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by FreeStuffsNG: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2022
Joevics:

Indomie generation, that is not BRT. That is LSTC bus and there is a special one for school children too. They do not have dedicated lanes and can be free like the scholar lstc buses.

Before LSTC and colonial times was another set owned by a Greek.

BRT was brought by Asiwaju but executed majorly by HE Fashola and Ambode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by CSTRR: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2022
BATified2023:
show us d verification
Ok
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2022
begoniaa:

Be like laying unnecessary curses on yourself na one of your pastime. grin

This is not the first time you'll be doing so, and I'm sorry, I don't roll like that; I am a Christian.

You can go ahead to tell us whether you live in Lagos State, though, or if you leave there to travel to other places from time to time, because you've been throwing your life's trajectory all over this thread, make efribodi sha see say you be educated buffoon wey dey speak English and wear suit like your master, lmao.

Go ahead, regale us.

Coward. Man up and accept the consequences. Simply tell us your ethnicity, State of origin and State you reside in today.

Answer those truthfully or accept whatever God you worship will destroy your future and that of your generations unborn.

In fact, let me view your past posts. I want to check something. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by begoniaa: 11:09am On Nov 01, 2022
candidtalk:
Lol, IPOBian, care to show us Anambra in 1980 and Anambra today? You people are simply hateful clowns.

You want the South West to go its way, but you feel calling people IPOB is an insult.

Hippopo—

candidtalk:
In fact, let me view your past posts. I want to check something. cool

Yawns.

The floor is all yours.

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2022
begoniaa:

You want the South West to go its way, but you feel calling people IPOB is an insult.

Hippopo—

Yawns.

The floor is all yours.

Are you 'high'?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by begoniaa: 11:15am On Nov 01, 2022
candidtalk:
Are you 'high'?

Most definitely.

High, and looking down at you gummed beneath my shoe.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Indomie generation, that is not BRT. That is LSTC bus and there is a special one for school children too. They do not have dedicated lanes and can be free like the scholar lstc buses.

Before LSTC and colonial times was another set owned by a Greek.

BRT was brought by Asiwaju but executed majorly by HE Fashola and Ambode

Bro, all I can say is that Nigerian youths deserve their suffering for their ignorance, self-hatred, bigotry and "laziness" (PMB).

How can BRT exist when Lagos had a population of less than 2 million, far fewer cars, no traffic congestions and far less commercial activities?

I think government should invest in mass human to Goat brain transplant surgery for Nigerian youth because the street goat is way smarter than the average Nigerian youth in my opinion. Lol.

1 Like

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2022
begoniaa:

Most definitely.

High, and looking down at you gummed beneath my shoe.

Yeah. Just don't overdose on whatever you're smoking or injecting. Otherwise you will be food for cannibals in that SE State you are from..

I understand fried brains is now a very expensive delicacy in ala Igbo. Don't be a victim buddy. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2022
Tinubu build Lagos since 1914
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by gonkin(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2022
Tinubu didn't build lagos, he was the one that began the madness in lagos. If tinubu was so great, why was fashola more honoured than tinubu was. Fashola did great so did ambode. Make dem continue to say TINUBU built lagos APC must go we dont even want the damn MUSLIM to MUSLIM ticket.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by voltron14: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Please stop these lies.

1. The Palms, Lekki is a privately owned entity.

2. Eko Atlantic is also a privately owned entity with investors coming from different countries of the world. The Lebanese Chaugory Group is the local overseer of the project.

3. Every government in Lagos had scheme for home ownership. The Jakande Estates you see in Lagos today were certainly not built by Tinubu.

4. Tinubu DID NOT build the BRT lane. Fashola did. Please DO NOT ascribe Fashola's brainchild and handiwork to Tinubu. It's not right.

I'm waiting for you to refute your own claims and make corrections so you don't mislead the unsuspecting public.

Good morning.

This one just go down from Ekene Dili Chukwu.

Where were you when roads were being demarcated in 2006?
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Owologbo(m): 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2022
femisplash:

Why is the Pandora fraud using Lagos infrastructural edifices as the face of his caimpaign poster?, what about his Amambra?.. C'mon, you & your leader have got no shame.
Meanwhile, the senerity Lagos witnesssed at the time was because it had not been overpopulated by economic refugees from across the Niger.

Stop deviating and tell us how a once capital city of Nigeria was built by tinubu.
was it that before tinubu came in to power, lagos state was some kind of small town of village and tinubu transformed it to a mega city in eight years?
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by voltron14: 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
CSTRR:
The only disadvantage that Peter obi had was that he managed a state with 1/100th the resources of Lagos.

So the scale of his projects would be Limited.
He would not be able to carry out ambitious crap like eko Atlantic when he still needs to fund the secondary schools.

If Peter obi had govern Rivers or akwaibom, we won't even debating nonsense today.

It would be clear that tinubu is not in his class.

But even to the intelligent, if we can compare the efficiency of resource utilisation, Peter obi is far better.

What kind of excuse is that?

Because your father is a poor man made you get f9 in your exams and you are proud?

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by CSTRR: 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2022
voltron14:

What kind of excuse is that?

Because your father is a poor man made you get f9 in your exams and you are proud?
His state has one of the highest human developmental index in the country.

Top three.

High education rate among male and female, largest road network, low maternal mortality, relative low poverty, low unemployment rate, better schools than 99% of the country.

This is according to the NBS.

How is that F9?
Are you living better than people in anambra?
Have you ever seen people from anambra state begging on the streets?

Which school did you graduate from for your basic education?

Because they obviously did not teach you comprehension.

UAE just built the biggest sky scraper in the world.
Why has Lagos not built it?

When you understand why, then you understand what I have written up there.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by CSTRR: 12:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
Qatar just built an air-conditioned stadium that is possible the best in the world.

Lagos State is still managing dusty teslim balogun stadium.

When you understand why Lagos cannot afford to build air-conditioned stadiums, but Qatar can, then you will understand why Tinubu can afford to waste billions on Eko Atlantic and peter obi had to focus on schools, roads and hospitals.

To now claim that tinubu is a better governor than Peter obi because he had money to waste on vanity is to do a disservice to your children's future.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
voltron14:

Wow!

Must you insult? Anyways I am a Lagosian and was born before Tinubu became governor. So you can't lie to me that he built Lagos. Rather, it was Lagos that built Tinubu.

Roads were demarcated doesn't mean that he built those things. Think about it you went to school na
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by voltron14: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Wow!

Must you insult? Anyways I am a Lagosian and was born before Tinubu became governor. So you can't lie to me that he built Lagos. Rather, it was Lagos that built Tinubu.

Roads were demarcated doesn't mean that he built those things. Think about it you went to school na

You are a Lagosian, yet you don't know how people were cussing Tinubu when he was implementing BRT.

Na Mowe you dey live wey you dey claim Lagos.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by seguno2: 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
Joevics:

Tinubu built his own personal income in bullion vans for his life ambition Emilokan.
I thought that Lagosians are smart but looks like Edo and Osun people are smarter
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by voltron14: 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2022
CSTRR:
Qatar just built an air-conditioned stadium that is possible the best in the world.

Lagos State is still managing dusty teslim balogun stadium.

When you understand why Lagos cannot afford to build air-conditioned stadiums, but Qatar can, then you will understand why Tinubu can afford to waste billions on Eko Atlantic and peter obi had to focus on schools, roads and hospitals.

To now claim that tinubu is a better governor than Peter obi because he had money to waste on vanity is to do a disservice to your children's future.

Seems you are a local champion.

You've never really been anywhere hence your pedestrian notion of what a nation needs.
Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
voltron14:

Na Chinasa Michael posting from Kiri kiri lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) by Joevics(m): 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
BATified2023:
y is peter obi not campaigning with the things he did?

I believe this is the best time for peter obi to bring out all the things he used to tell people to go n verify

Y using another states pictures after turning his state to paradise?

It’s like claiming u have a Ferrari in your garage n u are showing people your neighbors rickety car as your own

Y not bring out your Ferrari when it is needed the most?
Have you actually read the manifesto? Or you are just repeating what they told you in your WhatsApp group?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.