Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover (24368 Views)

Rivers State Completes Rumuola Flyover In Port Harcourt (Pictures & Video) / FRSC Arrests Mary Ikoku For Using Google Maps In Abuja / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by kettykin: 6:45am On Nov 02, 2022
deavicky:
that side of ph has been existing since the colonial masters.

Maybe it is the fringe areas or the ghetto of ph
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by kettykin: 6:46am On Nov 02, 2022
ruggedtimi:
thats old ph town
If that's the case then it is fine and looks cleaner and better than most City ghettos
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by pocom35: 6:50am On Nov 02, 2022
Worldliness:

Sanwo-Olu did not initiate the rails project.

He doesn't have to..
Besides... Sanwo Olu..initiated the Red line rail project which is longer than the blue line only the blue line was met at no less than 50% completed ..
Sanwo Olu also paid for the trains for the redline which are now in Lagos And 2 sets of electric trains for the blue line

The part he is constructing cost no less than 70bn..

The cost of wike's flyover combined will never match the cost of the blue line not to talk of combining it with the red line..

The economic impact.
Contribution to growth, development and ease in transportation can never match

No state governor's project beats sanwo olu's flagship project in just under 4 years..

Wike's flyover have little benefit and impact .they are merely to deceive naive and gullible folks..

Flyovers are something Lagos has been building since the 1970s..no big deal..
With all the flyovers Wike built plus the existing no. of flyovers he met.. the total is not up to the no. of flyovers in Lagos state
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Sammy07: 6:52am On Nov 02, 2022
24SEVEN:

What are you smoking??

My bad I shouldn't have included calabar.

South east is almost same size as Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwaibom.

So I'm free to say Ibadan is almost the same size as Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwaibom
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Afamed: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2022
They are sleeping in Delta state. Ebonyi, Kaduna, Kano, without oil revenue, all have left Delta state behind
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Afamed: 6:58am On Nov 02, 2022
ba7man:
It's better than having empty mansions and houses in the bushes, built with drug money. undecided
Ignore him, all the states in the east , na sleep their Govs dey sleep. Only Ebonyi state , that is working.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 7:00am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

My bad I shouldn't have included calabar.

South east is almost same size as Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwaibom.

So I'm free to say Ibadan is almost the same size as Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwaibom

Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom is bigger than Ekiti, Osun and Ondo. I might even throw in Tiny Lagos to the mix. So I don't get your point.

Is Ibadan same as Oyo state??

Is the SWest bigger than SS in Size??
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Sammy07: 7:18am On Nov 02, 2022
24SEVEN:

Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom is bigger than Ekiti, Osun and Ondo. I might even throw in Tiny Lagos to the mix. So I don't get your point.

Is Ibadan same as Oyo state??

Is the SWest bigger than SS in Size??

Smiles

Oyo - 28,454KM²

Rivers State 11,077KM²
Bayelsa State 10,773KM²
Akwa Ibom State 7,081KM²
Total - 28,931

And No, Southwest isn't bigger than South South

South South is about to 15,000 or 20,000km² bigger than SW
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by broadman20: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2022
post=118056481:
Good development in our state of residence.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want at [/b].

God bless Wike.

God bless Rivers State.

[b]God bless Nigeria.

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime whether the evil ones like it or not.

We Rise.

With the support you give to BOKO HARAM supporter like Buhari, Nigeria will never be great again.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Jack500: 7:32am On Nov 02, 2022
MrNice04:
I'm Bini and nothing on earth, I repeat it, nothing on earth will make me cast my vote for anyone from southwest at the national level of Nigeria's election.

The 2015 election exposed what no book of history will ever tell you about southern Nigeria. The Yorubas as a people has never voted any southern candidate completely who is not from their tribe.

Many of them will come here to try to prove me wrong but check the election results from 2007 to date. The result will show you that if Tinubu isn't on the ballot, they would vote another northern candidate against any other southern candidate. That is the fact.

So, how come they vote Jonathan in 2011? I think your brain is malfunctioning
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by chrisxxx(m): 7:34am On Nov 02, 2022
Worldliness:

Anyone who is futuristic will know the monorail was never a bad idea.
My brother it is too early to argue with anyone who supports APC.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ogmask: 7:34am On Nov 02, 2022
Originalsly:
Just curious ... to anyone who knows that area..... from the photo the heavy traffic is going from left to right .... west to east... but the flyover is from south to north... with very light traffic. How would this flyover really help? .... because I can't see how it will reduce the west to east traffic. Can you explain?

I live in Portharcourt and I can tell you that 80% of the flyovers are useless. This particular one is the most useless among them. It leads to nowhere other than his (wike's) father's church. If you look at the picture very well you'd notice something else other than the irrelevance of the bridge on that spot. The flyover is like an elephant seating on a narrow lane. He merely used the flyover to chase out the Igbo traders at Ikoku to pave the way for one of his numerous supermarkets scattered all over.
Imagine having 8 flyovers on a straight road of not more than 10km. The traffic is still very much in Portharcourt because pple don't live on the flyovers, they will branch off to the minor roads at some point and this is where the real traffic is.
Udom, umahi and sanwo Olu are miles apart when it comes to pple oriented projects. Even ganduje's flyover is much more strategic and purposeful than all of Wike's bridges.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by chrisxxx(m): 7:37am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

You're the same as tobychrisx on twitter right?

Naaaaa
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by aylipple: 7:38am On Nov 02, 2022
2007 presidential elections had the major candidates from the North so, we can conveniently excuse that one.

However, for 2011 the major candidates were Goodluck Jonathan (PDP) & Muhammadu Buhari (CPC) In that election, the Southwest cast a combined vote of 2.78m for PDP, while CPC got a total 321,618. Nuhu Ribadu of then ACN got a bloc vote of 1.36m from the region. Voter turnout for entire southwest was 32.9%.

In 2015, PDP which fielded Jonathan garnered a total votes of approx. 1.8m from Southwest while APC (Buhari) received 2.4m votes approx.

Now, your comment states that "...Yorubas as a people has never voted any southern candidate completely who is not from their tribe" & my question to you is since 2007, how many Yoruba politicians of note were on the ballot? And for the southsouth which you so boldly claim; since 2007, how many votes did you guys cast for presidential candidates who were not from your region?

It's a known fact that Yorubas vehemently rejected Obasanjo in the 1999 & 2003 presidential polls so much that during the latter, he'd to cut deals with Afenifere & then AD (or was it already AC then) to support his candidature; that was the election that launched Tinubu to prominence as he was able to see through Baba's deception as he was the only one among Southwest governors that survived PDP's political onslaught.

You are within your rights to not support a Yoruba presidential candidate but do so without casting aspersions on an entire ethnic group as what you accused the Yorubas of may also be said of your Bini people as well.

Cheers.

MrNice04:
I'm Bini and nothing on earth, I repeat it, nothing on earth will make me cast my vote for anyone from southwest at the national level of Nigeria's election.

The 2015 election exposed what no book of history will ever tell you about southern Nigeria. The Yorubas as a people has never voted any southern candidate completely who is not from their tribe.

Many of them will come here to try to prove me wrong but check the election results from 2007 to date. The result will show you that if Tinubu isn't on the ballot, they would vote another northern candidate against any other southern candidate. That is the fact.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ogmask: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2022
pocom35:

He doesn't have to..
Besides... Sanwo Olu..initiated the Red line rail project which is longer than the blue line only the blue line was met at no less than 50% completed ..
Sanwo Olu also paid for the trains for the redline which are now in Lagos And 2 sets of electric trains for the blue line

The cost of wike's flyover combined will never match the cost of the blue line not to talk of combining it with the red line..

The economic impact.

No state governor's project beats sanwo olu's flagship project in just under 4 years..

Wike's flyover have little benefit and impact .they are merely to deceive naive and gullible folks..

With all the flyovers Wike built plus the existing no. of flyovers he met.. the total is not up to the no. of flyovers in Lagos state

God bless you... And I ask how wike was able to get the award for infrastructure with his mediocre and irrelevant bridges. Too much politics and bribery with wike. Udom of Akwa ibom has done far more than 10 wikes combined not to mention sanwo olu
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 02, 2022
Sasi54:
Y didn't pdp gave wike the presidential ticket of the party

To do what with it? To build flyovers across the length and breadth of the country?
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by chrisxxx(m): 7:46am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

I live in Portharcourt and I can tell you that 80% of the flyovers are useless. This particular one is the most useless among them. It leads to nowhere other than his wike's father's church. If you look at the picture very well you'd notice something else other than the irrelevance of the bridge on that spot. The flyover is like an elephant seating on a borrow lane. He merely used the flyover to chase out the Igbo traders at Ikoku to have the way for one of his numerous supermarkets in that area.
Imagine having 8 flyovers on a straight road of not more than 10km. The traffic is still very much in Portharcourt because pple don't live on the flyovers, they will branch off to the minor roads at some point and this is where the real traffic is.
Udom, umahi and sanwo Olu are miles apart when it comes to pple oriented projects. Even ganduje's flyover is much more strategic and purposeful than all of Wike's bridges.
God please forgive this bitter soul. Do not pay him according to his cruel heart. Whoever that sees good efforts occasioned by you and condemns it is in satanic league. But this one needs forgiveness for he speaks out of frustration.
This Flyover alleviates the perennial traffic jam witnessed at the Ikoku junction that motorists avoided like a leprous junction.
Go to your state you won't go. Your business is to criticize efforts made by others .

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 7:47am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Smiles

Oyo - 28,454KM²

Rivers State 11,077KM²
Bayelsa State 10,773KM²
Akwa Ibom State 7,081KM²
Total - 28,931

And No, Southwest isn't bigger than South South

South South is about to 15,000 or 20,000km² bigger than SW

Compare Ondo Ekiti and Osun with Rivers Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom.

Then compare Oyo, Ogun and Lagos with Delta, Edo and Cross River.

I need figures.

thanks
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Itsrm(m): 7:48am On Nov 02, 2022
Chekwume16:
Wike is another useless niger delta crook. What is the role of all these useless flyovers in ph. He just started constructing them during his second tenure cos he wanted the presidency. The worst is that the flyovers are just a waste of resources. Those are the least of things thT ph needs right now

Senseless post. If this is true, why did he flag off more after he already lost the presidential primaries.

Ask those who live in the City to tell you the impact of the flyovers
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 7:48am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

God bless you... And I ask how wike was able to get the award for infrastructure with his mediocre and irrelevant bridges. Too much politics and bribery with wike. Udom of Akwa ibom has done far more than 10 wikes combined not to mention sanwo olu

Udom has not done anything. Akwa Ibom is still a village compared to Rivers. undecided
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by funshint(m): 7:51am On Nov 02, 2022
MrNice04:

You're ignorant....what happened when Yorubas gave Jonathan their 100% support in 2011
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2022
pocom35:

He doesn't have to..

The economic impact.

The bolded is issue with Nigeria. Lagos has been building flyovers since the 70s as what na? Federal Capital abi. You have seen PH that has not been building flyovers since 70s The one in Mile 1 was built yesterday. The one Ambode/Sanwo-Owu built at Pen Cinema is fly-under

Cities and Town build infrastructures according to their development rate and accessible funds but since it is in PH and not Lagos, you have found it convenient to make rubbish of it. I'm very sure you will have been happy if they weren't built so you can grin and say PH lacks basic infrastructure as flyovers.

Deceit will kill you one day.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by deavicky(m): 7:56am On Nov 02, 2022
kettykin:

Maybe it is the fringe areas or the ghetto of ph
more like it and predominantly motor spare part market.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:00am On Nov 02, 2022
kettykin:
See a whole port harcourt looking like a brown roof enclave, Tufiakwa

That end of PH is the ajengule of Lagos. That's DIOBU.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Itsrm(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

I live in Portharcourt and I can tell you that 80% of the flyovers are useless. This particular one is the most useless among them. It leads to nowhere other than his wike's father's church. If you look at the picture very well you'd notice something else other than the irrelevance of the bridge on that spot. The flyover is like an elephant seating on a borrow lane. He merely used the flyover to chase out the Igbo traders at Ikoku to have the way for one of his numerous supermarkets in that area.

If you're moving about with your leg or public transport (which is not a bad thing) you may not appreciate the flyovers.

I moved from Zenith bank Rumuola road to tank junction in 8 minutes. That journey would have taken 30-45 minutes in the past. I would have used more fuel, put more wear and tear on the engine and spent productive time on the road

You say having 8 flyovers on Aba road is useless. My brother you are very wrong. Look at what is happening at First bank Junction along the same Aba road. The hold up sometimes starts from that junction down to Rivers state government ICT centre opposite pleasure Park. This is because the volume of vehicles coming from Rumuola and the Volume coming from Artillery is too much for that junction. If he had constructed another flyover there, you would have thought it was useless. However, it would have prevented the gridlock sometimes experienced at that place. Hopefully the incoming governor will put another one there.

Now let's talk of people oriented projects. Is the law school a people oriented project? How about the campuses of Rivers state University he built in remote areas to bring developments to those places? The Dr. ODILI cancer center nko? Is it people oriented?

You see if you remove your bias, you can easily see that Wike has done tremendously well.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by joewychampion(m): 8:10am On Nov 02, 2022
the one way bridge all in Obio akpor and phalga local governments wihout employment, no pension , no scholarship, no human development scheme. wike is as crooked as tinubu no difference .two touts despirate for power
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by BATified2023: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2022
MrNice04:

emeka

I say make I greet u
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by joewychampion(m): 8:18am On Nov 02, 2022
im a rivers state indigene i can tell you for fact that wike is the worst and most corrupt adolf hitler rivers state have ever produced, those fly overs or bridges as should be called are as wayward as him. APC to the rescue next year in Rivers State. OBI to the rescue national, even wike's 100,000 thugs cant rig the election in favour of the thieve he hand picked
Itsrm:

Senseless post. If this is true, why did he flag off more after he already lost the presidential primaries.

Ask those who live in the City to tell you the impact of the flyovers
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Sammy07: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2022
24SEVEN:

Compare Ondo Ekiti and Osun with Rivers Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom.

Then compare Oyo, Ogun and Lagos with Delta, Edo and Cross River.

I need figures.

thanks

Ah, why?
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ufotty2001: 8:20am On Nov 02, 2022
hisgrace090:
Port Harcourt people went through hell before do to lack flyover that get the road always jampacked.
Thanks to wike and his wise moves.
but that flyover have no value.. imagine the end of azikiwa is ust back gate.. how many motorist are passing there.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by azimibraun: 8:23am On Nov 02, 2022
Whoever wins the election Obi or Tinubu, they are lucky to have the Minister for works already in Wike waiting. Congratulations to the next President. Wike a very low hanging fruit to go for.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Itsrm(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2022
joewychampion:
im a rivers state indigene i can tell you for fact that wike is the worst and most corrupt adolf hitler rivers state have ever produced, those fly overs or bridges as should be called are as wayward as him. APC to the rescue next year in Rivers State. OBI to the rescue national, even wike's 100,000 thugs cant rig the election in favour of the thieve he hand picked

Lmao. The one who will not even be on the ballot will rescue Rivers State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Skater Holds On To A Motorcycle In Motion In Ibadan (Pics) / Ogba-Ukwu Rocky Cave In Anambra State (Photos) / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.