Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover (24373 Views)

Rivers State Completes Rumuola Flyover In Port Harcourt (Pictures & Video) / FRSC Arrests Mary Ikoku For Using Google Maps In Abuja / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by kk66davido(m): 9:58am On Nov 02, 2022
Is that one flyover? or Overhead bridge, or more like a big Pedestrian cross for cars. You can see the traffic in the picture. His Projects will not be durable. No proper planning. Very poor architectural projects. Zig-zag kind of work. How do you make traffic worse by trying to reduce it. Flyovers, no tree or flowers planted. He wants to suffocate the entire city.

If Port Harcourt is going to be a mega city, it needs brains in government. But no doubt Wike is just perhaps the least worse or somewhere close to that among others.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ogmask: 9:59am On Nov 02, 2022
Itsrm:

Senseless post. If this is true, why did he flag off more after he already lost the presidential primaries.

Ask those who live in the City to tell you the impact of the flyovers

I live in the city, the money spent on those flyovers should have been put to better and more useful options. The flyovers are too many and almost counter productive when you branch off to the minor roads.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ogmask: 10:00am On Nov 02, 2022
pocom35:

Sanwo olu has not completed his first term

How does wike beat him by building flyovers of around 2bn..
Sanwo olu is constructing rails Worth 70bn plus..there is no comparison.

Don't be confused..sanwo olu rail project in 4years beats anything Wike has done in 8 years combined

They are confused because wike bought one award called infrastructure award... Lol.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Chekwume16(m): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2022
I have been in ph for more than 10years now. Come to wike's father's house in wimpey lets chill out closeby. Ask wike why he did not do a flyover at wimpey where the stuff is actually needed. Forget that man. He is just using the media to confuse you people
AmazingELixir:

You're not Rivers state based yet you know what Rivers people need more than them....funny folks.

Let's start with where you're currently so we can compare notes.. grin
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by EmekaA125(m): 10:21am On Nov 02, 2022
MrNice04:
Rivers state alone has more than 20 fly over south east no fit compete
Ebonyi alone has 15 flyovers including bridges.
Flyover is not a good indices for governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Tohmey(m): 10:21am On Nov 02, 2022
Smiles . . .
Flyover of no use, wickedness in hidden places
Instead of positioning the flyover along ikwerre roads, he chooses to position it azikiwe to amaigbo street.
Now no motor is climbing the flyover.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 10:29am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

Benin city is bigger than Portharcourt even if you add igno Etche and Choba to Phc. I have lived in both cities.

I read something like 4times bigger. Like 4times bigger?? shocked
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 10:32am On Nov 02, 2022
Tohmey:
Smiles . . .
Flyover of no use, wickedness in hidden places
Instead of positioning the flyover along ikwerre roads, he chooses to position it azikiwe to amaigbo street.
Now no motor is climbing the flyover.

Sincerely, the positioning of the flyovers is really uninspiring.

Rumuokoro flyover is situated on East West Road that is wide and has no traffic congestion. He left Ikwerre Road, the crux of the matter the way it was.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ogmask: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2022
24SEVEN:

I read something like 4times bigger. Like 4times bigger?? shocked

Ok, Na dat one be the problem? Not vex Na exaggeration. But e big pass sha with very high vehicular traffic yet the govt of the day managed it without building bridges. Do you know that even the federal govt couldn't manage the traffic that they resorted to building by passes. Sometimes the simple approach is the most efficient.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ogmask: 10:49am On Nov 02, 2022
EmekaA125:

Please educate them my brother.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:52am On Nov 02, 2022
Sasi54:
Y didn't pdp gave wike the presidential ticket of the people arty

Na fly over we come this country come build
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by 24SEVEN: 10:54am On Nov 02, 2022
EmekaA125:

Mr man, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom people should be respecting themselves. Every small thing they want to compare indices and figures with Rivers state.

Which day that one start na. What are you mentioning Ebonyi state here for. Nobody in Rivers cares if Ebonyi has 100 flyovers. Please keep your development to yourself and sto disturbing us. Afterall, you are building it for yourselves.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2022
Originalsly:
Just curious ... to anyone who knows that area..... from the photo the heavy traffic is going from left to right .... west to east... but the flyover is from south to north... with very light traffic. How would this flyover really help? .... because I can't see how it will reduce the west to east traffic. Can you explain?

MY bro, I am borne and bred in PH.. ALL THOSE FLYOVERS ARE USELESS.. only that one Amaechi built in eleme junction and the one at mile 1 Naim be flyovera.. Wike na mumu

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2022
kettykin:
See a whole port harcourt looking like a brown roof enclave, Tufiakwa
Na your “trader” brothers dey there oh!!!
If they demolish it na you people will complain that they are targeting Igbo’s and what not
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by georgysly(m): 11:25am On Nov 02, 2022
My dear I don't think you are from Rivers State, please don't say what you don't know. People are dying of Hunger, pensions not paid, no employment, Mr Wike is easy donating Rivers Money to other States. God is watching. I want to see Wike after Election next year
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by chrisxxx(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

Your problem is ignorance and lack of exposure. If you swallow everything like this hook line and sinker you'd remain forever a slave. The fly overs are mostly unnecessary but you are as blind as a bat to see.
What is wrong in asking your state governor to do one that is necessary. When town is being planned ignoramus like you see it as waste. Port Harcourt is rapidly expanding. If nothing is done now it will overwhelm us in time to come. Go to your state. Fulanis have chased you out. You are here calling someone rooted in his state slave whereas that is what you are.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by AmazingELixir: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2022
Chekwume16:
I have been in ph for more than 10years now. Come to wike's father's house in wimpey lets chill out closeby. Ask wike why he did not do a flyover at wimpey where the stuff is actually needed. Forget that man. He is just using the media to confuse you people

You've been in Port Harcourt for 10yrs and you say ikokwu, cfc & Rumuola expansion , Garrison, waterlines, artillery1&2, Tank Rumukwurushi, Ada george and Rumuokoro flyovers are not important...are you really serious right now..?
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by georgysly(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2022
Nice one Mr Wike. Rivers people are Suffering under your Government.
Please try a pay pensions, no promotions for Civil Servant for the past 8 years, No salary increment for past 8years, No Employment, please fix Rivers State State Secretariat because Water is running for past 7 years and Aboki are ones carrying water to different offices. Please stop donating our money other States eeg. Lagos, Sokoto, Benue and others thanks.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by georgysly(m): 11:35am On Nov 02, 2022
The most important thing in Governance is to make the people enjoy, Rivers people are Suffering
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Chekwume16(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2022
You don't get the point. Those are one way flyovers and they don't solve any traffic issues. Only flyovers like the one in mille 1 and oil mill can solves issues. Go to rumukoro today u still hVe traffic. The one in ikokwu is supposed to move along ikwerre Road and not from olu obasanjo. So many instances
AmazingELixir:

You've been in Port Harcourt for 10yrs and you say ikokwu, cfc & Rumuola expansion , Garrison, waterlines, artillery1&2, Tank Rumukwurushi, Ada george and Rumuokoro flyovers are not important...are you really serious right now..?
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by AmazingELixir: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2022
Chekwume16:
You don't get the point. Those are one way flyovers and they don't solve any traffic issues. Only flyovers like the one in mille 1 and oil mill can solves issues. Go to rumukoro today u still hVe traffic. The one in ikokwu is supposed to move along ikwerre Road and not from olu obasanjo. So many instances

When last did you ply Aba road.....before the flyovers is it imaginable to do oil mill to Azikwe road in government house area in 10mins?

Do you know what the situation at Rumuokoro was like before that flyover?

Just appreciate good thing...those of us who have been driving in Ptown know what changes Wike has brought to Port Harcourt.

The oil mill and mile1 structures you mentioned are not flyovers but called interchange....you don't do such construction in built up areas because they occupy huge swathes of land and the cost of compensation are usually so humongous that you can use the amount to construct 2 more conventional flyovers.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Tohmey(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2022
24SEVEN:

Rumuokoro flyover is situated on East West Road that is wide and has no traffic congestion. He left Ikwerre Road, the crux of the matter the way it was.
24SEVEN:

24SEVEN:

Exactly bro.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ufuosman(m): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2022
Commendable
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by lomprico(m): 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
BarrElChapo:

Is it functional like Apapa let’s not even talk about the new lekki deep sea port or the airport functioning half as MMA ?

What are you talking about? Onne port works fine, people import through there. About the airport, I think the international wing is still under renovation, not sure though.

And lekki port is state owned not FG.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by ogmask: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2022
chrisxxx:

What is wrong in asking your state governor to do one that is necessary. When town is being planned ignoramus like you see it as waste. Port Harcourt is rapidly expanding. If nothing is done now it will overwhelm us in time to come. Go to your state. Fulanis have chased you out. You are here calling someone rooted in his state slave whereas that is what you are.

I thought as much... One of those who never travel out of Portharcourt. I shouldn't have wasted my time with you. Pple like you are all over the place in rivers state especially phalga and obioakpo. They never travel out of the city or bother to school outside the state. Good thing is there are some very sound-minded persons with very broad world view. Your type Na waste it time to follow talk.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by GreyLaw(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Lol, mouth Don change.

Have you been to Ibadan b4?

Ibadan is almost the same size as South East region.
Ibadan is almost the same size as Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River and Akwaibom combined.

Some part of it are Brownroofs, while many part of it ain't Brown roofs

Stop talking rubbish online! How do you cough up plain lies and nobody challenges you?

Ibadan land mass: 3,080 km²
Cross River land mass: 20,156 km²
Rivers state land mass: 11,077 km²
Enugu state land mass: 7,161 km²
Abia state land mass: 6,320 km²
Anambra state land mass: 4,844 km²

Rivers alone is bigger than ibadan by approx. 8 km². Cross River is larger by a whooping approx. 17km² .

Next time compare the whole of Oyo and not Ibadan!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by OVB123: 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
trinity11:
Nor be people state be this?
Drive your car come Delta State, make you tour delta like 3 days. If that car not sleep mechanic workshop for 3 weeks make I know wetin cause ahm.

Delta State needs total demolition.
You are talking about delta state, come to edo state you will weep.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by OVB123: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
24SEVEN:

Lolz. But is Ibadan really bigger than Rivers and Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom combined?? I haven't been there before, tho I heard its big.
To get the answer, calculate the landmass of the 3 states and compare it with oyo state.
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Jonesemmy: 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2022
ogmask:

Benin city is bigger than Portharcourt even if you add igno Etche and Choba to Phc. I have lived in both cities.
pH lga and pH city are two different things..pH lga
is the heart of the city(
former town/old town)..whilst pH city encompasses eleme,etche,ikwerre,okirika,obio-akpor(biggest lga in Nigeria by landmass),ogu-bolo and pH lga...phcity is not pH lga...all of the east West road in (Rivers State)is situatuted in ikwerre,obio-akpor,eleme lga...Rivers State itself is bigger than Lagos State by landmass but it's city is a growing one when compared to Lagos..
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Jonesemmy: 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2022
OVB123:
To get the answer, calculate the landmass of the 3 states and compare it with oyo state.
the bone of contention ain't the landmass of Oyo state but that of it's city ibadan compared to these three states??
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by Jonesemmy: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
GreyLaw:

Stop talking rubbish online! How do you cough up plain lies and nobody challenges you?

Ibadan land mass: 3,080 km²
Cross River land mass: 20,156 km²
Rivers state land mass: 11,077 km²
Enugu state land mass: 7,161 km²
Abia state land mass: 6,320 km²
Anambra state land mass: 4,844 km²

Rivers alone is bigger than ibadan by approx. 8 km². Cross River is larger by a whooping approx. 17km² .

Next time compare the whole of Oyo and not Ibadan!

thank you..
Re: Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover by royalty007: 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
frank14011991:
Wike is for BAT
Confirm..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? / Liberia The Crystal Of West Africa. (pix) / Abdullahi Suleiman: Emir Of Keffi's Driver Returns Missing $800 In Saudi [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.