Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? (5087 Views)

I Regret Becoming An Athiest / Why You Should Not Take The Pascal's Wager And Become An Athiest / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2022
Snitch24:
Wow
Tnx br
grin This is how religion lures you in by appealing to the obnoxious side of you. grin

Wake up! Open your eyes.. you were not questioning God but questioning the acts of men. What has that to do with God? When did God ever tell you to put your trust in other men that you would assume your life depends on them. undecided
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Snitch24(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
grin This is how religion lures you in by appealing to the obnoxious side of you. grin

Wake up! Open your eyes.. you were not questioning God but questioning the acts of men. What has that to do with God? When did God ever tell you to put your trust in other men that you would assume your life depends on them. undecided
Lol so you got the point
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Says the guy who believes in books written by men. I guess you can't see you doing the exact thing you accuse others of.

2 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2022
LordReed:
Says the guy who believes in books written by men. I guess you can't see you doing the exact thing you accuse others of.
Look who's talking! undecided
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Theist, Hope you know the difference between “believing” and “knowing”
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Yep. I don't pretend what I say wasn't written by men.

3 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by OgaNightmare(m): 11:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
I've always told you that you're an atheist but in disguise! wink
Once you're always expecting miracles before you can believe (trust) in the existence of God, is that not the argument of your disguised atheistic brothers?
Well let me enlighten you on the secret Jesus revealed to us:

Faithful people throughout the earth will share the same line of thought {John 17:22} so there will not be any division among them {1Corinthians 1:10} but as for faithless crowds they will be bundled into various sects though they will all oppose the united family of TRUTH yet they themselves will never agree on anything {Luke 11:23} other than just to support themselves against God's people!

That's why you can't confidently mention the name of your sect because you know there's nothing you can say to challenge your real brothers: the Atheists! wink

Intelligence officer, go and rest abeg
Wetin be this? grin grin grin grin grin
I know Atheists and Trinitarians are your nightmares but I'm none of them grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by KnownUnknown: 3:02am On Nov 05, 2022
LordReed:

Yep. I don't pretend what I say wasn't written by men.

Don’t you know Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written by dog? Excuse me, god. Sorry, God.

Everything else is “doctrines of men”. The new covenant agreement pact accord Jesus makes it clear below.

John 3:7-8
You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2022
OgaNightmare:

Intelligence officer, go and rest abeg
Wetin be this? grin grin grin grin grin
I know Atheists and Trinitarians are your nightmares but I'm none of them grin

OK they're my own nightmares but you who has been trailing me up and down the forum with different accounts one claiming "male" while the other claims to be "female" is a true believer in your god, shey? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 10:41am On Nov 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Don’t you know Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written by dog? Excuse me, god. Sorry, God.

Everything else is “doctrines of men”. The new covenant agreement pact accord Jesus makes it clear below.

John 3:7-8
You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

Me, I like the doctrines of men. They produce food and technology, all the things that make me happy. LoLz!

2 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
Snitch24:

Wow
Tnx br

I want to illustrate something to you
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Snitch24(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I want to illustrate something to you
I dey wait
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Snitch24:

I dey wait

Snitch, listen and gain understanding and correct yourself if you are wrong but move on if you're right

The world is plagues with suffering, evils and injustice. Many people either conclude that God is either responsible or does not care. They acknowledge that there must be a God but suffering exist cos he causes them or he's very uncaring

Let me illustrate some real life scenarios that sound similar

1. In a house where there are tenants occupying, the roof is torn, pipes and leaky and soak away is bad and no power supply but the landlord is not living in the house. The common talk is that the landlord does not care.

2. In a class, all the students fail WAEC, not even one person have an E in any subject. The common talk is that the teachers are either lazy, wicked, unqualified or complacent

3. A child is always looking dirty, brown teeth and smelly and later falls sick. The parents are rich and live in a mansion. The common talk is that the parents are wicked, uncaring, abusive and neglecting the child needs.

4. A busy road has a traffic warden to direct traffic but you later see an accident. A driver in his vehicle on a bad road under construction. People blame the warden that he misled the man to his accident or caused it cos he must have known the road is bad and warned the driver.

All of these are popular opinions as they blame someone for something based on a perspective. But is that always the truth?

Imagine that in
1. You later learn that the landlord was a kind man but travelled out and handed the house over to a caretaker who did not care. The tenants are always violent and destructive. You will change your WRONG view of the landlord. You were right that the house INDEED has a landlord but you were WRONG in blaming him

2. You visit the school and see that it was conducive for learning, efficient labs hardworking teachers from the best universities. On further investigation, you realize that the students who failed were actually rebellious, disrespectful, won't attend classes and tried cheating in the exams but the external invigilator caught them and cancelled their scripts. Will you not change your WRONG view of those teachers? You are aware that the school INDEED must have had teachers. How school go write waec without teacher but you were WRONG by blaming them for the students mistakes

3. About the child, you were right that he INDEED has parents or guardians but what if you investigated and see that the child was bad, he did not want to leave watching TV, he does not accept the nutritional food they give him but wants the ones that can give him diabetes. He does not brush and won't tell the doctors his problem or take any medicine. Will you still continue to blame the parents after your investigation?

4. About the driver, what if you leaned that the driver was rebellious, he asked the warden what right he has to tell him where to go and where not to go. He keeps insulting the warden and zooms away, he enters the road and has an accident. Will you still continue to blame the Warden?

My brother, the teachers, the parents and the landlord do not owe anyone any explanation and they may decide to have kept quite despite the blames but your investigation led them to tell you the truth

Snitch, should we not put God on trial as well? Should we not investigate the claims about him? I told you I one cursed God but I investigated and saw I had been wrong all along. What if no one else wants to believe in your investigation and hold on to it, will you change yours to fit theirs, you'll likely defend those people and that is what I'm doing to you as well. I'm not immune to the suffering and injustice you also face. You know agree that popular opinions are not always true. Fans may abuse a coach for not using a player but say he is wicked but they don't know why he chose to. Perhaps he's insulting and refuses to obey rules or cooperate wit teammates. Popular opinions are not always true

See what the Bible says at James 1:13. He says that 'when under trails, let no man say 'I am being tried or tested by God (why) for with evil thing, God cannot be tried( who fit try dat kind thing- impossible) and he himself (that is God) does not try anyone.
God says he is not responsible for our problems. Is it not especially the good ones that suffer today? Just as we can't test God with evil (if you believe it) , then we must accept that he does not cause us to suffer or incite others to act to make us suffer
These atheists will come to start to say nonsense, see how much I wrote cos I know I was once in your shoes. You can choose to hold onto your ideas and blame God or keep listening to these stupid atheists. They don't believe in God or the Bible yet they label him wicked and uncaring.
Will being an atheist make your life more meaningful, happier? Far from it
Learn the truth and it will set you free from lies and all the bad opinions you have and you'll feel liberated

If God does not cause our suffering, the Bible says he cares for us, who then is to blame and are we to suffer endlessly? The answers are found in the Bible. Convincing answers. To learn more, visit jw.org

Atheists who are like bees will come now and say I'm trying to draw you to our religion. I only try to enlighten you with truth just as those teachers and landlord or parents would have done. Those outside may say they tried to brainwash you and make you their friend or even bribe you. The ball is in your own court
My battery has drained from what I've written but before I say goodnight, I hope I'm able to convince and not confuse you but rather clear your doubt that the kind of life we live today is not what God, your Creator wanted for us neither is he responsible for our suffering, he cares about you and me and promised to bring all sufferings to an end. I doubt you'll see anyone else here to tell you these. Truth is rare cos it is bitter. What is true is not common
Goodnight

What does th

2 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
cornelboy:
"

The hypocrisy was too much in Church and why will you judge me for coming late to church without ask why and seeing me drenched but you say God will put me in hellfire. I once look up at night and said ' God, you are wicked!, you don't even help us in the hellish conditions on earth and you take pleasure in seeing people in eternal torment?'.

I was determined to leave religion but I prayed to God by writing a letter begging him to show me the way or I become an atheist. I did not know how to pray so I wrote a letter and left it under a table on the pulpit and did research on all the Churches and religions of the world (including those not in Nigeria).
I was determined to even be a Muslim or Mormon if it were. All of them were no good, they preach peace by mouth but willing to kill. Why will I join any religion that claims to have God's approval and promote peace but in times of conflict, they kill one another in the spirit of patriotism and tribalism.

I happily thought of being an atheist where I can follow selfish interests and not be accountable to God but atheists are the most unhappiest people in the planet. They reflect no true joy, purpose, meaning in life. Most of them die like animals- living a purposeless and meaningless life, at old age, you know your life is purposeless and most die depressed. This is not an assumption, I made research. Their joy is ephemeral."

If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
cornelboy:
"

The hypocrisy was too much in Church and why will you judge me for coming late to church without ask why and seeing me drenched but you say God will put me in hellfire. I once look up at night and said ' God, you are wicked!, you don't even help us in the hellish conditions on earth and you take pleasure in seeing people in eternal torment?'.

I was determined to leave religion but I prayed to God by writing a letter begging him to show me the way or I become an atheist. I did not know how to pray so I wrote a letter and left it under a table on the pulpit and did research on all the Churches and religions of the world (including those not in Nigeria).
I was determined to even be a Muslim or Mormon if it were. All of them were no good, they preach peace by mouth but willing to kill. Why will I join any religion that claims to have God's approval and promote peace but in times of conflict, they kill one another in the spirit of patriotism and tribalism.

I happily thought of being an atheist where I can follow selfish interests and not be accountable to God but atheists are the most unhappiest people in the planet. They reflect no true joy, purpose, meaning in life. Most of them die like animals- living a purposeless and meaningless life, at old age, you know your life is purposeless and most die depressed. This is not an assumption, I made research. Their joy is ephemeral."

If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them.[ 
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
cornelboy:
"

If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
cornelboy:
"

If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them.[
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
cornelboy:
"

If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them.If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them.[
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2023
cornelboy:
"

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
cornelboy:

O, so you are a mountain of fire casualty

You are still empty. The difference is that you have filled the emptiness with people deceiving you that they shall be with you and supply your needs. Sorry.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:40am On Sep 05, 2023
i now remember that I warned you that the way you were going you would surely become an atheist.

And now I understand why you chose jws and their lies.

Jws are obviously atheists trying to deceive God and the world that they are not atheists.

So jws are atheists in hiding. No wonder it pains MaxD when I attack atheists.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 11:39am On Sep 05, 2023
I was just testing some NL features on this thread lol

What is your religion if I may ask?
Dtruthspeaker
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Bwahahahahahaha! All the stereotypes they frighten you with so you can't think.

I was talking with both Christian and Muslim male colleagues and they all had had extra marital affairs but I the supposedly selfish one have yet to smell another woman's pùssy apart from my wife. LoLz.

So because I don't worship something it means I live a purposeless life?

3 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2023
LordReed:

Bwahahahahahaha! All the stereotypes they frighten you with so you can't think.

I was talking with both Christian and Muslim male colleagues and they all had had extra marital affairs but I the supposedly selfish one have yet to smell another woman's pùssy apart from my wife. LoLz.

So because I don't worship something it means I live a purposeless life?

What kind of twisted and jumbled argument is this? Stereotype, adultery, worship crazily jumbled together just for you to say something?

You obviously think people do not see what horrible miserable lives and deaths you people have.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

What kind of twisted and jumbled argument is this? Stereotype, adultery, worship crazily jumbled together just for you to say something?

You obviously think people do not see what horrible miserable lives and deaths you people have.

LoLz! Say you don't know the meaning of selfish let's school your ignorance.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by jaephoenix(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
i now remember that I warned you that the way you were going you would surely become an atheist.

And now I understand why you chose jws and their lies.

Jws are obviously atheists trying to deceive God and the world that they are not atheists.

So jws are atheists in hiding. No wonder it pains MaxD when I attack atheists.

Lol. Why the sudden fixation on atheism by these theists?
Sorry we don't want you guys with us. We have ample number of atheists around. Go away grin
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by jaephoenix(m): 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Last I checked, the life expectancy of relatively irreligious and atheistic countries like Japan, China, Czech are higher than Nigeria and many African countries which are 99% theists.
Dig your head out of the ground and smell reality
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:22am On Sep 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Last I checked, the life expectancy of relatively irreligious and atheistic countries like Japan, China, Czech are higher than Nigeria and many African countries which are 99% theists.
Dig your head out of the ground and smell reality

Only an atheist will see nothing wrong in measuring apples with oranges and Otorkpo with Amsterdam. That is how twisted and unbalanced you people are. And for you to make this fallacious argument is already proof that you had nothing to say.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:28am On Sep 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. Why the sudden fixation on atheism by these theists?
Sorry we don't want you guys with us. We have ample number of atheists around. Go away grin

Says the antitheists who can't live without watching us. grin
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Snitch, listen and gain understanding and correct yourself if you are wrong but move on if you're right

The world is plagues with suffering, evils and injustice. Many people either conclude that God is either responsible or does not care. They acknowledge that there must be a God but suffering exist cos he causes them or he's very uncaring

Let me illustrate some real life scenarios that sound similar

1. In a house where there are tenants occupying, the roof is torn, pipes and leaky and soak away is bad and no power supply but the landlord is not living in the house. The common talk is that the landlord does not care.

2. In a class, all the students fail WAEC, not even one person have an E in any subject. The common talk is that the teachers are either lazy, wicked, unqualified or complacent

3. A child is always looking dirty, brown teeth and smelly and later falls sick. The parents are rich and live in a mansion. The common talk is that the parents are wicked, uncaring, abusive and neglecting the child needs.

4. A busy road has a traffic warden to direct traffic but you later see an accident. A driver in his vehicle on a bad road under construction. People blame the warden that he misled the man to his accident or caused it cos he must have known the road is bad and warned the driver.

All of these are popular opinions as they blame someone for something based on a perspective. But is that always the truth?

Imagine that in
1. You later learn that the landlord was a kind man but travelled out and handed the house over to a caretaker who did not care. The tenants are always violent and destructive. You will change your WRONG view of the landlord. You were right that the house INDEED has a landlord but you were WRONG in blaming him

2. You visit the school and see that it was conducive for learning, efficient labs hardworking teachers from the best universities. On further investigation, you realize that the students who failed were actually rebellious, disrespectful, won't attend classes and tried cheating in the exams but the external invigilator caught them and cancelled their scripts. Will you not change your WRONG view of those teachers? You are aware that the school INDEED must have had teachers. How school go write waec without teacher but you were WRONG by blaming them for the students mistakes

3. About the child, you were right that he INDEED has parents or guardians but what if you investigated and see that the child was bad, he did not want to leave watching TV, he does not accept the nutritional food they give him but wants the ones that can give him diabetes. He does not brush and won't tell the doctors his problem or take any medicine. Will you still continue to blame the parents after your investigation?

4. About the driver, what if you leaned that the driver was rebellious, he asked the warden what right he has to tell him where to go and where not to go. He keeps insulting the warden and zooms away, he enters the road and has an accident. Will you still continue to blame the Warden?

My brother, the teachers, the parents and the landlord do not owe anyone any explanation and they may decide to have kept quite despite the blames but your investigation led them to tell you the truth

Snitch, should we not put God on trial as well? Should we not investigate the claims about him? I told you I one cursed God but I investigated and saw I had been wrong all along. What if no one else wants to believe in your investigation and hold on to it, will you change yours to fit theirs, you'll likely defend those people and that is what I'm doing to you as well. I'm not immune to the suffering and injustice you also face. You know agree that popular opinions are not always true. Fans may abuse a coach for not using a player but say he is wicked but they don't know why he chose to. Perhaps he's insulting and refuses to obey rules or cooperate wit teammates. Popular opinions are not always true

See what the Bible says at James 1:13. He says that 'when under trails, let no man say 'I am being tried or tested by God (why) for with evil thing, God cannot be tried( who fit try dat kind thing- impossible) and he himself (that is God) does not try anyone.
God says he is not responsible for our problems. Is it not especially the good ones that suffer today? Just as we can't test God with evil (if you believe it) , then we must accept that he does not cause us to suffer or incite others to act to make us suffer
These atheists will come to start to say nonsense, see how much I wrote cos I know I was once in your shoes. You can choose to hold onto your ideas and blame God or keep listening to these stupid atheists. They don't believe in God or the Bible yet they label him wicked and uncaring.
Will being an atheist make your life more meaningful, happier? Far from it
Learn the truth and it will set you free from lies and all the bad opinions you have and you'll feel liberated

If God does not cause our suffering, the Bible says he cares for us, who then is to blame and are we to suffer endlessly? The answers are found in the Bible. Convincing answers. To learn more, visit jw.org

Atheists who are like bees will come now and say I'm trying to draw you to our religion. I only try to enlighten you with truth just as those teachers and landlord or parents would have done. Those outside may say they tried to brainwash you and make you their friend or even bribe you. The ball is in your own court
My battery has drained from what I've written but before I say goodnight, I hope I'm able to convince and not confuse you but rather clear your doubt that the kind of life we live today is not what God, your Creator wanted for us neither is he responsible for our suffering, he cares about you and me and promised to bring all sufferings to an end. I doubt you'll see anyone else here to tell you these. Truth is rare cos it is bitter. What is true is not common
Goodnight

Snitch

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mermaid Caught In Lagos, Nigeria / Freedom From The Fear Of Death - Joseph Prince / If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.