Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. (21804 Views)

Nigerians And South Africans Unite To Mock Meek Mill / New Whatsapp Group For Music Producer Only / Best Site For Music Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by Ungodly: 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2022
buygala:
Who are you to judge our taste in Music? ..and why exactly will you use Western criteria to judge an African's taste in music?

So as full-blooded Africans, we should be listening to musicians who sing like Jim Reeves, Luther Vandross, and Rihanna? ...

When we have musicians like late Perikoma, Osadebe, KWAM 1, Arabambi, Ali Jita and our contemporary Zanku and Skelewu musicians.

Am I judging here? Seems comprehension is a thing for you… I’m convinced many of you only read to dish out response here and not to understand.
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by Ungodly: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2022
AYNL:
some people and forming woke with their Stoopid nostalgia, feeling elderly all the time

firstly music doesn't revolve around lyrics alone

secondly there are many genres of music with their styles

thirdly Africans, especially Nigerian will continue to suffer from low self esteem

you mentioned artistes like asa brymo and others, and it left me wondering how much do you even understand music?

you don't judge music on the genre these people do

what about Fuji, juju, folks, gospel,afrobeat?

these artistes and songs you came here to rant about do their things and your faves do theirs too

your faves are known too, tell me why are they not getting the recognition, accolades, rating, awards like the ones you're bashing here?

the reason some Africans will never be free from the shackles if low self esteem is because, if you look beyond Nigerian music, most of these foreign artistes do the same kind of music our own does

the biggest and the best amongst them do the same thing

if you really want to criticize Nigerian artists fort what they do

start from overseas, WTF, what do you even know about music, do you sing?
who said music revolves around lyrics alone? bro I think you didn’t even read the whole article, because if you did you wouldn’t say I bashed those artistes… The point of my post was about Nigerians who majority of them don’t care about lyrics in music and they keep asking for lyrically sound music from artistes that doesn’t make them… There are enough artistes, it’s all left to you as an audience to know the artiste who sing your type of songs and stick with them.
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by Ungodly: 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2022
Karleb:

Thank you.

If it's not in English then it's crap to some people.

Lyrics isn't even everything to music.

How you sing it, the introduction, interlude, outro, syncopations, adlip, riffs, run, beat etc. Matters a lot.

Aside all these, marketing matters the most.

Burna boy is one of those with good quality music in Nigeria and he is selling like pure water. Nullifying the premise of this thread.

Asake's new album is actually very good, some other people might term it noise because it is peculiar with the street but music wise, it is a very good album. In my opinion, it's better than Chike's latest album.
burna boy? Yea he’s good at singing about indian hemp , cult , and violence related music.
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by lilvicky68(m): 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Where did I tell you I have good taste in music? Stop assuming and being defensive. I simply will never listen to or enjoy African noise. Whoever Ed Sheeran is, he mustn't make good music. Never listened to him or heard of him. To each their genre.
Nawa oh.. or maybe you're still living in your own time you wouldn't want to listen to what the youths listen to grin
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by Godsownfc(m): 11:12pm On Nov 09, 2022
We are original Nigerians cool
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by franchasofficia: 7:47am On Nov 10, 2022
Godsownfc:
Hello sir, I pray you should be able to see this whenever you come online, sorry for mentioning you here, though I don't know you but I pray you will be able to come through for me. I really need your help, I'm just helpless and don't know where to go anymore. I'm a student in a federal university, I resume school last week and we found out that our hostel has been burgled during the ASUU strike break. We were so surprised because we didn't know of these, the one that pained me most is that my two clippers and some other things I do used for my side hustle in school (barbing work) has all been stolen too. I am really sad right now because I have used all I saved up during the strike period for my foodstuffs and tfare last week. It is the work that I'm using to sustain myself in school, I sometimes send some fund home and do help friends too whenever need arises through this work. I don't do the work at home but engaged myself in some labourers jobs and menial jobs because I don't have the cash to rent shop and buy all necessary things to open a shop yet but I'm managing a little space in my hostel where I only need a chair, a small mirror and my clippers where I do my job mostly at night.
I'm in a dilemma right now, I will be above happy if I would be able to get a new rechargeable clipper to be managing with now, because without this I don't know how I will be able to get through this semester, please come to my aid, I only had 6k in my account which I intend to use for my pocket money before, and a new one costs 14k. Please help me in whatever way you can sir, I will really appreciate any small help you can render me, I am genuine sir, and I'm ready for verification in case you might want to confirm my studentship. I don't want to do these but no where to go to and no one to help me, Please do this for me and I will forever be grateful to you. May God continue to bless you and your family. Amen
Sorry for the long text.
@Sir franchasofficia
Attach your bank account details, will tell someone to credit u.

May God see you through and keep doing your best, you will look back at this perilous times someday and smile with joy.
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by Godsownfc(m): 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hip hop for life
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by DrDeuce: 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Wafe.
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by Godsownfc(m): 9:04am On Nov 11, 2022
lilvicky68:

Nawa oh.. or maybe you're still living in your own time you wouldn't want to listen to what the youths listen to grin
grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by redrose88: 4:14am On Nov 14, 2022
malali:

I am 99% sure, that boy had signs of autism, look at all his video, he doesnt engage, he is in his own world, he is 3 years old.He also does multiple movements know as "echolalia"
The Adeleke family knew and there were under pressure of time because 1 more year....the whole world would have know.By the time he is 4 years old even an illiterate person would have know this child is "off"
Look at multiple video with Davido and ifeanyi barely any interaction.
Even when swimming with Davido....Davido calls him "this one".....Who calls his child this one?
The boy hardly focuses on camera[/b]

Repeated movements are called echopraxia rather than echolalia. However what caught my eye about your comment was this “even an illiterate would know this child is “off””.

For some reason that I can’t explain, every time I came across photos of this boy I would always flinch or feel somehow disturbed looking at his face.

He had a slackness in his expression that made me uncomfortable and I noticed I would click off or move to the next post to avoid him. But I was confused as to why a picture of an infant I have no connection to would evoke such a response.

Now that you guys have started speculating about various disorders, I wonder if this is what I was having such a strange reaction to.

But whatever the case may be, I still hope that the most sinister and cynical of these speculations around the poor child’s demise are not true…
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by malali: 5:10am On Nov 14, 2022
redrose88:

Repeated movements are called echopraxia rather than echolalia. However what caught my eye about your comment was this “even an illiterate would know this child is “off””.

For some reason that I can’t explain, every time I came across photos of this boy I would always flinch or feel somehow disturbed looking at his face.

He had a slackness in his expression that made me uncomfortable and I noticed I would click off or move to the next post to avoid him. But I was confused as to why a picture of an infant I have no connection to would evoke such a response.

Now that you guys have started speculating about various disorders, I wonder if this is what I was having such a strange reaction to.

But whatever the case may be, I still hope that the most sinister and cynical of these speculations around the poor child’s demise are not true…

Thanks for correcting me, the boy certainly was certainly not neurotypical and the pressure the family would have faced knowing this......could have resulted in anything.
What is surprising me is they all know, Davido, Chioma most likely....because the mother always knows. But they refused to come public with it....like they usually come public with everything else.
I hate to believe ifeanyi's death was orchestrated ....however the preceding glamour and public eye events makes it even more suspicious. Well its Naija, it wont take long before a disgruntled element reveals the truth of what really happened.
You think someone of Davido's fame doesn't have CCTV camera in his house ?? The door wasn't locked in the house that has a pool ??
Oga's son was playing completely by himself .....in a house with at least 5 minders, security, nannies, houseboy, cook...........

There is more to the story !!
I still believe they offed that boy due to the stigma of autism.
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by redrose88: 10:52am On Nov 15, 2022
malali:

Thanks for correcting me, the boy certainly was certainly not neurotypical and the pressure the family would have faced knowing this......could have resulted in anything.
What is surprising me is they all know, Davido, Chioma most likely....because the mother always knows. But they refused to come public with it....like they usually come public with everything else.
I hate to believe ifeanyi's death was orchestrated ....however the preceding glamour and public eye events makes it even more suspicious. Well its Naija, it wont take long before a disgruntled element reveals the truth of what really happened.
You think someone of Davido's fame doesn't have CCTV camera in his house ?? The door wasn't locked in the house that has a pool ??
Oga's son was playing completely by himself .....in a house with at least 5 minders, security, nannies, houseboy, cook...........

There is more to the story !!
I still believe they offed that boy due to the stigma of autism.

Gosh! I really hope you’re wrong. But yes, all the commotion and hubbub, taking her from pillar to post, all over the world like a fast car ride…it was too much, to be honest.

With their wealth and influence maybe they could have turned it into a way of raising awareness? But I don’t know if he would go for that. His branding and image are more about being the “best” and not showing any cracks or flaws.

Hmm! It’s a tricky one.

Rest in peace, little one…
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by malali: 6:31am On Nov 16, 2022
redrose88:

Gosh! I really hope you’re wrong. But yes, all the commotion and hubbub, taking her from pillar to post, all over the world like a fast car ride…it was too much, to be honest.

With their wealth and influence maybe they could have turned it into a way of raising awareness? But I don’t know if he would go for that. His branding and image are more about being the “best” and not showing any cracks or flaws.

Hmm! It’s a tricky one.

Rest in peace, little one…

Very true, Otedola's handle it maturely, Autism and showbiz in Nigeria......would not be welcomed too warmly.
i came very close to buying Davido's house but offers were rejected, that would have been my pool.....on inspection of the house, the doors were bulletproof and going in required biometric sensors and codes and also when locked from the inside, it also required biometrics and code.
If the boy was inside the house and the door was locked..

There is no way a 3 year old boy would have opened those doors. I strongly believe there is more to the story. We are not all as stupid as they want us to be.
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by redrose88: 1:48am On Dec 26, 2022
malali:

Very true, Otedola's handle it maturely, Autism and showbiz in Nigeria......would not be welcomed too warmly.
i came very close to buying Davido's house but offers were rejected, that would have been my pool.....on inspection of the house, the doors were bulletproof and going in required biometric sensors and codes and also when locked from the inside, it also required biometrics and code.
If the boy was inside the house and the door was locked..

There is no way a 3 year old boy would have opened those doors. I strongly believe there is more to the story. We are not all as stupid as they want us to be.

Yes, Otedola approach was better, but one that would be expected from someone of his standing. Actually Davidos family background means that his approach could have been the same but for the path he chose. Like you mentioned, his lifestyle of razzmatazz and celebrity is largely what dictates his steps, even now.

As for the second part of your post … lipsrsealed

It seems you are privy to a little more information than the rest of us which is maybe why you are so adamant that the circumstances of the boys demise were suspicious.

Anyway, a month and change later they seem to be coping well…the past is the past, I guess…
Re: Nigerians And Their Irregular Tastes For Music. by ncoolsome(m): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2023
immortalcrown:
You are wrong. Ask anybody that is well-informed about Nollywood, Dekumzy composed and perfomed that song.

Just made the correction...Adaz did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! / Flavour - Chinny Baby [OFFICIAL VIDEO] / Download Chris Brown-home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.