Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary (24019 Views)

ASUU Holds NEC Meeting Over Strike / Anambra Adopts Saturday As School Day To Replace Monday Over IPOB’s Sit-At-Home / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Bigchristo: 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2022
fergie001:

|SOURCE|
FG is playing with Nigeria education system
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by tonyson010(m): 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2022
Fryzi:
They cannot invest in education, but they have money to redesign currency & buy sniffer dogs. Currupt politicians whose certificates are questionable will never understand what education is. Season 2 of ASUU strike looming under one year & in the space of nearly 2 weeks.

more suffering to students. many who are supposed to graduate will likely be forced to do extra year.

missing results will be flying up and down.

this is really sad. bad government putting more frustrations on students.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Melagros(m): 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
Yousuph007:
Group of insane pipu
I dey tell you, you hit the nail on the head
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2022
Parachoko:
The FG can sack any lecturer that goes on strike for receiving half payment unless the staff can show he or she worked for a full month in October.
Where did you get that from?
The FG cannot sack a worker for embarking on unionism. The case of the 44unilorin lecturers settled that.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Neoteny7: 12:02am On Nov 05, 2022
[quote author=Fryzi post=118129064][/quote]

You cannot even quote someone probably.

Just another idiot
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Peskid: 3:32am On Nov 05, 2022
GboyegaD:
Should they go on strike at this time, it is going to be a big shame on them. They could have chosen not to resume than keep risking the lives of students making them travel when they know their demands are yet to be met.
Bros Abeg reply me for mail
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by udemzyudex(m): 3:43am On Nov 05, 2022
I pity some mumu students siding the FG on this,na una go suffer am.

Some are already crying and saying the burden is too much, and are already preparing for exams, so many carry overs wey go dey ehn.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Fuckyoumod: 3:50am On Nov 05, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Ọr dẹh
This is the senseless mentality that has turned many of you to ass-lickers.
On top 30k wey these rouges dey give una, una don turn slaves. I pity your future and generation.
E-diot
who is this street arab?
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by FuckTheMod: 3:53am On Nov 05, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
who is this street arab?
Weyrey
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Doyou2019: 4:13am On Nov 05, 2022
John4B:
This ASUU is just too annoying, how do u expect government to pay u money u didn't work for after wasting students time and parents money.

Well perhaps that's because this same government was paying people like Basheeeeeeru Ahaaaamedddi when the idiot was off contesting primary elections in his state.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by RAFZY(m): 4:18am On Nov 05, 2022
When two Elephant fight the grass suffers
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by GboyegaD(m): 4:21am On Nov 05, 2022
Peskid:
Bros Abeg reply me for mail

Will check that email over the weekend.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JAGS001(m): 5:01am On Nov 05, 2022
No sleep for the wicked @ASUU lol
FG ment on this grin Buhari keeping one of his promise on you no work you no go chop grin i like this no more strike in Nigerian university ASUU power is broken totally.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by starz100: 5:03am On Nov 05, 2022
As it stands now the instrumentality of strike has failed, and it would be fool hardy for ASUU to declare one at the moment. With the courts already on the matter, the union has limited moves to make without being checkmated. Add this to the rising students frustration, you will understand that its only a matter of time before they the students take their destiny in their hands like the EndSARS protest.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Parachoko: 6:48am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Where did you get that from?
The FG cannot sack a worker for embarking on unionism. The case of the 44unilorin lecturers settled that.
Go and ask ASUU in Kogi State what Yahaya bello did or make you ask ASUU in LASU what happened to them.

An employee can't dictate to his/her employer, any lecturer that's not comfortable can just resign.

Any lecturer that have a prove he/she worked for full month will be paid fully. Some schools never even resume and them want full payment, where is this kind of nonsense done
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:54am On Nov 05, 2022
Parachoko:
Go and ask ASUU in Kogi State what Yahaya bello did or make you ask ASUU in LASU what happened to them.

An employee can't dictate to his/her employer, any lecturer that's not comfortable can just resign.

Any lecturer that have a prove he/she worked for full month will be paid fully. Some schools never even resume and them want full payment, where is this kind of nonsense done
I don't know about ASUU in Kogi or LASU. Whatever happened there is their personal problem. What is obvious is the govt does not care about the students. If they did, they won't be hard-headed concerning lecturers who resumed out of respect for a court order not that you did what you're supposed to do as a responsible govt.
You don't get paid by showing proof that you worked in civil service. I don't know what you know but civil service is not casual service.
The president just traveled on two weeks medical leave. Will he be paid or is it going to be deducted from his salary?
Tell me
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Parachoko: 6:58am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I don't know about ASUU in Kogi or LASU. Whatever happened there is their personal problem. What is obvious is the govt does not care about the students. If they did, they won't be hard-headed concerning lecturers who resumed out of respect for a court order not that you did what you're supposed to do as a responsible govt.
You don't get paid by showing proof that you worked in civil service. I don't know what you know but civil service is not casual service.
The president just traveled on two weeks medical leave. Will he be paid or is it going to be deducted from his salary?
Tell me
The Govt. have been begging ASUU to call off the strike since March, if ASUU really love the students, they would have call off the strike.

They said the strike is not about their salary, so why should they be crying because of half salary. Any lecturer that's not ready to work should be sack.

An employee can't be deciding for an employer.

What happened to ASUU members in Kogi and Lagos will happen to any of them that refuse to work unless the FG is going to be soft on them.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2022
Parachoko:
The Govt. have been begging ASUU to call off the strike since March, if ASUU really love the students, they would have call off the strike.

They said the strike is not about their salary, so why should they be crying because of half salary. Any lecturer that's not ready to work should be sack.

An employee can't be deciding for an employer.

What happened to ASUU members in Kogi and Lagos will happen to any of them that refuse to work unless the FG is going to be soft on them.

I never knew when the employer fails to fulfill his responsibility, he replaces that with begging. Are you paid in begging currency where you work? Since begging works so well for you, why don't you apply to a university and lecture so you can be begged at the end of every month?
When did they say the strike is not about their salaries? It's about salaries and other duties which FG neglected over there years.

An employee can and will demand for his rights from his employer.

That road has been walked before and we all know the outcome. So stop issuing empty threats that even the govt will not dare issue.
Like I said, whatever happened to Kogi and LASU ASUU is their personal problem. It was never brought to the attention of ASUU national. You think ASUU is made up of low lifes and riffraffs you can threaten anyhow?
How many of you govt supporters can sit down and write a program that can compete with a World Bank program and even beat it?
This is part of why this country will never develop.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Parachoko: 7:11am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I never knew when the employer fails to fulfill his responsibility
What responsibility are you talking about?

Did they work and the FG didn't pay them?

Any lecturer that's not comfortable with the system should resign abeg, is not by force to work as a lecturer in a Federal Institution.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:17am On Nov 05, 2022
Parachoko:

Tell me what they want

It's obvious you don't understand simple principles of negotiation. They were on strike. After 3 months, the govt instituted no work, no pay. They refused to budge until a court sat and asked them to resume. In obedience to court order, they did.
What you forget is they didn't resume based on any action by FG but a court order. That means they are on the right side of the law.
Strikes are recognized by the law and courts as negotiation tools. So if the govt decides to be high-handed, when they proceed on another strike I hope you'll know where to channel your anger.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Parachoko: 7:18am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's obvious you don't understand simple principles of negotiation. They were on strike. After 3 months, the govt instituted no work, no pay. They refused to budge until a court sat and asked them to resume. In obedience to court order, they did.
What you forget is they didn't resume based on any action by FG but a court order. That means they are on the right side of the law.
Strikes are recognized by the law and courts as negotiation tools. So if the govt decides to be high-handed, when they proceed on another strike I hope you'll know where to channel your anger.
Good! They resume because the court directed them to do so, any of them that worked for the full month in October should com forward with evidence.

The Court directed them to resume immediately, let the lecturers come forward and show they worked for a full month in October.

You're talking as if the FG is not paying them.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2022
Parachoko:

Any lecturer that's not comfortable with the system should resign abeg, is not by force to work as a lecturer in a Federal Institution.

In one breath, you accuse doctors who are leaving in droves of not loving the country. In another, you say lecturers should resign. As I said, you Nigerians are the main problem of Nigeria.
Lecturers are already resigning. Go to Ghana, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, you'll find so many Nigerian lecturers there.
What is painful is most of them went there on govt funds. But they are not coming back.
So who is losing? You don't know anything about anything.
Keep supporting those who are killing the education sector while they send their children abroad. Did you study in UK BTW?
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2022
Parachoko:
Good! They resume because the court directed them to do so, any of them that worked for the full month in October should com forward with evidence.

The Court directed them to resume immediately, let the lecturers come forward and show they worked for a full month in October.

You're talking as if the FG is not paying them.

The court directed them to resume and ASUU called off the strike ASAP. The fact I'm pointing out to you is that, ASUU still have the case in court of their demands, which if you're not aware, they actually already won that particular case before. The civil service rule does not say you only get paid for the days you worked. It's not a casual service like people like you are thinking.

Now the question is what ground the govt have to keep stoking the embers of strife with ASUU if not because they just don't care about the Universities. We saw this with OBJ towards the end of his tenure. May I ask what was the ultimate result?
I thought they've registered CONUA. Let them call them to resume na grin grin grin
I can tell you that situation will only make matters worse down the line. Govt is made up of rabble rousers not critical thinkers
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Parachoko: 7:28am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

In one breath, you accuse doctors who are leaving in droves of not loving the country.
Can you show evidence I said this?

I no get time for mumu talk this morning abegi

Even if me sef be lecturer or Doctor and I see a better offer, I go japa.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigerian-doctors-in-uk-lament-exploitation-slave-labour/%3famp

Look at this report, why can't they go on strike against their employee in the UK?

If you're not happy with your employee, you have two choice, leave or stay.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Parachoko: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

The court directed them to resume and ASUU called off the strike ASAP. The fact I'm pointing out to you is that, ASUU still have the case in court of their demands, which if you're not aware, they actually already won that particular case before. The civil service rule does not say you only get paid for the days you worked. It's not a casual service like people like you are thinking.

Now the question is what ground the govt have to keep stoking the embers of strife with ASUU if not because they just don't care about the Universities. We saw this with OBJ towards the end of his tenure. May I ask what was the ultimate result?
I thought they've registered CONUA. Let them call them to resume na grin grin grin
I can tell you that situation will only make matters worse down the line. Govt is made up of rabble rousers not critical thinkers
All this mumu argument don tire me abeg

Any ASUU member wey no happy should resign.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2022
Parachoko:
Can you show evidence I said this?

I no get time for mumu talk this morning abegi

Even if me sef be lecturer or Doctor and I see a better offer, I go japa.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigerian-doctors-in-uk-lament-exploitation-slave-labour/%3famp

Look at this report, why can't they go on strike against their employee in the UK?

If you're not happy with your employee, you have two choice, leave or stay.
I'm speaking generally here. I've seen one govt supporter who was cursing doctors for leaving the country. There you are telling lecturers to also leave. Funny ngige said doctors are too many and those who want to, should leave. Your fellow govt supporter didn't see Ngige to curse but a doctor who works in the poorest condition.
Lol. Read the link na. Do you even know what the whole thing is about? Do you know that particular issue is worse in Nigeria and no one dares to complain?
That's your own theory. Unfortunately, you don't make the rules. Strikes are recognized as veritable tools of negotiation all over the world.
Rail workers went on strike in UK recently. I don't hear they were paid for only the days they worked.
Ditto health workers in UK.
Don't be a slave to govt. You might like the people in govt. Doesn't mean you should absolve them of responsibility in the rot that Nigeria has become and start fighting the wrong people.
Their children are abroad studying in the best environments. Always let that sink in.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:38am On Nov 05, 2022
Parachoko:
All this mumu argument don tire me abeg

Any ASUU member wey no happy should resign.
Well, you shouldn't have started a mumu argument when you know you get tired easily.

There Bible says answer a fool according to his folly lest he thinks himself wise

ASUU members will not resign. They'll simply lock the schools up and throw away the keys and there's nothing you or any other govt supporter can do about it but rant online.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by gassbee: 11:12am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Tell me
is a medical leave same thing as going on strike
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

The court ordered them to resume, but ASUU refused and took the case to the Apellate court where they met a brick wall. Let's not try to twist facts for records sake.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Well, you shouldn't have started a mumu argument when you know you get tired easily.

There Bible says answer a fool according to his folly lest he thinks himself wise

ASUU members will not resign. They'll simply lock the schools up and throw away the keys and there's nothing you or any other govt supporter can do about it but rant online.
Lol, your last paragraph is comedic.
The lecturers should migrate or look for a better paying job if they are not satisfied with the conditions of their present job.
Anything apart from that will only bring more misery to the union.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 11:32am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'm speaking generally here. I've seen one govt supporter who was cursing doctors for leaving the country. There you are telling lecturers to also leave. Funny ngige said doctors are too many and those who want to, should leave. Your fellow govt supporter didn't see Ngige to curse but a doctor who works in the poorest condition.
Lol. Read the link na. Do you even know what the whole thing is about? Do you know that particular issue is worse in Nigeria and no one dares to complain?
That's your own theory. Unfortunately, you don't make the rules. Strikes are recognized as veritable tools of negotiation all over the world.
Rail workers went on strike in UK recently. I don't hear they were paid for only the days they worked.
Ditto health workers in UK.
Don't be a slave to govt. You might like the people in govt. Doesn't mean you should absolve them of responsibility in the rot that Nigeria has become and start fighting the wrong people.
Their children are abroad studying in the best environments. Always let that sink in.
Rest oga, and stop calling UK.
Where in UK did they strike for 9 months and then 8 months a year later.
FG started engaging ASUU on the strike since February. But the similarly corrupt union as fg were demanding for this and that including instantaneous 180% salary increment.
Go and talk to undergraduates to tell you about their lecturers. Some of them will even tell you they can't wait for the strike so they can go and rest.
Now that's not business as usual, they are kicking left and right.
So they thought their salaries would be intact before by dragging the case with FG without giving thoughts to the irretrievable time the students were losing.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2022
gassbee:
is a medical leave same thing as going on strike
Medical leave should be with a letter from the doctor detailing why you need to go on the leave.
Anything else and it will be without pay or deducted from the normal 30 working days leave
That's civil service rule

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilag Merit Admission List For 2011/2012 Session Is Out / Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors? / WAEC Cancels 2014 Results Of Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.