Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary (24026 Views)

ASUU Holds NEC Meeting Over Strike / Anambra Adopts Saturday As School Day To Replace Monday Over IPOB’s Sit-At-Home / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

The court ordered them to resume, but ASUU refused and took the case to the Apellate court where they met a brick wall. Let's not try to twist facts for records sake.
What's this guy saying
What's wrong in going on appeal again?
Was it not FG that took the case to court in the first place
Most of you just want to criticize because you feel you can
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:55am On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Lol, your last paragraph is comedic.
The lecturers should migrate or look for a better paying job if they are not satisfied with the conditions of their present job.
Anything apart from that will only bring more misery to the union.
You don't need to tell lecturers to migrate they are already migrating. How many departments in technology, medical sciences and Arts can boast of five professors in most Nigerian universities
Soon you'll come and complain about fallen standard is education
The union is not and cannot be in misery. If OBJ can ultimately fail over ASUU, all these ones are just catching cruise
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by gassbee: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Medical leave should be with a letter from the doctor detailing why you need to go on the leave.
Anything else and it will be without pay or deducted from the normal 30 working days leave
That's civil service rule
and you really feel proper documentation was not made for his medical leave
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Rest oga, and stop calling UK.
Where in UK did they strike for 9 months and then 8 months a year later.
FG started engaging ASUU on the strike since February. But the similarly corrupt union as fg were demanding for this and that including instantaneous 180% salary increment.
Go and talk to undergraduates to tell you about their lecturers. Some of them will even tell you they can't wait for the strike so they can go and rest.
Now that's not business as usual, they are kicking left and right.
So they thought their salaries would be intact before by dragging the case with FG without giving thoughts to the irretrievable time the students were losing.
But they strike in UK and the govt listened until their demands. True or false
Your govt first claimed they can't be ASUU's demands. Only to start running helter skelter when the strike became an albatross on their necks.
When last did lecturers get increment? What's the pay of a PhD holder in Nigerian Universities?
So the govt didn't think about the students when they were nonchalant with ASUU's demands?
The education Minister has come out to admit he's a failure
You're here criticizing lecturers while the Junior Minister for labor took up an extra job as a campaign spokesperson in the middle of an intractable industrial strike affecting millions.
Hypocrites like you did not see anything wrong with that but I'm sure you think it is wrong for lecturers to lecture in two institutions!!
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You don't need to tell lecturers to migrate they are already migrating. How many departments in technology, medical sciences and Arts can boast of five professors in most Nigerian universities
Soon you'll come and complain about fallen standard is education
The union is not and cannot be in misery. If OBJ can ultimately fail over ASUU, all these ones are just catching cruise
Seems you are not close to many lecturers.
Which government in the past has held their salaries for 8 months before?
They always come back from strike to meet their salaries, that's why they still persist with strike up till now even when they know it's no longer effective. They know at least it will buy them time while they face their private affairs.
Many of them are already grossly indebted, hence the bitterness when they got half salary alerts.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
gassbee:
and you really feel proper documentation was not made for his medical leave
Show the documentation. He's on leave yet he didn't communicate to Nass if you leave.
Why didn't he patronize a Nigerian hospital by the way?
Is it good for our national security and sovereignty that the president is being treated in a foreign land by foreign doctors?
I hope you realize the UK govt has the dossier on the medical condition of your president while you the citizens who employed him and foot his medical bills do not
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

But they strike in UK and the govt listened until their demands. True or false
Your govt first claimed they can't be ASUU's demands. Only to start running helter skelter when the strike became an albatross on their necks.
When last did lecturers get increment? What's the pay of a PhD holder in Nigerian Universities?
So the govt didn't think about the students when they were nonchalant with ASUU's demands?
The education Minister has come out to admit he's a failure
You're here criticizing lecturers while the Junior Minister for labor took up an extra job as a campaign spokesperson in the middle of an intractable industrial strike affecting millions.
Hypocrites like you did not see anything wrong with that but I'm sure you think it is wrong for lecturers to lecture in two institutions!!
Nobody will listen to ASUU 180% increment overnight.
Everytime the government always put an offer on the table, but they always refuse and ask for more in arrogance.
You are the hypocrites here together with the lecturers. Because once these same lecturers get an opportunity in politics they quickly dump lecturing jobs and start practicing what they criticized when they were lecturers.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Seems you are not close to many lecturers.
Which government in the past has held their salaries for 8 months before?
They always come back from strike to meet their salaries, that's why they still persist with strike up till now even when they know it's no longer effective. They know at least it will buy them time while they face their private affairs.
Many of them are already grossly indebted, hence the bitterness when they got half salary alerts.
First of all, the govt held their salaries three months into the strike.
Secondly, contrary to your belief, this is not the first govt to hold their salaries. Buhari 1980s did it. OBJ did it. Some even got sacked under OBJ.
The simple question I want to ask you is if their demands are justifiable in the face of the reality of our University system. Do you think their demands are unjust?
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What's this guy saying
What's wrong in going on appeal again?
Was it not FG that took the case to court in the first place
Most of you just want to criticize because you feel you can
When court asked ASUU to go back to work, ASUU refused.
Instead they dragged FG to appeal court where they ran out of options.
Do you want to deny that again?

If they had the chance, they would have taken the case up to supreme Court

If they are the law abiding saints you are trying to paint them, why didn't they obey the NICN then? Before they were knocked back by appeal court
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Nobody will listen to ASUU 180% increment overnight.
Everytime the government always put an offer on the table, but they always refuse and ask for more in arrogance.
You are the hypocrites here together with the lecturers. Because once these same lecturers get an opportunity in politics they quickly dump lecturing jobs and start practicing what they criticized when they were lecturers.

Well, that means the same system continues. A PhD holder earning less than 500K as an academic while a 1st degree holder earns millions in a political office makes absolute sense to you right?
That's why we are saying the govt should make political office less attractive and put more money into learning and research.
Have you seen a nation that developed by having large number of politics and low number of intellectuals?
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

First of all, the govt held their salaries three months into the strike.
Secondly, contrary to your belief, this is not the first govt to hold their salaries. Buhari 1980s did it. OBJ did it. Some even got sacked under OBJ.
The simple question I want to ask you is if their demands are justifiable in the face of the reality of our University system. Do you think their demands are unjust?

Wether their demands are just or unjust, i support the FG to continue to barter ASUU blue black by always trying to use an ineffective method like strike to press home demands.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

When court asked ASUU to go back to work, ASUU refused.
Instead they dragged FG to appeal court where they ran out of options.
Do you want to deny that again?

If they had the chance, they would have taken the case up to supreme Court

If they are the law abiding saints you are trying to paint them, why didn't they obey the NICN then? Before they were knocked back by appeal court
What is to deny there?
Are you ignorant of how the legal system works or what? What exactly is wrong with exercising the right of appeal? Can you educate me on that?
It is issues you don't understand the legal system. I hope you're aware femi falana is the lawyer to ASUU. Because I don't really understand your grouse with a body exercising the right of appeal.
The govt failed in negotiations and approached the court.
But you don't seem to have a problem with a govt that consistently fails in everything
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Wether their demands are just or unjust, i support the FG to continue to barter ASUU blue black by always trying to use an ineffective method like strike to press home demands.
Lol. Ok. Can you mention the effective method?
Educate ASUU on the best method to apply to press home the demands they've been on since 2002
In one breath you wail that students' time is being wasted, in another breath, you say FG is battering ASUU.
What difference does it make if you spend four years and you don't get the best education? Are you better off? Really?
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What is to deny there?
Are you ignorant of how the legal system works or what? What exactly is wrong with exercising the right of appeal? Can you educate me on that?
It is issues you don't understand the legal system. I hope you're aware femi falana is the lawyer to ASUU. Because I don't really understand your grouse with a body exercising the right of appeal.
The govt failed in negotiations and approached the court.
But you don't seem to have a problem with a govt that consistently fails in everything
Oga
You only appeal something when you don't want to obey.
ASUU weren't interested in obeying the NICN ruling.
That's when they when to appellate court to appeal that they don't want to go back to work at the same time praying for their employers to pay them for 8 months out of work period.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by gassbee: 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Show the documentation. He's on leave yet he didn't communicate to Nass if you leave.
Why didn't he patronize a Nigerian hospital by the way?
Is it good for our national security and sovereignty that the president is being treated in a foreign land by foreign doctors?
I hope you realize the UK govt has the dossier on the medical condition of your president while you the citizens who employed him and foot his medical bills do not
i dont have d documentation, but in your biased mind you really think NASS is not aware.
As per hospital he has the right to visit the hospital of his choice for his health concern.
You are talking like dis because u r not in his position n secondly you cant afford the best medical treatment abroad
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Lol. Ok. Can you mention the effective method?
Educate ASUU on the best method to apply to press home the demands they've been on since 2002
In one breath you wail that students' time is being wasted, in another breath, you say FG is battering ASUU.
What difference does it make if you spend four years and you don't get the best education? Are you better off? Really?
If ASUU don't have an idea of an effective method, you think the best thing is to keep employing an ineffective one?
If you remove your mind from the default setting that whoever is against ASUU is on fg side, then you'll understand me better.
Lastly, if Osodeke should become the minister of education today, he will also become everything he has criticized in the past

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
gassbee:
i dont have d documentation, but in your biased mind you really think NASS is not aware.
As per hospital he has the right to visit the hospital of his choice for his health concern.
You are talking like dis because u r not in his position n secondly you cant afford the best medical treatment abroad
It's not a question of bias. If he transmitted a letter to Nass, it will be read during plenary and no letter was read.
It's not about me being able to afford medical treatment abroad or not. I'm sure you can't too so I don't know why you feel a need to defend another person's privileges when you're not a beneficiary.
It's about the appropriateness of having a president of a country putting his medical issues in the hand of a foreign country. It exposes us to risk, Yes or no?
An implant can be put in his brain to teleguide his thoughts and you'll know nothing about it for example. We don't take a lot of things seriously in Africa that's why the whole world don't rate us
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Oga
You only appeal something when you don't want to obey.
ASUU weren't interested in obeying the NICN ruling.
That's when they when to appellate court to appeal that they don't want to go back to work at the same time praying for their employers to pay them for 8 months out of work period.
Wrong!!
You appeal a case when you feel justice was not done. Is not about obeying or not. Everyone who approaches a court is bound to obey the Court's decision. Obedience to court order is not a matter of choice. Appeal is a matter of choice as long as the system allows.
The aspect of being paid the backlog will end up in their favour. It's a question of time and no be today.
If it pains you that people can go and strike and still get paid, ensure your govt does the right thing.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

If ASUU don't have an idea of an effective method, you think the best thing is to keep employing an ineffective one?
If you remove your mind from the default setting that whoever is against ASUU is on fg side, then you'll understand me better.
Lastly, if Osodeke should become the minister of education today, he will also become everything he has criticized in the past
If you don't have an idea of an effective method, then why do you criticize something you can't do better?
Your case is like a football fan who says a keeper didn't jump high enough to keep the ball out of the net.
I understand you. You're biased against ASUU for whatever reason without looking at the big picture. Is the University system as it should be? Is it morally right for politicians to do everything to ensure their children stay out of Nigerian University system while not doing anything to ensure the system is good enough for those who have no choice but to patronize it?
Osodeke is not ASUU. There have been ASUU before him and there'll certainly be after him. ASUU is about protecting the University system and lecturers' interest and not about what Osodeke will do or not. ASUU is not all about osodeke.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by gassbee: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's not a question of bias. If he transmitted a letter to Nass, it will be read during plenary and no letter was read.
It's not about me being able to afford medical treatment abroad or not. I'm sure you can't too so I don't know why you feel a need to defend another person's privileges when you're not a beneficiary.
It's about the appropriateness of having a president of a country putting his medical issues in the hand of a foreign country. It exposes us to risk, Yes or no?
An implant can be put in his brain to teleguide his thoughts and you'll know nothing about it for example. We don't take a lot of things seriously in Africa that's why the whole world don't rate us
yes i cannot afford it but am not complaining but u r d one complaining and feeling pained because he went abroad for his medical treatment. All dat implant u mentioned is total crap.
Any president has d right to visit a hospital of his choice for medical treatment and there is nothing u can do to stop that
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
gassbee:
yes i cannot afford it but am not complaining but u r d one complaining and feeling pained because he went abroad for his medical treatment. All dat implant u mentioned is total crap.
Any president has d right to visit a hospital of his choice for medical treatment and there is nothing u can do to stop that
And you know I'm pained how?

As I said, you can't afford it. Yet you're defending someone who is supposed to provide something similar here who refused to simply because he can afford to go out for it. It is just like a mother going to a fancy restaurant to eat while her children are at home starving. How does it make sense?

Just to show that you're not pained? I hope if your boss uses your salary to buy shoe instead of paying you, you will say at least he can afford it. Funny enough the Buhari you're defending criticised foreign medical tourism before he became president in 2015. I guess he was pained then.

A president should be treated by his country's medical services. It's a question of national pride and sovereignty. Let me know when the US president visits Nigeria for medical check-up. Oh wait. That's too far. Let me know when the Ghanaian president visits Nigeria for medical check-up.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

If you don't have an idea of an effective method, then why do you criticize something you can't do better?
Your case is like a football fan who says a keeper didn't jump high enough to keep the ball out of the net.
I understand you. You're biased against ASUU for whatever reason without looking at the big picture. Is the University system as it should be? Is it morally right for politicians to do everything to ensure their children stay out of Nigerian University system while not doing anything to ensure the system is good enough for those who have no choice but to patronize it?
Osodeke is not ASUU. There have been ASUU before him and there'll certainly be after him. ASUU is about protecting the University system and lecturers' interest and not about what Osodeke will do or not. ASUU is not all about osodeke.
The solution to the problem and any other one is to have good leaders. Not for ASUU to be using style and abscond from work 8 months annually.
I only used Osodeke as an example to represent the lecturers. There are many lectures who left academic to pick up appointments in politics.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by JJuanMiguel: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Wrong!!
You appeal a case when you feel justice was not done. Is not about obeying or not. Everyone who approaches a court is bound to obey the Court's decision. Obedience to court order is not a matter of choice. Appeal is a matter of choice as long as the system allows.
[/b]The aspect of being paid the backlog will end up in their favour. It's a question of time and no be today.[b]
If it pains you that people can go and strike and still get paid, ensure your govt does the right thing.
Lol,
It's that old belief and mentality that has been encouraging ASUU to abscond from work, but it won't be that way forever.
Half payment of October salary is just a pointer to ASUU that there's no discussion about the arrears.
100% Buhari won't pay that money.
It's left for the lecturers to make up their minds

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by vicath(f): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sadly, the poor students are at the receiving end. Anyway, message me on how to study in Mauritius for less. Bachelors is only 3 years.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by gassbee: 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

And you know I'm pained how?

As I said, you can't afford it. Yet you're defending someone who is supposed to provide something similar here who refused to simply because he can afford to go out for it. It is just like a mother going to a fancy restaurant to eat while her children are at home starving. How does it make sense?

Just to show that you're not pained? I hope if your boss uses your salary to buy shoe instead of paying you, you will say at least he can afford it. Funny enough the Buhari you're defending criticised foreign medical tourism before he became president in 2015. I guess he was pained then.

A president should be treated by his country's medical services. It's a question of national pride and sovereignty. Let me know when the US president visits Nigeria for medical check-up. Oh wait. That's too far. Let me know when the Ghanaian president visits Nigeria for medical check-up.
incase u r not aware , most african presidents go abroad for their medical treatment and you cannot stop that.
You are asking if a US president can visit Nigeria for medical check up, we do not have d best medical facilities here, people go to US and UK because they have the best medical facilities.
No matter how we try to improve our medical facilities here it can never match wat we have abroad.
Even u wey dey stress urself on top pmb medical treatment am sure u cannot afford the top private hospital we have in lagos here.
You are talking like this based on your background and where u r coming from
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
gassbee:
incase u r not aware , most african presidents go abroad for their medical treatment and you cannot stop that.
You are asking if a US president can visit Nigeria for medical check up, we do not have d best medical facilities here, people go to US and UK because they have the best medical facilities.
No matter how we try to improve our medical facilities here it can never match wat we have abroad.
Even u wey dey stress urself on top pmb medical treatment am sure u cannot afford the top private hospital we have in lagos here.
You are talking like this based on your background and where u r coming from
Most African presidents travel abroad for healthcare cause they simply don't care about the country. May I inform you that throughout OBJ's eight years, he never traveled abroad for medical check-up. Have you ever wondered why during the covid pandemic, African leaders did not travel abroad and I don't recall any of them dying in that period? Think about that. For your information, Abuja and Lagos have medical facilities that can compare with a good number in the West. In any case, Aso clinic can easily be upgraded if there's need to instead of leaving it without syringe and paracetamol. So stop making it seem as if African presidents have no choice. It's a deliberate choice they made because they don't care about the country they claim to govern.
And I can already see your mentality from your statement that we can never match foreign hospitals here. That's an inferiority complex which is what the leaders want you to have so you can feel you don't deserve better and you can't have better.
You don't need to worry about what I can afford and what I can't. It's not a subject I need to engage you in since what I spend is not from your Nigerian purse. The president you're defending has packed an aircraft in a British hangar where it will accumulate bills to be paid in hard currency.
Same hard currency can be used to import medical equipment to take care of him in Nigeria if he so easily wishes.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by gassbee: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Most African presidents travel abroad for healthcare better they simply don't care about the country. May I inform you that throughout OBJ's eight years, he never traveled abroad for medical check-up. Have you ever wondered why during the covid pandemic African leaders did not travel abroad and I don't recall any of them dying in that period? Think about that. For your information, Abuja and Lagos have medical facilities that can compare with a good number in the West. In any case, Aso clinic can easily be upgraded if there's need to indeed it's leaving it without syringe and paracetamol. So stop meeting with as if African presidents have no choice. It's a deliberate choice they made because they don't feel care about the country they claim to govern.
And I can already see your mentality from your statement that we can never match foreign hospitals here. That's an inferiority complex which is what the leaders want you to have so you can feel you don't deserve better and you can't have better.
You don't need to worry about what I can afford and what I can't. It's not a subject I need to engage you in since what I spend is not from your Nigerian purse. The president you're defending has packed an aircraft in a British hangar where it will accumulate bills to be paid in hard currency.
Same hard currency can be used to import medical equipment to take care of him in Nigeria if he so easily wishes.
see d way u r talking , who are you to dictate to someone where he wishes to go for his medical treatment. You better go n take care of yourself
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Ibegtodiffer: 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Buhari and ApC have completely finished the country, I've seen enough at the gate and I'm tired
Oga, no be contract job. In civil service, 15 days is termed a month. Moreover, the 8 years of work (in the form of EAA) has not been paid.

You dey owe worker and still claiming no work no pay. Only in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
gassbee:
see d way u r talking , who are you to dictate to someone where he wishes to go for his medical treatment. You better go n take care of yourself
I already said you have an inferior mentality. That's why you feel your politicians should not be held accountable. Mind you, you think lecturers have no right to demand for their rights from same politicians. You're one of the reasons why some school of thought believe democracy is not practicable in Africa because the citizens are too peasant-like in thinking.
Why don't you ask Buhari who he is to dictate to Jonathan where he should go for medical treatment in 2015?
You need to take care of your mentality. Being a slave or bootlicker to politicians for crumbs does not make you a better person. Instead, it reduces you to less than human in their eyes and they start to ride roughshod over you while you continue praising them.
Slavery comes in different forms
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

The solution to the problem and any other one is to have good leaders. Not for ASUU to be using style and abscond from work 8 months annually.
I only used Osodeke as an example to represent the lecturers. There are many lectures who left academic to pick up appointments in politics.
You raised the solution and you raised the weakness for the solution in same breath.
There solution does not lie with ASUU because ASUU is not a political party or an electoral college.
Lecturers take up political appointments to contribute their quota. They can't go beyond the remit afforded them by the appointing authority. The 2009 agreement was signed by a lecturer who was president. Same agreement is now unimplementable by a president who does not see education as priority.
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by gassbee: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I already said you have an inferior mentality. That's why you feel your politicians should not be held accountable. Mind you, you think lecturers have no right to demand for their rights from same politicians. You're one of the reasons why some school of thought believe democracy is not practicable in Africa because the citizens are too peasant-like in thinking.
Why don't you ask Buhari who he is to dictate to Jonathan where he should go for medical treatment in 2015?
You need to take care of your mentality. Being a slave or bootlicker to politicians for crumbs does not make you a better person. Instead, it reduces you to less than human in their eyes and they start to ride roughshod over you while you continue praising them.
Slavery comes in different forms
Go n hussle and make money so u can see things differently and reason better
Re: ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary by Fryzi(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2022
Neoteny7:

You cannot even quote someone probably.

Just another idiot
You fool, take your frustration somewhere else. Stop quoting me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilag Merit Admission List For 2011/2012 Session Is Out / WAEC Cancels 2014 Results Of Candidates / Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.