Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members (18985 Views)

UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / University Of Maiduguri Issues Stay At Home Notice To All Staff / ASUU Issues Fresh Threat To President Buhari’s Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
tnerro1:

Lazy man, if u manage to have workers, let them work half month and pay them full salaries.

U cannot even owe your worker who has stolen your money half month. Until proven guilty and decided in a court of law. Lawless Nigerians.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by tnerro1(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

Hmm oshay.. we have labour laws and if u look at it critically, they cannot be owed one bit. Besides u can't even pay ur worker half month because she or he worked half month with good reasons. Terms of employment will not allow that. I will not insult u but school u. Oga learn ABC before you speak or write jargon

Please school master, state the good reasons that made them to work half month? And please also state the things the students that stayed home for 8 months should benefit also. Don’t only fight for one side.

Waiting
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by haslaw(m): 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

Oga abeg rest, u know nothing

You that knew everything lost in court.

F00000l
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by haslaw(m): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
geewean:

And also arrest you for the imbecilic comment.

ST00PEED emotional ASUU member.
Education is wasted on this CLOWN
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Nasir123(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ofolete:

Coward who refused to embrace the raw truth. You will continue to suffer because of your stupidity. Ape

I say u b IDIO.T u dey quote me, abi u dey maad ni!?

Dumb assss
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Ijb11: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

Who are those working for the names u mentioned? Farmers abi.. u know nothing shhh

It's professors and ASUU members that work for them, since you know everything.

People are moving on fast, and Nigerians still hold on to useless titles and Phd that pull no weight in saner climes.

That's how one joker was telling me he is more educated than me because he holds a PHD and I don't. That's the retrogressiveness of Nigerians, always clinging to irrelevant titles to lord on others

May ASUU never get paid for hours and months they didn't work.

PonziHater
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by voltron14: 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
DesChyko:

Nope. You're not allowed to say.
This person whose records I put here didn't tell me.
Just point me in the right direction and I'd go see.

For people who are properly educated, those things aren't hard to find. Like in the case of this ASUU member.

You want me to disclose my identity or what exactly are you saying?
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
The Nigerian promotion system should simply be overhauled so these outdated old men will not hold students to ransom.

The MD is transcorp Hilton is 48. She only has a BA and Masters, but is pulling more weight than Osadeke that has multiple degrees, and is employing thousand more, without putting people's childrens life on hold. That is real education.

ASUU is a cancer to education in Nigeria and should be completely disbanded.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by DesChyko: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
voltron14:

You want me to disclose my identity or what exactly are you saying?

Exactly.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

It's professors and ASUU members that work for them, since you know everything.

People are moving on fast, and Nigerians still hold on to useless titles and Phd that pull no weight in saner climes.

That's how one joker was telling me he is more educated than me because he holds a PHD and I don't. That's the retrogressiveness of Nigerians, always clinging to irrelevant titles to lord on others

May ASUU never get paid for hours and months they didn't work.

PonziHater
You mean to tell me that a person who holds a phd when you don't is not more educated than you? How do you rate or grade your formal education? I don't know everything but at least allow me school you on the little that I know. I see you already. There is no further need to talk to you. Please go and relearn if you feel you have already learnt. Good day

One more thing, the world all over still hold education very high. Nobody has gone past that stop deceiving yourself. License and certification can't even take the place of a proper degree. End ur unesscessary "wokism"
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
haslaw:

You that knew everything lost in court.

F00000l

Oga thank you. Nor vex.. Chai ignorance is really a problem. Lost indeed. Oga good night
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
tnerro1:

Please school master, state the good reasons that made them to work half month? And please also state the things the students that stayed home for 8 months should benefit also. Don’t only fight for one side.

Waiting

On the issue at hand, your query is invalid. I will only state this if you will see reasons. The issue is beyond the lecturers and the students. This is an issue that concerns the very existence of this country. No right thinking government will allow its university to be shot for almost a year. I am surprised you all can't see what the problem is. After 8 months the lecturers went back, what happened that could not happen within the first one month of the strike. Next thing you want to ask is, what are the lecturers fighting for? The answer is in the state of the public primary and secondary now. Except am talking to a 20 years old. Please, just wait Doctors will soon go on strike. A bigger strike is coming make una dey wait. Nigerians can't see that all the systems are dieing
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by haslaw(m): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

Oga thank you. Nor vex.. Chai ignorance is really a problem. Lost indeed. Oga good night

Bros I no vex na..

I just dey feel sorry for MUMU&DUNDEE wey YUU be
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

You mean to tell me that a person who holds a phd when you don't is not more educated than you? How do you rate or grade your formal education? I don't know everything but at least allow me school you on the little that I know. I see you already. There is no further need to talk to you. Please go and relearn if you feel you have already learnt. Good day

One more thing, the world all over still hold education very high. Nobody has gone past that stop deceiving yourself. License and certification can't even take the place of a proper degree. End ur unesscessary "wokism"

Don't skew my words. I never said "formal education", but education, those are two different things.

A professor of mycology may know a lot about fungus than I do, but I may have more idea of how the world works, and I am more sensible not to demand pay for work not done. This is real education, knowing the current stage that the world is.

PonziHater
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

Don't skew my word. I never said "formal education", but education, those are two different thing.

A professor of mycology may know a lot about fungus than I do, but I may have a more idea of how the world works, and may be more sensible not to demand pay for work that I did not do. This is real education, knowing the current stage that the world is. This definitely makes me more educated than you lots.

PonziHater

Please read through what you wrote. No insult meant, I feel like am talking to a child. You have no understanding of what you arguing. Have a good day.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
haslaw:

Bros I no vex na..

I just dey feel sorry for MUMU&DUNDEE wey YUU be

The insults is all u got. Enjoy ur day.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Elsueno: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
membranus:

So says someone who has never seen the four walls of a university before, and therefore does not know the value of a quality university education.

Abeg, oga lecturer no dey whine me...This has always being about money/salary 4 u guys, U just cover it up with ' Infrastructure' like say u dey do some kind sacrifice...Ur true colours dey show.... Osadike don mess with d wrong president grin and U ASUU members just dey chop L grin grin grin......
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by haslaw(m): 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

The insults is all u got. Enjoy ur day.

You didn't see your own snide Insults.

You started the Insults F0000L

ST00PEED and emotional ASUU member wey you be
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

Please read through what you wrote. No insult meant, I feel like am talking to a child. You have no understanding of what you arguing. Have a good day.

In plain English:
ASUU asking to be paid for their months off work is similar to terrorists asking to be paid for holding an innocent person hostage.

Education goes beyond being a professor in an irrelevant field an includes knowing how the world works.

If these lectures took their arguement to be paid to any sane clime, they would be regarded as uneducated bush men, which they are proving to be at the moment.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by tnerro1(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

On the issue at hand, your query is invalid. I will only state this if you will see reasons. The issue is beyond the lecturers and the students. This is an issue that concerns the very existence of this country. No right thinking government will allow its university to be shot for almost a year. I am surprised you all can't see what the problem is. After 8 months the lecturers went back, what happened that could not happen within the first one month of the strike. Next thing you want to ask is, what are the lecturers fighting for? The answer is in the state of the public primary and secondary now. Except am talking to a 20 years old. Please, just wait Doctors will soon go on strike. A bigger strike is coming make una dey wait. Nigerians can't see that all the systems are dieing
And after 8 months of lost time that the student will never get back, what was the achievement of the strike, pls list.

The corner stone of the strike was IPPIS. Let me school u uncle . Am in Abuja and I know a lot about IPPIS. Let me tell u one fundamental thing about IPPIS and that useless thing ASUU wanted to use. When u ask IPPIS to print nominal roll, it will never print the same name twice, while the one ASUU brought was printing people’s name multiple times claiming different universities. I will not tell u other flaws their system has.

You can hate Buhari all u like, one thing is that if he sees where public money is being unjustly spent, he will put a stop to it not asking for his own share like others will do.

Be supporting ASUU blindly because u have someone their or because u are eating small small things from them, ASUU lost this fight after the six months of the strike.

You know nothing bro, the Military has said if ASUU is allowed to leave IPPIS they too will leave. I for school you on how people are eating massive amount of salaries , but will not waste my time. ASUU will be paid with IPPIS.....fact
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
tnerro1:

And after 8 months of lost time that the student will never get back, what was the achievement of the strike, pls list.

The corner stone of the strike was IPPIS. Let me school u uncle . Am in Abuja and I know a lot about IPPIS. Let me tell u one fundamental thing about IPPIS and that useless thing ASUU wanted to use. When u ask IPPIS to print nominal roll, it will never print the same name twice, while the one ASUU brought was printing people’s name multiple times claiming different universities. I will not tell u other flaws their system has.

You can hate Buhari all u like, one thing is that if he sees where public money is being unjustly spent, he will put a stop to it not asking for his own share like others will do.

Be supporting ASUU blindly because u have someone their or because u are eating small small things from them, ASUU lost this fight after the six months of the strike.

You know nothing bro, the Military has said if ASUU is allowed to leave IPPIS they too will leave. I for school you on how people are eating massive amount of salaries , but will not waste my time. ASUU will be paid with IPPIS.....fact

After reading your half baked information. All I could fo was laugh. All you said is second hand info from a bear Palour. Please let me give you first hand information. There is no way government will not pay lecturers on sabbatical. This is a standard practice world All over. What ever manipulation on ippis is not by lecturers but by workers in that section.

The government will definitely have to incorporate certain components of Utas to ippis. About buharri comments, I have nothing to say. Buharri failed as a president, that's bottom line. Enjoy your evening
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

In plain English:
ASUU asking to be paid for their months off work is similar to terrorists asking to be paid for holding an innocent person hostage.

Education goes beyond being a professor in an irrelevant field an includes knowing how the world works.

If these lectures took their arguement to be paid to any sane clime, they would be regarded as uneducated bush men, which they are proving to be at the moment.

Strike are held world over in universities. As a matter of fact. UK had strike this year but it was resolved quickly. The government failing to resolve the strike and saying that they will not be paid is not a standard practice.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

Strike are held world over in universities. As a matter of fact. UK had strike this year but it was resolved quickly. The government failing to resolve the strike and saying that they will not be paid is not a standard practice.

I agree. The workers were not paid for the days that were on strike. Workers were also allowed to choose whether they wanted to be on strike or continue teaching. No student's academic calendar was disrupted due to people's selfishness

1 Like

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

I agree. The workers were not paid for the days that were on strike. Workers were also allowed to choose whether they wanted to be on strike or continue teaching.

No government refuses to pay its workers during strike. Strikes are meant to make the government to act fast but our own government is using it do something else cos they are he'll bent of investing thier stolen money in universities. See public secondary and primary schools. U have no idea what's really going on.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

No government refuses to pay its workers during strike. Strikes are meant to make the government to act fast but our own government is using it do something else cos they are he'll bent of investing thier stolen money in universities. See public secondary and primary schools. U have no idea what's really going on.

I am making a statement of fact. Those who decided to strike in UK universities were not paid for the days they were on strike. I have attached a short link to what goes on where things work.

I have attached both UK and US rules, and both say the same. Yet I am less educated than Osadeke because he is a professor of soil science and he keeps saying global best practice in all his interviews.

https://www.gov.uk/if-your-business-faces-industrial-action/strike-pay-and-working-records#:~:text=Deducting%20pay,is%20called%20'partial%20performance'.

https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/labor-law/going-on-strike-labor-faq.html#:~:text=When%20a%20worker%20chooses%20to,meet%20their%20basic%20financial%20needs.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by GeneralBuhari: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
tnerro1:
Lazy man, if u manage to have workers, let them work half month and pay them full salaries.

Don't mind that fool.

Na Entitlement mentality dey worry am.

1 Like

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by tnerro1(m): 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

After reading your half baked information. All I could fo was laugh. All you said is second hand info from a bear Palour. Please let me give you first hand information. There is no way government will not pay lecturers on sabbatical. This is a standard practice world All over. What ever manipulation on ippis is not by lecturers but by workers in that section.

The government will definitely have to incorporate certain components of Utas to ippis. About buharri comments, I have nothing to say. Buharri failed as a president, that's bottom line. Enjoy your evening

Eyaaaa, as e dey pain dem , e go dey sweet us grin
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Pacesetter123(m): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
Triangles1:
This ASUU should know this strike is not in favour of Nigeria' they should stop delaying student future, Nigerians youths are very creative they don't rely on government like South African or American.
Then tell government to do the right thing by paying them their salaries.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Melagros(m): 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
YourHerbalOrgan:
Federal Government is a joke

why paying them half salary?
No work no pay policy in action!
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Melagros(m): 10:51pm On Nov 05, 2022
Yankee101:
Na sacking be next
That's best
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Moses86(m): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2022
my uncle has not been eating since receiving his 18 days salary pay....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Low Tuition Universities In The United States / ASUU: FG Set To Release N23bn To University Lecturers – Education Minister / Tragedy As LAUTECH Final Year Student Dies A Day To Project Defense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.