Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,610 members, 7,827,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members (18996 Views)

UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / University Of Maiduguri Issues Stay At Home Notice To All Staff / ASUU Issues Fresh Threat To President Buhari’s Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Macphenson: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2022
voltron14:

Tinubu forced people to thumbprint?

You must be a dunce.

Even Tinubu have consistently said he made Buhari a president hence the "EMILOKAN" statement.

Why are u here fooling yourself?
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by kevwemike: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2022
We don't have a government in Nigeria
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2022
Iolo:

ASUU members won’t see reason in what you’re saying. But if we called a spade a spade, a striking worker doesn’t deserve to be paid for a striking period. It speaks of unfairness in every ramification and lecturers are no different.

In fact we could also argue Students have paid for a service that isn’t rendered in a timely manner and so are due compensation from the universities. But alas no one is pushing that argument in the media.

We want to become a developed nation but don’t want to do the things that developed nations do. Paying striking workers has incentivized long strikes over the years. A strike becomes a paid vacation. Who wants to work when they can stay home for 8 months and receive accumulated salaries at the end. There is a valid reason strikes in the western world don’t last months like we’ve had with ASUU, the impact will be significant on the members on strike.

There is also a different angle to look at this from. If ASUU members are so against the present working conditions why not resign? Resigning en-mass is perhaps a stronger way to show the government there is a problem and their skills are in demand. ASUU should do their jobs or resign, rather than pretend to be freedom fighters and activists.

This is lovely to read.

When I worked in teaching. I worked 3 days in the University and 2 days in my profession. Salary was prorated based on the days you work in each of those.

In Nigeria you have a situation were a lecturer is drawing full salary from the government, while also working for 2 other private Universities or state university, and still the ones speaking against corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Longevo(m): 11:37am On Nov 05, 2022
President Buhari should sack minister of labour Ngige with immediate effect. He's on a personal vendetta mission against ASUU even if it means jeopardizing the future of our children are have been out of school for about a year now.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Raymondfayowole(m): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

This is crap. If you don't work you don't deserve any pay. The budgeted salary can go to other areas of development but not into the pocket of a striking worker. The government is 100% right to pay half salaries, and this is what would happen in any developed country.

This is Nigeria oga. If you want to be strict, do so in all areas. How about the aide who resigned and was paid his salary. How sure are you that the withheld salaries will not be used for any political ambition.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by moradeke42109: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2022
APC has completely destroyed this countryAPC has completely destroyed this country...
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by udemzyudex(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2022
Triangles1:
This ASUU should know this strike is not in favour of Nigeria' they should stop delaying student future, Nigerians youths are very creative they don't rely on government like South African or American.

Tell that to the government.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by benjaminlawson(m): 11:57am On Nov 05, 2022
One thing I failed to understand about this government is who is the leader in this government? Because leader always gives focus and direction to the organisation they lead, who is labour minister, a mere B. Sc. holder given directives that Professors should not be paid. Is he the minister of education? Why must the accountant general obey his order, is the office of accountant general under the supervision of labour minister, I think the president should wake up and take the responsibility of his office, because we did not vote for any minister, in future no one will mention the name of any other person for any lapses of this government, except Mr. President's name
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2022
Raymondfayowole:

This is Nigeria oga. If you want to be strict, do so in all areas. How about the aide who resigned and was paid his salary. How sure are you that the withheld salaries will not be used for any political ambition.

This Nigeria when it favours you, and that is how it should be done when it does not favour you.

Buhari is finishing the country, nobody should complain because this is Nigeria. Until some lecturers loose their jobs, the grandiose ASUU will keep rating themselves above other civil and public servants.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
benjaminlawson:
One thing I failed to understand about this government is who is the leader in this government? Because leader always gives focus and direction to the organisation they lead, who is labour minister, a mere B. Sc. holder given directives that Professors should not be paid. Is he the minister of education? Why must the accountant general obey his order, is the office of accountant general under the supervision of labour minister, I think the president should wake up and take the responsibility of his office, because we did not vote for any minister, in future no one will mention the name of any other person for any lapses of this government, except Mr. President's name

The grandiosity of Nigerians. That you are a professor means what?

While we were on the streets innovating and making a living, a few unemployable jokers who studied plant science and myrmecology went back for masters and PHD because they couldn't find any job. Today they are forming professors of a field that hold no relevance in the current Nigerian economy. In a sane clime where people are paid based on relevance, all this self aggrandisement would be totally avoided, and such people will take the back seat in the scheme of things.

If you don't work, then you shouldn't get paid. If you really want to strike, then do it without expecting that your wages would be intact.

PonziHater

1 Like

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by zoghys: 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
MeaslesMumpsRub:

Your post smells of delusion and Nepotism.
You are a Tribalistic and Bigoted Igbo Nincompoop.
How else can yoi think Peter Obi that was a Terrible governor some years ago will make a better president than Tinubu who is the Best Nigerian Governor ever.

Osinbajo and Fashola are fully Behimd their Former Boss, the Jagaban. Unlike Peter obi who doesn't have the backing of both past and present Anambra governors.

Go and have your Brain Checked in Biafra land.

you should rather go for brain check. The guy hasnt only gave a true assessment of the present situation in the country without resorting to personal abuse , tribal sentiments or bigotry. Your tinubu is an established thief who has made Lagos his personal asset, monopolizing the affairs and sensibility of the state in a gangster fashion. So use your brain rather than sentiments before you comment on such sensitive topic
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by onyxo76(m): 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
MeaslesMumpsRub:

Na Chris Ngige dey give us headache
honestly he's the one,gbajamila had settled everything only for short man devil to cause more problems.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by DesChyko: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
voltron14:

Nobody would employ these lecturers.

If they were in high demand they would have left already.

I guess this was the exact same thoughts Nigeria had about the NMA. Keep it up, boss.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by aestake: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lastcoment:
All this our so called lecturers don care about the future of the students, because all there their children's are studying abroad
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Raymondfayowole(m): 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

This Nigeria when it favours you, and that is how it should be done when it does not favour you.

Buhari is finishing the country, nobody should complain because this is Nigeria. Until some lecturers loose their jobs, the grandiose ASUU will keep rating themselves above other civil and public servants.

Favour me? I'm a student o

I'm not justifying the actions of ASUU, it's within their rights to fight for whatever they feel it's important to them. It's now left for the govt to find a level of balance for both side. Do you think the strike would have lasted for 8 months if the government acted the same way the house of rep acted at the initial stage?
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by voltron14: 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2022
DesChyko:

I guess this was the exact same thoughts Nigeria had about the NMA. Keep it up, boss.

Not the same thing.

Medical practitioners are essential to any society and they are in shortage the world over.

Not same for these half-baked lecturers.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Polomakus: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
Make unah go hustle ,all this wahala self
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by tnerro1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2022
FG should sack them for contempt of court and employ new people to take over from them. Let them go abroad and hustle like other Nigerians that don’t have jobs to play with. You work half month and want full salaries. Can they try that in the private sector. . Instead of appealing on compassionate grounds, u are issuing threats.

1 Like

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by geewean(m): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
And also arrest you for the imbecilic comment.

haslaw:
The courts will arrest the EXCOS in UniJos for contempt
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by DukeofUmueri247: 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
MeaslesMumpsRub:
Igbo People are very stubborn.

What exactly is tge problem of Chris Ngige

Why is he personalising the feud between ASUU and FG. That Ngige Guy should be sacked Immediately if Buhari has any sense in him.
APC needs to be sacked including the daft president..
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by DesChyko: 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
voltron14:

Not same for these half-baked lecturers.

This is the academic profile of one of the ASUU members.
B. Sc from Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
M. Sc. from the University of Ibadan.
Postgraduate Diploma in Agro-meteorology from the Israeli Institute of Meteorology.
PhD from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture

I'd like to see your academic profile let me be sure you're in position to use 'half-baked' there. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Albertgr8: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
I P O B style
The best
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by voltron14: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2022
DesChyko:

This is the academic profile of one of the ASUU members.
B. Sc from Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
M. Sc. from the University of Ibadan.
Postgraduate Diploma in Agro-meteorology from the Israeli Institute of Meteorology.
PhD from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture

If I told you would you believe?

I can say I got my Masters from a UK University.

That much I can disclose.

I'd like to see your academic profile let me be sure you're in position to use 'half-baked' there. Thank you in advance.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by DesChyko: 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2022
voltron14:
If I told you would you believe?

I can say I got my Masters from a UK University.

That much I can disclose.

Nope. You're not allowed to say.
This person whose records I put here didn't tell me.
Just point me in the right direction and I'd go see.

For people who are properly educated, those things aren't hard to find. Like in the case of this ASUU member.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
People carry degree for head like gala. What degree does Mark Zuckerberg have, what degree does the owner of paystack have or even the owner of Twitter. The world has left the goofing lecturers behind.
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Sman37(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
AAA593:

https://punchng.com/salaries-unijos-ASUU-issues-stay-at-home-order-to-members/?amp
What provoke me must is this human right activist that are as good as nothing like many politicians #they dont see f end strike to activist about na to they roamance politician!
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by Danisaint112(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
After 8 months strike this deceitful government as always still didn't stick to the agreement. Pathetic.

And some people want me to still vote APC again that an ancestor said he continue from where Buhari stopped. God forbid BAT thing.

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
haslaw:
The courts will arrest the EXCOS in UniJos for contempt

Oga abeg rest, u know nothing

1 Like

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
People carry degree for head like gala. What degree does Mark Zuckerberg have, what degree does the owner of paystack have or even the owner of Twitter. The world has left the goofing lecturers behind.

Who are those working for the names u mentioned? Farmers abi.. u know nothing shhh
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
tnerro1:
FG should sack them for contempt of court and employ new people to take over from them. Let them go abroad and hustle like other Nigerians that don’t have jobs to play with. You work half month and want full salaries. Can they try that in the private sector. . Instead of appealing on compassionate grounds, u are issuing threats.

Why are Nigerians this daft? Na wao. Wait, so you don't understand what is going on? Why are u showing ur level. You have no idea like the ngige man or ur president. Truly Nigerians are thier own problem. Every government works with precedence just like the court. Your turn go reach. Make una they spoil the country dey go. Oya continue
Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by tnerro1(m): 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
royalfly:

Why are Nigerians this daft? Na wao. Wait, so you don't understand what is going on? Why are u showing ur level. You have no idea like the ngige man or ur president. Truly Nigerians are thier own problem. Every government works with precedence just like the court. Your turn go reach. Make una they spoil the country dey go. Oya continue

Lazy man, if u manage to have workers, let them work half month and pay them full salaries.

1 Like

Re: Salaries: UNIJOS ASUU Issues Stay-At-Home Order To Members by royalfly(m): 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
tnerro1:

Lazy man, if u manage to have workers, let them work half month and pay them full salaries.

Hmm oshay.. we have labour laws and if u look at it critically, they cannot be owed one bit. Besides u can't even pay ur worker half month because she or he worked half month with good reasons. Terms of employment will not allow that. I will not insult u but school u. Oga learn ABC before you speak or write jargon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU: FG Set To Release N23bn To University Lecturers – Education Minister / Tragedy As LAUTECH Final Year Student Dies A Day To Project Defense / See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.