Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,290 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits (38381 Views)

Elon Musk Says Twitter Users Will Not Be Able To Block People, Except In DMs / Musk: Twitter Taking Legal Action To enforce Agreed Deal / Elon Musk Terminates His $44 Billion Twitter Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 8:32am On Nov 06, 2022
kkins25:
For that reason, advertisers are jumping ship? I think not. Now pay your $8. grin grin grin grin

If the head of Twitter is so readily susceptible to conspiracy and controversy you think advertisers would want to stick around for that? Ask Kanye West and Kyrie Irving.

Was never a big Twitter user so no thanks. I have better things to do with my money. Hmmm that pork suya is looking good, lemme go buy it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Blueivyp: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2022
Nosayer:

At all.....Elon Musk knows nothing about business. Just woke up one day and became world's richest!

Like seriously?

You mean he inherited wealth.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Difrent: 10:21am On Nov 06, 2022
Idaytesj29:

With all due respect sir, all that you stated above are not true. And this is causing some people pains, don't trivialize it. Just try to do an undercover investigate journalism, you will be amazed by the facts you will gather.

When it's only IGP and his entourages plus Commissioners in charges if states gets DTA, is that not by privilege already?

How many lecturers get TETFUND? Put it on ratio. How many of them get funded doctorals without paying with their salaries? If you don't belong to the ruling clique, these inadequate fundings becomes elusive.

Guess you missed the part of my submission that clearly stated these things are not enough but they do exist and people are benefiting.....of course when something is not enough everybody there will be lobbying and use of connection...
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Idaytesj29(m): 10:48am On Nov 06, 2022
Difrent:

Guess you missed the part of my submission that clearly stated these things are not enough but they do exist and people are benefiting.....of course when something is not enough everybody there will be lobbying and use of connection...

Well, I agree with you but if we grade it those that get such opportunity cannot be more than 2 out of 10 academics. That's not "enough", that's "grossly inadequate".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2022
kkins25:
For that reason, advertisers are jumping ship? I think not. Now pay your $8. grin grin grin grin

Is twitter food that I must pay $8 a month or die of hunger?

Ordinary YouTube that is like school, I use Brave to get around the intruding adverts (and shout out to Basilico I must too, and anyone who knows me knows that's a name I gag to mention), And Elon thinks he can musk me for $8 a month for a blue tick, lol.

I get it. If I had ₦44b to detoxify Nairaland I guess I wouldn't mind, not to talk of $44b to buy freespeech on twitter, but not everyone is willing to put their money where they put their foot (shout out to b.... again).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 11:16am On Nov 06, 2022
adamusuleiman1:

List of Companies who have suspended Twitter Ads:

General Mills
CVS
United Airlines
GM
Audi
Mazda
Porsche
Volkswagen
American Express
Coca-Cola
Johnson & Johnson
Levi Strauss
Spotify
Ford
Dyson
Forbes
DIRECTV
Nintendo
Unilever
PBS
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by cococandy(f): 11:22am On Nov 06, 2022
Free speech yay
LordReed:

He needs to hire a CEO and step back. He said nothing changed but it has been noted that N-word usage went up 500%. That is a big failure of moderation.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2022
Yay! LoLz!
cococandy:
Free speech yay
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by GloriousGbola: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2022
LordReed:

He needs to hire a CEO and step back. He said nothing changed but it has been noted that N-word usage went up 500%. That is a big failure of moderation.

we may actually watch twitter turn into truth social in real time.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by kkins25(m): 11:45am On Nov 06, 2022
budaatum:

Is twitter food that I must pay $8 a month or die of hunger?

Ordinary YouTube that is like school, I use Brave to get around the intruding adverts (and shout out to Basilico I must too, and anyone who knows me knows that's a name I gag to mention), And Elon thinks he can musk me for $8 a month for a blue tick, lol.

I get it. If I had ₦44b to detoxify Nairaland I guess I wouldn't mind, not to talk of $44b to buy freespeech on twitter, but not everyone is willing to put their money where they put their foot (shout out to b.... again).

Without twitter, Peter Obi wouldn't have quarter of the fame he has now. so i say, the lot of us need twitter. Supposing i was a merchant or a public figure, i would need that blue marker.. Musk mentioned the prices would be adjusted based on country...Given that things such as 'likes' 'shares' and 'followers' are now part of the human pysche, we would at the end of the day pay the $8 or it's equivalent for that ego boost... lol.. Its not even compulsory, so i don't know what the fuss is about...

Why d hell doesn't s.eun have a rank structure for this platform self?? At least a star or badge or something...

Maybe people are fed up with leftist social media. FB has been sinking deep. lordreed guess what, FB is loosing money for the exact same reason twitter is.. probably the inflation affecting business. winks!! Now, pay your $8..

#teamFreeSpeech.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
kkins25:

Without twitter, Peter Obi wouldn't have quarter of the fame he has now. so i say, the lot of us need twitter. Supposing i was a merchant or a public figure, i would need that blue marker.. Musk mentioned the prices would be adjusted based on country...Given that things such as 'likes' 'shares' and 'followers' are now part of the human pysche, we would at the end of the day pay the $8 or it's equivalent for that ego boost... lol.. Its not even compulsory, so i don't know what the fuss is about...

Why d hell doesn't s.eun have a rank structure for this platform self?? At least a star or badge or something...

Maybe people are fed up with leftist social media. FB has been sinking deep. lordreed guess what, FB is loosing money for the exact same reason twitter is.. probably the inflation affecting business. winks!! Now, pay your $8..

#teamFreeSpeech.

Right, it's not all the conspiracy trash that is being spewed, it's the people who want equality.

I used the $8 to buy the pork suya I was eyeing and I am enjoying it.

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
GloriousGbola:

we may actually watch twitter turn into truth social in real time.

Yeah. All the talk of freedom of speech is just a guise to spew hateful rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
budaatum:

No he doesn't! He owns 27/44 of it. Check the funding please.

Larry Ellison, the Oracle co-founder owns some.

Former Twitter Chief Executive Jack Dorsey owns some.

A group of banks, including Morgan Stanley and Bank of America own some through loans.

Billionaire Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and his Kingdom Holding Company owns some.

Cryptocurrency exchange Binance owns some.

I can't tell you how much they own though, as its now privately owned by them and they don't have to disclose.
https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/how-will-elon-musk-pay-twitter-2022-10-07/

go read the sec filing

Musk x holdings own all the stock of twitter

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/876661/000087666122000890/0000876661-22-000890.txt

“The merger between Twitter, Inc. and X Holdings II, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of X Holdings I, Inc., wholly owned by Elon R. Musk became effective on October 27, 2022. Each share of Twitter, Inc. Common Stock was exchanged for USD 54.20 in cash, without interest and less any applicable withholding taxes. The Exchange also notifies the Securities and Exchange Commission that as a result of the above-indicated conditions this security was suspended from trading before market open on October 28, 2022.”
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

not true

what is not true

the sec filing categorically wrote that elon has 100% shares of twitter

look at it here

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/876661/000087666122000890/0000876661-22-000890.txt
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by CheapHomes1: 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

what is not true

the sec filing categorically wrote that elon has 100% shares of twitter

look at it here

Initially you said "almost 100%". Now you are saying "100%". Are they the same thing? I don't even see anywhere in your link that supports your position.

If Musk has 100 % shares of Twitter, then what do Larry Ellison, Qatar Holding and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia have in Twitter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Initially you said "almost 100%". Now you are saying "100%". Are they the same thing? I don't even see anywhere in your link that supports your position.

If Musk has 100 % shares of Twitter, then what do Larry Ellison, Qatar Holding and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia have in Twitter?

Lol...now you are using my words against mine instead of using the proof i gave you.

The sec filing is what Twitter filed to the US government.

The article you posted was on the 7th of october,while the filing was at the end of october
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by CheapHomes1: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Lol...now you are using my words against mine instead of using the proof i gave you.

The sec filing is what Twitter filed to the US government.

The article you posted was on the 7th of october,while the filing was at the end of october

Which proof is that?

You chose the words you used. Am I responsible for your words? If you choose to entangle yourself with your words, there's nothing I can do about it.

If my article was on the 7th of October, how does the SEC filing at the end of October nullify the information in the article?

Like I asked If Musk has 100% shares of Twitter, then what do Larry Ellison, Qatar Holding and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia have in Twitter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Which proof is that?

You chose the words you used. Am I responsible for your words? If you choose to entangle yourself with your words, there's nothing I can do about it.

If my article was on the 7th of October, how does the SEC filing at the end of October nullify the information in the article?

Like I asked If Musk has 100% shares of Twitter, then what do Larry Ellison, Qatar Holding and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia have in Twitter?

You can argue all you like.

The filing to the sec is more important than any online mefia article.

The twitter filing sent by twitter to the US government
says Elon musk owns 100% control of Twitter

End of discussion.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Ijb11: 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2022
Dude is a manipulative person want to reap is investment faster by cutting cost and raising funds
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

is this meant for me or someone else because i dont see how it is related to what i said
No, it is meant for the same guy you asked to tell us how to run a business.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by CheapHomes1: 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

You can argue all you like.

The filing to the sec is more important than any online mefia article.

The twitter filing sent by twitter to the US government
says Elon musk owns 100% control of Twitter

End of discussion.

Where's the argument? I only asked you questions.

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2022
maasoap:

Who's complaining now? grin grin grin. This means that you haven't got it but Musk is getting it.
Soon, he will realise that twitter is about people, not the tech world he's familiar with.
Musk has his reasons to have bought twitter, we poor people can never know why he bought twitter, we are not in the position to teach him what to do or how to run his business, he is a genius.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by maasoap(m): 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2022
gypsey:
[color=#990000] Musk has his reasons to have bought twitter, we poor people can never know why he bought twitter, we are not in the position to teach him what to do or how to run his business, he is a genius.

Stop belittle yourself, stop talking down on yourself.

The reason he bought Twitter is clear to everyone now: profit. And no one is blaming him for buying it or the way he's doing his things. The issue at hand now is that he should stop complaining about the way people are reacting to his decisions concerning Twitter, he can't have it both ways, nobody does.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

go read the sec filing

Musk x holdings own all the stock of twitter

“The merger between Twitter, Inc. and X Holdings II, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of X Holdings I, Inc., wholly owned by Elon R. Musk became effective on October 27, 2022. Each share of Twitter, Inc. Common Stock was exchanged for USD 54.20 in cash, without interest and less any applicable withholding taxes. The Exchange also notifies the Securities and Exchange Commission that as a result of the above-indicated conditions this security was suspended from trading before market open on October 28, 2022.”

The Sec filing states the intent to delist. It does not have to mention all those who retain a holding interest in a private company, which I have listed for you. I see I'm not the only one too, but I guess you will insist.

CheapHomes1:

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
maasoap:

Stop belittle yourself, stop talking down on yourself.

The reason he bought Twitter is clear to everyone now: profit. And no one is blaming him for buying it or the way he's doing his things. The issue at hand now is that he should stop complaining about the way people are reacting to his decisions concerning Twitter, he can't have it both ways, nobody does.
I am in no way belittling myself, I know compared with Musk I am poor, i am not and will never dream of being as wealthy as Mr Musk, I do not even want to be that wealthy, i am happy with my level of financial capabilities. Some people say Musk did not buy twitter for profit making, he has a vision. He didn't even pay $44billion outta his own money, the banks lent him the money. So I say, his twitter,his problem, even if he loses $44 bills, He would still have enough billions to last him till......
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by grandstar(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2022
It's the modus operandi for me.

There's a honorable way to have carried out the sackings. He should simply have obeyed the law.

I'm surprised Twitter was making losses. $4m daily loss is about $1.5bn yearly. Though a great social media platform for many, it seemed to have less marketing appeal and opportunities than Facebook. It also had far less patronage.

With the sackings, they should drastically cut costs but they'd be forced to hire many new ones as the decision seemed hasty.

If only 15m users chose to pay the new special $8 monthly fees , that would bring in $120m, enough to cover up the losses

Combined with job cuts, that should return it to profitability in record time.

For his $44b investment to be justified, it may need profits of $2b yearly to justify the high valuation.

If you have a better understanding of these things, I would appreciate you educate me.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by doublestar21(m): 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How does all this correlate with the post you responded to?

Swears the guy dey busy dey talk rubbish. The one wey the pain me is the way he is beating his chest claiming to know what he is sa
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
budaatum:

The Sec filing states the intent to delist. It does not have to mention all those who retain a holding interest in a private company, which I have listed for you. I see I'm not the only one too, but I guess you will insist.

Really!

The sec filing states categorically states that elon musk owns 100% stock of Twitter under the X holding company, which he bought for USD 54.20 per share and in cash

The sec is just like the sec in Nigeria, companies record, profit and loss statements and business structure ownership are reported to the government but here you are saying that something different.

X holdings is owned 100% owned by elon.

This is another sec filings by twitter and x holdings

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/876661/000087666122000890/ruleprovisionnotice.htm

The merger between Twitter, Inc. and X Holdings II, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of X Holdings I, Inc., wholly owned by Elon R. Musk became effective on October 27, 2022. Each share of Twitter, Inc. Common Stock was exchanged for USD 54.20 in cash, without interest and less any applicable withholding taxes. The Exchange also notifies the Securities and Exchange Commission that as a result of the above indicated conditions this security was suspended from trading before market opening
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Answer the question above please. It's in bold so you can't miss it.

thebosstrevor1:

Really!

The sec filing states categorically states that elon musk owns 100% stock of Twitter under the X holding company, which he bought for USD 54.20 per share and in cash

The sec is just like the sec in Nigeria, companies record, profit and loss statements and business structure ownership are reported to the government but here you are saying that something different.

X holdings is owned 100% owned by elon.

This is another sec filings by twitter and x holdings

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/876661/000087666122000890/ruleprovisionnotice.htm

The merger between Twitter, Inc. and X Holdings II, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of X Holdings I, Inc., wholly owned by Elon R. Musk became effective on October 27, 2022. Each share of Twitter, Inc. Common Stock was exchanged for USD 54.20 in cash, without interest and less any applicable withholding taxes. The Exchange also notifies the Securities and Exchange Commission that as a result of the above indicated conditions this security was suspended from trading before market opening
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2022
budaatum:

Answer the question above please. It's in bold so you can't miss it.

I don't care what reuter says, i only care about official filings, that is what is the most important.

Filings are what companies report to the regulators ( government agencies) not to online media.

If i am looking for a business structure of a company, i go to the official government site to look for the data not a online media
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I don't care what reuter says, i only care about official filings, that is what is the most important.

I did not ask you what Reuter says! What we are asking you is what you found when you did your own research!

After all, it's not as if no one else has a stake in the twitter you yourself claimed is "almost 100%" owned by Musk!

Why "almost"? And how much is that "almost"? And what does "control" mean in what you posted? Is what we'd like you to tell us please.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

You don't seem to know what an Sec filing is or what what you are posting is telling you, which is that, "twitter is no more listed on the Security Exchange so it would no more be filing it's records with us"!

That's the definition of going private!

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/fundamental-analysis/08/sec-forms.asp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria / The Nigerians Working With Mark Zuckerberg At Facebook (Photos) / Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.