Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits (38385 Views)

Elon Musk Says Twitter Users Will Not Be Able To Block People, Except In DMs / Musk: Twitter Taking Legal Action To enforce Agreed Deal / Elon Musk Terminates His $44 Billion Twitter Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Fearyourcreator: 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
ValCon888:
The truth is that Twitter as a company is severely bloated. Too many employees doing too little.

Now that a businessman has bought Twitter, he wants to run it like a business.
Cut costs and increase profits.

Employees are a liability when they're not generating revenue to justify their expense.

And this is the same problem with Nigeria.
So many ministers, senators, house of reps, special advisers draining the country's resources.

Too many allowances that don't even make any sense.

Go to the ministries and government agencies to see the high level of inactivity going on.

They're simply pushing pencil, chewing gum, playing solitaire on computer.

We need the the CEO of a Fortune 500 Company to run this country. In less than five years Nigeria will have no debt.

It doesn't take rocket science to fix Nigeria. The people that don't want the country to be fixed prefer Nigeria as it is because they're profiting from the waste and corruption.

Naso e easy na... See mouth
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Fearyourcreator: 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
jeromestarks:

Shut up!
A government is different from a business company. Your father should have taught you that.
Lolzzzs... Many dont know this
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by maasoap(m): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
gypsey:
Well...if they are not happy they should take their accounts else where. Mr Musk paid $44 bills. For twitter he has to recover his money some how. Are you trying to teach the world's richest man the right way to run his business? grin

Who's complaining now? grin grin grin. This means that you haven't got it but Musk is getting it.
Soon, he will realise that twitter is about people, not the tech world he's familiar with.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Fearyourcreator: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
Idaytesj29:

The ministries and government parastatals that are very engaging, what do govt offer them in return? Alaye leave matter for Mathias. With the way Nigeria is running it's workers renumeration, do you think workers will be dedicated? Look at ASUU after so much time at home and an agreement reached, Govt still went ahead to pay half salaries, is that a serious govt? You forgot an ebonyi lecturer that was assassinated while doing Uber because of poor pay and strikes, how can you be a govt worker and still be looking for side hustle? Like not out of interest in the hustle but to survive and feed?

Pls be considerate when criticize govt workers.

Have you said anything about the working environment of these people? They use their money to buy chairs and tables to sit on, offices has no AC, no stationeries, no imprest to run office, official vehicles are dead and not replaced,. No staff buses.

Some are work without going on leave for years, they transfer them in-between states with no DTA, they send on course and they have to pay their own money to register and never get any course allowance, I can go on and on. Lecturers use their salaries to fund research, no research fund or grants, even when they are qualified.
Majority of them are frustrated by the system.
Don't be too fast to be critical, investigate as well.
Which government workers most of them no wan work ... Only to collect money... I know someone then collecting free money when the place block the mumu can just figure his life
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Fearyourcreator: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
LOVEGINO:
very correct bro. But what's your own contribution to make Nigeria great.
Lol
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Masalanka: 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
jeromestarks:

You dey mind the guy.
I don't think he understands anything about business.

Sha I been wan talk say u no get sense but even if I say make u try go get am as tinz don dey cost now where u sef wan see am?
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Masalanka: 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2022
jeromestarks:

Shut up!
A government is different from a business company. Your father should have taught you that.

I hope your dad is proud of how you're defending him like this undecided
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Oza200: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2022
HonNL:
https://www.nairaland.com/7416830/elon-musk-fires-twitter-employees

SOURCE

SOURCE

Nlfpmod Mynd44

Only one sentence: This is the beginning of the end for Elon Musk... TWITTER...
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Masalanka: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2022
Nosayer:

At all.....Elon Musk knows nothing about business. Just woke up one day and became world's richest!

At least HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ONLINE BRAWLING ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT HE IS THE RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD WITH YOU RIFFRAFFS
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
budaatum:

27 billion dollars worth out of 44, which is over half, but not all.

If those who own the rest of it aren't happy how he runs it they might gang up on him or pull out so he owns it all.

And I doubt he'd find it easy "to manipulate people and to control narratives" if he's the only one on it especially after advertiser's who pay the bills pull out and leave him to it. We woke liberal folk sure would pull out in droves, because, contrary to somes opinion, we don't like being controlled and manipulated. Then he can manipulate the Q folks a la Alex Jones, I suppose, and pay for the privilege.

It's a business after all, is my point. And he is accountable to investors and its users, so we'll see.

I think you missed the point. Elon owns almost 100% of Twitter and doesn't own half of Twitter.

Twitter is now a private company and is no more listed on the stock exchange. That means, it is no more a public company.

Even before twitter was bought by him, he was the majority share holder

I like elon shifting away from advertisers, any business that relies on advertisers for revenue doesn't have a business model, let's not forget, Twitter has never declared profit since its founding, the new direction by elon will make the company lean and also profitable.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by abiodunmustapha: 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
You're absolutely correct. We have a ridiculously
high recurrent expenditure from an overbloated public service and they recently proposed increased salaries for President and others. Check the multiplier effect in allowances and pensions. We cannot continue like this.
ValCon888:
The truth is that Twitter as a company is severely bloated. Too many employees doing too little.

Employees are a liability when they're not generating revenue to justify their expense.

So many ministers, senators, house of reps, special advisers draining the country's resources.

Go to the ministries and government agencies to see the high level of inactivity going on.

We need the the CEO of a Fortune 500 Company to run this country. In less than five years Nigeria will have no debt.

It doesn't take rocket science to fix Nigeria. The people that don't want the country to be fixed prefer Nigeria as it is because they're profiting from the waste and corruption.

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by JoffreyBeroth(m): 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
Idaytesj29:

The ministries and government parastatals that are very engaging, what do govt offer them in return? Alaye leave matter for Mathias. With the way Nigeria is running it's workers renumeration, do you think workers will be dedicated? Look at ASUU after so much time at home and an agreement reached, Govt still went ahead to pay half salaries, is that a serious govt? You forgot an ebonyi lecturer that was assassinated while doing Uber because of poor pay and strikes, how can you be a govt worker and still be looking for side hustle? Like not out of interest in the hustle but to survive and feed?

Pls be considerate when criticize govt workers.

Have you said anything about the working environment of these people? They use their money to buy chairs and tables to sit on, offices has no AC, no stationeries, no imprest to run office, official vehicles are dead and not replaced,. No staff buses.

Some are work without going on leave for years, they transfer them in-between states with no DTA, they send on course and they have to pay their own money to register and never get any course allowance, I can go on and on. Lecturers use their salaries to fund research, no research fund or grants, even when they are qualified.
Don't be too fast to be critical, investigate as well.
Thats exactly what he's saying, he is preferring a solution to this problem that you just stated. A lit of politicians in office doing nothing, they need to be cut off
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by christistruth01: 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
Elon Musk that cannot manage his own Family how can he manage employees?
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Mandem05: 12:19am On Nov 06, 2022
jeromestarks:

Shut up!
You sef follow join be Naija problem. Must you abuse someone because of their point of view? Learn to respect yourself.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 12:27am On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I think you missed the point. Elon owns almost 100% of Twitter and doesn't own half of Twitter.
No he doesn't! He owns 27/44 of it. Check the funding please.

Larry Ellison, the Oracle co-founder owns some.

Former Twitter Chief Executive Jack Dorsey owns some.

A group of banks, including Morgan Stanley and Bank of America own some through loans.

Billionaire Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and his Kingdom Holding Company owns some.

Cryptocurrency exchange Binance owns some.

I can't tell you how much they own though, as its now privately owned by them and they don't have to disclose.
https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/how-will-elon-musk-pay-twitter-2022-10-07/
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by CheapHomes1: 1:32am On Nov 06, 2022
gypsey:
cheesy this guy is like a guy riding a bicycle and telling the guy driving a ferrari that his ferrari is too old.

is this meant for me or someone else because i dont see how it is related to what i said
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by CheapHomes1: 1:33am On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

not true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by meobizy(f): 2:12am On Nov 06, 2022
Aim for the skies or crash and burn deep into the ground. I’m only here for the spectacle.

One boy in an Ogun village is in awe, thinking he can perform the same policy revamp. His business is on life support. He doesn’t possess the luxury of trying similar. If four moderators leave today, na brown envelope he go carry to find fifty thousand naira a month bank job.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Difrent: 6:58am On Nov 06, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Don't be too fast to be critical, investigate as well

These are just conjectures.
ASUU have research grants....and lecturers do go for studies abroad....it may not be enough but it's available thro ugh tetfund.
Any government staff transferred will be paid DTA. It may not be immediately but they do get paid eventually because the Labour leaders won't allow such a government agency be.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by DarkJeddi(m): 7:26am On Nov 06, 2022
voltron14:

This is called wuruwuru to the answer.

Twitter is bla bla bla, yet was sold for 44 billion dollars.
He bought it for 44 Billion dollars and yet you are having a problem with the man trying to make money from his investment?
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by voltron14: 7:30am On Nov 06, 2022
DarkJeddi:
He bought it for 44 Billion dollars and yet you are having a problem with the man trying to make money from his investment?

I didn't say he can't make money from his business.

My statement was clear; the person I quoted is simply using the result to determine the explanation which is faulty.

As well, twitter being sold for over 40 billion dollars suggest that they were a profitable venture.

Note: twitter never promoted a sale.

Elon musk gave an offer they couldn't refuse.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by kkins25(m): 7:43am On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

How will he be forced to step down?

He literally owns the company . The company is now a private company after elon delisted it from the stock exchange

Elon bought Twitter because of the power of the platform to change culture, to manipulate people and to control narratives
The ones that owned it before who would ban you for saying that "gender is a myth" didn't control the narrative abi?

Damn them, those LGBTQ minority that wants the whole 7 billion plus of us to see the world from the lenses of their psychological breakdown.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by kkins25(m): 7:51am On Nov 06, 2022
LordReed:

That he owns it doesn't mean he has to run it. Hire a CEO and an exec team and stop messing things up with unguarded tweets and statements.

unguarded tweet: "Genders are binary" grin grin grin grin grin."
unguarded statement: "Men are different from women."

oh please!!

The west like to act like it's the so called "liberal" generating all its revenue. NO SIR!

Facebook, gave me Temporary ban for using the word "MUMU" even though it was not in an abusive context. lol.. Does someone experience life sucking mental trauma when i call them MUMU? Oh please..
"traumatized" 2022's most abused word.
To hell with liberalism.. grin grin grin
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2022
kkins25:

unguarded tweet: "Genders are binary" grin grin grin grin grin."
unguarded statement: "Men are different from women."

oh please!!

The west like to act like it's the so called "liberal" generating all its revenue. NO SIR!

Facebook, gave me Temporary ban for using the word "MUMU" even though it was not in an abusive context. lol.. Does someone experience life sucking mental trauma when i call them MUMU? Oh please..
"traumatized" 2022's most abused word.
To hell with liberalism.. grin grin grin

LoLz! You think that's the only issue? Musk tweeted at Hilary a conspiracy theory about Paul Pelosi's attack from the same source that said Hilary had died in 2001 and it was a body double walking around. If you don't think such tweets are problematic then I don't know what to say to you.

To hell with people who can't live and let live.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Idaytesj29(m): 7:59am On Nov 06, 2022
Difrent:

These are just conjectures.
ASUU have research grants....and lecturers do go for studies abroad....it may not be enough but it's available thro ugh tetfund.
Any government staff transferred will be paid DTA. It may not be immediately but they do get paid eventually because the Labour leaders won't allow such a government agency be.

With all due respect sir, all that you stated above are not true. And this is causing some people pains, don't trivialize it. Just try to do an undercover investigative journalism, you will be amazed by the facts you will gather.

When it's only IGP and his entourages plus Commissioners in charges of states gets DTA, is that not by privilege already?

How many lecturers get TETFUND? Put it on ratio. How many of them get funded doctorals without paying with their salaries? If you don't belong to the ruling clique, these inadequate fundings becomes elusive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Idaytesj29(m): 7:59am On Nov 06, 2022
JoffreyBeroth:

Thats exactly what he's saying, he is preferring a solution to this problem that you just stated. A lit of politicians in office doing nothing, they need to be cut off

Bless you
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Idaytesj29(m): 8:04am On Nov 06, 2022
IMASTEX:

Your reply is what I call a sensible debate as it should be unlike those kids that probably skipped debate section in high school. You clearly cited your points which was against the guy's view without needless insults. I think when a system is well structured to run properly which is largely the role of the government, only then will the employee's behavior towards work be well policed. Although, it is still the government "politicians" that use civil service recruitment as political gratification.

Bless you sir. That's another good angle to consider. They, the political class causes a lot of problems. They have something called job slots. All their political thugs and very unqualified candidates will get the jobs after the Legislatures, top executives and heads of judiciaries share the recruitment nos among themselves.

So, you have workers you can control, not ready to work and combined with a very challenging and discouraging working conditions.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Idaytesj29(m): 8:13am On Nov 06, 2022
owagbeba:

Bro, you described a very bad working condition: half-pay, no allowance, no vacation, no research fund, no transport allowance, poor working environment, hot office,

Come to think of it, why would any educated person with skill continue work in this horrible condition,When he could use his skills and render services to millions of Nigerians directly?

Are those working in this condition nothing to offer in the private sector?

Or are they truly the educated but no skills who make the bulk of the bureaucrats playing solitaire in government offices as ValCon888 described in his piece?

This is entirely a different debate. Well, to say they have nothing to offer in private sector is why they didn't leave doesn't sound fitting. I think, the public sector has alot of competent, qualified and dependable hands.

In private sectors, there are well structured organisations while some organisations are career traps.
When I was working with an indigenous Telecoms Company, I was having alot of hope for growth, but I starting seeing examples that I am not happy about. People spending 10 years without an evaluation for promotion, some department gets more promoted while the other does not, etc... I started reapplying for jobs else where. And as God will have it, I left for a better place.

The private sector has their own ills, but if you can find a better run organisations, it's better experience. Public sector is not well cared for and too much political influence is a minus for them. In general, private sector offer better growth and better work place experience.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by kkins25(m): 8:16am On Nov 06, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! You think that's the only issue? Musk tweeted at Hilary a conspiracy theory about Paul Pelosi's attack from the same source that said Hilary had died in 2001 and it was a body double walking around. If you don't think such tweets are problematic then I don't know what to say to you.

To hell with people who can't live and let live.
For that reason, advertisers are jumping ship? I think not. Now pay your $8. grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Idaytesj29(m): 8:18am On Nov 06, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

I don't know much about it, but why should people who don't work be paid anything? This is what promotes laziness and terrible work ethic. What was in their employment contract?

Nice contribution, you know there are some government organizations that are only engaged once in 4 years like INEC and National population Commission. They are without activities till another 4 years
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by Perfectbeing(m): 8:28am On Nov 06, 2022
ValCon888:

Actually running a country like Nigeria is much worse than running your own business.

There are good policies you would want to make in Nigeria that other tribe and regions might not accept.
Eg building a railway from Nigeria to Niger was OK when Jonathan from the South brought it up in 2013 but was a crime when Buhari, a Northerner started it.

Soludo destroyed a church building in his State for a good reason and Christian did not wail, but El Rufai destroyed a church in his state for the same reason and it became a crime.

Jonathan fought BH and Northerners said a fight against BH is anti North. Buhari fought IPOB and Southerners complained.

If a Southern President wants to reduce the workforce in Government agencies and most people affected are Northerners, it would be seen as tribalistic. Same if it is a Northern President.

These and many more reasons too numerous to mention is why Nigeria, a country with too many tribes and two dominant religion, is a million times more difficult to run than a business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria / The Nigerians Working With Mark Zuckerberg At Facebook (Photos) / Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.