Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits (38382 Views)

Elon Musk Says Twitter Users Will Not Be Able To Block People, Except In DMs / Musk: Twitter Taking Legal Action To enforce Agreed Deal / Elon Musk Terminates His $44 Billion Twitter Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
kkins25:

Fun and games, until reverse is the case and the knight Templar are at your door step demanding you profess your love for christ. When it comes to Liberal nonsense, the opposite side is also allowed her freedom of expression.
Now answer me this, Why are the others biitching about me not calling them "they," "them" xhe" etc? Hmmm... lol!

Oh did you say ridiculous? Arghhh!! I'm traumatized, and now my mental health is in shambles!! Arghhh! Arghhhh!! My health!!

grin grin grin

Yeah you are being ridiculous because what you are being asked to do doesn't affect you even in the slightest but I guess it's kool to be the token contrarian right? LMFAO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by kkins25(m): 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
LordReed:

Yeah you are being ridiculous because what you are being asked to do doesn't affect you even in the slightest but I guess it's kool to be the token contrarian right? LMFAO!
There once was a time when no one was allowed to utter the words "Jesus is not son of God" in the Roman empire. Saying it wouldn't affect anyone, but the law existed non the less.

Calling a physically appearing man a man doesn't affect the individual, but, i could loose my job for it.. Where's justice for me?
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by cococandy(f): 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
kkins25:

SMH, when the system was in your command, you didn't know it needed fixing. Now that you've lost the power to d opposite side, you remember that free speech exits? when people were getting canceled for saying gender is binary, where were you and ur self acclaimed morality? e dey pain una... grin grin

No I didn’t think it needed fixing. Censoring hate speech is a civic and civil responsibility.
Y’all are the ones who said that needed fixing. You needed freedom to say whatever to whomever. If you think so, then stick to your beliefs. Don’t be lying hypocrites. Be ready to accept the free speech from anyone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
kkins25:
There once was a time when no one was allowed to utter the words "Jesus is not son of God" in the Roman empire. Saying it wouldn't affect anyone, but the law existed non the less.

Calling a physically appearing man a man doesn't affect the individual, but, i could loose my job for it.. Where's justice for me?

Why do you want to be a dick by force to your coworkers?

I had a coworker who I used to tease with the Calabar stereotype of saying oga madam. She told me she didn't like it so I stopped. I guess you would have continued because freeze peach right? LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by kkins25(m): 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2022
cococandy:

No I didn’t think I needed fixing. Censoring hate speech is a civic and civil responsibility.
Y’all are the ones who said that needed fixing. You needed freedom to say whatever to whomever. If you think so, then stick to your beliefs. Don’t be lying hypocrites. Be ready to accept the free speech from anyone

you'd need to define hate speech. because for all i know the concept of feminist is hate speech in some countries.. so define what you mean.. We didn't say we needed fixing. we that used to make racist jokes without any worry? now even dave chappelle has to measure the risk of anything he says. Imagine if J. K. rowlings wasn't that powerfull? abegi, make una commot from here.. pioneers of traumatized... FB is even giving me ban for saying "MUMU." gerrarahia mehn!!hate speech ko, hate spit ni
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by kkins25(m): 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2022
LordReed:

Why do you want to be a dick by force to your coworkers?
Whe are all secretly being dycks to one person or group of people.
We both agree there's no God and voice our beliefs freely. Aren't we being dicks to many folks las las, we are all dycks. grin grin
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2022
kkins25:
Whe are all secretly being dycks to one person or group of people.
We both agree there's no God and voice our beliefs freely. Aren't we being dicks to many folks las las, we are all dycks. grin grin

I don't go about pointing in my coworkers faces and saying their god doesn't exist because I am not a dickhead. Being in an online forum and discussing the existence of a god is not being a dick because the forum was built for the purpose of public discourse.

Yeah I know you like being a dick but not everyone is like you. LoLz.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2022
If you think that hate speech is subjective, then you obviously do not have the band-with for this conversation. Forgive me for not seeing that sooner.

kkins25:

you'd need to define hate speech. because for all i know the concept of feminist is hate speech in some countries.. so define what you mean.. We didn't say we needed fixing. we that used to make racist jokes without any worry? now even dave chappelle has to measure the risk of anything he says. Imagine if J. K. rowlings wasn't that powerfull? abegi, make una commot from here.. pioneers of traumatized... FB is even giving me ban for saying "MUMU." gerrarahia mehn!!hate speech ko, hate spit ni

1 Like

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by kkins25(m): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
cococandy:
If you think that hate speech is subjective, then you obviously do not have the band-with for this conversation. Forgive me for not seeing that sooner.

heheh, I like the choice of word "band with." ouch! candy, you're a naughty tiger.

reality check 1: Forgive me for not being oblivious to reality candy. hate speech has many facets, 'nigga' is offensive if uttered by a white man but not by a black. In this regard, hate speech is subjective isn't it?

reality check 2: Gender equality or the lack there of. Some countries are okay with their current social structure. women are fine being the cooks, and men are fine footing 100% of the bills. In another country, the one you get all your moral values from, If i say women should sit at home and cook, I'd be termed misogynist. Tell me, does that term apply in African, Asian, middle eastern countries? isn't that subjectivity?

reality check 3: In naija, if i say "Igbo people like money" we all should laugh. In the lands of Babylon, who you worship, they'd call me a racist for making such stereotypical remarks. Isn't it?
"A man is the head of the house, and a woman should be submissive to him"

Africa: i agree
Asia : i agree
Russia: i agree
South America: i agree
The west: Hate speech!!!! Misogynist!!!! He hates women!!!!

reality check 4: Maybe instead of belittling me, why not check if you are on 5G? You can't be on 2G and call people on 5G dumb.

Again, who would define what hate speech is?

If a Christian writes the law, wouldn't any claim not in tune with "Jesus is the son of god" be hate speech? The same can be said about other religions. History has proven this. The current state of the world has proven this. Israelites killing Palestine's; every body is shouting Israel is the kingdom of JHV. Saudi Arabia is doing the same in Yemen, no body gives a fvck.
Russia, an established enemy of the west, mimics the actions of the aforementioned- the whole world goes nuts.

lets start simple: If i say there are only two genders, would that be "hate-speech"?

If yes, why?
If no, then why are people getting punished for it?
Incase, the information is taking too long to load, I'm not in a hurry. Open to change my mind, other wise, candy, you can[i] lick[/i] your wounds.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
kkins25:

It is not "your job", kk, since you did not creat. It is the job that your employer is using the chain they tie you to do their job with and the non-gender inclusive monitor that they put in your mouth and the huge burly guards that follow you around to constantly remind you to non-gender speak!

Now, if they were paying you for the pleasure of you doing their job you'd be dancing like these I saw outside Hamley's earlier. In the rain.

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2022
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2022
kkins25:
For that reason, advertisers are jumping ship? I think not. Now pay your $8. grin grin grin grin

Pay for what? LMFAO!

Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by budaatum: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2022
LordReed:
@budaatum

Have you seen this:

https://www.nairaland.com/7428388/more-confusion-twitter-blue-subscription

Yeah my Lord, saw it. I was confused, lol.
Re: Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits by LordReed(m): 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
budaatum:

Yeah my Lord, saw it. I was confused, lol.

LoLz!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria / The Nigerians Working With Mark Zuckerberg At Facebook (Photos) / Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.