Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Do You Really Know Your First Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Really Know Your First Love? (1071 Views)

Do Nigerian Girls Really Know The Meaning Of "Orente"? / What Did You Really Miss About Your EX? / How Do You Really Know You Are In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Orikinla(m): 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
Your first love or your first lust. In many romantic experiences what humans often mistake for their first love is actually their first lust driven by their sexuality and shallow. The guy who deflowered you may not be your first love, but only your "first fork". Your first love is the first person you have fallen in love with TRULY and gratis.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by dammytex: 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
Well I think I do.
It was in my first year in the Uni. we were level mates and she was about to be awarded the most beautiful fresher on campus. I happened to be her tutor in some first year courses. We got closer, we read together all night at different places including my room (stayed off campus) and we both felt something; I guess. She was the first to be sensitive about us while I was the Sanguine. She tried to caution and model me towards her ideal kind of man. I was jelling, and in the act, I began to fall slowly. Her presence near me began to quicken my heart rate, making me uncomfortable. She couldn't look me straight in my eyes anymore. She was 18, I was 19. I always smiled to her which she always returned. I never said anything. I was a big slacker then. (You can't blame; it my first time of feeling for someone).
Exams started in Dec '00, She left on the day of the last paper (Dec 15). She gave a very tight warm 45 sec hug before she left town for home that same day. The same day, her award was announced which was received by her friend on her behalf.

I promised to speak up whenever we resume in Jan 01. Nationwide ASU strike came and we never resumed until Aug 01. By then, things had gotten messy.

I lost her. The feelings were now weaker since it never had the chance to materialize. We were still friends but it became obvious we'd never be more than that.

We graduated in Aug '06 (Engineering). She's married now with a kid and by some strange reasons, she still calls me her husband, even in front of her husband.

Those five months were still the best part of my emotions and affection till date. I never for once thought about sex for those five months. I only wanted to tell her that I was falling in love with her but I couldn't.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^^ Wow! Some touching story there Bro! She'll REMAIN your first LOVE! NO DOUBTS!!!
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by MMM2(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
1st fu-ck angry
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
@ MMM lol soo true.

sexual tension was definitely the culprit that attracted me to my first heartache or as u all say love. that bastard fed me lies and i believed him cos he was cute, good (at many things lol) and seemed believable to my at the time 18 year old naive self.

i learned that 90 percent of what he told me was a lie two damn years after we broke up. damn he goat.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Misbee(f): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
My first love eva n wil continue 2 b eventhough i dnt want him again is my blind date wit a guy called(Wale).I truly loved dis guy n he knew it but he bleeped up.And nw he's beggin 2 cum bk bt am hooked-up already.My advice 2 every1 is dat don't take sum1 who truly love u 4 granted.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Dondav(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
I'm not sure! ! !
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by WebSurfer(m): 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
dammytex:

Well I think I do.
It was in my first year in the Uni. we were level mates and she was about to be awarded the most beautiful fresher on campus. I happened to be her tutor in some first year courses. We got closer, we read together all night at different places including my room (stayed off campus) and we both felt something; I guess. She was the first to be sensitive about us while I was the Sanguine. She tried to caution and model me towards her ideal kind of man. I was jelling, and in the act, I began to fall slowly. Her presence near me began to quicken my heart rate, making me uncomfortable. She couldn't look me straight in my eyes anymore. She was 18, I was 19. I always smiled to her which she always returned. I never said anything. I was a big slacker then. (You can't blame; it my first time of feeling for someone).
Exams started in Dec '00, She left on the day of the last paper (Dec 15). She gave a very tight warm 45 sec hug before she left town for home that same day. The same day, her award was announced which was received by her friend on her behalf.

I promised to speak up whenever we resume in Jan 01. Nationwide ASU strike came and we never resumed until Aug 01. By then, things had gotten messy.

I lost her. The feelings were now weaker since it never had the chance to materialize. We were still friends but it became obvious we'd never be more than that.

We graduated in Aug '06 (Engineering). She's married now with a kid and by some strange reasons, she still calls me her husband, even in front of her husband.

Those five months were still the best part of my emotions and affection till date. I never for once thought about sex for those five months. I only wanted to tell her that I was falling in love with her but I couldn't.

something very very similar like this once happened to mee. true story.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by claremont(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
Orikinla:

Your first love or your first lust. In many romantic experiences what humans often mistake for their first love is actually their first lust driven by their sexuality and shallow. The guy who deflowered you may not be your first love, but only your "first fork". Your first love is the first person you have fallen in love with TRULY and gratis.
True! cool
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Tosinville(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2011
Oops! i don't even have first love or Bleep.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
@dammytex, I love your story, very interesting.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Mynd44: 11:56pm On Aug 22, 2011
Don't mean to brag but all I have had is first intimacy not Love.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by manakeagie: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
yes i know him , it was in my last year in university he was so sweet but i left him because of too much pride and he really didnt care about my feelings,
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Mynd44: 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^
And how did you come to love someone who does not give a hoot how you feel?
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Tjluv: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
Mynd_44:

^^^
And how did you come to love someone who does not give a hoot how you feel?
Exactly what i meant by falling in love with the wrong person,on the other thread.
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by MrCork17: 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
yea my first love were Sandra & Quinita. We had a 3some wink
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by mamacy: 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
i left my first love a month ago because he was too proud and self-centred, took me sometime to get over-with
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by ronkebp(f): 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
My first love ( smiling), was (is) special to me, we are friends now, but in our hearts we are more than that and would always be, we met one beautiful evening, our eyes locked, and that was it, everything went on smoothly till i got my admission into the university, and it (our relationship) became sour, (because of me), i guess i thought i had grown and became a big babe, i let that very special thing i had for him, disappear and he on the verge of not wanting his heart broken, tried so much to forget me, but to no avail, then after everything i realised, it had been him all along, he has been the only one i really loved, (a very pure selfless feeling).
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by MMM2(m): 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

@ MMM lol soo true.

intimate tension was definitely the culprit that attracted me to my first heartache or as u all say love. that bastard fed me lies and i believed him cos he was cute, good (at many things lol) and seemed believable to my at the time 18 year old naive self.

i learned that 90 percent of what he told me was a lie two damn years after we broke up. damn he goat.

dat mean we have something in common undecided

so when re we winkwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Mynd44: 5:24am On Aug 24, 2011
Tjluv:

Exactly what i meant by falling in love with the wrong person,on the other thread.

I still don't get it. Did you fall in Love because of his looks or what? Is Love something that just happens suddenly cos tome their is supposed to be certain displays by him before you can actually have those feelings except you fell for him before you started dating
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by juventino: 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2011
Still pondering, No IDEA
Re: Do You Really Know Your First Love? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2011
this thread just opened up dat part of me i hardly want to go close to. My first love broke my heart and i felt like killin myself then! My friends and family knew abt her, my mum liked her so much! I told her she's my first love although am nt hers. She left me for another guy BUT d guy betrayed her, got her pregnant and beat her up till she was unconscious and had a miscarriage! I was d only one she allowed to stay wit her wen she was admitted at d hospital. Although we r still very close friends, i certainly can not accept her back into my life and she knows this.

(1) (Reply)

Grown Up Facts / Your Male Friend Slaps Your Girlfriend / My Wife Match-making For Her Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.