Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira (39529 Views)

Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members / PDP, Others Criticises FG As US Alleges Massive Graft In Buhari's Regime / Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by voltron14: 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
That has really affected naira value now. A dollar is now 850 naira but the APC met it at 250 naira and protested. I wonder what they'd convince people with next year to vote them.again.

Wait oooo!

Where's the 3m jobs yearly which tinubu said buhari-led administration would provide in 2015?

Where's the improved electricity?

Where's the improved economy?

Where's the improved security?

Where's the improved governance and curb in corruption?

Tinubu is at it again with his fake manifesto

If you fall for it. Ę ti gbe! Urgent 2k no dey pay again cos people wey dey give don lose their jobs due to the apc bad econimic policy, l'obatan. Ordinary Benin Republic cefa has overtaken naira in value.

So, think deep before you cast that vote.

The redesign of the currency made it lose its value.

Brilliant.

Please may I know the name of the university you attended?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by WhisperedNoise: 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
saintrow1:
Men of God and money
So you're happy with how the economy is tumbling ba?

Or he doesn't have a right to air his opinions again?

Omo, any people have oil in their noggins.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by WhisperedNoise: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2022
nduchucks:
With dye respect, Adeboye sounds like an illiterate when it comes to monetary policies and basic economics.

The redesign of the naira will drastically reduce the demand for foreign currencies in the black market. The demand for foreign currency is very high because the thieves that have stashed billions of naira inside their homes and anywhere except the banks have been rushing to the black market to convert the loot to dollars.

The redesign will checkmate this stress on the naira. The redesign should reduce the demand for the dollar in the black market with a positive effect on the black market exchange rate.

Note that the official exchange rate has been stable and if you have a legitimate business reason, you can purchase the dollar for example, for N438 or so.

If we want to make the dollar stronger, we should reduce our imports and focus on exports, among other things. This has nothing to do with the redesign of the naira.

Adeboye should spend more energy and Redeem's money to help lift the poor out of poverty than on criticizing a great move by the government.

P.S. the dollar will be worth N1,000 soon with or without redesign of the naira. We need to deal with the root cause of the fall of the naira.

A PhD in mathematics is who you call an illiterate in basic economics? Omo, i doubt, with your empty treatise above, that you can bag a PhD in applied mathematics.

BTW, what you wrote up there is theoretical and it is NOT what the naira needs now. How do I know? I'm an advanced student of macro economics and global finance.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Blueivyp: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2022
teepain:

With a population that is approximately 1/6th of Nigeria's population coupled with their vibrant chemical industry, do you have an idea, how much money Saudi makes from Religious Tourism? For context, they are projected to make about 350 billion dollars from that industry by 2030.

I doubt you no how much Nigeria make from religion tourism too and other sectors.

The problem is that these monies aren't in government purse but individual purses due to corruption.

This new move by CBN will drain those purses. New millionaire will rise, new was a millionaire will also dey.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Psoul(m): 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pwettylinda:
Thiefnubuu should be taken to the high sea and thrown in for sharks to feed on.

No pitty for looter undecided

So you want to corrupt the high sea.
Even his meat will not be palatable to the sharks.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by oyeb15: 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2022
It's affecting baba GO. All of u will bring ur stock cash to d bank this time
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Glink2018(m): 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pwettylinda:

So, someone parent and spouse should be taken to high sea for shark to feed on...without conviction from.court whatsoever....

Just imagine your parents, loved ones or your spouse is taking to high and thrown in for sharks to feed on... because the disaster you are wishing will soon happen to some of your loved ones before the year ends...Walai!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by teepain: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
Blueivyp:

Naira is not over valued. All these value attached to production and consumption is layman economic.

Saudi Arabia is oil based with little production yet their money is stronger than USD. Why is it so?

Additionally, Saudi sold approximately 161.7 billion dollars worth of crude oil for approximately a population of 36 million people while Nigeria sold approximately 30.6 billion dollars worth of crude oil for an approximate population of 200 million people. Factor in the money they make from Hajj (religious pilgrimage) and then you would understand why their currency is stronger.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by teepain: 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
Blueivyp:

I doubt you no how much Nigeria make from religion tourism too and other sectors.

The problem is that these monies aren't in government purse but individual purses due to corruption.

This new move by CBN will drain those purses. New millionaire will rise, new was a millionaire will also dey.

Nigeria makes money from Religious Tourism?! You make me laugh.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by asanausana91: 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
asuraking:
you are not God.
neither are you
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Eriokanmi: 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
voltron14:

The redesign of the currency made it lose its value.

Brilliant.

Please may I know the name of the university you attended?
Wetin you sabi? Go to Allen and see how people are bombarding BDC offices with cash in exchange for dollar which further mounts pressure on the dollar. Your political mentors know they cant meet up with the CBN's deadlines to return the cash while some others don't have the guts to take it to the bank to avoid being caught so they mop up.yhe few dollars in circulation. When last did you have access to the CBN's official rates? People go to BDCs to buy fx

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by oyeb15: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
Adeboye rides the most expensive bullet proof bus in Nigeria. It can withstand granade and has restroom.

Till the election will come and go, God has nothing to say to people like this cos the riches of the world has occupied their heart. He's just like d politicians
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by nedekid: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
What is this baba saying sef? undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Spandau: 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
phoneport:

Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/11/05/pastor-adeboye-tackles-fg-over-plan-to-redesign-naira/

Baba you duty is not to pray for any politician that comes. That was how you have dragged your own name in the mud for long. Your duty as a pastor is to feed the flock. Not pray for politicians. You only pray for them because you are a political pastor and you know that when they come, something must drop.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by voltron14: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Wetin you sabi? Go to Allen and see how people are bombarding BDC offices with cash in exchange for dollar which further mounts pressure on the dollar. When last did you have access to the CBN's official rates? People go to BDCs to buy fx

Which bombarding?

Na so una go just dey lie.

Tuehh.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by karnafiu03(m): 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
WhisperedNoise:

So the church doesn't have bank accounts anymore?

Omo, the way some of you reason ehn...ba ankali

So all people that hide cash at home don't have bank acct. Clown!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Spandau: 1:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
Glink2018:

So, someone parent and spouse should be taken to high sea for shark to feed on...without conviction from.court whatsoever....

Just imagine your parents, loved ones or your spouse is taking to high and thrown in for sharks to feed on... because the disaster you are wishing will soon happen to some of your loved ones before the year ends...Walai!

Armed robbers and gunmen who are killed are not people's parents too? You no get point.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by kareemkamil(m): 1:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
Adeboye the pupilt bandit as spoken.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Umunze1stSon(m): 1:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I have no prophecy concerning this matter. Thanks for your understanding.

This I have seen.
LOL
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by jubrilELsudan: 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2022
THIS PASTOR ADEBOYE IS MOST STUPID

IT'S VERY OBVIOUS HE IS VERY GUILTY OF HOARDING MONEY IN HIS CHURCHES AND SAFE HOUSES

I WON'T BE SURPRISED HE COLLECTS TITHE AND OFFERINGS FROM KIDNAPPERS AND BANDITS

Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Spandau: 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
jojothaiv:
Pa Adeboye is no economist but a mathematician and seasoned man of God, I believe his mathematical skills could help with the numbers and reasons why the redesign of the Naira notes is not needed at this time...

Seasoned indeed. Mtcheewww
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Grandemperor(m): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Parochialism and ignorance have become the aberrant mindset of numerous agents of darkness! How does the introduction of newfangled non-metallic currences in Nigeria or elsewhere correlate with the current and future upsurge in inflation or pecuniary exchange rates? These economic derangements are the gobal conditions today; and not peculiar to Nigeria. The USD/Green Back has overwhelmed currencies/exchange rates with unprecedented scarcity and inflation in global markets. Persons who have access to pulpits must strive to save and/or maintain souls in God's direction, and abstain from policies devoid of tenents and precepts of the Church/Mosque/Synagogue/Traditionalism, etc which contradict the Commandments of the Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Glead(m): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Government had reprint NAIRA for three or more in my present day!
It had no value to naira !
Chech other African country with appreciated currency? Did they reprint time after time their currency.
Our leaders are JOKERS and IDIOTS
Nigeria!!! God! Which way oooo

Nigerian debt?
Foreign company deals with government elect ?
Politicians take home allowances ?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Eriokanmi: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
voltron14:

Which bombarding?

Na so una go just dey lie.

Tuehh.
Enough said,. Even the illiterates who don't read news know the reality on ground as prices of commodity went up sharply in recent days. Keep suffering and smiling. You'd soon know who's lying. Arresting the BDCs won't solve the problem. Tell your myopic leaders to do the needful. The fault is theirs
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by ogbonti: 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Buhari does not want Tinubu to succeed him - he knows Tinubu kept his money in billions of Naira to influence this upcoming election - Atiku living in the UAE is more likely to have his loot attached in forex / dollars so he won’t be affected by this change

This was what Buhari was planning that was why he gave Wike - Rivers money of N200 billion and the mumu was smiling thinking Buhari was stupid - Buhari knew Wike will starch that money away and he decided to counterfeit it for him

hmmmm - Southerners get a lot of book sense but northerners have a lot of political sense - Buhari is secretly supporting his brother
Fulani to take over from him

know this and know peace!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by voltron14: 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Enough said,. Even the illiterates who don't read news know the reality on ground as prices of commodity went up sharply in recent days. Keep suffering and smiling. You'd soon know who's lying

Commodity prices went up because of the change of currency.

Let us know your university.

You should be proud to promote it na.

grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Eriokanmi: 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
voltron14:

Commodity prices went up because of the change of currency.

Let us know your university.

You should be proud to promote it na.

grin
I'm not the founder of Google. It's your friend, consult it ok? It's in the news already

Tell your myopic and vision less leaders to stop arresting the BDCs. Its not their fault they're taking cash to them in exchange for dollar. They know what to do so people like you won't become more impoverished. I don talk my own.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by hortidag: 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
seunaj:
Have you seen what has happened to naira since the announcement?
Naira in free fall from 740 to about 900. The best emefiele could do was to use EFCC to harass the BDc's. Even if it's not ill meaninged, the timing can make it all wrong. Plus you cannot just trust this evil government to do such a thing as this 4 months to the general elections outside political reasons.
Emefielenomics and Buharinomics is the worse combination Nigeria could ever have. Two dummbass!
Agbado-nomics is worse
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by Pwettylinda(f): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Glink2018:

Since the Nigerian Judiciary is not working na grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira by voltron14: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I'm not the founder of Google. It's your friend, consult it ok? It's in the news already

Tell your myopic and vision less leaders to stop arresting the BDCs. Its not their fault they're taking cash to them in exchange for dollar. They know what to do so people like you won't become more impoverished. I don talk my own.

Oga mumu.

You don't know close to.Emefiele or the decision making board of CBN.

At best you are a pedestrian onlooker.

At worst... a bloody illiterate wouldn't describe you enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.