Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification (40245 Views)

Deal - .com For Just $8.88 - 19% Off. For A Limited Time Only! / Instagram Rolls Out New Update To The Bio Section Of Your Profile, Check It Out / Usa Google Adsense With $8 For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by fergie001: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2022
Twitter on Saturday launched a subscription service for $8 a month that includes a blue checkmark now given to verified accounts as new owner Elon Musk overhauls the platform’s verification system.

In an update to Apple iOS devices, Twitter said users who “sign up now” can receive the blue checkmark next to their names, “just like the celebrities, companies and politicians you already follow.”

The change represents the end of Twitter’s current verification system, which was launched in 2009 to prevent impersonations of high-profile accounts such as celebrities and politicians. Twitter before the overhaul had about 423,000 verified accounts, many of them rank-and-file journalists from around the globe that the company verified regardless of how many followers they had.

Experts have raised grave concerns about upending the platform’s verification system that, while not perfect, has helped Twitter’s 238 million daily users determine whether the accounts they were getting information from were authentic. The update Twitter made to the iOS version of its app does not mention verification as part of the new “blue check” system.

It comes a day after the company began laying off workers to cut costs. About half of the company’s staff of 7,500 was let go, tweeted Yoel Roth, Twitter’s head of safety & integrity.

Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey on Saturday took blame for such widespread job losses. He had two runs as CEO of Twitter, with the most recent stretching from 2015 into 2021.

“I own the responsibility for why everyone is in this situation: I grew the company size too quickly,” he tweeted. “I apologize for that.”

|SOURCE|

­

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Scammerr(m): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
Twitter should unverify me, asap.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by PlayMaker14: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
I love Elon Musk and how he overhauled the useless way some people gets verified before now.

Some proud fools do feel like gods amongst men because of that blue tick especially some of our Nigerian celebrities.

grin

438 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by ojun50(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
There wahala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by dawnomike(m): 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
Welcome to the era of Elon

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by bigdammyj: 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
Noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by christejames(m): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
Elon Musk is indeed a business man grin

212 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by GarkiAccessory(m): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
R
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by abobote: 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
One good thing about this new Twitter owner, is that Twitter will be more open now, we will know the day to day running of the social media, and some of us will learn a thing or two on the business side

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by BluntCrazeMan: 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
Offpoint1:
Meaning a fake account can have a blue tick with just dollar?

NO..
It Means that you must NOT have to be a celebrity, or a Politician, or a well-known person before you get the blue check.
All you need is for you to pass through an identification process which indicates that YOU, as the user online - is actually the same person as the user offline.
THEN YOU PAY FOR THE BLUE CHECK...

edogu:
Imagine having two Donald Trump names, all verified. How do you differentiate original from fake? There is need to put in place stringent measures such as KYC to check against scammers.
I once wanted to get verified on Twitter, and on Facebook too..
I passed all their Identification stages.
They confirmed my i.d-cards, and I did real-time facial captures.
But then, I am not a popular celebrity, neither am I a popular politician..
So, I couldn't pass their tests for popularity.

And that was how I was denied the blue check badge.

So, relax.
Identity of the user still counts.
But this time, popularity is no more the main criteria.
Just pay the money..
That is, if you think the Blue-check badge is so important to your brand and business.

Meanwhile,, if the only benefit of “Twitter Blue” is just the BLUE-CHECK BADGE,, then there is no need having two plans.
The $4-plan, and the $8-plan.

116 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Dialpad: 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
Soon to become home of junkies and haven for spammers

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by underpinna: 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
Let's get down to business Musk.

But how do I profit using twitter.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Sabadon(m): 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
This is purely business cool

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Newyorkitis(m): 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
Capitalism in action!

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by sterlingD(m): 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Scammerr:
Twitter should unverified me, asap.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Nah, I can't afford it grin grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by NaijaMutant(f): 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Japheth Omojuwa always uses this blue tick to pepper his foes on Twitter, to the extent that he wrote a book and used his Twitter profile with the blue tick as a cover page grin

Elon musk don humble everybody grin

They can't complain before Elon musk deactivates their account, guess what, twitter made them relevant undecided

Seun Osewa, this is your last opportunity to be verified, rush now before Elon musk change his mind, it's only $8 grin grin grin

203 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
yahoodetector:
Elon Chukwuebuka Musk! grin
Hehehehehe grin cheesy wink.

Seun Osewa right now.........

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by emmanuel596(m): 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Elon musk didn't come to play...pay or getat

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
flokii:
Trust most Nigerians to abandon twitter.. Nl ti take over.
They are all welcome with love.
We want atleast 50% of our population to be active here on Nairaland.
The owner and moderators just need to sieve out some animals in human forms in the forum.
People being happy in other member's misery and pains, making fun of people in their lowest of lows.
Low lives.
The forum needs to be sanitized.
It is only Where there is no law, there is no sin.

abobote:
One good thing about this new Twitter owner, is that Twitter will be more open now, we will know the day to day running of the social media, and some of us will learn a thing or two on the business side
That one sef dey....

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Mmbm
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Uyi168: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by yahoodetector: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Elon Chukwuebuka Musk! grin

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by flokii: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Trust most Nigerians to abandon twitter.. Nl ti take over.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Offpoint1: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Meaning a fake account can have a blue tick with just dollar?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Maynnmaan: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Nice!
Blue tick is not meant for the “elites” anymore.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Pwettylinda(f): 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
grin

I kind of like it oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by VeryWickedMan: 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
Give me two

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by obembet(f): 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
Scammerr:
Twitter should unverified me, asap.

Scammer grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by davodyguy: 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
How many verified Nigerians can afford this?

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Halloween: Mark Zuckerberg & His Family Dressed As A Dragon, Vikings & Sheep / Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of Him Running Around The World Including Lagos. / Instablog9ja Account has been Deleted by Instagram (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.