Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification (40249 Views)

Deal - .com For Just $8.88 - 19% Off. For A Limited Time Only! / Instagram Rolls Out New Update To The Bio Section Of Your Profile, Check It Out / Usa Google Adsense With $8 For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by SeriouslySense(m): 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
really, ok, as per recognized Twitter users, tor.

Seriously, perhaps the comparative advantage is worth, you are paying for some kind of advantage in terms of trustworthiness perhaps, more marketing power. If so, the long-term gain is quite worth it, unless the comparative advantage is maybe marginal.

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by HomeTutorsPro: 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
If just 100 million of twitter's over 380 million users pay a monthly $8 to keep their blue tick, Twitter will be making $800 million every month from verification subscription alone!
Elon Ebubeego Munachi Musk!
I see far more than that number subscribing. After all, even if the dollar rises to #1k/$, $8 is still just 8k.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by LegendHero(m): 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
Offpoint1:
Meaning a fake account can have a blue tick with just dollar?

It will reduce the incident of Bots on Twitter. I guess that is his main target.

He’s also trying to monetize it such that most people will want to pay for blue tick and that will generate mad revenue base for Twitter.

You have some people opening thousands of Bots account on Twitter, it will be hard for you to want to pay $7.99 for your Bots account.

That’s gonna be too expensive monthly.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by greggng: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2022
I.love this development...let me go and get my blue tick ..b4 it finishes ...then politicians can now listen to me when I criticise them on my handle

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by SeriouslySense(m): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
Some bots are those fake account with pictures of beautiful women's and with few post.
LegendHero:

It will reduce the incident of Bots on Twitter. I guess that is his main target.

He’s also trying to monetize it such that most people will want to pay for blue tick and that will generate mad revenue base for Twitter.

You have some people opening thousands of Bots account on Twitter, it will be hard for you to want to pay $7.99 for your Bots account.

That’s gonna be too expensive monthly.
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by SeriouslySense(m): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
grin grin grin okay o
greggng:
I.love this development...let me go and get my blue tick ..b4 it finishes ...then politicians can now listen to me when I criticise them on my handle
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by LegendHero(m): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Some bots are those fake account with pictures of beautiful women's and with few post.

Yes all those ones are Bots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Onyenna(m): 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Offpoint1:

Naah..... Strict verifications will be made. Not just $8... They’ll do a video call with the person to ensure the pictures on his profile is same as in real life..... ID cards might be checked too.....

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:
If just 100 million of twitter's over 380 million users pay a monthly $8 to keep their blue tick, Twitter will be making $800 million every month from verification subscription alone!
Elon Ebubeego Munachi Musk!
I see far more than that number subscribing. After all, even if the dollar rises to #1k/$, $8 is still just 8k.
Lol.
No one's paying $8 monthly to get a sign you'll see in every 3rd account you count.
The verification badge is suppose to be a sign of prestige and hence will loose it's appeal when it becomes so common or when anyone can easily get it. I'd prefer if they stick with the original or make it cost way more than just $8, perhaps make different categories of the tick with prices increasing for each category– that way you can get that prestige associated with it.

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by etrange: 11:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
PlayMaker14:
I love Elon Musk and how he overhauled the useless way some people gets verified before now.

Some proud fools do feel like gods amongst men because of that blue tick especially some of our Nigerian celebrities.

grin

Lol... Of course, you'd like it because you were not verified. People would do anything to pull others down to their level.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by PlayMaker14: 11:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
etrange:

Lol... Of course, you'd like it because you were not verified. People would do anything to pull others down to their level.
If you're one of those never do well feeling like god because of the blue badge, I will not only bring you down, I will make sure you stay there for the rest of your life. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by SeriouslySense(m): 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
Exactly.
BeLookingIDIOT:

Lol.
No one's paying $8 monthly to get a sign you'll see in every 3rd account you count.
The verification badge is suppose to be a sign of prestige and hence will loose it's appeal when it becomes so common or when anyone can easily get it.
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by etrange: 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
PlayMaker14:
If you're one of those never do well feeling like god because of the blue badge, I will not only bring you down, I will make sure you stay there for the rest of your life. smiley

I'm sure you would if you could. smiley

1 Like

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by PlayMaker14: 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
etrange:

I'm you would if you could. smiley
Type in English.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Sparkd(m): 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2022
[color=#550000][/color] NOTED
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by FreeStuffsNG: 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey on Saturday took blame for such widespread job losses. He had two runs as CEO of Twitter, with the most recent stretching from 2015 into 2021.

“I own the responsibility for why everyone is in this situation: I grew the company size too quickly,” he tweeted. “I apologize for that.”

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by LocalMan2(m): 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
NaijaMutant:
Japheth Omojuwa always uses this blue tick to pepper his foes on Twitter, to the extent that he wrote a book and used his Twitter profile with the blue tick as a cover page grin

Elon musk don humble everybody grin

They can't complain before Elon musk deactivates their account, guess what, twitter made them relevant undecided

Seun Osewa, this is your last opportunity to be verified, rush now before Elon musk change his mind, it's only $8 grin grin grin

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Blaqputin(m): 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2022
abobote:
One good thing about this new Twitter owner, is that Twitter will be more open now, we will know the day to day running of the social media, and some of us will learn a thing or two on the business side
Tell me more
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by HomeTutorsPro: 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

Lol.
The verification badge is suppose to be a sign of prestige and hence will loose it's appeal when it becomes so common or when anyone can easily get it.
The bolded used to be true.
But with the current business model, the badge will become a sign of authenticity of the users.
People use Twitter to do business and customers (both current and prospective) need to know that the account they are following and doing business with belongs to a real and "contactable" person. They need to be almost sure that they can rely on information from that account.
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by makavalley(m): 11:57pm On Nov 05, 2022
Elochukwu! Elozina! Elonnwakabie
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by jubrilELsudan: 12:05am On Nov 06, 2022
I WILL RATHER USE THE MONEY TO FVCK THAN TO PAY FOR THIS VERIFICATION NONESENSE

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by odinga1of: 12:07am On Nov 06, 2022
PStacks:
Twitter should also check IPOB activities on their app.

Twitter should not allow it's platform as an avenue to preach Hate

Twitter should not let a country get burnt down from their platform.

EndSars, a lot more people around Nigeria were seeing real tune what situation was at the Lekki Toll Gate and it was triggering emotions high, Twitter can sensor moments of intense Heat.

I know the Anti-Christ would come thru the internet but Twitter should know we arent yet rife for Amagadon, Apocalypse, Great Tribulation, Depression.

Twitter must self purge

Twitter should have Moderators like Nairaland or better still have Twitter Online Police

Nobody is preaching hate Oga. U think this is Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa matter? Elon Must will burn your useless mustache bear bear
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by NessFortunate: 1:03am On Nov 06, 2022
PlayMaker14:
I love Elon Musk and how he overhauled the useless way some people gets verified before now.

Some proud fools do feel like gods amongst men because of that blue tick especially some of our Nigerian celebrities.

grin

i said similar thing on twitter few days ago. Some celebs parades themselves as demi god, like human with 2 heads just because brands endorsement and media publication aided them verification. If they can't pay let them leave it for some of us that can. *winks
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:05am On Nov 06, 2022
Offpoint1:

You go do verification, passport, selfie, etc
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Kobicove(m): 1:09am On Nov 06, 2022
So what happens if after verification a person misses a monthly subscription in future, will they remove the verification? undecided
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by moshino(m): 1:10am On Nov 06, 2022
christejames:
Elon Musk is indeed a business man grin

Elon Musk is not a businessman, he said so himself.

Go watch it. https://fb.watch/gCJ9a44jJV/
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Relaxnrethink: 1:15am On Nov 06, 2022
Good!

All those APC/PDP urchins ranting trash on twitter will vanish ASAP.

I wish nairaland will follow as well so that the co-urchins here begging 5k from TinuTiku will disappear
Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by Birniwa(m): 1:18am On Nov 06, 2022
This means that I'm getting the f**king blue check like real now. Thanks Elon!

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Rolls Out New $8 Subscriptions Offering Verification by dazzlingd(m): 1:44am On Nov 06, 2022
Mad man Elon musk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Halloween: Mark Zuckerberg & His Family Dressed As A Dragon, Vikings & Sheep / Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of Him Running Around The World Including Lagos. / Instablog9ja Account has been Deleted by Instagram (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.