Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja - Science/Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja (91519 Views)

Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) / Big Hippopotamus Killed In Jebba. / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Tegabadguy(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2022
Burna440:
The Animal cruelty going on in Kogi state is alarming.

Today another Hippopotamus was killed in Lokoja making it the third one for this year alone. I don’t know the reason why an animal on the brink of extinction can’t be protected or left alone in it’s Natural habitat. It was Killed in Ganaja Axis of the River Niger/Benue..

Pls anyone that knows how we can contact the relevant authorities who can arrest and prosecute this poachers should let me know. I’m sad to see this happening in this age. The hippo was too large that it was a crane that was brought to lift it into a truck.
why all this

1 Like

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 10:45am On Nov 09, 2022
Thebigheart:
Oh Africans, who do us this things.
What other Government will conserve for money.

Africans will kill them for food.

Any ways wetin i dey talk self.

Hunger bad.
We 4got quickly Africans where put in cages for amusement. We are Africans we hunt to feed not for pleasure.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2022
Thecoverman:

If you are close to me you would have chop slap, what is this that you are saying, you know the value of the sustenance of life in relationship to animal, do you even know what is call animal welfare
When was the last time you paid % of your wages to any animal conservation society?
Just cos someone sits in his cold region with no Animals who wants to keep your Animals for what he recons is good by his own understanding should force us to abide by his/her own reasoning, This was what Bob Marley was referring to when he said ** remove yourself from mental slavery*
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 10:50am On Nov 09, 2022
Dshocker:

Oga na better bush meat be this, even the relevant authorities you are talking about, if you call them, they will end up coming with their own knives and cutlass to collect their own share.

Op instead of you to come collect your own share, you dey there dey shook mouth for wetin no concern you.
Leave Op make E dey lose gaurd
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2022
Kobicove:
Did they kill it for food or just for the sake of killing it? undecided
Food ofcos surest pomo
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2022
Alanzazani:
For UK here kill rabbit, pigeon or seagull web dey play for your front na £1k o and possible time
In jail
There is no reason to kill one in the UK
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Johnnyplus01k(m): 11:35am On Nov 09, 2022
Partially agreed, but do you know that hippo kills more people than lions in Africa every year. Oga if you know how many peeps dat beast don chop u go shout
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Andres28(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2022
Urheadmaster:

I am not responsible for your misfortune though.

Enjoy your miserable life in the zoo tongue

Na the same zoo we go dey wey dem go carry your dead body come back
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Thecoverman: 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2022
souldeep:
I'll not trade insults with you. Stop seeing yourself as a slave.

In July 2022, snails were seen on the streets of a state in the USA, you know what happened? Those snails were eradicated by use of pesticides, reason is, it poses a treat to vegetation.

Do you know these snails were AFRICAN GIANT SNAILS, so I leave you with your thought, hoping it still reason positively.

You Don't get the topic of the thread, and the comment I made is relations of killing animals that are enlisted, it's wrong irrespective of your region or location, whether you dey Europe or Africa, once an animal is endangered is wrong killing them, and you made mention of giant snail, now you need to answer this question yourself, is giant snail endangered, No I guess, if it is USA can never eradicate or kill them with pesticides, if we are talking about countries after animal welfare, USA is rated at the top, so these are what you should look at and not call one a slave or not, nobody is a slave to anybody. Or why do you think we have forest preservation, just see this thing the way it should be, Nigeria is not just putting pressure, but is very wrong to kill endangered animal it can lead to Extinction

1 Like

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Thecoverman: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2022
erico2k2:

When was the last time you paid % of your wages to any animal conservation society?
Just cos someone sits in his cold region with no Animals who wants to keep your Animals for what he recons is good by his own understanding should force us to abide by his/her own reasoning, This was what Bob Marley was referring to when he said ** remove yourself from mental slavery*

Can you tell me the relationship of mental slavery and Animal conversation, we are telling you that animals are needed in the ecosystem, you said we are going through mental slavery, please reason it yourself na, irrespective of your where you are endangered animals are not meant to be killed, simple, just because is not taken seriously in Nigeria does not mean is the right thing to do, do you Know what happened to killing of endangered animals, it lead to Extinction, get the grip on yourself nobody be slave
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by VOR2019: 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2022
Will you eat out of it? You wey dey very far from Lokoja. The meat wey no dey enough for Lokoja people!
lilvicky68:
Nice one

we need to start having more variety of meats available
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by lilvicky68(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2022
VOR2019:
Will you eat out of it? You wey dey very far from Lokoja. The meat wey no dey enough for Lokoja people!
Waybill no dey?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Thebigheart: 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
[quote author=erico2k2 post=118245148]
We 4got quickly Africans where put in cages for amusement. We are Africans we hunt to feed not for pleasure.[/quote

This one strong ooo
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by LastProphet: 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
Daviddson:
Are you saying there are no hunters in Germany? Go to YouTube and you'll see tonnes of videos of "white" people hunting. But Nairalanders like you would always wanna make it look like it's a Nigerian/African or poverty-induced thing. And who told you the farmers who killed this hypo did it illegally?

And who told you that this was done anyhow?

I said they give licenses before hunting there, if you enter any bush without that license you will see yourself in jail. Inside the license there are details, even for rabbits there are times of the year you cannot get license to hunt. Didn't I say this before?

1 Like

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by kingsceemark(m): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2022
Urheadmaster:
angry

Meanwhile, over here in Germany.

You mistakenly hit or kill any animal, you go to prison for some period of time embarassed

Africa is a zoo tongue.

Shatap there, Nigeria is a zoo, not the rest of Africa
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Daviddson(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
LastProphet:

I said they give licenses before hunting there, if you enter any bush without that license you will see yourself in jail. Inside the license there are details, even for rabbits there are times of the year you cannot get license to hunt. Didn't I say this before?
It's not every state that requires licensing to hunt.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Waterbear(m): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
Daviddson:
Are you saying there are no hunters in Germany? Go to YouTube and you'll see tonnes of videos of "white" people hunting. But Nairalanders like you would always wanna make it look like it's a Nigerian/African or poverty-induced thing. And who told you the farmers who killed this hypo did it illegally?

And who told you that this was done anyhow?
You're too smart to be caught unfresh

1 Like

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by joungblood(m): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2022
Burna440:
The Animal cruelty going on in Kogi state is alarming.

Today another Hippopotamus was killed in Lokoja making it the third one for this year alone. I don’t know the reason why an animal on the brink of extinction can’t be protected or left alone in it’s Natural habitat. It was Killed in Ganaja Axis of the River Niger/Benue..

Pls anyone that knows how we can contact the relevant authorities who can arrest and prosecute this poachers should let me know. I’m sad to see this happening in this age. The hippo was too large that it was a crane that was brought to lift it into a truck.

Lol, we're in a country were people are dying everyday in the thousands from insecurities, starvation, bad roads and all and the government and securities isn't doing anything, shey na for animals they won come dey show concern on?

The humans in those northern areas are also going extinct haha,

This is what people have been reduced to, don't just blame the people, are u telling me a village that's starving to death will give a shit about one animal going extinct and not kill it for food?

Other countries people go hunting for sport,
In nigeria/Africa people go hunting for food, even a dead whale that wash off at the shore in one state, see as crowd gather cutting it for meat, I feel so sorry for them, this is what it has come to.

Living situation in nigeria has been reduced to nothing, so before you talk about animal rights and extinction, make sure the people you're preaching it to are not starving.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by LastProphet: 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2022
Daviddson:
It's not every state that requires licensing to hunt.

Yes the states that don't do not have issues like endangered species, you need to see the exhaustive details on what to hunt and what not to try and how their forest guards enforce these rules you will even forget about the hunting. That's what I'm saying
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by lordally(m): 12:28am On Nov 10, 2022
Karleb:
There's hunger in the land and you want people to free hippo because of humanity?

You guys are funny.

Guy you just won use laugh destroy my life!! grin grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2022
Thecoverman:

Can you tell me the relationship of mental slavery and Animal conversation, we are telling you that animals are needed in the ecosystem, you said we are going through mental slavery, please reason it yourself na, irrespective of your where you are endangered animals are not meant to be killed, simple, just because is not taken seriously in Nigeria does not mean is the right thing to do, do you Know what happened to killing of endangered animals, it lead to Extinction, get the grip on yourself nobody be slave
Animals reproduce, that's life natural order no need interrupting or trying to put science where it isn't needed. The watch word is this. Does the number of Hypo death outnumber the rate at which they reproduce? if not then all is well. Now you are going on about conservation, like I said b4, once upon a time black African kids were put in cages for the amusement of white people and their family. The whole thing about conservation of they huge animals is for man to pay money to view them in their natural habitat or in zoo. Now ask yourself this question and think deeply. How does an elephant and a hypo or lion in a zoo in London or Norway contribute to the ecosystem??
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Burna440(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2022
Midastorch:

Its obvious you lack home training and the whole blame goes to your parent, do you even know Ganaja in Lokoja, the Capital city of Kogi state Ganja is a residential area backed by the river Niger...You are a fool who's trying to form woke on yhe internet....if you see me in real life I know even your father cannot address me...

Nope my father won’t stoop so low to address an id!ot with mouth diarrhea.
For your info I leave in the same Ganaj you d*nkey and whosoever you think u are, it’s for ur pocket dummy.
I won’t even mention your father cos ur mother is still finding it hard to tell u who he is
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Godsownfc(m): 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2022
Meat is ready grin
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by rickleye: 11:14pm On Nov 17, 2022
Godsownfc:

Sorry for quoting you here sir, I'm so ashamed of doing this, please I need your help sir, I'm supposed to resume school since last two weeks but I'm still at home due to lack of fund, the little I saved up during the strike was used to pay for my sibling school fees thinking strike will last till next year, but here I am stranded, I have look for work around to do so as to get my tfare back to school, but to no avail, even the construction sites said they have workers already (I school far from home). Please help me sir, I have been missing a lot, even if I don't have foodstuffs now, I just want to travel back, 6k will get me back to school sir, please help me in anyway sir, I will appreciate. I can send you my school details sir.

Buy why me ?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Godsownfc(m): 11:33pm On Nov 17, 2022
But this is animal cruelty
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2022
How To Get More Instagram Followers

If you are still struggling with increasing your Instagram followers, you are at the right place to boost it to what you want.

Never mind that you have a small circle of friends, people with a high number of friends on I.G don’t know 95% of them.

With few followers, you might not gain attention or popularity on the platform, so, doing what you have to do to get Instagram followers would get you your end product. Your question right now is how to get more followers.

Okay, you are on the right page, I would guide you through different steps on how to get more Instagram followers.

How To Get More Followers on Instagram There are a couple of ways to increase your Instagram followers. The miracle in this post is the ability to make even an introvert boost their followers.

Get Your Friends First You know, the first set of people that finds it easy to follow your post is your close pals. A classmate, colleague, and co-worker.

Even a casual friend has more tendency to follow you on I.G for no reason than unknown people.

The interesting part is that they are the people who would pay attention to your post even if they lack solid content.

However, they need to know you are on Instagram. Sending them your link to follow your page is crucial.

Relevant Post What you put up on your page would determine those who would always come back to view your post.

If you have an audience that has come back from your work, you can be sure that they would follow you. Most people with influence on I.G have relevant and consistent posts. Great content is not enough, you must be consistent in it to keep people.

The moment your consistency is gone, it might be hard to get new Instagram followers. Spending some cash to create some content can be helpful. Nevertheless, some write-ups backed with images are not bad at all.

Buying From Platforms The secret of an Instagram page is the money spent to boost the number of Instagram followers. If you are desperately in need of the numbers, and you don’t want to wait for too long before the number climbs, you can buy.

There are platforms that have an influence on a group of people.

When you pay them, you can get massive attention in the next couple of hours. They have an amount per thousand or hundred, it would be your choice to buy them.

However, you need good content.

In a short while, after they start following you and they have nothing beneficial from your status, they can gradually still unfollow you.

Read more here: https://igbodefence.com/how-to-get-more-instagram-followers/

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Zenret84: 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
Zenret84:
report to nesrea.gov.ng
pls give me more details and if possible pictures, location pls..I an environmentalist that works with NESREA in Kogi pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Drone Spotted At Ojota Bus Stop This Afternoon(Photos) / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? / Hungry Hyena Carrying Severed Head Of Zebra In Its Mouth In South Africa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.