Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja (91394 Views)

Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) / Big Hippopotamus Killed In Jebba. / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2022
godwon01:
Why did they killed the innocent animal . Ignorant and poverty. You can do this in western world. They will be watching you and laugh now.

How? Do you know hippo kills more than 500humans annually? Don't fool yourself. People do hunt in your so called Western world.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2022
Come to think of the fact that I'm yet to physically see one.
Yet, these archaic humans are here making it go extinct.

Wahala...
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by creolehunt: 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
Firstcitizen:

Your German masters pay thousands of Euros to hunt for fun and trophies. At least these people will eat theirs. Drop the slave mentality, oga woke wannabe

No be small "woke wannabe". He can kill and eat a cow, goat, dog, but not a hippo. Why? Because the white men said so
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Mike008(m): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
RIP dear Hippo
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
Who told you op that hippo is on the brink of extinction?? Abeg suffery dey lie

Fyi, hippopotamus is one of the most aggressive animals out there and it kills humans more than lions do. If it's not killed, it will definitely kill humans in that location.
No mind am, too much cartoon dey worry am
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Paretomaster1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
Too many backward people, I even hear they took it to the government house...
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by OceanRed(m): 7:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
jeromestarks:

Read this when you're ready to marry
https://www.nairaland.com/7292532/virgin-man-virgin-woman-same
HOW ARE WE GOING TO FIND VIRGIN FOR MARRIAGE IN THIS AGE?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by pikechukwu6(m): 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2022
shocked I wished am very close to have a test on how the meat taste like
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by planetx: 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
It is the job of the authorities to relocate such animals into national parks if the one's we have in Nigeria like kainji national park,, Yankari game reserve etc are still functioning. The wildlife you see in countries like Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa are all in protected game reserves and national parks not roaming in people's backyard where tourists from worldwide come to look at them.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Grandmeister(m): 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
osazsky:
so cuz they told u not to kill birds and its haram,to u it's normal..all of una nor get sense..na him make them package religion give una and he nor let una live..wat if on the last day those that did not kill wild animal and birds are sent to hell wat if jesus was from Africa but they turned him to white cuz they are whites..spits
You still don’t get it and you may never do. There are ducks for hunting, there are pigeons for hunting. You don’t just shoot down any bird you see because you want to. The kiwi was eradicated by the whites and till today they regret it. The Moa bird a cousin of the ostrich was also eradicated by man. I bet you may not even have heard or know what these birds looked like today.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by porthouse7(f): 7:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
Urheadmaster:
angry

Meanwhile, over here in Germany.

You mistakenly hit or kill any animal, you go to prison for some period of time embarassed

Africa is a zoo tongue.
oyinbo no get sense b4, no Dem dey will belongs to dog
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Grandmeister(m): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
Come to think of the fact that I'm yet to physically see one.
Yet, these archaic humans are here making it go extinct.

Wahala...
When you tell Nigerians that elephants roamed the forests from the east to the west of the country they look at you in amazement. Some don’t even know that some elephants still exist today in Nigeria…because we have all but hunted them all out.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by porthouse7(f): 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
This is how tinubu will drop after next year's election due to hypertension. His defeat will be loud

Cc: pandoraobi wwwihy seunmsg
let see who will drop first btw u and tinubu
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by lexy2014: 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
Burna440:
The Animal cruelty going on in Kogi state is alarming.

Today another Hippopotamus was killed in Lokoja making it the third one for this year alone. I don’t know the reason why an animal on the brink of extinction can’t be protected or left alone in it’s Natural habitat. It was Killed in Ganaja Axis of the River Niger/Benue..

Pls anyone that knows how we can contact the relevant authorities who can arrest and prosecute this poachers should let me know. I’m sad to see this happening in this age. The hippo was too large that it was a crane that was brought to lift it into a truck.

After killing it, what next?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by seniorgozman(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Fyi, hippopotamus is one of the most aggressive animals out there and it kills humans more than lions do. If it's not killed, it will definitely kill humans in that location.
You just said what is in my mind
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Grandmeister(m): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
creolehunt:

No be small "woke wannabe". He can kill and eat a cow, goat, dog, but not a hippo. Why? Because the white men said so
Because hippos are not bred in commercial numbers for fvck sake! I keep questioning the education you guys receive in Nigeria. No critical thinking at all…hippos have a longer gestation period too so even trying to rear them in commercial numbers isn’t ideal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by rottennaija(m): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
Urheadmaster:
angry

You mistakenly hit or kill any animal, you go to prison for some period of time embarassed

Africa is a zoo tongue.

And ones you eat in soup and rice? Isn't thay animal cruelty?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by gbagyiza: 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
Urheadmaster:
angry

Africa is a zoo tongue.

Hunger dey Africa. Most of the attacks on animals are for food. If the economy of the country was good enough for everybody to live n feed well, attacks on animals will drastically stop or reduce.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
00FFT00:

Na before my reincarnation. Property section. Na all of us been treat the scammers fkup that time. Was a lot of fun back in the day.
ok now you mention Property section, make sense, are you no longer there?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by JayPeeOham: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
jeromestarks:
No matter the pains this hippopotamus went through before it died, it is nothing compared to the pains you will go through if you didn't marry a virgin woman.

If you want to enjoy your marriage, fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin woman.

Keep deceiving yourself, so you think you can Bleep other people's wives and your own wife remains a virgin? It's never possible..

If you think I am lying ask Karma! What goes around comes around including dicks and pussies!!
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by erico2k2(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
gbagyiza:

Hunger dey Africa. Most of the attacks on animals are for food. If the economy of the country was good enough for everybody to live n feed well, attacks on animals will drastically stop or reduce.
If economy good who go eat this pomo
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by creolehunt: 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
Grandmeister:

Because hippos are not bred in commercial numbers for fvck sake! I keep questioning the education you guys receive in Nigeria. No critical thinking at all…hippos have a longer gestation period too so even trying to rear them in commercial numbers isn’t ideal.

I see you Einstein. Kindly explain why people get permits to hunt these same animals that aren't reared in commercial numbers even in your model West.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
Burna440:
The Animal cruelty going on in Kogi state is alarming.

Today another Hippopotamus was killed in Lokoja making it the third one for this year alone. I don’t know the reason why an animal on the brink of extinction can’t be protected or left alone in it’s Natural habitat. It was Killed in Ganaja Axis of the River Niger/Benue..

Pls anyone that knows how we can contact the relevant authorities who can arrest and prosecute this poachers should let me know. I’m sad to see this happening in this age. The hippo was too large that it was a crane that was brought to lift it into a truck.

THAT NIGERIA IS A SUKERWAY....4resl
.don't u people hav zoo in that place? MUST U PEOPLE EAT EVERYTHINGS?(no oofencse) angry
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by modsfucker: 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2022
Urheadmaster:
angry

Africa is a zoo tongue.

Are they all vegetarians over there in Germany?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by ElSudani: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
creolehunt:

Do you raise hippos the same way you raise cows and goats?
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by Grandmeister(m): 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2022
creolehunt:

I see you Einstein. Kindly explain why people get permits to hunt these same animals that aren't reared in commercial numbers even in your model West.
First those permits are granted for animals not in any danger of extinction. And there are seasons for such huntings too.
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by tfelicityk(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2022
People should be careful of eating hippopotamus fried meat at car parks in Lokoja axis...
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by callmevirus(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2022
If you try this here in SA without proper hunting and license na jail for you

If you try ordinary fishing na for court you dey explain to the magistrate whether na tilapia or Titus you kill
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by kunle75(m): 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

It still doesn't remove the animal from been endangered, what's stopping them from contacting the relevant authorities to remove/relocate the animal before it cause any havoc to the people.

If you kill common squirrel here you go hear am.

That happens only in our environment
Re: Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja by CaseSensitive(m): 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2022
For fcukk sake Why??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Drone Spotted At Ojota Bus Stop This Afternoon(Photos) / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? / Hungry Hyena Carrying Severed Head Of Zebra In Its Mouth In South Africa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.