Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? (38136 Views)

How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse / I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Dioceseofoyo: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2022
Dark.

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by nedekid: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2022
Seems they are Muslims.
Cousins marry.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by MelesZanawi: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2022
Your father molested his sister and gave birth to the boy.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Kobojunkie: 11:25am On Nov 08, 2022
Octopusssy:
Comradepreneur, this is a good start. It is better than nothing. You are on the right track. The next step is awareness. Educate your sisters on the necessity of screaming at the top of their lungs any time the pervert tries to touch them. Teach all of them how to fight back when he comes close. Fight, bite, scream, cry, make such a hullabaloo that the pedophile will start avoiding them in order to avoid the drama. Even when he doesn't do anything, they should still scream and cry, and then use that excuse to pounce. Remember you are going for service soon and time is no longer on your side so you need to act NOW!

As for your dad, his actions leave a lot of suspicion. Nuff said
Shout, who go come save them when OP is off to NYSC camp soon? undecided

Na there papa or their uncle? Or even their mama who is more concerned about wetin people go talk? undecided

What happens when the sisters are in the house alone during the day with him? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by princewarri1985: 11:26am On Nov 08, 2022
You did well bro! And right now i just feel like giving your dad a dirty slap, maybe that will put some sense in his head, just imagine someone molesting your daughters and you are living in the same room with him and you keep giving him a path in his back! Are you sure your dad is normal?? Because if na warri here na the full family go gather beat that boy before kicking him out of the house.

2 Likes

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by MelesZanawi: 11:27am On Nov 08, 2022
DWJOBScom:
I read this and i have been worried about the attitude of the elders

I have been praying for your sisters and it is painful.

Your cousin should go for counselling

Make rapist go for counseling. Be like madness dey your blood.

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Baffupdrizz(m): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2022
One of your greatest regrets later in life will be taking your family matters to the public to be deliberated upon by all and sundry.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by saintneo(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2022
Comradepreneur

Reading your dad's shows me Muslims can be forgiving too and it shows his advanced thoughts as well.

In Igbo language: Ife okenye fürü, nwata rigo osisi, agaghi afü ya - meaning, what an elder sees, a young man on a tree top can't see it.

In a way you are right, your dad is right as well but that cousin of yours needs strong discipline. Good step getting the locks repaired. Next you should educate your sisters.

Next if you can ruffle (good reset slap) your cousin from time to time, it will be a good form of disciplinary measures. On another note, be careful about him fighting back, young people of nowadays have sense or conscience. It will not be good to hear your cousin used a knife on you.

4 Likes

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by SamPeeLamen(m): 11:29am On Nov 08, 2022
OP if I were in your shoe, knowing myself really, really, really well, I would have been killed for murder or in jail awaiting trial/sentencing by now. You don't even want to see the rage on my face as I type now.

4 Likes

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Emmanuelellah: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2022
This write up too plenty can't catch up anything here.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Candidlady: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2022
MelesZanawi:
Your father molested his sister and gave birth to the boy.

Hmmmmm

But does his cousin know bout what might have transpired between his mum and the OPs dad?
(Na just assumptions)

Is the OP cousin’s mum aware of what is happening?

So many questions for my head now~could be effect of this shiii iam spliffing~~~

Ijust feel for those girls

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Kobojunkie: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2022
Baffupdrizz:
One of your greatest regrets later in life will be taking your family matters to the public to be deliberated upon by all and sundry.
Sexual assault a family matter? You sound like you are OP's father or uncle or one of dem dem, am I wrong? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by DadaHammed: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2022
Comradepreneur, well done for doing this. It's a big step, everybody eyes is now on that guy. You are not a coward. Stop beating yourself. You are only being courteous and respectful to your Dad.

Now that you have made it clear to your Dad with your authoritative outbursts, it's time to move to the next stage. Set that motherfuccker up. Tell your sisters to scream anytime he enters their room at odd hours. Then you pounce on him viciously and make huge noise that will attract neighbours.

If your Dad insist you make it quiet, then negotiate, for peace to reign and to maintain the family's dignity the boy must go ALL AT COST, in exchange for keeping things on the low, else you'll raise the roof and show them madness and even report to the government.

Get that commitment before you go for your 1 year NYSC service. If you go for service without this, that beast will pounce on your sisters like a hyena. Do this and have peace. That boy must leave, you must see his back out of that house, before you leave for NYSC. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Ate247(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2022
Anything you are doing. Please be safe. Don't let nairalanders push you to your death. From your description of the actions of your cousin. He might be harmful in the future. Engaging you Dad in a conversation is the right step neither text or physical conversation. Don't let people say you don't have balls. Be diplomatic in actions. The future holds alot for you.

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by dawnomike(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2022
Comradepreneur:
Read Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7420371/how-reduce-hatred-cousin-brother

This is a follow up thread concerning the action I took after reading the comments.

I know I've failed as an older brother, to protect my siblings from their cousin. But I want to make amendments.

As such, the first action I took was to send my dad a text message, voicing out my displeasure on how he has been handling the issue regarding the harassment on my siblings.

And below, is his reply to the message, and my subsequent reply to him.

Apparently, the he took in the boy, so as to rehabilitate him. Meaning, the boy may have been previously doing this to his own sisters or may have attempted to do it to his sisters.

Did I also mention that he's a chronic lier? He lies even if caught while doing something he's accused of.

At this point, the only thing I could help my sisters with is to repair their door lock first thing in the morning.

I also woke up my cousin and sternly warning him of staying away from my sisters even in the daytime.

I also, intend to tell my Mallam, our Islamic cleric since my mom respects him a lot. And just maybe, he could talk some sense into her and my dad.

Thank you all for your advice. Your advices, has really helped me in order to become a better person than I was.
In your previous post I was the one that said "you're are the only sane man in the house. But unfortunately, you are weak!"

I am glad you have started speaking out and speaking Up... Trust me, your dad will respect you more for this!!!

I am happy you have resolved tp save your sisters... Please, do not back down

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Trojan8(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2022
I read the two stories, and if I see you suppose break your jaw for being a weak brother. My baby brother would have done the beating on my behalf sef.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2022
What a strange situation. No father on earth would happily expose his daughters to a rapist within his home. NO FATHER. So I can authoritatively tell you that your dad is into occultism' or witchraft'. Something is not right. Your mom and the cousin may also belong to the same shady stuff with your dad. Your dad telling you that he wants to help rehabilitate your cousin is pure LIES, your *dad's hands are not clean.

It is a good thing to fight for your sisters and protect them, but it is totally wrong to be ready to waste your life in prison because of the situation. So why don't you inform the police? Or inform any other government agency who can step in and handle the situation? It's better to inform a government agency rather than get ready to kill your cousin and go to jail embarassed like you kept mentioning.

Your cousin should be sent back to his mom or a relative, or sent far away to go learn a trade. Nothing on earth can make him change, he is a rapist*. It is pure madnesss and stupidityy to keep teenage girls with a rapists* I do not even think male children can be safe with your cousin, because when rapists can't find a female to abuse*, they do go after their male gender.

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by fluffybaby(f): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2022
Your mother is an idiot. I am sorry to say. Worse idiot than your dad.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Brushstrokes20: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2022
Good start!...thumbs up cool
Monitor the pedophile henceforth.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Shadysen: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2022
kolomental family.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Baffupdrizz(m): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Sexual assault a family matter? You sound like you are OP's father or uncle or one of dem dem, am I wrong? undecided

You are not only wrong but stupidly judgemental. Learn to have conversations with people without jumping into unnecessary conclusions. This matter, though a matter of law, is a family matter until brought before a court of competent jurisdiction. What does the OP intend to achieve by posting a screenshot of his Father's SMS for the whole world to read? Is this forum his village council?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Seun4blue(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2022
Let me assume Abdul is your dad's hidden son!.... Tell your dad to choose either forgetting about you or putting him in a military school for proper rehab

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by entrep88: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2022
OP, your dad is only playing family politics with a very important moral issue. I understand him that as a father, you don't cut off an head because of headache but this issue needs a very decisive action. That guy has to leave the house, I don't know about Islam, but Christianity teach us to love our neighbors as ourselves not more than. However, this case your dad is loving his neighbor more than himself. Insist that Paedophile leave the house because he is a very big treat. Who keep fried fish near a cat?

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Jii95: 11:38am On Nov 08, 2022
Maybe there is an arrangement you are not aware of. Just that the said abuser is taking things the wrong way.
Secondly, I'm not surprised and don't think it's abominable because Muslims marry their cousins and relatives whereas, other religions forbid it.
Lastly, I will advise you to sit your father down and discuss if there is any hidden arrangement you're not aware of. You can also go ahead and warn your cousin to stay off your sister. After the warning, know that your life is under threat as that your cousin can do anything to stop you for obstruction.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by stanisbaratheon: 11:39am On Nov 08, 2022
What is the worst that can happen if you confront your father face to face, man to man?

With this attitude of yours cowering behind your keypad texting your father, he will never give you the full respect you deserve. You should make your father realize that you are not as weak as he is by taking things by the scruff of the neck and talk to him face to face. If you are not the confrontational type he will take you serious seeing how bold you confront him.

Also, your father is being insensitive to the plight of his own child by insisting on giving a potential rapist another chance in a house with teenage girls.

I tell you this for free, if any of your sisters become a victim of your cousin, she would find it difficult to forgive any of you in that house in the future when she matures. because nobody seems to be man enough to protect them.

You know your sisters are still little, right? and they need all the protection they can get.

As a last resort, I would suggest you report the case to someone in the ministry of women affairs or women rights defenders since you are out of your depth in handling it decisively with your father being insensitive.
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Kobojunkie: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2022
saintneo:
1. In a way you are right, your dad is right as well but that cousin of yours needs strong discipline. Good step getting the locks repaired.

2. Next you should educate your sisters.

3. Next if you can ruffle (good reset slap) your cousin from time to time, it will be a good form of disciplinary measures. On another note, be careful about him fighting back, young people of nowadays have sense or conscience. It will not be good to hear your cousin used a knife on you.
1. How can the dad be right when he took the boy in to supposedly rehabilitate him at 14, an age when a kid could still b reformed, only to do nothing in all that time? He brought a predator into his own home, and let it loose on his daughter's without care. That is the height of foolishness undecided

2. Educate his sisters to shout for help? And for whom? The same father who did nothing the many other times news of the boys escapades had gotten back to him, assuming he himself has never in fact walked into the boy similar way OP said he did. undecided

3. A slap? Why not do what is right which is called the authorities to deal with the matter at this point since his family has not been able to rehabilitate the goon so far? Na when story return say the boy rape another gal in the neighborhood instead dem go call police or what? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by LILTJAY: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2022
Abdul people and small children toto self undecided
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Pheelzy(m): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2022
Comradepreneur:
The rest of my reply to him below

BE LIKE SAY AIRTIME DEY SHARK YOU O smiley

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Kobojunkie: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2022
Baffupdrizz:
You are not only wrong but stupidly judgemental. Learn to have conversations with people without jumping into unnecessary conclusions. This matter, though a matter of law, is a family matter until brought before a court of competent jurisdiction. What does the OP intend to achieve by posting a screenshot of his Father's SMS for the whole world to read? Is this forum his village council?
Again.....Sexual assault, a criminal offense, is a family matter? You sound like you are OP's father or uncle or one of dem dem, am I wrong? undecided

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by ngadaAwo: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2022
Ireportlive:
Your father would end up spoilingvthe boys life out of sympathy and ego... He is a criminal and must be treated as one, forget blood is thicker than water nonsense
shatap stop talking nonsense
trash

1 Like

Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by Farid24224(m): 11:43am On Nov 08, 2022
Candidlady:
No vex

Your dad ma is a suspect
Bai kamata ka amince da mahaifinka ba

what nonsense is this. You are a weak being.

Ku daiku sani yan uwa baku dalafiya

those girls will grow up to become something else if you guys don't act fast.. trust me iknow what Iam saying

What do you mean by they will grow up to become something else?
Re: Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? by deebrownneymar: 11:43am On Nov 08, 2022
Comradepreneur:
Read Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7420371/how-reduce-hatred-cousin-brother

This is a follow up thread concerning the action I took after reading the comments.

I know I've failed as an older brother, to protect my siblings from their cousin. But I want to make amendments.

As such, the first action I took was to send my dad a text message, voicing out my displeasure on how he has been handling the issue regarding the harassment on my siblings.

And below, is his reply to the message, and my subsequent reply to him.

Apparently, the he took in the boy, so as to rehabilitate him. Meaning, the boy may have been previously doing this to his own sisters or may have attempted to do it to his sisters.

Did I also mention that he's a chronic lier? He lies even if caught while doing something he's accused of.

At this point, the only thing I could help my sisters with is to repair their door lock first thing in the morning.

I also woke up my cousin and sternly warning him of staying away from my sisters even in the daytime.

I also, intend to tell my Mallam, our Islamic cleric since my mom respects him a lot. And just maybe, he could talk some sense into her and my dad.

Thank you all for your advice. Your advices, has really helped me in order to become a better person than I was.

I support you. Some parents can be funny. Try not to kill him but Bleep him up real quick at the slightest opportunity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator / Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.