Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,324 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms (28755 Views)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / Man Discovers His 4 Children Aren't His Via Compulsory DNA Test At US Embassy / Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Enacto(f): 12:07am On Nov 13, 2022
My mum is not in support of anything she was even mad at me when she heard I push him.........my behavior that day was as a result of a bottle up anger which has been like that for months
balarabe01:
Apologise to your father and make peace, hussle and fend for yourself in addition to any support home gives,so that you can help yourself and support home your mother and father later, Your mother is the cause of your woes and your father could not forgive her.ask your mother.
Karma is real.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Enacto(f): 12:09am On Nov 13, 2022
Thank you very much for your kind gesture, I have managed to pay for my tuition fee and still struggling to raise fee for my clearance in school
kunle75:

Forgive him and move on with your life.

I salute your bravery too,some girls would have gone otherwise to get the same money but stay focused and see what God will do.

As for your tuition I do hope its sorted and if not you can dm me and let's see how that can be sorted.

Shalom
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Enacto(f): 12:12am On Nov 13, 2022
I think mine is the other way round there is no love at home, Even while in secondary school I tried going to a boarding school in other to leave home but I couldn't.
Techm8:
You are lucky to still have a dad. Life is short. Time flies by fast and before you know it your dad will be no more. Go make amends. Home is where love is.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Enacto(f): 12:31am On Nov 13, 2022
Because I added not caring for my mom doesn't mean I'm emphasising on it. Even b4 the incident my mom has been the one feeding herself and I never feel concern cos I don't want to interfere but to the extent of him now ignoring both myself and my niece was what got me angry. Till today I'm not even concern about money or feeding I'm old enough to take care of myself now even if it is hard I will go through it, it been 2years already and I have apologized to him if it because of the money I didn't collect from him I just want him to see that there is nowhere I can get the money if it not in full and without it I won't be able to graduate. Infact I have always wanted to earn on my own but from the start he will never allow me hustle just like my brother's because I'm his only female child and also his last child.
Awesome01:

Eyaaaah, @OP Sorry o. You don't need to transfer the aggression to me o. But, but, Maybe you should check the last paragraph of your write-up.

Anyway, @Enacto. Follow the advices you've been given on the thread. Try and make peace with your Dad, even if your Mum had to plead with him on your behalf. Do this because of your piece of mind and not really his.

Moreover, pray for God's help and hustle. My parents abandoned me to fend for myself at 11. I trained myself up to where I am now (Not easy at all). But I'm contributing over 60% to their upkeep now.

Life is neither easy nor fair. Wish you the best of luck

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by manmade(m): 12:53am On Nov 13, 2022
Enacto:
I'm my dad's responsibility not my brother
ok oo, bitter truth is that once you're above 18 years which I'm sure you are far above ,no one is responsible for your up keep ,your brother knew this and that is why he is getting your dad's respect, adulthood is not by age my sister.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Awesome01(m): 1:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Enacto:
Because I added not caring for my mom doesn't mean I'm emphasising on it. Even b4 the incident my mom has been the one feeding herself and I never feel concern cos I don't want to interfere but to the extent of him now ignoring both myself and my niece was what got me angry. Till today I'm not even concern about money or feeding I'm old enough to take care of myself now even if it is hard I will go through it, it been 2years already and I have apologized to him if it because of the money I didn't collect from him I just want him to see that there is nowhere I can get the money if it not in full and without it I won't be able to graduate. Infact I have always wanted to earn on my own but from the start he will never allow me hustle just like my brother's because I'm his only female child and also his last child.

Let's leave your Mum's issue out of it for now.
Babe, this man is your dad and he is not a Saint just like you are not a Saint too in this matter.
But this is Africa, fathers don't apologise to their children even when they know they are wrong. It is our culture. It's an Ego thingy. (It is you the child that will polish that his ego back, by saying you are sorry).

When you pushed him, he sees it as a disrespect to his position as head of the family. You then made it worse by moving out the very next day and stayed away for long. To him, you are proving that you can fend for yourself and needs nothing from him. So he allowed you to have your freedom.

Only for you to come back begging for money again, he may just be trying to see how much your arrogant attitude has brought you, so he gave you 50k to test you, but you failed immediately by dropping the money asking where he expects you to get the rest. You should have taking that with thanks first and then beg him for more.

You continued bruising his ego everytime. Just like you pushed him as a result of pent up anger, remember that he's human like you who also has his own pent up anger. So, shutting you out may be his own way of reacting.

I will advice you again. Go and beg him. Make peace with him ( but there's a catch). Don't t ask him for money that day o. Give him some days to process you apology or else, he will see through you and conclude that you only came because of money.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by kunle75(m): 4:20am On Nov 13, 2022
Enacto:
Thank you very much for your kind gesture, I have managed to pay for my tuition fee and still struggling to raise fee for my clearance in school

Dm me,let's see how that can be sorted too.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Sleyanya1(m): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2022
Enacto:
Thank you for this, deep down I know my father loves me and I love him too. The problem I am just having with him is he gets angry easily and wouldn't even bother to listen to you ,he doesn't mind burning the whole house down.

Yes, I understand to an extent via experience.

Distance and most importantly your genuine success will change all that. Don't also forget the most important, prayers.

The distance will make you both have zero or little time for bants or arguments when you're in same space.

Your success will give him this "proud-father" feeling and if you show him genuine care, he'd definitely bless you.

In hope you all get the peace and harmony you desire. Get as many blessings from your parents as you can while they're alive. It's important.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Originalsly: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2022
Enacto:

Entitled! I don't remember it wrong for me to be entitled to my father's money or anything wrong for him to pay my school fee? If I had asked a my boyfriend of done something illegal same nairalanders with still have questions to ask me. And for d water in the fridge , have u been accused of doing something u didn't do and getting punished?

It is wrong for you to be entitled to your father's money. Do you remember anyone telling you it was right? What makes you think it is right? ... and up to what age you are entitled to this right? You are already a full fledged adult ... should be standing on your own two feet ... not dependent on your parents for anything.... but here you are ... 24 years old ... broke and angrily refusing help from your parents because it is not enough. If not your father.... alternatives... another man as in your boyfriend ... or doing something illegal. It is not in you to do for yourself .... it is the duty for someone else to provide for you ... you are entitled to reap ... not to sow.
Life is out there waiting to slap your kind in the face and kick you down the ladder where you can choose to remain or get up back on your own strength.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by kunle75(m): 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2022
Enacto:

I have reached out to you.
I need some info from you please.

Thanks
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ephemmm: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Enacto:
Entitlement kwa! If I'm not feeling entitled to my parents money my school fee who else's money should I feel entitled to?

I agree with you. But some parents are not performing their duties like her father, and heaven has not fallen. A man who has been performing his responsibilities cannot just stop without a cause as indicated in her write up.

She rejected 50k, but thankfully she has now realized how difficult it is to get 1k per day.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by soleexx(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2023
bumy27:
Almost in same shoe just that my story is a bit different. I just consider myself as an orphan since the death of my mum since 2015

Sorry abt dat
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by teblu(m): 6:18am On Feb 14, 2023
Anonymoususher:

Irrespective why did she leave the house for one year?

She came back to demand for money, they gave her part and she rejected it.

What other clue do you need to accept that the babe is a spoilt and rude brat
Yeah, it's a good question. Why did she leave the house for a year...ask yourself again.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Enacto(f): 2:26am On Mar 28, 2023
I left for school,I was in 400lvl and my school is Faraway.

Moreover, all through my University days, I don't come home often I usually stay back or go to my cousin's place.
teblu:

Yeah, it's a good question. Why did she leave the house for a year...ask yourself again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wife Always Accuse Him Of Not Being Romantic After Watching Telemundo Channel.! / Reasons Why Your Husband Will Be Snatched By A Mistress- Dokun Olumofin / "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.