Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,226 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms (28722 Views)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / Man Discovers His 4 Children Aren't His Via Compulsory DNA Test At US Embassy / Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Emily22(m): 9:57am On Nov 10, 2022
If we look at the op, you won't see a sign of suffering on her, that is to show you the man has been taking care of you since you were born till 24, f*ckin 24 and you never hustled for once.

1k hustling per day, you will understand the value of money.

To those saying African men, imagine a daughter posting her father's life online for condemnation.

About his concubine, it's non of your business, it's between him and your mother.

Lastly, girls like this are wastage of money in this modern world. Pour millions on their education and welfarism, they will get married one day and still hold st*pid grudges against their father.

Better kneel down in front of your father and apologize deeply from your heart.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by MufasaLion: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2022
Most African parents are bad at parenting!

Some kids are lucky, while some are not.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Okhuadams(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
Good evening, this is my first time posting here and it because I'm kinda troubled pls I will need you guys to help me on this issue.

Since 2020 I have not been in good terms with my dad, and it all started with a little fight about drinking of the water in the fridge and my dad decided to lock the sitting room where the fridge was kept restricting my mom and myself to the room alone as at this time I was in 400lvl and 24years.

My dad doesn't drop money and home so I had to look for means to feed myself which was really new to me cos he has been the one sending money to me in school even thou he doesn't drop at home.

After then we kept having issues about him not giving me a private room in the house even up till now, then on a day like that an issue happened after I beating my 3years old niece he was so angry that he hits me severally at a conered spot that he almost hit my eyes I had to push him on the bed and ran out of the house, then the second day I packed my stuff's and left for school throughout 2021 I didn't come home till December and he didn't bother calling or sent me money not my school fee and project fee I did everything on my own.

I came home late last year and apologized and later I asked him for my school fee which I had not paid as at that time, he kept giving me excuses which I Know he has and left after much talk he gave me #50,000 out of like #150,000 but sincerely I didn't collect it cos I don't know where to get the remains then I got a job and saved up and paid.

Presently I'm very mad at him because he never cared about me or my mum, all he does with his money is to give it to his concubines. It really painful that I had to work for 7-9hours everyday while standing for 1k per day and my dad is out there spending his money for one LovePeddler.

Do u think he deserves my forgiveness??
Find out if he is your dad.if he is don't take after him double ur hustle. Not yahoo or robbery but legit and make a point
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by jessylaurel(f): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
Good evening, this is my first time posting here and it because I'm kinda troubled pls I will need you guys to help me on this issue.

Since 2020 I have not been in good terms with my dad, and it all started with a little fight about drinking of the water in the fridge and my dad decided to lock the sitting room where the fridge was kept restricting my mom and myself to the room alone as at this time I was in 400lvl and 24years.

My dad doesn't drop money and home so I had to look for means to feed myself which was really new to me cos he has been the one sending money to me in school even thou he doesn't drop at home.

After then we kept having issues about him not giving me a private room in the house even up till now, then on a day like that an issue happened after I beating my 3years old niece he was so angry that he hits me severally at a conered spot that he almost hit my eyes I had to push him on the bed and ran out of the house, then the second day I packed my stuff's and left for school throughout 2021 I didn't come home till December and he didn't bother calling or sent me money not my school fee and project fee I did everything on my own.

I came home late last year and apologized and later I asked him for my school fee which I had not paid as at that time, he kept giving me excuses which I Know he has and left after much talk he gave me #50,000 out of like #150,000 but sincerely I didn't collect it cos I don't know where to get the remains then I got a job and saved up and paid.

Presently I'm very mad at him because he never cared about me or my mum, all he does with his money is to give it to his concubines. It really painful that I had to work for 7-9hours everyday while standing for 1k per day and my dad is out there spending his money for one LovePeddler.

Too bad. He neglects his family for his concubine. You will be fine.

Moral lessons: when you get married focuse on your family and leave sidechick outta your life in order not to repeat what your dad did to you.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Kingpoint(m): 10:00am On Nov 10, 2022
Swallow ur ego. Nobody wins when the family fade

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Emily22(m): 10:00am On Nov 10, 2022
siofra:
That's what wicked Nigerian men do to their daughters.

Best thing to do is to become financially independent and leave that house because clearly you're not welcome there anymore.

See this idiot

Someone came online to tell you her side of the story and this is the best you can say.

5 Likes

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by johncallidon(m): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2022
angry
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Fadafada231(m): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
[[color=#000099][/color]quote author=Pierocash post=118254882]Without digging too far,I discovered you are the kind of girl that disrespects your dad,and fight proxy wars for your mother

You have to humble yourself,and go apologize genuinely. Why will you reject the money in the first place? That is rude
I rejected the money not because of anything but my dad is the kinda person that talks alot he might probably tells everyone how he paid my final years school fee all by himself which I don't like and where did he expect me to get the rest with the fact that I did my project myself and he knew I don't have any souce of income as at that time. I'm not fighting for my mum as at the time the fight happened I was frustrated and his refusal to give me a room to myself whereby we have an almost empty room at home,I stay in the same room with my dad and mum, whenever I want to change I will have to go to the bathroom to change and the bathroom is in the midst
of the tenants rooms.

You sure that man is ur biological dad? His act is unbecoming of Africa father to their children
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Allisgud: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2022
50k wey u for collect give ur mom since u don't need it or u have other means of getting it

2 Likes

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by oliverwrites: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2022
If your dad is not paying your fee why is your mom not paying it?

Women are often quick to take accolades but many atimes the man does all the fending for the family. An example is here.

I do not support your dad, I hate dead beat fathers but marriage has thought me to balance everything.

Once again why is your mom not fending for you if your dad is not?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by salem1996: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2022
Pierocash:
Without digging too far,I discovered you are the kind of girl that disrespects your dad,and fight proxy wars for your mother

You have to humble yourself,and go apologize genuinely. Why will you reject the money in the first place? That is rude

Man, you won't say stuff like fighting for her mum. Do you know what it means to live with your mum and have your dad looking elsewhere? At times he robbed it on your faces, he tells you he doesn't have, you struggle to feed, yet he makes calls all through and causes pains for your mum. She already ask for forgiveness, but it seems he hasn't forgiven else why the half money? Understood that's all he has perhaps, but he could tell her to get this and let her know he will work hard to compete the rest. I also didn't buy the idea of her not collecting the money, she should have collected it even though, there are ways you give someone something that the person only collect because he has no choice.
Some of you had parents that never cheat, or at least values family so you won't understand her pains.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by faoogoke(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

Bro honour your father that your days may be long.
Honoring your father means you take whatever he throws at you no matter what. He should continue to earn your respect notwithstanding what he did or didn't do. Remember you are going to be a father too. If you cannot endure please leave the house for him.
You can never be justified before God for whatever action you take against your father. Let God be the judge.
His actions against you will prepare you to be a responsible father and push you to the place of glory God has for you.
He brought you to this world. You have nothing to forgive him for. Move ahead with your life and trust Almighty father to help you. God bless you
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by 2Radii: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

Hmmm

That is Ur side of the story tho,

If only we can hear his side of the story.

U that can beat Ur 3yr old niece abi na sibling, hmmmm
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ken4ward: 10:06am On Nov 10, 2022
Oga thank God for your dad who supported you financially till your 24, some never had such privilege and they didn’t take out on their parents. I became independence at 19 with no financial support from both parents ever since. God is faithful, and I’m successful to a standard today. When you become a parent also, then you’ll understand better what parenthood means.
Until you realize that no one owes you a dime, not even your parents to achieve your goals in life, so all he’s done for you is a privilege not a right you can demand from him.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Weirdcamila: 10:06am On Nov 10, 2022
Your dad showed you how to be a man.
There’s dignity in making your own money.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by oliverwrites: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2022
salem1996:

Man, you won't say stuff like fighting for her mum. Do you know what it means to live with your mum and have your dad looking elsewhere? At times he robbed it on your faces, he tells you he doesn't have, you struggle to feed, yet he makes calls all through and causes pains for your mum. She already ask for forgiveness, but it seems he hasn't forgiven else why the half money? Understood that's all he has perhaps, but he could tell her to get this and let her know he will work hard to compete the rest. I also didn't buy the idea of her not collecting the money, she should have collected it even though, there are ways you give someone something that the person only collect because he has no choice.
Some of you had parents that never cheat, or at least values family so you won't understand her pains.
Was the man always looking outside or something led to it. I am married and know noy to judge a man when it come to Nigeria women.

If it is understandable if the man was always a cheat but if he started it along the line, sometime might have led to it. I am pretty sure 65% of Nigeria women are still married today because of religion ( especially Christianity ).

3 Likes

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Tegabadguy(m): 10:08am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

not at all...............
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 10, 2022
Forgive, but move on with your life, at 24 you dont need his guidiance.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by salem1996: 10:08am On Nov 10, 2022
Helpout12345:
What is this world turning into?

So you disrespect your father and come online to come and ask us if you should forgive him?

Go and apologize to your father. Stop disrespecting him for whatever reason. And stop fighting your father because of your mother.

If you present yourself as a humble, respectful daughter to him, you can go close to him and table what you think he should do better about the family. But you are going about it the wrong way.

I laught at some of your comments, saying things you can't even do yourselves.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

angry
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by yahoodetector: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2022
Candidlady:
angry

Busted!!

You are the author of this post!

Check the time frame in which the post was created and then when you switched to your main moniker to react with an emoji.

So your father is the reason for all this hatred on menfolk...no wonder!

You beat your niece in the name of correction and when he beats you, you pushed him to the bed?

Go and learn to respect your father and stop the male-bashing.

Pele
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

are u lightskin? angry
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by mrblessed(m): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2022
You want to retract the forgiveness already rendered? He wasn't like this before, what happened? Why did he become a changed person?

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by abuhusna1: 10:11am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

In a western world if your father report you to police for beating a minor you will be in jail so why you angry your dad corrected you fit beating a minor
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Terror48: 10:12am On Nov 10, 2022
Romanoff:
At least you have an example of the kind of man you shouldn't be, thanks to your dad.
Not reading might kill you one day.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Divay22(f): 10:13am On Nov 10, 2022
JealousCobra:
:-
Op, @ 24 you are still at your parents house dictating for them, I left my parents when I was 14 yrs.... if I were your father na to disown you be the koko.

You are among the lazy youths buhari is taking about.
She's a girl Oga undecided

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Aguiyimba(m): 10:13am On Nov 10, 2022
I won't comment until your dad post his side of the story.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by tiswell(m): 10:14am On Nov 10, 2022
Some female children are use.less,even god God regrets creating them.

Ever wondered why there are no women in heaven nor among the angels?

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Pimine: 10:14am On Nov 10, 2022
Socratiz:
You need to forgive your dad, not for his own sake but for your own sake.

You should not be carrying a load of bitterness against your dad as this may seep into your marriage.

You have reached the age to eliminate a sense of entitlement, and manage your expectations it only from your dad, but lao from everyone.

If your anger and frustration at your dad would change him, I would have advised you to nurture it, but you know that not possible.

I advise you face your life. Thank God you have completed schooling. Plan to leave the house as soon as you get a job. Then you can have a whole apartment to yourself rather than changing your dresses in the bathroom.

You can also take your mum along if that would be possible.

It is not healthy for your mental health to hold any form of grudges.

By the way, do you have other siblings? How does your dad relate with them?
Yeah, right. Take her mum. I hope she (the daughter) will also refund the bride price her father paid for her mother since her mother is now her (the daughter's) wife. Finished an almost useless advice with a load of rubbish mstcheeew undecided

What's she forgiving him for exactly?
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Sasi54: 10:16am On Nov 10, 2022
U should thank your stars that you even know who your dad is.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by tiswell(m): 10:17am On Nov 10, 2022
yahoodetector:

Busted!!

You are the author of this post!

Check the time frame in which the post was created and then when you switched to your main moniker to react with an emoji.

So your father is the reason for all this hatred on menfolk...no wonder!

You beat your niece in the name of correction and when he beats you, you pushed him to the bed?

Go and learn to respect your father and stop the male-bashing.

Pele

thank you comrade for this timely observation.

I really noticed the girl has psychological baggage,her attitude online is in reverse to sanity.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by FireUpNow(m): 10:17am On Nov 10, 2022
OP forgive your father, yourself and forget what happened. No matter what, your dad remains your father. Do you want to go and beg your dad when you take your suito home or when he is dead? You can survive. The little child you beat is not right please. I am glad you are a lady so one day you will have kids of your own and know that kids have their ways of doing things that we adults considered to be annoying so it's not everytime you beat them. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Italian Man Walks The Equivalent Of Abuja To Kano Distance To Get Away From Wife / Woman Unknowingly Married Her Father / Wife Always Accuse Him Of Not Being Romantic After Watching Telemundo Channel.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.