Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms (28757 Views)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / Man Discovers His 4 Children Aren't His Via Compulsory DNA Test At US Embassy / Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Originalsly: 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2022
It all started with a little fight about drinking water out of the fridge.

Are we to believe you drank water from the fridge and your father decided to lock the parlor? ... just like that? ...he said nothing about It before?... no warning ... no instructions ... nothing? We would like to know ... since this is the root of the problem ... according to you.
Why would you even fight your father over anything? ... is it because your no nonsense brother disrespects him you feel you are also entitled to do same? ... to the extent you can fight him? Do you realize your brother is independent? ... and is a man... like your father? Since you want to behave like a man .... at the age when you should be in courtship ... which man would want to be with a woman with a no nonsense man attitude? .... and a woman who fights her father?
Your father gave you N50K .... you refuse it because it is not enough.... you are entitled to N150K .... you will accept no less. In fact that N50K was like an insult. In the end ... you're asking if you should forgive your father. Really? I don't blame you... I blame your parents for allowing you to grow and mature in your entitlement mentality. The last opportunity your father had to reset you was with the fight over water.... he should've really rolled up his sleeves and beaten the shit out of you ... instead here you are ... still full of it and be up in here in NL dropping it in our face.
You are 24 years old ... go look at yourself in the mirror and you will see a whole lot is wrong with you. It is never too late to start working on yourself ... unless you believe you are flawless.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by dododawa1: 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
Problem no dey finish
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by fof1: 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
Good evening, this is my first time posting here and it because I'm kinda troubled pls I will need you guys to help me on this issue.

Since 2020 I have not been in good terms with my dad, and it all started with a little fight about drinking of the water in the fridge and my dad decided to lock the sitting room where the fridge was kept restricting my mom and myself to the room alone as at this time I was in 400lvl and 24years.

My dad doesn't drop money and home so I had to look for means to feed myself which was really new to me cos he has been the one sending money to me in school even thou he doesn't drop at home.

After then we kept having issues about him not giving me a private room in the house even up till now, then on a day like that an issue happened after I beating my 3years old niece he was so angry that he hits me severally at a conered spot that he almost hit my eyes I had to push him on the bed and ran out of the house, then the second day I packed my stuff's and left for school throughout 2021 I didn't come home till December and he didn't bother calling or sent me money not my school fee and project fee I did everything on my own.

I came home late last year and apologized and later I asked him for my school fee which I had not paid as at that time, he kept giving me excuses which I Know he has and left after much talk he gave me #50,000 out of like #150,000 but sincerely I didn't collect it cos I don't know where to get the remains then I got a job and saved up and paid.

Presently I'm very mad at him because he never cared about me or my mum, all he does with his money is to give it to his concubines. It really painful that I had to work for 7-9hours everyday while standing for 1k per day and my dad is out there spending his money for one LovePeddler.
Do u think he deserves my forgiveness??

He is ur Dad...Don't Begrudge him for Eternity, Pls. Forgive him but dont Forget it Yet...until the Issues are Resolved. Find a Suitable and Serene time and Engage with ur Father,Pls. Out of 400 Levels...He has done well to Put u through. Notwithstanding, He Should Finish his Work. He Must not Abandon ur Mother no matter the issues involved, Pls. Try ur Best and UNITE THE FAMILY.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Sleyanya1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
[[color=#000099][/color]quote author=Pierocash post=118254882]
I rejected the money not because of anything but my dad is the kinda person that talks alot he might probably tells everyone how he paid my final years school fee all by himself which I don't like and where did he expect me to get the rest with the fact that I did my project myself and he knew I don't have any souce of income as at that time. I'm not fighting for my mum as at the time the fight happened I was frustrated and his refusal to give me a room to myself whereby we have an almost empty room at home,I stay in the same room with my dad and mum, whenever I want to change I will have to go to the bathroom to change and the bathroom is in the midst
of the tenant's rooms.

My dear, not everyone will understand your story or frustrations. We are mostly quick to judge. The truth is you don't need everyone's opinion.

Facts: Your dad cares less about you. May not be because he hates you but because of his mentality and past experiences (psychology).

The only escape here is for you to find a way to spend less time at home (good you're working) to dodge the space and interferences.

Desire to have money, but much more desire wisdom. Renew your respect for him and tender a genuine apology from your heart. After that, focus more on yourself and peace.

So many things to say, but I believe these would help.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Romanoff(f): 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
AfonjaConehead:

Shut up and always read and check....were you looking for pictures.

As na you dey buy me data.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Abdulramana3(m): 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
From your story ur Dad has been the one taking care of you till u reach ur 400l and now what happens u better go and kneel down to him beg him to forgive you.
He is still ur Dad
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Romanoff(f): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
nkpommpko:
always in an attack mode.

Always prepared to dish out gbos for every gbas.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by AfonjaConehead: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
Romanoff:

As na you dey buy me data.
Ok madam, sorry..you know say you popular for here nah,why you come dey act like that grin
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Lucrativress(f): 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
Pierocash:
Without digging too far,I discovered you are the kind of girl that disrespects your dad,and fight proxy wars for your mother

You have to humble yourself,and go apologize genuinely. Why will you reject the money in the first place? That is rude
Nawa for you
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Lucrativress(f): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
Zonefree:
After beating your "3-year-old" niece, your dad tried to correct you by using same stick you used on the little girl, you pushed him thereby brushing his ego.

A girl under the tutelage of her parents pushing her father and still got the nerves to ask if she should forgive the innocent man undecided

I'm even sure you fought him that day and you expect him to continue training you undecided. He's even benevolent to give you 50K for your school fees. You should be grateful
It remains for you to open your own Court abi
Mr Judge...
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by penocrat1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
Psychology 101
Has your father always been like this?
Have you sat your father to discuss this issues with him and how things can get getter?
Is there something you are doing that your father does not like?
Is there something that your mother is doing that your father does not like?
Have you called your mother aside and asked her what she thinks is the course of this recent development?
You are 24 years old, If home is not conducive, leave home but maintain constant communication.
You rejected your father's 50k, how do you want him to feel low key. Be grateful for every little gesture. What if he was testing you?
You should have collected the money and gifted you mother or use it to restock the house.
Is your father looking happy? What do you think changed?
Is he in debt?
If he is a business man. How is his business fairing?
If he is a retiree, has he been happy since retirement?
Who does your father respect,fear or listen to his words be it religious leader, relative or friend. Talk to the person to talk to your father and when you are narrating the ordeal do not make your father look bad in their sight. Just tell the person that there is a recent development that you want the person to talk to your father for positive change.
Don't take sides all the time with your parents especially when you don't really know the root of the problem.
Finally forgive your parents.there is no law that said you should love them. The law only said you should respect and honour them.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Romanoff(f): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
AfonjaConehead:

Ok madam, sorry..you know say you popular for here nah,why you come dey act like that grin

Act like how?

The post no show say she be woman. Anybody wey dey regular for here spos know say that "f" sign for her post no mean anything, even guys dey open account dey use the "f" sign.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Mamaab: 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
We need to hear from your father
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ephemmm: 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
Tukor1759:
first,go and ask your dad for forgiveness, do it in a way of family meeting, invite a person that your dad so much respect if possible.secondly,stop doing what others does,be your self, cause am seeing that you are looking at what he your father is doing for your brother,be unique.third, you suppose to be your dad favorite,he loves you but you are seeing it the other way,any child that was over pampered 87% always goes astray,last last find a mentor, you own done too much

She is seeing her father in the way he was painted by her mother, and this has lead to unconscious disposition of hatred towards her father. A father who has been responsible so far can't just stop to doing so overnight; something might have caused it.

You can also see that her entitlement mentality is second to none and she need to work on this.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ephemmm: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
usah4:
All this people taunting you have never been in such a situation and they'll not know how it feels.
We all embrace Africanism forgetting that even our parents are wrong some times.
But forgive him and wait on him to claim his forgiveness.

Readers know this and know peace, giving birth to children is not an achievement but making sure that they're well trained and become successful people in the society is.

Your son will punch you when you grow up and you will learn in hard way. So, are you telling me that a father who has been responsible so far will just stop overnight without a cause?

She feels comfortable beating a three year old kid, but has the gut to raise her hand against her father when corrected. Yet, you are here spewing rubbish.

Her relationship with her father got severed due to the hatred and complaints handed over to her by her mother. Imagine, she even have a right to reject 50,000, but she is finding it difficult to realize 1,000 per day as a grown up adult.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by gabemuyi: 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
Good evening, this is my first time posting here and it because I'm kinda troubled pls I will need you guys to help me on this issue.

Since 2020 I have not been in good terms with my dad, and it all started with a little fight about drinking of the water in the fridge and my dad decided to lock the sitting room where the fridge was kept restricting my mom and myself to the room alone as at this time I was in 400lvl and 24years.

My dad doesn't drop money and home so I had to look for means to feed myself which was really new to me cos he has been the one sending money to me in school even thou he doesn't drop at home.

After then we kept having issues about him not giving me a private room in the house even up till now, then on a day like that an issue happened after I beating my 3years old niece he was so angry that he hits me severally at a conered spot that he almost hit my eyes I had to push him on the bed and ran out of the house, then the second day I packed my stuff's and left for school throughout 2021 I didn't come home till December and he didn't bother calling or sent me money not my school fee and project fee I did everything on my own.

I came home late last year and apologized and later I asked him for my school fee which I had not paid as at that time, he kept giving me excuses which I Know he has and left after much talk he gave me #50,000 out of like #150,000 but sincerely I didn't collect it cos I don't know where to get the remains then I got a job and saved up and paid.

Presently I'm very mad at him because he never cared about me or my mum, all he does with his money is to give it to his concubines. It really painful that I had to work for 7-9hours everyday while standing for 1k per day and my dad is out there spending his money for one LovePeddler.

My lady I know you are really angry. I would just tell you to leave the man alone. It's not worth it.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by luluosas(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
I was 21 when I left the village for town after my secondary school and I started taking care of myself since then. So, you have no reason to hate your father, seek his love and he will do more for you
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Karleb(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

He does not deserve your forgiveness.

You have to cut him off until he comes back to his senses.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Karleb(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2022
The people are responding to this thread is the same way people usually respond to earning 100k per month.

They think it's cool and a lot until they start earning it. cheesy

I wish some of these guys would have the treatment this lady had, maybe by then they'd be able to give an informed contribution.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by ojinuocheibi(m): 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

he might need prayer but you guy will not know.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by bepositive11: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
Pierocash:
Without digging too far,I discovered you are the kind of girl that disrespects your dad,and fight proxy wars for your mother

You have to humble yourself,and go apologize genuinely. Why will you reject the money in the first place? That is rude

When you see a disrespectful child, you will see a disrespectful parent.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ashirioluwa: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
Leave your mom out of this. It’s not a bad idea if you start from the point where your dad stopped assisting you. At 24, you are a man.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ayomivic(m): 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
Pierocash:

She talked about what her father was doing that she did not like but she did not boder to know what herself and her mom were doing that the father doesn't like.

You must submitt yourself to the control of your father. No man would want to bow to the command of his wife or his daughter or son. He is the head of the family. The king of the family. Yo enjoy him , you must accept him as that.

Are you into wook up what do you people called it. O don't know how to take survive in school when your parents did not send money to you.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ayomivic(m): 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
She poured her urine inside the room and the beating wasn't anything serious.

I don't know you but I begin fear you if you can do that to 3 years old no matter the reason
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by bumy27(f): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
Almost in same shoe just that my story is a bit different. I just consider myself as an orphan since the death of my mum since 2015
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Dest8sman: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2022
Leave your father to himself. It is his turn today, tomorrow might be your own. What goes round must come round.
I'm saying this because I know how some parents behave. A word is enough to the wise. Pronto.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by AfonjaConehead: 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
Romanoff:

Act like how?

The post no show say she be woman. Anybody wey dey regular for here spos know say that "f" sign for her post no mean anything, even guys dey open account dey use the "f" sign.
Yes nah,I do it at times when I wanna get naughty hehe grin
I stopped when one bronco was trying to get drunk...
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ibelearner: 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Kill pride my dear
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Exceed15: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
Your behavior to your dad is what your mother taught you. Relate with your father with full respect and see his reaction. Be wise, someday u will marry.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by SPAMBOX7: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
[[color=#000099][/color]quote author=Pierocash post=118254882]Without digging too far,I discovered you are the kind of girl that disrespects your dad,and fight proxy wars for your mother

I rejected the money not because of anything but my dad is the kinda person that talks alot he might probably tells everyone how he paid my final years school fee all by himself which I don't like and where did he expect me to get the rest with the fact that I did my project myself and he knew I don't have any souce of income as at that time. I'm not fighting for my mum as at the time the fight happened I was frustrated and his refusal to give me a room to myself whereby we have an almost empty room at home,I stay in the same room with my dad and mum, whenever I want to change I will have to go to the bathroom to change and the bathroom is in the midst
of the tenants rooms.
Your story is funny and hard to believe but I have read worse. You type well tho seem like you a smart girl. Come live with me next year at lekki if you beautiful and chocolate/light skinned. That's if you'd be okay doing gee. That's my only way to help you get a house of your own and live your life in peace without having to ask anyone for money not even yoir dad or boyfriends. If you can't do gee then no way I can help you.
Also if you dark-skinned and dumb don't bother. Waste of time and resources
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Ijb11: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wife Always Accuse Him Of Not Being Romantic After Watching Telemundo Channel.! / Reasons Why Your Husband Will Be Snatched By A Mistress- Dokun Olumofin / "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.