Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms (28756 Views)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / Man Discovers His 4 Children Aren't His Via Compulsory DNA Test At US Embassy / Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by WHITELIGHTER: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2022
fineboynl:
Something must have cause all of that. You and you mother is disrespecting him. When this type of things keep happening he will find happiness else where.

Exactly my thought
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Mattwillz: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2022
Christmas don Dey reach..boys Dey bring out new formats.........someone pls help me with that verywicked man kanayo meme
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Kazim88: 10:19am On Nov 10, 2022
You are just placing curse on yourself by fighting your dad (or any of your parent).

It's not entirely your fault tho, You have been brainwashed by your mum to hate your dad.

Most women unintentionally poison their children mind against their dad or dad's relatives but at the end it is their children that still suffers it.

In summary, you already have so much biased against your dad, the only reason you want to stay connected to him is because you think he has money you are entitled to but soon you would realise the hard truth.... That you have a social disorder.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Bianda24: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2022
You are dancing to the drum your mother is beating. Your father gave you 50k for school fee, you did not kneel to thank him profusely. You came here on nairaland to ask if u should forgive him or not .
Besides, who told you that he is spending his money on his concubine if not your mother. Na WA o.
You informed the house that while in school, he used to send you money. It was until when you got home that u discovered that he did not used to drop money at home. Who told u? Your mum, of course. Truly, our mummies are jewels, rare gems but then, you have to use your head. Daddies too are our strenght. Please, use your brain. Do not mingle into the affairs of your parents. You were not there when they met. You won't be there when they settle. You are their child, stay neutral. Best of luck

5 Likes

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by gassbee: 10:21am On Nov 10, 2022
The mere fact dat u pushed ur dad down is wat is scattering my brain. Dont u have elder brothers to beat craze commot for your head
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Pimine: 10:21am On Nov 10, 2022
Emily22:
If we look at the op, you won't see a sign of suffering on her, that is to show you the man has been taking care of you since you were born till 24, f*ckin 24 and you never hustled for once.

1k hustling per day, you will understand the value of money.

To those saying African men, imagine a daughter posting her father's life online for condemnation.

About his concubine, it's non of your business, it's between him and your mother.

Lastly, girls like this are wastage of money in this modern world. Pour millions on their education and welfarism, they will get married one day and still hold st*pid grudges against their father.

Better kneel down in front of your father and apologize deeply from your heart.
You are wise, my brotha.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Dchampion65: 10:22am On Nov 10, 2022
I don't like judging one sided story. There are two sides of a coin.

There is a missing link. Locking you out because of drinking water, then the push, the manner in which you rejected the N50K etc

Anyway, your father will never beg you, meet some of his friend and tell them to beg on your behalf, no story at all. Tell them you just realized you make a mistake.

Now, stop taking sides in the issues between your mother and your dad.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by salem1996: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2022
oliverwrites:
Was the man always looking outside or something led to it. I am married and know noy to judge a man when it come to Nigeria women.

If it is understandable if the man was always a cheat but if he started it along the line, sometime might have led to it. I am pretty sure 65% of Nigeria women are still married today because of religion ( especially Christianity ).

I believe you even got it wrong because 65% is way to small. Maybe 80% so you ain't wrong on that side.

Tell me the truth as a married man, is it all the times things gets happy in the marriage? Sometimes there are grudges even a little with your spouse but have u thought of cheating on her? Will you be happy if she do same?

I know a man who cheats severely and even make calls with his girls in front of his wife. A neighbor started visiting the woman for a discussion they had and the said man got offended and quarrel the wife, that she is cheating on him with their neighbor. The woman wasn't even cheating on him and I remember her crying and asking him if he had ever thought of how she feels whenever he makes calls with ladies in her presence?

You talking about cheating because of disrespect? A real man seeks to mend it than look elsewhere. Sir, I respect you though I haven't seen you but I understand what married people pass through but let's be honest.

Have u ever thought of leaving your job because your boss keeps nagging? (Especially when it pays you well). Have you ever though of removing your teeth to replace them because they bit your tongue? Have u ever thought of removing the intestines and change them because you having stomach problems?

You can't think of looking elsewhere when you place value on your family already. Though I admits is not easy being with a woman.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by GistFullGround: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2022

At 24 years old?
Ahhhh, you ought to realize that you are old enough!

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Tukor1759: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
Good evening, this is my first time posting here and it because I'm kinda troubled pls I will need you guys to help me on this issue.

Since 2020 I have not been in good terms with my dad, and it all started with a little fight about drinking of the water in the fridge and my dad decided to lock the sitting room where the fridge was kept restricting my mom and myself to the room alone as at this time I was in 400lvl and 24years.

My dad doesn't drop money and home so I had to look for means to feed myself which was really new to me cos he has been the one sending money to me in school even thou he doesn't drop at home.

After then we kept having issues about him not giving me a private room in the house even up till now, then on a day like that an issue happened after I beating my 3years old niece he was so angry that he hits me severally at a conered spot that he almost hit my eyes I had to push him on the bed and ran out of the house, then the second day I packed my stuff's and left for school throughout 2021 I didn't come home till December and he didn't bother calling or sent me money not my school fee and project fee I did everything on my own.

I came home late last year and apologized and later I asked him for my school fee which I had not paid as at that time, he kept giving me excuses which I Know he has and left after much talk he gave me #50,000 out of like #150,000 but sincerely I didn't collect it cos I don't know where to get the remains then I got a job and saved up and paid.

Presently I'm very mad at him because he never cared about me or my mum, all he does with his money is to give it to his concubines. It really painful that I had to work for 7-9hours everyday while standing for 1k per day and my dad is out there spending his money for one LovePeddler.

Do u think he deserves my forgiveness??
first,go and ask your dad for forgiveness, do it in a way of family meeting, invite a person that your dad so much respect if possible.secondly,stop doing what others does,be your self, cause am seeing that you are looking at what he your father is doing for your brother,be unique.third, you suppose to be your dad favorite,he loves you but you are seeing it the other way,any child that was over pampered 87% always goes astray,last last find a mentor, you own done too much
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by adeblow(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2022
post=118271283:

You take style stubborn sha.
Exactly. This OP isn't humble enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by GoooodHardDick: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
[color=#000099][/color]

You have pride and ego. I destest your kind of girls with so much passion. Your dad did well by spanking you with the same rod you used to spank that little girl.

More over, it is a good thing for a man to consider his male child as the head of the house, or are you the head of the house before? Aunty you'll get married and go and live with your husband someday. So chill relax, honour and respect your Dad, no dey carry body again because even me sef go deal with you if you misbehave. With honour comes blessing and Sooner or later, once Your dad notice your changed behavior, he'll not only give you your own room but will also perform his fatherly duties. You and your mom should Honour and respect that Man and stop this your unnecessary rantings
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by wisdomkid: 10:32am On Nov 10, 2022
I read and went through your article again. There's no place he asked for your forgiveness in the first place. You even went to apologise because of Money, not because you felt he's your dad and he deserves your respect.

You see how making 1k is difficult, abi? You can choose to forgive him or not. But sincerely, what is the essence of hating, when we don't even know tomorrow?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by LordReed(m): 10:34am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:
Good evening, this is my first time posting here and it because I'm kinda troubled pls I will need you guys to help me on this issue.

Since 2020 I have not been in good terms with my dad, and it all started with a little fight about drinking of the water in the fridge and my dad decided to lock the sitting room where the fridge was kept restricting my mom and myself to the room alone as at this time I was in 400lvl and 24years.

My dad doesn't drop money and home so I had to look for means to feed myself which was really new to me cos he has been the one sending money to me in school even thou he doesn't drop at home.

After then we kept having issues about him not giving me a private room in the house even up till now, then on a day like that an issue happened after I beating my 3years old niece he was so angry that he hits me severally at a conered spot that he almost hit my eyes I had to push him on the bed and ran out of the house, then the second day I packed my stuff's and left for school throughout 2021 I didn't come home till December and he didn't bother calling or sent me money not my school fee and project fee I did everything on my own.

I came home late last year and apologized and later I asked him for my school fee which I had not paid as at that time, he kept giving me excuses which I Know he has and left after much talk he gave me #50,000 out of like #150,000 but sincerely I didn't collect it cos I don't know where to get the remains then I got a job and saved up and paid.

Presently I'm very mad at him because he never cared about me or my mum, all he does with his money is to give it to his concubines. It really painful that I had to work for 7-9hours everyday while standing for 1k per day and my dad is out there spending his money for one LovePeddler.

Forgive him and move on with you life. The best revenge is to become successful in life.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Lanretoye(m): 10:34am On Nov 10, 2022
Romanoff:

I didn't know that.

The post didn't say but at least, she now has an example of the kind of man to stay away from.
the post didn't say what,instead of you to accept that you didn't read well enough.
wisdomkid:
I read and went through your article again. There's no place he asked for your forgiveness in the first place. You even went to apologise because of Money, not because you felt he's your dad and he deserves your respect.

You see how making 1k is difficult, abi? You can choose to forgive him or not. But sincerely, what is the essence of hating, when we don't even know tomorrow?
she finds it difficult to stand hrs to make 1k but it's so eazy to sit idle in billings way.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Femabol01: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

Firstly, I'm not here to praise you. You are garrulous! I perceive you had alternative plan for you to think that the person that has been paying your school fees since when you were born up till 400l was foolish. You have to be submissive as long you are still living under his roof. Instead of you to just manage and get the best support from your Dad no matter the challenges. Focus on the goal not the challenges. Don't allow the issue he is having with your mum to affect you. Your Dad is treating you that way because you are not submissive to him. When you become successful, your decision will count and people will respect you more. Finally, my experience is more than yours; but today to God be the Glory. Apply wisdom!

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by deavicky(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

deserves what forgiveness exactly? as a matter of fact he has not forgiven you for beating him and u are here asking if he deserves ur forgiveness.
You and ur mum started it, you will not put water in the fridge yet u will drink it and don't refill it. The old man will come home fill it tomorrow same thing will happen.
Secondly why do u need a room to urself while u are still in school he takes care of u and all that. You want him to eject his tenant and give u the room as what nah.
Were you have u been sleeping?
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by IAMPEDRO: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2022
You kinda rude tho, they gave you 50k and you rejected. Always hold what is been given to you before complain. You can then come back to ask of the balance. We are human being we do mess up at times, I am a victim too sometimes I even insult my dad from every little argument and then go straight to my knees to apologize almost immediately. You have no choice than to forgive genuinely, Forgiveness is a selfish thing.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Lepon02: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

Abi ori daddy e daaru ni?
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by adeblow(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2022
oliverwrites:
If your dad is not paying your fee why is your mom not paying it?

Women are often quick to take accolades but many atimes the man does all the fending for the family. An example is here.

I do not support your dad, I hate dead beat fathers but marriage has thought me to balance everything.

Once again why is your mom not fending for you if your dad is not?
GBAM. Thank you.
She needs to think about this.
The man has been paying your school fees since primary and up till university, and she has the guts to come online and say that she doesn't want him to go about saying he paid for her final year school fees or project.
OP, Go and hustle and see how difficult it is to make money.
It is the responsibility of your mom also to pay your school fees when your dad is having difficulty.
You will get your own kids one day and you will see how it is.
You are mad at your dad because he beat u after you beat your niece.
OP understand that he has his own frustrations and one day u will understand that.
How can you reject the 50k he gave you?
If your mom is responsible enough, she would have balanced the money for you while you try and get the balance from your dad and pay her back. What sort of nonsense is this? This WOKE generation is something else. SILLY undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by onlinestaff2020: 10:37am On Nov 10, 2022
The Op is a dirty and spoilt brat...So, you mean you shoved your dad aside when he was trying to correct you?

When you were spanking your niece, did your niece pushed you aside?

I believe it's the big gbola you have been receiving from those drug addicts in campus, that's what is motivating you to act like an unrepentant thug at home, abi?

Na God go punish the Op, a million times... You no go die better...Your husband in the future will definitely beat you Wella for marriage, smelly punna.

Entitlement mentality has eaten deep into her that she could reject N50k for this Buhari era...That's the greatest height of direspect...Your mother did not train you well and she obviously has a bad character like you that's why your father has relegated her to the bottom like Southampton in EPL and the coach has been sacked.

Have you seen that it's very hard to make money? You are the one complaining now.

Once again, God will punish you and your mother woefully...Always making men seem as if they are the guilty ones everytime.

I wish God did not create all these necessary evil and smelly punna females.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Sweetnesstwins: 10:37am On Nov 10, 2022
You have to forgive him, it's not a choice...forgiveness is a commandment moreover, the Bible says... "Children Obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honour your father and mother, which is the first commandment with promise... That it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth". Ephesians 6:1

As a daughter that loves her dad more than anything...this hurts me...please forgive him, my dad has done things to me and my mom, it hurts a minute the next minute it's all love

Let go!
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Owen247: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2022
Socratiz:
You need to forgive your dad, not for his own sake but for your own sake.

You should not be carrying a load of bitterness against your dad as this may seep into your marriage.

You have reached the age to eliminate a sense of entitlement, and manage your expectations it only from your dad, but lao from everyone.

If your anger and frustration at your dad would change him, I would have advised you to nurture it, but you know that not possible.

I advise you face your life. Thank God you have completed schooling. Plan to leave the house as soon as you get a job. Then you can have a whole apartment to yourself rather than changing your dresses in the bathroom.

You can also take your mum along if that would be possible.

It is not healthy for your mental health to hold any form of grudges.

By the way, do you have other siblings? How does your dad relate with them?

@op na my own piece dis guy talk so o. Luk into dis.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Uwaiwe: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2022
Beating a 3 years old is grave, while pushing your dad for disciplining you is high degree of disrespect. Your father is a good man for forgiving you. Your mates are having children and you are beating someone's 3 years old child. You deserve to be in jail for child abuse.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by Owen247: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2022
Bianda24:
You are dancing to the drum your mother is beating. Your father gave you 50k for school fee, you did not kneel to thank him profusely. You came here on nairaland to ask if u should forgive him or not .
Besides, who told you that he is spending his money on his concubine if not your mother. Na WA o.
You informed the house that while in school, he used to send you money. It was until when you got home that u discovered that he did not used to drop money at home. Who told u? Your mum, of course. Truly, our mummies are jewels, rare gems but then, you have to use your head. Daddies too are our strenght. Please, use your brain. Do not mingle into the affairs of your parents. You were not there when they met. You won't be there when they settle. You are their child, stay neutral. Best of luck

@OP Stay neutral, us ur number 6.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by redrose88: 10:47am On Nov 10, 2022
Kazim88:

Most women unintentionally poison their children mind against their dad or dad's relatives but at the end it is their children that still suffers it.

I absolutely hate this thing with a passion. And the worst thing is when the mothers side does even worse than the fathers, the mother will ignore it or make all manner of crazy excuses and justifications.

Unless the fathers family has done something heinous like violence/murder, people ought to face their own families because nobody is perfect.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by APC2: 10:54am On Nov 10, 2022
I understand you. Any house where there's constant fight, you will experience this
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by usah4(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2022
All this people taunting you have never been in such a situation and they'll not know how it feels.
We all embrace Africanism forgetting that even our parents are wrong some times.
But forgive him and wait on him to claim his forgiveness.

Readers know this and know peace, giving birth to children is not an achievement but making sure that they're well trained and become successful people in the society is.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by erico2k2(m): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

well why bother him now for money, there seems to be an ongoing issue btw U ur Dad and Mum, so free the man and just carry one, I believe he does not need anything from you not even your love. so crack on @ 24 you are an adult.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by theforemost: 11:05am On Nov 10, 2022
I wish you were a boy so ur son could teach u that kinda lesson.
Ue mum is the devil creating earthquake between u and ur dad. Women of these days do everything to frustrate their husband using the children. Telling them things which are mostly just imagined against the man and showing no gratitude for what he has been doing for years.
U didn't come home to apologize, u rather came to request for school fee. U not suppose ask him for money unless he decides himself if truly u are sorry.
The man needs keep a good relationship with them new woman in his life to start afresh. You'll never change. Unless you abandon your mum
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2022
Enacto:

I giving me excuses which I Know he has and left after much talk he gave me #50,000 out of like #150,000 but sincerely I didn't collect it

1. Why will you reject the money?
Hope you are not rude ?? Or doing him shoulder?

Let me assume you have no other fault.

Pray to God for your family. You can pray a Novena to the Holy Family (online). God bless your family.
Re: My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms by blackboy2star(m): 11:08am On Nov 10, 2022
Easy thing. Take a broom stick and read Psalm 1 & 114 to it then pray by calling his name and father's name (your GrandPa) that once he steps over it his joystick will not work again except for your mum. Thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wife Always Accuse Him Of Not Being Romantic After Watching Telemundo Channel.! / Reasons Why Your Husband Will Be Snatched By A Mistress- Dokun Olumofin / "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.