Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me (53435 Views)

Ronaldo: Manchester United Forward Apologises After Phone Footage Emerges / Ronaldo (manchester United) Vs Ronaldo (real Madrid) / NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Penguin2: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2022
Kingcalls:

I dont have a problem with that...I only have a problem with those that are putting the blame on Ronaldo...thats wicked and evil...

Would you really exonerate Ronaldo from United’s flip flops?

United was consistently making Top 4 until Ronaldo joined and Solksjaer tried to build the team around him instead of their usual independence. It was what got Ole fired.

Rangnick had same issue.

Now, Ten Hag has seen it too. Look at the matches Ronaldo has missed… there’s usually more vibrancy and less selfishness upfront; and we have mostly won those matches.

Eschew sentiments and fanaticism and you’d know it’s true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Angelfrost(m): 11:26am On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:

I honestly can’t tell.

Maybe the issue they have is beyond football.

Because everyone knows that Wan Bissaka is solid at the back just that his crosses are shitty.

In my perspective, Wan Bissaka doesn’t deserve the treatment Ten Hag is giving him because whatever his weakness is can be worked on. Coaches help players develop and become better; that’s why they are there in the first place.

This is exactly my issue with many of you...

How do know the coach hasn't done all that?!!

He trains these guys weekly... He knows more about their abilities than you all do or will ever do!

It's easy to point and condemn from the sidelines, but wearing the coaching crown is always harder than it looks.

Wan Bissaka had all the time and opportunity to step up and show his worth for 2 straight seasons, what did he do?!! How well did he fare?!!

Ten Hag has a huge and daunting task ahead of him... He needs to get the very best out of what is on ground. If any player can't hack it, he must be axed!

Ten Hag is even nice honestly... Mourinho and Guardiola would have axed half of that useless squad!... Ole's Mr. Nice Guy was what cost him his job!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by greypencils: 11:27am On Nov 14, 2022
Jack500:

Yes, he was.

Man U came second before his arrival, Bruno and other important players stop performing when he came, Ronaldo will score goals, but the team play will be disrupted, it happened in Juventus, it was about to start happening in Madrid before Perez ship his ass away.

But now, the only thing that made Ronaldo relevant was goal, but at the moment, he doesn't even score the goal again, so what's the point, old, cocky, arrogant old goat.

He should leave Man u by January, Man U is far better without him, the only reason we won our last 2 matches, it is because, he didn't play.
I see you Messi fan. Ronaldo is the one responsible for Fred making incomplete passes. He was the one stopping Ole from using Bailly instead of Maguire. He is the one responsible for Pogba's inconsistencies. Delusion. I am wasting my time responding to you.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by greypencils: 11:28am On Nov 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Ronaldo was instrumental in what exactly?!!.. What were the other players then doing?!! Sleeping?!!

You guys are the main reasons why a lot of people now despise Ronaldo!

Stop worshipping him please... Just watch and enjoy football! Messi and Ronaldo are more or less in decline! There is no other way to put forth this fact!
English is hard to comprehend. I get it.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 11:31am On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:

I honestly can’t tell.

Maybe the issue they have is beyond football.

Because everyone knows that Wan Bissaka is solid at the back just that his crosses are shitty.

In my perspective, Wan Bissaka doesn’t deserve the treatment Ten Hag is giving him because whatever his weakness is can be worked on. Coaches help players develop and become better; that’s why they are there in the first place.
United is shit as a club and their old fraud glory days of Ferguson is still in their head.
trust me united where not fantastic those days they just lacked competition which made them top.
you can't compare premier league of now to then.
nowadays we have top 6 or even 7
those days it's only United, Chelsea (post mourinho's era) and arsenal are into competition. Liverpool those days where shit in EPL.
these days we have alot of competitions in EPL and United can no longer measure up.

After Ferguson no player has ever thrived in Man United again.
all their players from 2013 flopped from A-Z none thrived.
they killed alot of promising talents and established players career.
but their toxic fans won't see that but Ronaldo.
I knew Ronaldo won't be different from the career they've killed so far.
united fans should stop being unnecessary toxic and come to terms that their club is dead.
as it stands now no player can thrive in man United.
just look at Sancho and the rest.
as it stands now it's better to play for bologna in serie A than playing for that dead club united.
Osimhen will do his career something terrible if he dares comes to United.
nothing can salvage that club again.
their fans are very toxic to their players.
it's either they hype you to your doom or criticize you to your doom even when it's never your fault.
either way you're doomed as a player heading to United.
reason Frankie rather had a pay cut and few game time than move to Manchester united.
Van der beek taught him a bitter lesson.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by greypencils: 11:34am On Nov 14, 2022
Trojan8:

Are you drunk? Instrumental in bringing what? The fact that you keep using "Every" like you represent every United fan is funny. Say motivated Ronaldo would have moved mountains, please don't make me laugh
Na Ogogoro dey worry you. You are no Man United fan so stop acting like you give a shit about the club. Real Man United fans know the club's problem and Ronaldo is the least of the club's problems. No dey disguise like you care. Face front abeg.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Angelfrost(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2022
greypencils:
English is hard to comprehend. I get it.

Sir, with all due respect, my comprehension is top notch... Let's not go down that road. That's needless.

We both know you are trying to unduly exalt the ego and standing of Ronaldo against his club. This is not right.

Same way people keep spotlighting Ronaldo ahead of Rashford, Garnacho, and others working their butts off for the team every week... Messi fans do it also, I find it quite irritating.

He carried the team... He won them the UCL... He won them this... He singlehandedly did this... Where would they be without his 25 or more goals... Etc!!!

No offense bro... I just find excessive player worship a bit weird and off! Peace!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by greypencils: 11:41am On Nov 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Sir, with all due respect, my comprehension is top notch... Let's not go down that road. That's needless.

We both know you are trying to unduly exalt the ego and standing of Ronaldo against his club. This is not right.

Same way people keep spotlighting Ronaldo ahead of Rashford, Garnacho, and others working their butts off for the team every week... Messi fans do it also, I find it quite irritating.

He carried the team... He won them the UCL... He won them this... He singlehandedly did this... Where would they be without his 25 or more goals... Etc!!!

No offense bro... I just find excessive player worship a bit weird and off! Peace!

I said someone was instrumental in a club winning a UCL title and you take offense in that. Was he instrumental, yes or no? Simple sentence, you dey write long story. English dey hard. Baba Na Monday morning be this, gat work to do. Have a good day.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by OJEEMAH(m): 11:41am On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:

Head or tail, I don’t see De Laurentis holding on to Osimhen beyond next Summer especially when you recall that Real Madrid is interested in Osimhen too (if that report is true).
Considering their league position, it’s unlikely to happen. Remember De Laurentis said he will no longer sign African players cos immediately Osimhen and Koulibaly left for AFCON, they could no longer compete for the title….. I don’t think he would want to jeopardize this opportunity.
Refusing to sell might see Napoli losing Osimhen to free transfer which I’m sure he wouldn’t want.
Honestly, I don’t know what that man is using but he kept Hamsik cos Milan refused to meet their asking price. He did same to Koulibaly. Now it’s Osimhen’s turn….let wait and see what will happen.

I’m not conversant with Osimhen’s contract but I don’t think it runs beyond 2024.
at most 2025!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by ugwuadudave(m): 11:42am On Nov 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Na the 'singlehandedly' dey vex me pass....as if they did the goalkeeping, tackling, midfield and striking duties solo....
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Trojan8(m): 11:57am On Nov 14, 2022
greypencils:
Na Ogogoro dey worry you. You are no Man United fan so stop acting like you give a shit about the club. Real Man United fans know the club's problem and Ronaldo is the least of the club's problems. No dey disguise like you care. Face front abeg.

I have been supporting United before you even know what football is.

One thing that I won't do is put a player above my club. Let's even assume Ronaldo is still a top player, how long is he going to stay that I would drag my club for him?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by betshopagent(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:

I respect Ronaldo but the current United squad is better off without him.

Anytime Ronaldo plays, we are always minus one, coupled with his selfishness as he would rarely pass the ball to another person in front of posts.

He’s lucky Ten Hag has a lot of respect for him, if not, Wan Bissaka’s treatment would have been meted to him too.
what greenwood saw since last season is what united fans like you are just seeing.greenwood complained exactly the same thing when he was accused of not passing to Ronaldo.the rape case was never enof reason not to register him for EPL .
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Ray07(m): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2022
Kyase:
What’s wrong with CR7

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20415285/ronaldo-piers-morgan-interview-man-united-betrayal/

He even fake sickness cuz he wasn't included in the lineup against Fulham. grin
Heard Sancho is also faking sickness. grin

These players don see pension home.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
wealthpreach:

Past glories.....
Is Zidane's World Player of the Year a past glory?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
OJEEMAH:
But you and I know, the reason Ronaldo wanted to leave was simply because Man United didn’t qualify for UCL. You knew what was going on before he decided to rejoin Man U.

Whom do we believe?
The reports said he was looking for a club.
The reports also say no club came for him.
The reports also say Ten Hag said he needed him in his plans.
Ronaldo said his daughter was hospitalised and the club doubted him.

Which do you want me to react to?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
Ray07:

He was included in the squad but said he was feeling ill and was exempted.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by OJEEMAH(m): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
fergie001:

Whom do we believe?
The reports said he was looking for a club.
The reports also say no club came for him.
The reports also say Ten Hag said he needed him in his plans.
Ronaldo said his daughter was hospitalised and the club doubted him.

Which do you want me to react to?
The report cannot be completely wrong neither is Ronaldo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Ray07(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
fergie001:
He was included in the squad but said he was feeling ill and was exempted.
But he had the strength to grant interview. The Evil Glazers were after the money Ronaldo signing would bring. They should deal with the mess. grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Gangster1ms: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Ronaldo is not the first unhappy player to request for transfer. At Barcelona, Ibrahimovic had it tough with Pep but he never took out his frustration on the entire club.

Ronaldo is one of the best to wear Man U Jersey and also one of the greatest ever…… His ties with Man U is strong that’s why he should never have acted the way he did.
Are you a man utd fan?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by angelfallz(m): 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2022
You are right. But at that time, Wayne Rooney was at the top of his game. The CR7 of today, is a shadow of his former self.

https://africa.espn.com/football/manchester-united-engman_utd/story/4802793/cristiano-ronaldos-last-desperate-bid-for-man-united-exit

fergie001:
Wellz maybe. He won't be the first to say it. Even Rooney at some point said some of the things Ronaldo raised when he publicly attempted to leave for City.

There are better ways to have managed it though.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Sanchez01: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
OJEEMAH:
If you are no bigger than your employer, then Ronaldo is not bigger than Man United. It’s a wrong thing to say bro…..no player is bigger than a club no matter their achievements.
You realize that you can be too overqualified for a role and too good for a company right?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Sanchez01: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2022
fergie001:
Ronaldo's legendary status will remain high up there. Why do people fail to remember Keane did something like this. Even Rooney did something like this. No United fan who followed 2005-2009, will say he did nothing at United, that's funny.
Well, most football fans these days don’t even get to see Cantona and Keane play. They probably started from the time of Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo trio upfront.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by dfrost: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
[quote author=ogbe88 post=118376961][/quote]

Then he should leave and go to an above average club. Is it hard to find one?

cheesy grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Sanchez01: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Just say you love Ronaldo far more than United, and rest please!

No need for all these shalaye!

There are millions of United fans who have stayed true to the Club before Ronaldo came and have remained till now! I dare you to utter those words in their midst!

No wonder they insult you Nigerians on foreign football pages... Una too dey misyarn! SMH!!!
United is a small club. If you like, cry blood, it doesn’t mean the club will win Europa, the Premier League or a major trophy anytime soon. It is a small club for a reason.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by dfrost: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sanchez01:

You realize that you can be too overqualified for a role and too good for a company right?

Sanchez Baba I no agree for this one ooh. Worst case scenario, resign and float your own company.

No individual is greater than a company that employs him. None.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by dfrost: 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sanchez01:

United is a small club. If you like, cry blood, it doesn’t mean the club will win Europa, the Premier League or a major trophy anytime soon. It is a small club for a reason.

O yeah small club that warrants your attention on their thread and discussion?

cheesy grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Sanchez01: 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2022
dfrost:

Sanchez Baba I no agree for this one ooh. Worst case scenario, resign and float your own company.

No individual is greater than a company that employs him. None.
It’s a two way thing;

1. You have worked for several multinational corporations in the past, bagged awards and contributed greatly that these companies expanded their reach further. Then you walk away when the ovation is high and loudest, knowing you have achieved all there is and want a new challenge.

2. You apply to work in a national company with no goal or objective for expanding into other countries yet. For someone with your wealth of experience in several multinational corporations, you’re the star attention in this company. You most likely:

A. Got there by choosing to accept a new challenge and help grow this particular business, not minding your insane portfolio.

B. You probably have a stake or sentiment towards this national organization and want to see them succeed at all cost.

However, in the corporate world, these are not often the case because you probably won’t get hired in the first place. Such companies will look at your resume, apologize and say you’re too overqualified and that they won’t be able to provide you with the necessary resources that comes with your experience and status for the role.

In football, you can be hired and allowed to roll with their fingerlings in the name of competing. Such is the case of Ronaldo at United.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Sanchez01: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2022
dfrost:

O yeah small club that warrants your attention on their thread and discussion?

cheesy grin
Obviously. A global enigma is in the eye of the storm here. You obviously won’t catch me on a Manchester United football thread for a reason.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Kyase(m): 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2022
Ray07:

You Dey mind dem
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by wealthpreach(m): 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2022
fergie001:
Is Zidane's World Player of the Year a past glory?

It's past glory. Christiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest players to play in the world, but he is going the Balotelli way. The coach knows his job is at risk so, it's left for him to choose who he deems fit for each match.

The coach is not bigger than the club so are the players not bigger than the coach. Every coach has preferred players in each position. Ronaldo has played and started a few matches this season both for club and country and it's glaring that age is setting in.

Cause if you fault his performance on how the coach is treating him, how about his performance for his country? You'll still defend that?

Pogba started playing trash at some point for reasons best known to him, but he always turned up for his country.

I have no beef for ronaldo, I think he is over-pressuring himself to perform which has led to his poor form this season.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Kingcalls: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:

Would you really exonerate Ronaldo from United’s flip flops?

United was consistently making Top 4 until Ronaldo joined and Solksjaer tried to build the team around him instead of their usual independence. It was what got Ole fired.

Rangnick had same issue.

Now, Ten Hag has seen it too. Look at the matches Ronaldo has missed… there’s usually more vibrancy and less selfishness upfront; and we have mostly won those matches.

Eschew sentiments and fanaticism and you’d know it’s true.

U are one of those that are saying evil.... what vibrancy did u watch yesterday?? Abi was there another match that they played simultaneously... last season, they dint win a single match that Ronaldo didn't play... so hat tricks against spurs and Watford... and those champions league games , he made them worse or what?? They biggest defeat this season against city , he dint play... their game against Arsenal was 1.1 until he came thru and they won 3.1 cos he freed up Rashford... his game against Arsenal last season 3.2 ...his game against Chelsea 1.1 ... so all these games they were bad abi?? His winning goal against Everton nko?? Rashford in that same position will miss that chance .... the truth is that you guys don't wanna say the truth...Manchester will keep on suffering immensely until they decide to start telling themselves the truth ... they are suffering from entitlement mentality.... Sanchez , Ighalo , Depay , Ibrahimovic, pogba , cavanni , lukaku cant all be suffering the same thing that Ronaldo is suffering and finally spoken about and u wanna blame him?? The only reason he spoke is because his love for the club and legendary status... did u see him mention anything about juve ...shey they also said he was the problem... look at how disastrous they have been since he left ... how is Manchester better.... this time last season, they were 4th .... besides , u saying ole was building the team is crap... what team, just bcis they finished 2nd the previous season.... ok, let's blame sterling for Chelsea's poor form, they also finished 3rd last season, or lets blame Darwin Nunez for Liverpools poor season so far... u are all always quick to mention Ronaldo at every given opportunity... someone that hit 24 goals last season...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2022
wealthpreach:

It's past glory. Christiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest players to play in the world, but he is going the Balotelli way. The coach knows his job is at risk so, it's left for him to choose who he deems fit for each match.
You are deviating...
I have some disrespect for the Coach because he does not show me respect. (unless performance is what is hidden there).

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Karim Benzema Flaunts His N975m Bugatti Chiron / Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) / Mcgregor Vs Mayweather, More Photos From The Arena.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.