Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad (10332 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Easiest Way To Travel Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by hardbody: 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2011
Reason for constant desire to travel abroad? To be been-to. grin
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by femmy2010(m): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2011
I guess they all want to come back to 9ja a "bigger Hero".
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by mithel(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2011
this topic has been on the front page before na.dis mods sef. Kmt
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by hbrednic: 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2011
nigerians travel to see tall tall buildings and to stop shouting up nepa tongue
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by ochukoccna: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2011
Look all around you
The reason is obvious ain't it.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by hallmark77: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2011
Important reasons why Nigerians travel abroad are economic reasons,infrastructure deficit in Nigeria and also to have unrestricted freedom but we never thought is for these reasons.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by tEsLim(m): 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
Nairaland becoming dry why is this question / post reshuffled and brought to front page. Its a old one. Are the mods so lazy or getting desperate?
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by atasteve: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2011
The problem is not the country but individuals!

"WHAT A MAN DOES NOT RECEIVE FROM ABOVE (GOD) CANNOT COME FROM ABROAD"

A CHICKEN IN NIGERIA CANNOT BECOME AN EAGLE IN ABROAD

Nigeria is not working but haven't you seen sincere and trustworthy people that are prospering around you in this same country while you complain all day long.

Everybody got to ask themselves this sincere question; WHY AM I TRAVELLING OUT? I will advise that you have a rethink if you cannot answer yourself sincerely.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by abbey621(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2011
It is said that "Common sense is not common at all." If that's the case then the answer to your question lies in the government's failed ability to use common sense. It's common sense to provide security, it's common sense to provide employment, it's also common sense to give back to your citizens. Nigerians travel abroad for various reasons and each more genuine than the other, I would never advice anybody to miss such an opportunity. If life in Nigeria is becoming unbearable, then please travel b4 it's too late, we only have one life to live and time waits for nobody. I graduated from a Nigerian university, only to end up without a job, traveled abroad and continued my education at the same time found a job that pays an average wage, it's been tough because of the economy but I make enough to pay my bills and have extra to send back home, I feel fulfilled and I'm happy with my life, if another man's country can provide me with this great opportunity, why would my father's land deny me of my birth right. Nigeria is a failed nation but I shall continue to pray 4 it, while sipping on some Hennessey.

Twitter: @Oloko_D
facebook: www.facebook.com/olokofire
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by publisher(m): 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
Quote from: llbhuds on August 27, 2011, 09:27 PM
@ AjanleKoko
the way you are talkin shows you are a true Nigerian nd you are 1 of d die hard citizens dat will always bliv in naija, but bliv me if you live in europe, you will knw naija is a failed country. the way farward like you suggested is to look for how evri naija in diaspora can contribute meaningfully to d dev of d country but let me tell you sometin,  if our leaders are hard nuts to crack den der is no way farward. i am a nigerian to d bone, d colour of my blood is black but honestly i have lost hope in that country.
a couple of nigerians were arrested in northern Cyprus wen i was a student der nd d police dmanded a guarantor b4 dey could release dem, so som1 was sent to istanbul to meet d ambassador bt he said he cant come because TRNC is not a recognized country to nigeria govt so he cant come to bail anyone out. can you imagine such a statement from my country´s ambassador ?

I understand your point of view.
But it still doesn't change anything. I did not say people should not go to other countries. In fact, because of our population I believe we should be well represented in many nations, just like Chinese and Indians. I would prefer, though, that we are known for good, not for all this foolish one naira crimes that we keep committing all over the place, drugs and credit card fraud.

Nigeria is where we all came from. We have to do better for Nigeria. The leaders may be hard nuts to crack today, but remember, nothing stays the same for ever. Start contributing to people's lives, people at the grassroots who are suffering the effects of bad leadership. You'd be surprised at what a little good can achieve. You might help someone today, and he might become the president tomorrow.

These countries we all relocate to were no better than Nigeria at some point. But people fought and worked hard for the reality that we all rush towards today. It's time that we also pay the price so our children can know a better Nigeria.

God bless you AjanleKoko.
You've said my mind jare. Most Nigerians dont want to read the history of some of these advanced countries that they are now rushing to. Black Africans are generally unable to make great personal sacrifices for the future generations of their country,the few who try are often refered to as 'silly'. But we loathe our countries and send our people overseas. Why wont most Africans experience discrimination and racism? If my father struggled his whole life to build  a mansion for me and my siblings,will an outsider(from another family) move into our mansion and expect to enjoy the benefits of my fathers labour? It cant happen!
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by imperiouxx(m): 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^^ e ka bo sir.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by ronkebp(f): 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2011
I think it is because majority feel it would be easier and faster to 'make it big' than in Nigeria.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by blasterman(m): 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
the reasons in a few words

asylum
exposure
adventure
opportunites
money
variety
shopping
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by Osama10(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2011
I think Eedris Abdulkareem said it all in one of his songs "Everything Jaga Jaga".

Can you imagine a country that is so endowed like Nigeria lacks basic amenities like Electricity, Water, Roads, Security etc.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by joganut(m): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
it is better to be a king in hell than a slave in paradise
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by zerocool(m): 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
It is better to be an alsatian dog in the city, than a lion in the forest.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by zinosleek(m): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2011
you guys want to go and enjoy what other people have labored for, in as much as they are more developed than us structurally its is the same mentally. most of the goodies there are for their citizens, we should try to make our country better and enjoy here. no place like home.
the grass is never greener on the other side.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by Sike(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2011
Even the atmosphere of anywhere outside of Nigeria is enough to die for. Not to mention the breeze, surroundings e.t.c.
Mtchew! Forget it. Letz get there first.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by Babasessy(m): 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2011
zinosleek:

you guys want to go and enjoy what other people have labored for, in as much as they are more developed than us structurally its is the same mentally. most of the goodies there are for their citizens, we should try to make our country better and enjoy here. no place like home.

Says who? Don't forget that the British colonial masters came here to our country with short nickers in the name of exploring the river Niger (Mungo Park) and left with trousers after colonisation and siphoning our wealth. Our forefathers built the underground stations in this part of the world as the white man's labourers. Phrases like 'stop looking like Dundee united' and 'ma rinrin borough kiri' came about from our fathers that laboured hard for the British. 'Dundee united' is a football club here in England while 'borough' is what they call their local councils here.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by kabukabu50(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2011
Who in their right mind would want to live their entire lives surrounded by an environment riddled with abject poverty and hopelessness .
No Electricity,No running water,No sewage,scant public services,corruption on every rung of public service.

Nigeria is decades away from resolving these issues,probably not in my lifetime grin.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by kabukabu50(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
Who in their right mind would want to live their entire lives surrounded by an environment riddled with abject poverty and hopelessness .
No Electricity,No running water,No sewage,scant public services,corruption on every rung of public service.

Nigeria is decades away from resolving these issues,probably not in my lifetime grin.

There was recently a story about a nigerian who had leukemia, and there was not a single bone marrow registry in Nigeria, , which means if he stayed in Lagos,he would have died, he is now on the list to get one in the US.What a shame
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by igbo2011(m): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2011
@kabukabu50
Instead of leaving, why odn't you make it better?
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by llbhuds: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2011
hnmmmmmm
i  don tire for the country i swear
i work with alot of guys from Afghanistan and Pakistan and i was found of making fun of them about the  constant bomb in their country, but now my beloved naija too is now a member of the league of bombing nations
na wa ooooo
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by AjanleKoko: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
The amazing thing about Nigeria is, we keep finding ways to sink to new lows.
Unabashedly, unashamedly corrupt, inept, and full of mischief. That's the average Nigerian.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by MMM2(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2011
money
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by grinda: 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2011
To charge fone!
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by imperiouxx(m): 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2011
zinosleek:

You don't have any idea of all you are saying. There are many universities in the US where Nigerians work as one of their senior staffs.

$1 = N156;
£1 = N250+
Obama making more jobs while GEJ still battling security.

Which side is the grasses greener?
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by llbhuds: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2011
i have come to a conclusion dat any Nigerian who criticizes those who lives in developed countries is doing so out jealousy cos if that person is privileged to live in these countries he / she will do that without hesitation.

igbo2011:

@kabukabu50
Instead of leaving, why odn't you make it better?

my oga its a good point but can u name one NGO which u are an active member and its aim is to make Nigeria a better place.
a country where a whole ship disappeared up-till now and no info about its whereabouts.
i said it b4 that enugu dat was once referred to as the coal city, una think say coal no dey there again? it because there are now supplements for coal in developed countries and soon that ofcrude is also on its way cos dey are really workin on it.so then many peeps will now see that there is that need to travel abroad because even MEND no go fight again cos dem no need there crude anymore and dey will have to deink it demselves
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by LogicPower(m): 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2011
SNTHESIS: "chei  !!! get a refund from the school u attended o! o shey na ghana u go?"

GEMMA11: "Teach me. --- What is wrong with the expression I used?"

The phrase in bold from your post below is what SNTHESIS was alluding to:

Quote from: Gemma11 on August 25, 2011, 01:06 PM
I just recently returned from Nigeria after years and was expecting to see a big improvement due to the positive comments I constantly read here on NL but not much has changed. . . .In fact things were a lot worst!

Indeed there is an obvious grammatical mistake in the highlighted phrase; in English, we cannot use the adverbs 'a lot of', 'a little', 'slightly', 'far', etc. to modify an adjective that is in its[b] superlative[/b] form, such as 'worst', best, tallest, etc.

We can only use such adverbs to modify adjectives that are in the comparative forms, worse, better, taller, etc.

So if you had written '--things were a lot worse' no any 'grammar-savvy' guy, like SNTHESIS, go worry u.

And I think it would have been much better for you if you had tried to find out from someone whether or not something was really wrong, grammatically, with the expression, before replying SNTHESIS the way you did; your reply, and I am sorry to say this, appears to be more embarrassing than the original grammatical mistake!
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2011
I have a thing against being a second class citizen

All I need is a little cash and I will be able to control things in Niaja in ways my counterparts in foreign countries will be unable to do

The lawlessness of our country can be used to our advantage if we only have time to sit and think about it.

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by imperiouxx(m): 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^^ e ka bo sir.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by Thirst4Lif: 12:53am On Sep 24, 2011
There can only be one reason why someone would abandon their birth country or continent.

Because they're not getting what they need or desire at home. It almost sounds like an adulterous

marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassies In Romania, Hungary Receive Over 200 Nigerians From Ukraine / Aviation Minister, Keyamo Orders Suspension Of Dana Air Pending Audit / Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.