Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad (10331 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Easiest Way To Travel Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by erico2k2(m): 12:53am On Sep 24, 2011
yomola:

I have a thing against being a second class citizen

All I need is a little cash and I will be able to control things in Niaja in ways my counterparts in foreign countries will be unable to do

The lawlessness of our country can be used to our advantage if we only have time to sit and think about it.

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
how do you classify someone as 2nd class citizen?
what I seem to get is people just repeating what everyone elses says  lol, B4 i came to live in the Uk, I heard people wash dead bodies for living,this never existed,never seen anyone that does that Job  and I have lived here long anough to know.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by Thirst4Lif: 12:59am On Sep 24, 2011
B4 i came to live in the Uk,

Are you an African who's relocated to the UK? If so I think the posters point has been made.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by wilzz26: 1:04am On Sep 24, 2011
@ erico2k2.abi o. dont mind them jare the poster will never look at the issue from both differen angles. he talks about 500k  Nira and other stuffs without talking about the job opportunities associated with getting the 500k to start a business. he talks as if there are credit facilites in the contry Nigeria needed to drive SMEs of today. as if there are basic ammenities to drive potentials in Nigeria and proprer policies and framework to take Nigeria to where it is needed to be. he as failed to say that its is the duty of the goverment to use the resources to build its citizenry there by setting out abetter future for all.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by erico2k2(m): 1:06am On Sep 24, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

Are you an African who's relocated to the UK? If so I think the posters point has been made.
the poster was specific about Nigerians, not the whole African people
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by erico2k2(m): 1:10am On Sep 24, 2011
wilzz26:

@ erico2k2.abi o. dont mind them jare the poster will never look at the issue from both differen angles. he talks about 500k  Nira and other stuffs without talking about the job opportunities associated with getting the 500k to start a business. he talks as if there are credit facilites in the contry Nigeria needed to drive SMEs of today. as if there are basic ammenities to drive potentials in Nigeria and proprer policies and framework to take Nigeria to where it is needed to be. he as failed to say that its is the duty of the goverment to use the resources to build its citizenry there by setting out abetter future for all.
Thats the order of the day ill exposed people come on free site like these to chat bare crap,they dont know the ABC of migration, even animals migrate and they have reason let alone humans.Plz postees lets act civilized a bit, I beg unu
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by wilzz26: 1:24am On Sep 24, 2011
I as person will migrate due to poor educational facilities and lack international endorsement of the qualifications obtained form the contry called Nigeria. i will still keep hope alive but 2020 is not realistic or can be archived with the present status GDP. at the momenti will classify Nigeria as a failed state due to the inability to invest in its people. Nigera practices an educationl system that is outdated, a nation with just 1 admission in to higher education in a year. there by living the delapitating sector overstreched.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by kabukabu(m): 2:05am On Sep 24, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

There can only be one reason why someone would abandon their birth country or continent.

Because they're not getting what they need or desire at home. It almost sounds like an adulterous

marriage.

Another blockheaded post by an ignorant butt hole grin

Millions of people all over the world leave their birth countries for better lives all over the world, are you calling everyone who does that, "adulterous"
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by CyberG: 3:38am On Sep 24, 2011
Nigerians practically "RUN" away from Nigeria because their fathers and current leaders have created a hopeless country where all efforts to get ahead by your own efforts, hard work and intelligence will mostly lead to frustration and under-achievement in life!
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by beespak7(m): 6:32am On Sep 24, 2011
There are 10million nigerians in the diaspora and still counting. Go to foreign embassies in lagos and abuja, and see the marmout croud there wishing to leave nigeria. No light , no jobs, no water, bad roads no security kidnapings armed robbery poor health facilities chai look at what corruption and selfishness has done to my once beautifull naija shocked shocked
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by EagleNest(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2011
The motives are obvious, better life! If the land is good there will be no need for permanent migration.
How many Americans, Brits,Canadians, Aussies & likes leave their country for good when their land is good already. Nigeria is standing on a faulty foundation and until we go back and fix the foundation we will never escape the mental torture and stigma of being a Nigerian. We can cry to far heavens, whine, complain, shout and even run away from it but the problem will still remain - foundation has to be fixed! No one else but you and me will fix it if we want.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 24, 2011
erico2k2:

how do you classify someone as 2nd class citizen?
what I seem to get is people just repeating what everyone elses says  lol, B4 i came to live in the Uk, I heard people wash dead bodies for living,this never existed,never seen anyone that does that Job  and I have lived here long anough to know.

By 2nd Class I mean living in another country not your own, Open to racism and being asked the question 'Which country are you really from?'
And I was talking about myself
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by erico2k2(m): 10:28am On Sep 24, 2011
@yomola
Dont you think its pathetic to be thinking that low about oneself?where ever you are there are always haters even in our very own 9ja, there are haters AKA TRIBALISM.Its not even recongnised in 9ja to be lebbeled as an offence at least here RACIAL ENCITMENT  is a criminal offence once proven.being asked what country you are from aint that much far from being asked what state you are from.To be honest, i do not find it offensive to be asked what country Im from  cos Im proud of where Im from.people seem to be miopic in thier views regarding international matters  cos they are rooted to the hectic day to day life of Nigeria, but who would blame them.To be honest when you live in a society where there is 24/7 electricity,good roadds  and equall oportunity you REASONING would change drastically.DOnt get me wrong,Im heavily invested in 9ja but I still need the connections from down here in the Uk to make things happen ie me an Mr Ibu got to supply smthing to NNPC, mr Ibu goes to apply to go china, me I buy a flight ticket 1 hr from there and Im in China the next 72 hours,you feel me?? grin grin
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by LogicPower(m): 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2011
CyberG:

Nigerians practically "RUN" away from Nigeria because their fathers and current leaders have created a hopeless country where all efforts to get ahead by your own efforts, hard work and intelligence will mostly lead to frustration and under-achievement in life!

The gist of what you have stated in your post is, unfortunately, the obvious truth about the situation in our beleaguered country.

To be able to 'climb up', you would probably need more 'connections' than sheer hard work, skills, intelligence, experience, competence, expertise, dedication, honesty, integrity, etc.

Although it can be argued that 'connections' do also count in the developed countries, it cannot be as widely, badly, flagrantly and inimically as in our own case.

If the systems of those developed countries had been as self-destructive as ours, in sacrificing competence, hard work, intelligence, etc, on the altar of 'connections' or any such other vested interests, they would not have been that developed!
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by tpia5: 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
Its just ingrained in us that we must go abroad.

Also, a lot of people find the home environment antagonistic, which is true to some extent.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by darkman200: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2011
Nigeria is a failed Country! Although that is not news, solution is to carve up the country and give the parts to the neighboring countries like Ghana, Benin Republic, Cameroon and Chad Republic, i think they will do a better job fixing the mess
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by wilzz26: 12:50am On Sep 25, 2011
darkman200:

Nigeria is a failed Country! Although that is not news, solution is to carve up the country and give the parts to the neighboring countries like Ghana, Benin Republic, Cameroon and Chad Republic, i think they will do a better job fixing the mess

our leaders are resisting change and if you there try to change anything then you will be witch hunted.
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2011
erico2k2:

@yomola
Dont you think its pathetic to be thinking that low about oneself?where ever you are there are always haters even in our very own 9ja, there are haters AKA TRIBALISM.Its not even recongnised in 9ja to be lebbeled as an offence at least here RACIAL ENCITMENT is a criminal offence once proven.being asked what country you are from aint that much far from being asked what state you are from.To be honest, i do not find it offensive to be asked what country Im from cos Im proud of where Im from.people seem to be miopic in thier views regarding international matters cos they are rooted to the hectic day to day life of Nigeria, but who would blame them.To be honest when you live in a society where there is 24/7 electricity,good roadds and equall oportunity you REASONING would change drastically.DOnt get me wrong,Im heavily invested in 9ja but I still need the connections from down here in the Uk to make things happen ie me an Mr Ibu got to supply smthing to NNPC, mr Ibu goes to apply to go china, me I buy a flight ticket 1 hr from there and Im in China the next 72 hours,you feel me?? grin grin

@bolded Frankly, I don't feel you grin

I don't think low of myself at all, All I am saying is that I have a country and If it is a mess, I think it is my duty to fix it. Not run to another man's country.

Yes tribalism exist in Nigeria but I'll rather be bashed by my own people than be bashed by a foreigner because I am in his country.

Why, because I will have something to say in return cool

My point is : With everyone running away to seek greener pastures outside the country who will be left to fix the country?

You feel me ? grin
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by AjanleKoko: 10:31pm On Sep 25, 2011
yomola:

@bolded Frankly, I don't feel you grin

I don't think low of myself at all, All I am saying is that I have a country and If it is a mess, I think it is my duty to fix it. Not run to another man's country.

Yes tribalism exist in Nigeria but I'll rather be bashed by my own people than be bashed by a foreigner because I am in his country.

Why, because I will have something to say in return cool

My point is : With everyone running away to seek greener pastures outside the country who will be left to fix the country?

You feel me ? grin

Two things.
Firstly, let the people who have the opportunity to migrate do so. Everybody has the right to their aspirations.
Secondly, that line about being bashed by foreigners is kinda funny. One way or another, we are all getting bashed by forces beyond our control. It's what we get out of the bashing that matters. You are getting bashed in Nigeria by fellow Nigerians, while others are getting based by foreigners. tongue
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by mbulela: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Secondly, that line about being bashed by foreigners is kinda funny. One way or another, we are all getting bashed by forces beyond our control. It's what we get out of the bashing that matters. You are getting bashed in Nigeria by fellow Nigerians, while others are getting based by foreigners. tongue

echoes the sentiments of a friend who said he would prefer to be discriminated abroad and live a quality life as a professional than live in Nigeria where he is discriminated as an indigene of a minority tribe in Northern Nigeria.
He said "all na discrimination but one dey yield result and i know which".
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by erico2k2(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
mbulela:

echoes the sentiments of a friend who said he would prefer to be discriminated abroad and live a quality life as a professional than live in Nigeria where he is discriminated as an indigene of a minority tribe in Northern Nigeria.
He said "all na discrimination but one dey yield result and i know which".
you toomuch, I mean you threeMUCH
ask hime again, why do people take pride in cleaning the streets of London yet they cant do same in NIgeria? like you said one yeilds results and we know which,

@Yomala
again its sooooooooo pathethic to be reasoning about that level of thought.as per bashing or being abbused as a forigner,wont it be better to be bashed abroad cos you aint from there than to be bashed at home where you from and have full right? ie Police brutality.Atleast racial bashing is an offence here and to be honest wiv you,I have lived here 15 years, I have never been racialy abbused and thats half of my adult life here so far.You saying you got something to say in return,what have you got to say when you get harrased by Police officer on the road? here, that can never happen, ther most be a reason if not,I can make an official complaint and it would be taken further.what do you have to say when PHCN decide you had anough electricity for the day? here I can sue them if I have a power outage due to their fault and something gets damaged ie food etc.What have you in person said about the constant pot holes round where you live that keeps on damaging your car if you drive on it? Here the council would be held accountable,make I go on and on??.And again its SAD when people throw in the RACIST CARD when these arguments come on when they have no clue what racism realy means.HERE THIS IF YOU LIVED IN NIGERIA ALL YOUR LIFE AND HAVE NEVER LIVED IN A WESTERN WORLD B4 YOU HAVE NO CLUE WAHT RACISM MEANS YOU ARE ONLY GOING BY WAHT YOU HEAR AND READExpiriencing it is a diffrent matter.
And finaly,you should learn this its very important
********* NO ONE,I REPEAT NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR CONSCENT*******
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by llbhuds: 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
yomola:

@bolded Frankly, I don't feel you  grin

Why, because I will have something to say in return  cool

You feel me ?  grin

i am not going against your beliefs and hope on our beloved naija, but one thing i want you to know is that in nigeria, there is nothing like DIGNITY IN LABOUR anymore because there is a high range between the rich and the poor.
generally, me as a person i have lost hope in any african country/ nation as a whole.

the way you talk shows u are living in naija and i can assure u dat if u live for a week in any western europe country, u will come nd delete this comment you posted on this topic i swear
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by erico2k2(m): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2011
llbhuds:

i am not going against your beliefs and hope on our beloved naija, but one thing i want you to know is that in nigeria, there is nothing like DIGNITY IN LABOUR anymore because there is a high range between the rich and the poor.
generally, me as a person i have lost hope in any african country/ nation as a whole.

the way you talk shows u are living in naija and i can assure u dat if u like for a week in any western europe country, u will come nd delete this comment you osted on this topic i swear
GUy I take GOD beg you well well, no make person die of laughter shwooo, U wan burst ribs lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by llbhuds: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2011
erico2k2:

GUy I take GOD beg you well well, no make person die of laughter shwooo, U wan burst ribs  lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

bro no be lie na, when i was a kid i traveled with my mum from kaduna to ilorin with the train hmm, what a memorable journey
i saw a movie last 9t and i saw the environmental inspectors (wole wole) performing during the national environmental sanitation day in naija den and i almost cried cos nigeria was a beloved country to everyone then, there were amusement parks around the corners and there wer the rich, middle class and the poor and the poor.
most people went to govt sch and the private sch den were mainly owned by the Catholics.
life was good and beautiful, nitel, nipost and Nigerian airways were working perfectly. NTA Ibadan, first television station in African. these were when we were the giant of African but now we be toothless bulldog.
last Monday 26th Sept, i sent a mail to Nigerian embassy asking if there are any events planned by the consular for the coming Nigeria's independence day celeb, up till now i am yet to receive any mail from the embassy. if a whole Nigeria embassy can not reply my mail, me a Nigerian citizen, then i see no reason why the embassy is still opened cos i think der primary job is to provide answers to my questions.

OUR LEADERS WILL NEVER CEASE TO FAIL US
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by erico2k2(m): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2011
llbhuds:

bro no be lie na, when i was a kid i traveled with my mum from kaduna to ilorin with the train hmm, what a memorable journey
i saw a movie last 9t and i saw the environmental inspectors (wole wole) performing during the national environmental sanitation day in naija den and i almost cried cos nigeria was a beloved country to everyone then, there were amusement parks around the corners and there wer the rich, middle class and the poor and the poor.
most people went to govt sch and the private sch den were mainly owned by the Catholics.
life was good and beautiful, nitel, nipost and Nigerian airways were working perfectly. NTA Ibadan, first television station in African. these were when we were the giant of African but now we be toothless bulldog.
last Monday 26th Sept, i sent a mail to Nigerian embassy asking if there are any events planned by the consular for the coming Nigeria's independence day celeb, up till now i am yet to receive any mail from the embassy. if a whole Nigeria embassy can not reply my mail, me a Nigerian citizen, then i see no reason why the embassy is still opened cos i think der primary job is to provide answers to my questions.

OUR LEADERS WILL NEVER CEASE TO FAIL US

I feel you bro, you know as far as you Email wont generate money AKA Eunje no one gives a F****ck there,Shameless bunch of people.These guys are incredible,they got no reason to act like that cos here, everything was meant to work
Re: Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad by paypacket: 11:46pm On Sep 29, 2011
erico2k2:

I feel you bro, you know as far as you Email wont generate money AKA Eunje no one gives a F****ck there,Shameless bunch of people.These guys are incredible,they got no reason to act like that cos here, everything was meant to work

@erico2k2

Hello bro. I'll like to invite you right away to experience the toolbar that's going to givbe the likes of Twitter a run for their money!

Click on my sig. to sign-up then down-load. It's safe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aviation Minister, Keyamo Orders Suspension Of Dana Air Pending Audit / Nigerian Embassies In Romania, Hungary Receive Over 200 Nigerians From Ukraine / Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.