Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 (79358 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by EngGandalf: 1:10am On Aug 04, 2023
Janedoe27:
Hi Everyone, Please I’m looking to book a flight to Orlando Florida and I need an airline that doesn’t require transit visa, with the shortest flight time and the least amount of stopovers. I don’t know if anyone can be of help. Cost is not really a problem.
Well if cost is not a problem, you should be able to google the biggest airline in your country and book a flight . Or the airlines that fly international in your country

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 12:02am On Aug 05, 2023
thatthickgurl:
One day, I’ll rant about the tip entitlement culture in this country cry cry

Today is not the day

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Rdfactor(m): 12:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Sisib15:
I have south Dakota state university and i have northern Arizona state university. I have my visa for south Dakota state university and I'm in the usa already. I am contemplating of i should transfer to northern Arizona flagstaff because south Dakota is a rural area . Brookings to be precise

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Sisib15: 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
You people didn't tell me that you all work for money here. I thought we should come to America and start picking the money. 😂😂😂😂😩

6 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Janedoe27: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
Thanks Sherlock, without you I would never have figured out there was something like google.
EngGandalf:

Well if cost is not a problem, you should be able to google the biggest airline in your country and book a flight . Or the airlines that fly international in your country

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by EngGandalf: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
Janedoe27:
Thanks Sherlock, without you I would never have figured out there was something like google.
I like your sarcasm….

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by sunboy(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

In Arizona, you don’t need a license to braid hair. Arizona has a good amount of Black Americans and in most of the states, hair braiding runs from $50 all the way up to $300. You can do really good braiding hair in Arizona. In South Dakota, you need a cosmetology license to braid hair but there aren’t many Black people so business wouldn’t be as good as Arizona.
You can get many clients on campus in Arizona. If you’re good, your customers like you, and you’re available regularly on weekends, they’ll comeback to you over and over because dependable braiders are hard to find.

Just to correct that notion about Arizona. Yes you do need license but yes you can work your braiding and run cash business nobody’s chasing you so OP should be fine.

Majority of blacks in Arizona are concentrated in Maricopa county (ie Phoenix and its suburbs), Flagstaff is a touristy and college town, the black population is a handful. I’m assuming his/her campus will be in Flagstaff.

Flagstaff is good, chill and you’d enjoy it out there, and it snows like crazy just any other cold state. But the black population is only a handful unfortunately… you will probably meet some on the campus and don’t sleep on getting white client too if you choose NAU.

Good luck to the OP

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by sunboy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
Sisib15:
I have south Dakota state university and i have northern Arizona state university. I have my visa for south Dakota state university and I'm in the usa already. I am contemplating of i should transfer to northern Arizona flagstaff because south Dakota is a rural area . Brookings to be precise

Feel free to quote me about your Arizona questions.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by sunboy(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
Sisib15:
Hello everyone,
Please are international students allowed to make hair for people as side hustle around my school

You’d be just fine in AZ, as long you’re careful with your clientele. Generally a license is required but you will be just fine running your side hustle without issues.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by thatthickgurl(f): 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
sunboy:

Can I send a mail, I have questions please
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by sunboy(m): 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
thatthickgurl:

Can I send a mail, I have questions please

I’d rather prefer you ask openly so it may be beneficial to other folks. But if it’s very personal then it’s okay to mail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by thatthickgurl(f): 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
sunboy:

I’d rather prefer you ask openly so it may be beneficial to other folks. But if it’s very personal then it’s okay to mail.

It’s extra personal. Lol.
Thank you, I’ll be in your mail

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by sunboy(m): 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
thatthickgurl:

It’s extra personal. Lol.
Thank you, I’ll be in your mail

👍🏾
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
sunboy:

Just to correct that notion about Arizona. Yes you do need license but yes you can work your braiding and run cash business nobody’s chasing you so OP should be fine.

Majority of blacks in Arizona are concentrated in Maricopa county (ie Phoenix and its suburbs), Flagstaff is a touristy and college town, the black population is a handful. I’m assuming his/her campus will be in Flagstaff.

Flagstaff is good, chill and you’d enjoy it out there, and it snows like crazy just any other cold state. But the black population is only a handful unfortunately… you will probably meet some on the campus and don’t sleep on getting white client too if you choose NAU.

Good luck to the OP

You're wrong. Arizona is one of the states that does not require braiders to be licensed. The information is on the cosmetology board’s website.
You can also read about the successful lawsuit that stopped the licensing requirement here—
https://ij.org/case/farmer-v-arizona-board-of-cosmetology/
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
sunboy:

You’d be just fine in AZ, as long you’re careful with your clientele. Generally a license is required but you will be just fine running your side hustle without issues.

If she’s only braiding, no license is required.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by sunboy(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

You're wrong. Arizona is one of the states that does not require braiders to be licensed. The information is on the cosmetology board website.

You’re correct for braiders.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by sunboy(m): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

If she’s only braiding, no license is required.

👍🏾
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by E21345: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
Sisib15:
How long did it take the international affairs office of SDSU to send you the form i20 and was it soft or hardcopy?
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Sisib15: 2:19am On Aug 06, 2023
Thank you
sunboy:

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by sunboy(m): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sisib15:
You people didn't tell me that you all work for money here. I thought we should come to America and start picking the money. 😂😂😂😂😩

Dey play cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Jef90: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2023
Ok
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Fodio84: 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
Please my brothers and sisters, if you need anything in Nigeria like foodstuffs, textiles or you need someone to run errands sharply for you. 07038157418
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by decide: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hello, please I will in Baltimore Maryland next week on a study visa and will like to connect with friends that are already there.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Thedon12: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
N
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Zita86: 3:38am On Aug 17, 2023
reliableGod:
Hi Everyone, Please I’m looking to book a flight to Orlando Florida and I need an airline that doesn’t require transit visa, with the shortest flight time and the least amount of stopovers. I don’t know if anyone can be of help. Cost is not really a problem.[color=#006600][/color] my husband works with Ethiopian airline and he can also help with other airlines. You can send a message to me so that I can hive u his details

Please I need clarification about this Ethiopian airline free luggage rule.
Can't I use a duffel bag to carry my things? Must it be a box?
The duffel bag is lighter and contains more things and on their website I'm seeing that luggages must be a box 55x23x44 or else it won't be checked in or loaded in the aircraft or something.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Seunblack7070: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2023
I think Delta airline is your best bet. They have direct flight from Lagos to Atlanta, and then they connect you to wherever you going to In the United States.
reliableGod:
Hi Everyone, Please I’m looking to book a flight to Orlando Florida and I need an airline that doesn’t require transit visa, with the shortest flight time and the least amount of stopovers. I don’t know if anyone can be of help. Cost is not really a problem.[color=#006600][/color] my husband works with Ethiopian airline and he can also help with other airlines. You can send a message to me so that I can hive u his details
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by ayotode22(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
You be senior weyrey , you no want make I make my ticket money back come ball you ?
aestake:

Na visit you go for. Go watch deserts for Arizona jor.
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by aestake: 4:06am On Aug 19, 2023
ayotode22:
You be senior weyrey , you no want make I make my ticket money back come ball you ?
Mak dem no hear dis oo
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by molybdenum0012: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2023
Nice tread.. I just spent a month in the US on an immigrant visa...Looking for a job, has not been easy man...I decided to apply for Amazon delivery driver jobs, but my international driving license was rejected... Still working on getting my certificate and transcript over here for evaluation...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Ogolikpo1(f): 12:09am On Aug 20, 2023
ok
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Ogolikpo1(f): 12:10am On Aug 20, 2023
hi guys
Re: Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 by Knetpro(m): 10:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
Living abroad is great

Especially with the exchange rate of dollar to naira hitting the roof.

But, it has its challenges too.

Personally, I will jump at any opportunity which allows me to earn in dollars from the comfort of my home in Nigeria.

Rather than travel abroad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / I Regret Coming To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.